Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre-Match: Liverpool v West Ham Sunday 11th December. KO 4.30pm

Read 9113 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v West Ham Sunday 11th December. KO 4.30pm
      Dec 06, 2016 06:20:43 pm
      F**k it!!  We've another game coming up soon, get ya chins out the doldrums and start looking forward to the next one.  That's what Jürgen and the lads are doing.  Bournemouth's been and gone, we lost, get over it.

So West Ham then?  Pretty sh*t this lot this season, no idea what the F**k's happened to them after their last season, maybe it has effected them badly moving from Uton Park or maybe they're just a really w*nk team who got lucky last season.

Anyway they're fu**ed with injuries and bad form and they're visiting Anfield this Sunday - un F***ing lucky!!

Great news is Matip, Firmino and Mane all trained today, it's a pity Daniel's still missing but I think we're all used to that now and we're still scoring plenty of goals.  Matip back in shores up the woeful recent defensive display and big Andy will get no change out of him whatsoever so there's another plus.

Bring.  It.  On.  :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2016 07:34:31 pm by JD »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: Liverpool v West Ham Sunday 11th December. KO 4.30pm
      Reply #1: Dec 06, 2016 07:04:12 pm
      I know a lot of West Ham fans and they are expecting to be beaten.

They won't set up to defend as
      they don't know how is what they are saying but they have Andy Carroll back so think they might cause problems.

Could also be Bilics last game
      if they get tonked.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #2: Dec 06, 2016 07:30:20 pm
      Hoping to see a better game than Bournemouth and think we'll be right up for it.

I will say one thing that is pissing me off though... F***ing Sunday matches.

YNWA
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #3: Dec 06, 2016 07:39:08 pm
      Going for a big recovery, 4-1.

Matip back in the team should sort out the back 4 and Andy carrol to get the obligatory headed consolation.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #4: Dec 06, 2016 07:46:25 pm
      Interesting game after Sunday's shambles. There is no problem with the attack, but the defence, costing us dearly. West Ham not at their best lately, should be a home win for the Reds.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1645 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: Dec 06, 2016 07:47:54 pm
      Yea, let's move onto looking forward to this one, rather than glumming on the last :)
      Couldn't have picked a better team to welcome to Anfield, not in great form, us with players coming back.
      Just hope Andy Carroll doesn't pick this day to have a blinder, tho would expect them to pump balls into the box and try and benefit from causing some mayhem. Matip, get your ass back...
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #6: Dec 07, 2016 08:28:09 am
      This game is all about our team bouncing back.

We should be looking to humiliate this lot.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #7: Dec 07, 2016 08:59:42 am
      Although the Hammers have been absolutely dreadful this season Im sure they will try and load the box to utilise the height of Carrroll so we just need to make sure we dont give away any silly free kick around the penalty area, having Matip back should also help big time.

With the clamour to bring the "ever reliable" Mignolet back in I don't think Klopp will drop Karius and rightly so in my opinion.

West Ham are a big physical side so I can see Can in midfield for this one.

Although Origi as the number 9 and Firmino out wide was not as fluent as previous we still managed to score 3 goals so we should see a continuation of that front line.

Karius
      Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Hendo
      Can
      Lallana

Mane
      Firmino
      Origi
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #8: Dec 07, 2016 09:19:42 am
      Although the Hammers have been absolutely dreadful this season Im sure they will try and load the box to utilise the height of Carrroll so we just need to make sure we dont give away any silly free kick around the penalty area, having Matip back should also help big time.

I agree with nearly all of this post, particularly this bit. They will definitely look to load up on the keeper at every opportunity (I wouldn't drop Karius either BTW). Would you take even money on us keeping a clean sheet? I wouldn't.   

Forgot to mention I wouldn't play Origi from the start if we have an alternative.
      Kopite78
      Reply #9: Dec 07, 2016 09:30:46 am
      I agree with nearly all of this post, particularly this bit. They will definitely look to load up on the keeper at every opportunity (I wouldn't drop Karius either BTW). Would you take even money on us keeping a clean sheet? I wouldn't.   

I'm not sure, don't get me wrong if I was having a bet I wouldn't back the clean sheet, but Matip back plus the lads would be hurting after Sunday... I wouldn't rule it out

I wouldn't drop Karius either,  even though I think he has such a long way to go but from the things you hear Klopp likes his cockiness for want of a better word, that his confidence won't let Sunday affect him like Mignolet would

Forgot to mention I wouldn't play Origi from the start if we have an alternative.

As much as we debated (enjoyably on my part) Origi the other night I would be tempted to agree if we had someone else. . As I don't think Firmino is as effective wide.

