Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v B'mouth?

Loris Karius
      6 (5.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      11 (10.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (2.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      20 (19.4%)
      Emre Can
      11 (10.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      5 (4.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      32 (31.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
      Divock Origi
      9 (8.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: Dec 08, 2016 03:31:56 pm

AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 36913 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Re: AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Dec 06, 2016 03:25:41 pm
      I do find it interesting that this game has sparked a much bigger negative reaction than the Burnley game.

I think it's better to lose a game 4-3, having scored 3 goals and actually been 3-1 up at one point than it is to lose 2-0 having not even managed a goal.

I don't remember this many questions being asked of certain players after that match and we had Coutinho on the pitch as well that day.

Time to move on now, focus on West Ham.

Probably just bought back memories of some of those nightmare performances under Rodgers.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #737: Dec 06, 2016 03:59:34 pm
      Probably just bought back memories of some of those nightmare performances under Rodgers.

You're probably right. Even in Rodgers corresponding "no Europe" season where we almost won it, there were enough poor performances and capitulations to have us all flipping our triangles on more than one occasion. I must confess this time I'm a little surprised though at the lack of perspective from some fans. Jürgen is by all accounts well liked by all of us, he's got us playing some of the best football we've seen for years (even better arguably that the stuff we played in the "nearly"/"Suarez"/"Rodgers f****** it up" season).

It was only one bad result (we didn't play that bad in truth) and some people are practically losing their sh!t. We've only lost two matches all season, I don't know what people expect sometimes.   
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #738: Dec 06, 2016 04:01:44 pm
      "Oh really, so you have all the same information as Klopp, have assessed the players in training all week, and have detailed knowledge of his tactical approach to this game. No? Thought not, F**k off".

Who said that?  :D

Alls i know is that we have a little habit of going enough goals up where the game should be safe and then making life hard for ourselves enough times for it to be an issue.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #739: Dec 06, 2016 04:03:39 pm
      I'm still astonished Klopp didn't replace Can and Firmino with Klavan and Ejaria and shut up shop at 2:3!!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #740: Dec 06, 2016 04:07:15 pm
      I think there's definitely something to be said for us needing to control games better once we get in front. We've been pulled back too often from leads under Jürgen for anyone to pretend it's not a bit of an issue, and instances such as at the weekend where we are still bombing our full backs up and getting broken onto when we're 3-1 up with 20 minutes to go highlight it.

Football is different in England, teams fight till the death and I'm still not totally convinced Jürgen (or indeed Guardiola) have totally grasped it. Sometimes you've got to sit in, get your holders in front of the back four, keep your full backs narrow and ugly though it is, knock it down the channels. May not win any beautiful football prizes but it would make it much harder for teams to roll you over from behind.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #741: Dec 06, 2016 04:29:59 pm
      The last three league champions finished with points in the 80s. the highest of these was Chelsea with 87 in 14-15. That is 27 points dropped.

We've dropped 12 in 14 matches (all to teams below us in the table). No way losing this game, as disappointing as the manner of it was, indicates a championship run is now off the cards. 57 points out of 24 matches dropping 15) would put us in the ballpark. Yes we have to resume winning at a very high percentage, but that's what any team winning the title must do.

Glad the team is training in warmer climes, addressing whatever went wrong in the second 45 minutes and gearing up for a fantastic holiday season of matches.

Onward HO!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #742: Dec 06, 2016 04:39:51 pm
      I think there's definitely something to be said for us needing to control games better once we get in front. We've been pulled back too often from leads under Jürgen for anyone to pretend it's not a bit of an issue, and instances such as at the weekend where we are still bombing our full backs up and getting broken onto when we're 3-1 up with 20 minutes to go highlight it.

Football is different in England, teams fight till the death and I'm still not totally convinced Jürgen (or indeed Guardiola) have totally grasped it. Sometimes you've got to sit in, get your holders in front of the back four, keep your full backs narrow and ugly though it is, knock it down the channels. May not win any beautiful football prizes but it would make it much harder for teams to roll you over from behind.

I fully expect Klopp and his staff to learn this BigMick, especially after a painful result like this. In fairness we have been much much better defensively this season already but if we can learn to better defend a lead then we will become invincible. I still have my doubts about Karius but on reflection I think its probably better to stick with him rather than going back to Migs, but he needs to get his sh*t together and fast.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #743: Dec 06, 2016 05:21:54 pm
      Still can't quite believe we managed to lose this game.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #744: Dec 06, 2016 05:49:02 pm

At 3-1 it was like the whole team got out the deckchairs and cigars.

