Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Steven Gerrard Announces Retirement

Read 9326 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Steven Gerrard Announces Retirement
      Reply #46: Nov 25, 2016 12:45:19 am
      marchisiocla8   4h
      I watched you on the TV as a child, I admired you and studied your every move. For me one of the strongest and most complete midfielder players that I have ever seen and ever met on the pitch. A legend and an emblem of your club.
      An example both as a person and as a player! Good luck with everything @stevengerrard #Gerrard #MC8

jackwilshere  7h
      As a kid growing up I wanted to be like him, it was a dream come true to line up next to him in an England shirt. Good luck in the future Skipper @stevengerrard

mkelly_34   4h
      Amazing memories for the fans and family to remember forever! @stevengerrard what a player, captain and friend 👊🏻 congratulations 👏🏻✋🏻⚽️ #legend #stevieg

koke6   2h
      An outstanding sportsman is retiring. Quality, moral values and pure football. A great professional and better person. Thank you for your legacy in the sport we love.⚽️🙌🏻

His Twitter & Instagram must be going mental right now :D
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #47: Nov 25, 2016 04:21:38 am
      He is the bar. Simple as that, he is the guy every Liverpool player nay every player should be measured by and frankly if I was most of them I'd be looking for a new line of work.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #48: Nov 25, 2016 07:24:55 am
      Sadly never destined to lift the league as our captain - but what a player and captain

As others have said - let him start with youth teams, finish off his badges, and maybe in 5+ years time when Klopp wants a new challenge, after his 3rd consecutive Champions league (!),  he can step up and be manager
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #49: Nov 25, 2016 08:46:19 am
      I just want to say thank you Stevie for giving us so many wonderful memories and wish him and his family all the very best whatever he decides to do next.
      A true Liverpool legend, he led by example and at times dragged his team mates over the winning line.
      A job back home (LFC) would be just perfect.    :clap: :kop5cf8koxp6: :clap:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #50: Nov 25, 2016 09:50:19 am
      'Steven Gerrard close to accepting role on Anfield's academy coaching staff':-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/24/steven-gerrard-poised-accept-liverpool-academy-coaching-role/
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #51: Nov 25, 2016 10:07:14 am

Maybe you can help make more England managers in England in the future if they can start working at the beginning and not in the middle or the end.

Wise words from Klopp, who obviously is steering Gerrard onto the right path.

Glad he's back at the club in some form.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #52: Nov 25, 2016 11:39:03 am
      I notice this little tribute from a former Liverpool player El-Hadji Diouf

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3969862/El-Hadji-Diouf-reignites-war-words-Liverpool-FC-legend-ex-team-mate-Steven-Gerrard-nothing.html

What a spit-tingly "Classy" individual Diouf is.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #53: Nov 25, 2016 11:53:28 am

How Mane can say this pathetic excuse of a human is his idol I'll never know.
      RedWilly

• 9,183 posts | 1634 
      Reply #54: Nov 25, 2016 12:09:21 pm

It baffles me that Diouf actually believes this sh*t that he speaks. How much must you think of yourself to think that a few goals in a World Cup over 14 years ago is somehow a major achievement, let alone puts you above someone like Stevie.

Glad he got filled in a few years back in some nightclub!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #55: Nov 25, 2016 12:23:12 pm

F***ing gobs***e.
      Wouldn't piss on the c**t if he was on fire.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #56: Nov 25, 2016 01:28:45 pm
      Tribute thread obviously so we should keep the likes of Diouf well out of it.

Just to add that as a fan of over 50 years I think that Gerrard on his day was the best at pulling us out of it singly handedly. The West Ham cup final being probably the best example. Great great privilege and pleasure to have watched his career at LFC and I obviously hope he can come back to the club in some capacity.

Enjoy your retirement and good health to him and his family.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #57: Nov 25, 2016 01:32:58 pm
      I would, at the moment my piss is very, very salty.

And you know that how?  :laugh:

As for Diouf... that sh*te shouldn't be repeated in here... I'd delete the F**k out of  it.  ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #58: Nov 25, 2016 01:36:30 pm
      I would, at the moment my piss is very, very salty.

It might still be a fire-retardant Ian so you wouldn't be advised to point your todger at Diouf if he was ablaze.
      The decision would be yours of course, spraying the gobs***e with salty piss would provide endless fun.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #59: Nov 25, 2016 01:45:58 pm
      It's all white and crystalline. It just comes out like a fire extinguisher. Mental image not required.

And I don't march with the Columbians so it must be salt.

F**k it, whilst he writhes about in agony I'll do a jobbie in his mouth.

