Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Joe Hart - should Liverpool go for him?

Read 18567 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,914 posts | 4981 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Joe Hart - should Liverpool go for him?
      Dec 12, 2016 10:39:13 am
      ACHTUNG Jürgen !!!!

WE NEED A NEW EXPERIENCED PREMIER LEAGUE KEEPER!!!

JOE HART HATES PASTA, HE'S NOT TO ENAMOURED IN TURIN, AND HE'S........

HEAD & SHOULDERS above our two Clowns,

I'd go get him January if we have aspirations of keeping our title challenge feasible,

Don't know about anyone else but it makes sense to me?

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2016 11:48:26 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Re: Joe Hart - should Liverpool go for him?
      Reply #1: Dec 12, 2016 10:44:53 am
      People really need to stop with this Joe Hart nonsense.

Have you watched him play?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2: Dec 12, 2016 10:50:58 am

Yes. He's a very good goalkeeper and I think he's better than our goalkeepers at the moment.

But when you ask has anyone watched him play, do you mean his career, or his last few months at City or his current spell in the MLS?

The thing is, we know Hart is a good goalkeeper because he's proven it over the years. But with Mignolet, I can't say the same and with Karius, well he might become world class, but right now he needs to be an understudy. I'm pretty sure Hart would be a better option for us in goals right now, and the immediate effect would be that the defence would be calmer as well.

Still, it's a moot point as I can't see Klopp going for any other goalkeeper. His thinking is that he will work with Karius.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,914 posts | 4981 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3: Dec 12, 2016 10:51:38 am

Have you seen our two play, he imo is better than dumb and f***in dumber.

YNWA
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4: Dec 12, 2016 10:54:52 am

YNWA

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :mad:
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #5: Dec 12, 2016 11:04:12 am
      Yes. He's a very good goalkeeper and I think he's better than our goalkeepers at the moment.

But when you ask has anyone watched him play, do you mean his career, or his last few months at City or his current spell in the MLS?

Exactly my point.

He's made a lot of mistakes in the premier league and he's still making mistakes in Italy (not the MLS)

He is marginally better than Mignolet. We shouldn't be looking to Joe Hart we should be looking beyond.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #6: Dec 12, 2016 11:15:57 am
      Exactly my point.

He's made a lot of mistakes in the premier league and he's still making mistakes in Italy (not the MLS)

He is marginally better than Mignolet. We shouldn't be looking to Joe Hart we should be looking beyond.
      But if he's marginally better than Migs and Migs is marginally better than Karius right now?

It's not going to happen either way
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7: Dec 12, 2016 11:20:47 am
      I think Joe Hart could be a decent option in January, all he needs is to regain his confidence, the ability is still there which I honestly can't say about our 2 clowns.

Beyond the obvious goalkeeping issues there is something very wrong with the team at the moment, it seems that early confidence and energy has left them. Henderson has regressed to the backwards passing player of last season and Firminio has become very poor.

I'm so disappointed with that match as I really expected after the team bonding in Barcelona plus the humiliation of losing to Bournemouth that they would have been supercharged for this match but alas no and that is a HUGE worry because it means that Klopp is losing his ability to keep them focused and pumped up.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #8: Dec 12, 2016 12:46:51 pm
      If Joe Hart was as good as some make him out to be on here he still would be in between the sticks at City.

A little like Stones he's English a "lion" so he must automatically be very good.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Dec 12, 2016 01:20:57 pm
      ACHTUNG Jürgen !!!!

WE NEED A NEW EXPERIENCED PREMIER LEAGUE KEEPER!!!

JOE HART HATES PASTA, HE'S NOT TO ENAMOURED IN TURIN, AND HE'S........

HEAD & SHOULDERS above our two Clowns,

I'd go get him January if we have aspirations of keeping our title challenge feasible,

Don't know about anyone else but it makes sense to me?

YNWA

Yep, hard to argue looking at the GK situation right now.
      Hart has won titles at City, experienced, had a poor euro2016 no doubt, but think he's a better keeper than either of what we have. Torino are more than happy with him, City have Bravo who has also cost them a fair few points. If could get him in Jan, would do.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Dec 12, 2016 01:22:57 pm
      If Joe Hart was as good as some make him out to be on here he still would be in between the sticks at City.

Think it was more that Pep wanted his man, and his man has so far made plenty of mistakes himself.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #11: Dec 12, 2016 01:40:11 pm

YNWA

Interesting use of ynwa.
      +10
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #12: Dec 12, 2016 02:07:50 pm
      I think Joe Hart could be a decent option in January, all he needs is to regain his confidence, the ability is still there which I honestly can't say about our 2 clowns.

Beyond the obvious goalkeeping issues there is something very wrong with the team at the moment, it seems that early confidence and energy has left them. Henderson has regressed to the backwards passing player of last season and Firminio has become very poor.

I'm so disappointed with that match as I really expected after the team bonding in Barcelona plus the humiliation of losing to Bournemouth that they would have been supercharged for this match but alas no and that is a HUGE worry because it means that Klopp is losing his ability to keep them focused and pumped up.