Know what though? If Studge was fit I'd be tempted to throw him and Origi up top in a diamond like against Spurs in the league cup as West Ham won't be prepared for it and Origi Imo works better in a two (as does Daniel)

Sturridge       Origi

Firmino

Lallana                        Gini

Hendo
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1645 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Dec 07, 2016 09:46:11 am
      I'd drop Karius and put in Mignolet. If not, what does Karius have to do to be dropped ? He has been really poor since sticking him in the side. Taking a kickout and conceeding a corner!? ... Migs does that and the place melts down (that is NOT the only reason I'd drop him but sums up what I think about Karius right now). I don't say that lightly cause I'd much prefer NOT to have Mignolet between the sticks, but when there is nothing between the two keepers, I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp makes the switch. Mignolet has done OK in the cup matches (famous last words).
      Frying pan and fire...
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,280 posts | 235 
      Reply #11: Dec 07, 2016 09:57:24 am
      Masive masive game. Glad Matip will be back - so crucial to our defence.

I would start Firmino up front and put Origi on bench - we need some options there.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #12: Dec 07, 2016 10:01:48 am
      Love the optimisim guys, we have only been beaten twice and its 7th December not too bad considering the last 2 seasons dross.

However I am not sure whether I will feel comfortable until we are 6 nil up.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #13: Dec 07, 2016 10:03:34 am
      I'd drop Karius and put in Mignolet. If not, what does Karius have to do to be dropped ? He has been really poor since sticking him in the side. Taking a kickout and conceeding a corner!? ... Migs does that and the place melts down (that is NOT the only reason I'd drop him but sums up what I think about Karius right now). I don't say that lightly cause I'd much prefer NOT to have Mignolet between the sticks, but when there is nothing between the two keepers, I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp makes the switch. Mignolet has done OK in the cup matches (famous last words).
      Frying pan and fire...

Knee jerk personified.

There is no way Karius is getting dropped at the weekend. Unless he is injured he will 100% be in goal.

And Mignolet was still flapping in the cups, he hasn't suddenly become Manual Neuer from sitting on the bench.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #14: Dec 07, 2016 10:35:47 am
      Frying pan and fire...

I understand what you're saying, but I think we're going to have to endure some more hapless stuff before Karius gets dropped.

The idea supposedly was to keep both keepers on their toes with the competition. Unfortunately, as of yet there's been no competition and it will take a few more accidents (watch Karius on crosses, it's like watching Mignolet rooted to his line with brylcreem) before Klopp considers Mignolet for the first team again.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1645 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15: Dec 07, 2016 11:39:52 am
      Knee jerk personified.

There is no way Karius is getting dropped at the weekend. Unless he is injured he will 100% be in goal.

And Mignolet was still flapping in the cups, he hasn't suddenly become Manual Neuer from sitting on the bench.

Never said Migs was ideal, and don't recall any more flapping from him than from Karius.
      Don't see how it's knee jerk - Karius hasn't really done anything since being put in the starting XI.
      We have two keepers of very similar ability - based on form, would consider them pretty interchangeable right now.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1645 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16: Dec 07, 2016 11:43:54 am
      it will take a few more accidents (watch Karius on crosses, it's like watching Mignolet rooted to his line with brylcreem) before Klopp considers Mignolet for the first team again.

Think you're probably right, Klopp will probably stick with him for now.
      Personally I'd give Migs a go, Karius just gives me slightly more heebie jeebies...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17: Dec 07, 2016 11:46:45 am
      We should have more than enough to smash these guys, my only slight worry is if they get an early goal but even so I think the lads will have a fire in their belly after the humiliation of Bournemouth.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #18: Dec 07, 2016 03:15:48 pm
      Someone is due a tonking,it might just be the hammers 😀 The lads must be hurting after Bournemouth so let's hope they get their act together on Sunday and annihilate the cockneys 👍
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19: Dec 07, 2016 04:05:58 pm
      Just hoping for a good result to put last week behind us. There is still some management of squad through injuries that will need to be done, especially with three games in 7 days starting Sunday. Hoping for the best and confident we have the crew to accomplish it.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #20: Dec 07, 2016 11:00:02 pm
      watch these fuckers play like its the 2006 Cup Final...

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #21: Dec 08, 2016 08:29:06 am
      Tricky tie this one.

Put in Simon and if he gets beat by an Andy Carroll winner, I'm sure there'll be people who don't want to play Simon ever again.

Play Loris and if he makes another silly mistake, there'll be people who will want him benched.

Upgrade the goalkeeping coach I'd say. I'm sure we can afford better gk coaching. If I had to decide, I'll play Loris. Maintain status quo unless Loris' problem becomes very serious.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #22: Dec 08, 2016 11:04:56 am
      Tricky tie this one.

Put in Simon and if he gets beat by an Andy Carroll winner, I'm sure there'll be people who don't want to play Simon ever again.

Play Loris and if he makes another silly mistake, there'll be people who will want him benched.

Upgrade the goalkeeping coach I'd say. I'm sure we can afford better gk coaching. If I had to decide, I'll play Loris. Maintain status quo unless Loris' problem becomes very serious.

I agree in terms of the goal keeping coach. Atchenberg just doesn't seem to have done for our goalkeepers.

Keeping wise - Loris. Remeber DeGea being cr@p in his first season.

Quick Reply