"Spit that out ya c**t"

On the plus side, salty water is a better conductor of electricity.
      Just in case someone has some jump leads and a car battery, or better yet, a truck battery.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #60: Nov 25, 2016 05:15:43 pm
      Happy Retirement Super G. Thanks for everything. Hope we didn't see the last of you.
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #61: Nov 25, 2016 07:22:08 pm
      Tranmere? They're in the Conference :D. Why would it affect Klopp? Some people in this fan base must think Klopp is one of the most weak minded people in the game.

According to Chris Bascombe he's set to accept a role at academy level. Klopp has been saying that he should be given the opportunity to learn the trade away from the spotlight and I guess this is a way of doing that. No idea what age group that will be at mind.
      I only refered to Tranmere as an example just like Mk Dons dont forget ex Liverpool greats such as John Barnes and John  Aldridge were both managers there even the great Bill Shankly started his managerial carrear at lower league teams before arriving at Liverpool we were in a lower league prior to his appointment whilst we have had great success in the past promoting from within [boot room styje ] i think the modern game now does not allow that style now however Gerrard maybe an exception to that rule and one day he will no doubt become the Liverpool manager i would have prefered him to go and become his own man and if succesful when the time is right come back as manager look at Alan Shearer Newcastle legend appointed manager but not a success now a tv pundit not all club idols are not successful managers i certainly hope Gerrard will be a succesfull manager with us time will tell
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #62: Nov 25, 2016 07:51:01 pm
      It's difficult to say something different that hasn't been say already, the word Legend gets banded about to readily these days imo, but not for this bloke,
      If you look down the corridors of Anfield there is a room tucked away in the darkest corner. It's called the mould room,
      It's where all the broken moulds are stored, you know the ones, the ones with names such as Shankly, Paisley, Bugsy Moran, Dalglish, Souness, Hansen, Clemence, Tommy Smith, Cally, to name but few, the type of individual who gave his all and some, the kind of commitment that the very foundations of this club are built,

There are many many more broken moulds in that room, Liddle, Hunt, St John, Barnes, Rush, Fowler, names that roll off the tongue.

This week we add another, perhaps the best of all, there will never be another Steven Gerrard, there will never be another Kenny Dalglish, it's so difficult to split them, we can't truth be told, different era's different game.
      When you think of the worlds best players over the last 25-30 years, Gerrard for me is at the top table. Sat next to Zidane, Kaka, Seedorf, Maldini, the accolades pouring in from all over the globe is testament to that, he is very highly regarded by the very best the world has seen, and that's not bad is it when you consider how grounded he has remained all his career, from the minute he kicked that garden fork, to playing bare-arse in the street with his mates, to lifting 'Ol Big Ears' at the Ataturk in 2005,

IT IS the end of a Era, a era blessed by Steven Gerrard, he has served LFC with grace, with dignity, he is a truly living Legend

Thank you Steven Gerrard, thank you for all those special special moments , moments most of us will tell our kids and grand kids, moments that most of us will take to our graves. THANK YOU .

YNWA
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 624 posts | 59 
      Reply #63: Nov 25, 2016 07:52:31 pm
      First of all Steven Gerrard had more talent in his little toe,than that clown Diouf had in his whole body.classless c**t.Gerrard in his prime was practically unstoppable,for me there is so much that stands out,the Olympiakos goal,for the simple reason we would still be on 4 European cups,as we would never had made the final had he not scored that screamer,and the West ham goal,no words needed.My favourite player of the last 20 years,and even though my eldest son is 11,and was a little bit too young to appreciate Gerrard in his prime,he has watched enough clips,to know that he played the game on another level,he has a lot of Liverpool shirts,but the shirt i always end up washing is Gerrard's,he was some player.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #64: Nov 25, 2016 09:47:29 pm
      How Mane can say this pathetic excuse of a human is his idol I'll never know.
      Takes all sorts mate,all sorts  :roll:
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #65: Nov 26, 2016 12:47:14 am
      So sad, footballs loss
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #66: Nov 26, 2016 05:15:35 am
      For me , he retired when he left Liverpool. This is more of a formality now.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #67: Nov 26, 2016 07:30:57 am
      Brilliant Player, Inspirational Captain and a true Liverpool Legend.

All the best in retirement Stevie, thanks for giving us so many remarkable memories.

Just Love this Photo, sums up the love for the Man.

QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #68: Nov 27, 2016 11:45:59 am
      Brilliant Player, Inspirational Captain and a true Liverpool Legend.

All the best in retirement Stevie, thanks for giving us so many remarkable memories.

Just Love this Photo, sums up the love for the Man.

Yeah, sterling cameo ruined it for me :(

Quick Reply