I reckon this was what infuriated Klopp the most.
      If we'd been beaten by a better team, fair enough, but we had such a grip on it that losing was pretty embarrassing.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #745: Dec 06, 2016 06:35:26 pm
      At 3-1 it was like the whole team got out the deckchairs and cigars.

I reckon this was what infuriated Klopp the most.
      If we'd been beaten by a better team, fair enough, but we had such a grip on it that losing was pretty embarrassing.

We came so close to going 4-1 up but for a matter of millimeters when Boruc almost walked Milner's corner directly in, after that it just went completely to pot. From what would have totally killed the game off to us panicking and looking like the team we were under Rodgers.

I wouldn't have liked to have been in the changing rooms after the game, bet Klopp tore right into them. The team will be in for a tough few training sessions up until the next game now regardless of being in Spain.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #746: Dec 06, 2016 07:44:33 pm

Yea, 3-1 up and comfortable against Bournemouth ... eh, Bournemouth ... and we ship 3 goals to loose it. It's hard to stomach. Haven't watch a ball being kicked since the final whistle. Just want to get the game against WH started, get that one flushed out of the system...
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #747: Dec 06, 2016 10:28:24 pm
      We came so close to going 4-1 up but for a matter of millimeters when Boruc almost walked Milner's corner directly in, after that it just went completely to pot. From what would have totally killed the game off to us panicking and looking like the team we were under Rodgers.

Ah yes. Had forgotten that incident.

Why did they bring in the goal-line technology?!? Not fair. That would have been a goal in years gone by, and looking at the technology on this one, still wondering if the technology is really correct?  :f_whistle: It was that close!!!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #748: Dec 06, 2016 10:33:13 pm
      Ah yes. Had forgotten that incident.

Why did they bring in the goal-line technology?!? Not fair. That would have been a goal in years gone by, and looking at the technology on this one, still wondering if the technology is really correct?  :f_whistle: It was that close!!!!

If there wasn't the technology then I expect it would have been given, remember seeing the ref's reaction and saying to one of their players that it was incredibly close
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #749: Dec 07, 2016 04:30:48 am
      Anyone know that they flew straight out from Bournemouth Airport to Barcelona for two days "warm weather" training.
      What was that all about ?

They needed a bloody cold bath and a wake up call including a slap round the back of their heads with a wet fish.

He took them there to show them if we keep F***ing up like that, we won't be playing Champions League matches next year against the likes of Barca.

Well that's my take on it anyway.
      Kopite78
      Reply #750: Dec 07, 2016 07:55:24 am
      He took them there to show them if we keep f**king up like that, we won't be playing Champions League matches next year against the likes of Barca.

Well that's my take on it anyway.

He's done it as part of team building and unity... Belief in what they are doing together

Put that behind us, I believe in you group of players, don't listen to what the outside is saying about us believe what I'm telling you, believe in what we are doing and the fact we are together

Bollockings don't always work, they only work at the right time.. For Klopp to get the buy in he needs for the players to play how he wants and to run and put 100% in on the pitch for him there would be no point him tearing them down on the back of Bournemouth.
      Players have said already that he doesn't shout when they sometimes expect him to, after poor results, he says that that is gone now we can't do anything about it so what we can do is learn from it going forward
      So he's more likely to have put his arms around them and then in a couple of days time in training he will talk about what led to that last 20 minutes against Bournemouth and how they can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Klopp gets buy in from his group that he believes in by having a close knit group around him that he will put the baracades around and defend them from criticism, he has an obvious hard side like he's shown with Sakho and the others he's got rid of from the squad.. But it's not his style to change plans of training or pull them in for even more on the back of one albeit bad result.
      He will have been in their heads this week, arms round them, out for squad meals, watching that game last night telling them it was a one off and that what they've been doing all season has been brilliant and focus on the next one

And those players will come back to Melwood probably today all getting changed either saying to each other or thinking it Know what Klopp's sound, I love playing for him and with his style he's more likely to get them running through walls again for him and smashing West Ham than if he called them sh*te and telling them they won't ever achieve if they do that again

He and the lads won't think Bournemouth is the end of the world or our season, this week will have made them forget that, Klopp will remind them of what else we have done this season and start again from Saturday

Telling them if they continue that they won't do this or that or chucking them in cold baths and smashing them with fish  :D will have more of a negative effect than anything with the way Klopp gets that buy in he has gained at every club he's been at.

Hummels came out this week saying how much he loves Klopp, he gets that by his overall approach and the timing of everything he does with them

Quick Reply