Unbelievable quote! We are going through a slightly bad run of form, 1 in 4 is certainly not title winning form I agree but that in no way shows that our manager is losing his touch! At the end of that game yesterday everyone single player looked shattered, it just didn't come!

As for Hart, I don't think he is as bad as some make out and there is no doubt that he would improve us in the short term. However, Klopp, and indeed many others, saw something in Karius to make him a target. The thing is it is very frustrating right now because we want everything yesterday! But I remember a young Zimbawean  being humiliated in front of the Kop by Man City in 1981 ( was Corrigan bottled in the same game? Older lads help me out!) who was given time. If we are having the same conversation in May then I might be inclined to agree, but right now I'm fully behind the Boss's judgement and will continue to show support for any player who is on the field. I was particularly disappointed at the ironic cheers by some elements of our own support yesterday when the lad caught a ball, that's the way to sort his confidence out eh?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #13: Dec 12, 2016 02:25:26 pm
      No
      F***ing
      Way.

The only reason city had him was to make up their quota of English players.
      David James was a better 'keeper.

And no doubt he'll want silly money.

F**k that sh*t.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #14: Dec 12, 2016 02:30:00 pm
      He would cost us a fortune and we'd have to pay him a fortune

The question should be if we are going to spend decent money on buying a new keeper would Joe Hart be everyone's first choice?

I highly doubt it.

So why buy him?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15: Dec 12, 2016 02:31:32 pm
      He would cost us a fortune and we'd have to pay him a fortune

The question should be if we are going to spend decent money on buying a new keeper would Joe Hart be everyone's first choice?

I highly doubt it.

So why buy him?

Kneejerkers who appear to know F**k all about the game and only appear to have a moan.
      F**k 'em.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #16: Dec 12, 2016 02:44:02 pm
      I think whether or not Joe Hart is the solution probably isn't the question as I'm pretty sure we won't be buying him. The question short term is do we stick with Karius, and if we do where will we be come January? If he and we carry on in the sort of form which has seen us pick up one point from a trip to Bournemouth and a home game with West Ham combined, with the greatest respect it won't make any difference who we sign because by then we'll be going for a top four slot at best.

As far as Karius is concerned I think the next game is absolutely crucial. If he plays well there I'd stick with him, but any sort of f*** up and I'd be reluctant to see him line up at Goodison as he'll get destroyed by their fans. I do take peoples point when they say Mignolet is no better (I personally think he is by a small margin but anyway) but at least Mignolet is used to the scrutiny, used to being called sh!te if you like so maybe in a better position to deal with it. Unfortunately for Karius his ill advised decision to debate with pundits in a public forum has put him under even greater scrutiny and pressure, and his form looks to me to be in danger of completely unraveling. I understand some posters wish to be loyal to Jürgen and his signings, but I've never been one for pretending the sky is a different colour to what I ccan see with my own eyes. If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck then there seems little point to me in pretending it's a swan. Karius at the moment is the muckiest and ugliest of ducks and he is giving us a real issue.

Longer term if Karius doesn't work out, I've seen enough of Mignolet to know he isn't the answer either. I'm no goalkeeping expert, but quite why we always seem to end up with one of the worst three or four goalkeepers in the league I'm unsure. Why don't we just go and buy someone who we KNOW is pretty good? Frazer Forster, Jack Butland, Joe Hart, the fella from Burnley, someone of that ilk? Then there's the keepers abroad, we played a German team last season (not Dortmund) and their keeper was excellent. Jürgen said he was one of the best keepers in their league, why not look at him?

I don't know why we always seem to make it difficult, but with successive managers and teams we always seem to have a goalie who gives the opposition half a goal start before we kick off.     
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #17: Dec 12, 2016 02:47:56 pm
      Nothing against if we decide so.

But won't be shocked if Jürgen prefers another option or trusting one of our current ones. Problem is defensivee coordination as much as goalkeeper imo, we rely too much on Matip (usually excellent) individual performances, and as soon he's not there or not in top form we pay the price. A change may take more time to be fruitfull than just keeping Karius or giving back the role to Migs and working harder on our defensive tactics. I trust JK judgment about that.
      CROM592
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #18: Dec 12, 2016 02:56:46 pm
      Personally, I think we should try and sign Asmir Begovic. He's a proven quality Premier League goalkeeper who's wasting away on Chelsea's bench. It would take quite a lot of money and persuasion to sign him from a rival, but if we could bring him in, send Mignolet on his way and keep Karius, I think we'd be in a solid position.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #19: Dec 12, 2016 02:58:50 pm
      Personally, I think we should try and sign Asmir Begovic. He's a proven quality Premier League goalkeeper who's wasting away on Chelsea's bench. It would take quite a lot of money and persuasion to sign him from a rival, but if we could bring him in, send Mignolet on his way and keep Karius, I think we'd be in a solid position.

Yep, another bloke who we KNOW is pretty good. Not De Gea good, but 100% definitely better than both of ours.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #20: Dec 12, 2016 03:47:41 pm
      He's not that great.

No better than what we have.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #21: Dec 12, 2016 03:54:14 pm
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #22: Dec 12, 2016 04:20:17 pm
      City would never sell him to a title competitor.

No point in even thinking if we should go for him because he wouldn't be allowed to come to us.

Quick Reply