Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Joe Hart - should Liverpool go for him?

Read 18559 times
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Re: Joe Hart - should Liverpool go for him?
      Reply #23: Dec 12, 2016 04:26:56 pm
      Think it was more that Pep wanted his man, and his man has so far made plenty of mistakes himself.
      Ter Stagen was Peps man, unfortunatley for City Barcalona weren't willing to let one of the most perfect fits for their style leave the club before he had a chance to blossom so offered Bravo at a reduced price, which in Peps eyes was a better fit for his style than Hart (who In my opinion is still very good with his feet for a big English Keeper.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #24: Dec 12, 2016 04:48:21 pm
      How come the media aren't all over Claudio Bravo? Why just the focus on our Karius?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #25: Dec 12, 2016 04:52:42 pm
      No - he's marginally better than what we have on current form, I've faith that Karius will improve and if he doesn't by January then we need to be looking for better than Joe Hart. He is almost as slow in possession as Mignolet, he makes stupid mistakes and has terrible command of his box.

His shot stopping is way above Mignolet's standard though and if we had absolutely no other option then and we were indeed that desperate then and only then would he be an option but honestly we all know it simply wont happen unless we're already not a threat to City, so let's hope that doesn't come to it.

Personally, I think we should try and sign Asmir Begovic.

Seemed like it was a choice between him and Mignolet way back when, I think neither are anywhere good enough for the standard we need and perhaps it points towards our goal keeping scouts too.

Of course the very best keepers come with the highest price tags and would demand CL footy, neither of which we're likely to offer so we're a little stuck when it comes to realistic options but if Karius fails then we should look to change that because it is such a vital area of the pitch and it has been far too long since we could be confident in our #1.
      Kopite78
      Reply #26: Dec 12, 2016 04:55:23 pm
      How come the media aren't all over Claudio Bravo? Why just the focus on our Karius?

Because we are a bigger club than city

Forget their recent money brought success we are bigger, we get more traction, our fan Base is bigger and more vocal
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #27: Dec 12, 2016 05:14:01 pm
      Karius for the season. If we judged players just 4 months into their Liverpool careers then Firmino would be a goner. As would Lovren. And Hendo. And that's just from players in our current squad. Loris cannot sneeze without people getting on his back. Case in point? More fans obsessed with his silly goal kick against Sunderland than the three really good interventions he made to get our defence out of trouble in that game.

There is a severe lack of faith in Klopp's decision making on this one with more fans taken in by a media narrative led by the f**king Gormless Twins than trusting Jürgen's stance on this one. The sort of wankers who get their football news from 'The Lad Bible' and Paddy Power Twitter accounts.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #28: Dec 12, 2016 05:18:50 pm
      From what I've seen of Hart, I would quite like the idea.

I've not seen anything from Karius to have confidence in his ability now.. but still hoping that he and Mignolet could yet turn it around. Yes, I'm a foolish optimist on out of form LFC players.

Interesting how Managers always lie though isn't it? Klopp made statements about how happy he was with our keepers, and how there is no #1, but both keepers are competition for each other.

Then, as soon as Karius was able to play, Mignolet was dropped and not permitted any Premier League game time regardless of how bad Karius performs.  :roll: Pretty clear that as far as Klopp is concerned, Mignolet is nothing. That would be fair enough if the replacement Karius was doing any better.. but it seems rather unjustifiable right now!

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #29: Dec 12, 2016 05:26:07 pm
      Hell No
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #30: Dec 12, 2016 05:26:53 pm

I've not seen anything from Karius to have confidence in his ability now.. but still hoping that he and Mignolet could yet turn it around. Yes, I'm a foolish optimist on out of form LFC players.

Interesting how Managers always lie though isn't it? Klopp made statements about how happy he was with our keepers, and how there is no #1, but both keepers are competition for each other.

Then, as soon as Karius was able to play, Mignolet was dropped and not permitted any Premier League game time regardless of how bad Karius performs.  :roll: Pretty clear that as far as Klopp is concerned, Mignolet is nothing. That would be fair enough if the replacement Karius was doing any better.. but it seems rather unjustifiable right now!

He did exactly the same with Moreno. Would you prefer it if Klopp came out and said Karius is sh*te by the way, he's only there til we can buy a replacement!

Or, we could let him do his job as he sees fit. The euphoria when he came has not abated, for me anyway, so let's have a bit of trust in him and see what happens eh?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #31: Dec 12, 2016 05:27:28 pm

Your perspectives on Klopp are all wrong. Just yesterday you were complaining about him taking then players on a 'holiday' to Barcelona after the defeat to Bournemouth (as opposed to a training camp which it actually was).
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #32: Dec 12, 2016 05:39:06 pm
      Your perspectives on Klopp are all wrong.

Thanks Mr Right.

I should have asked you first. Cheers.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #33: Dec 12, 2016 05:51:22 pm
      Karius for the season. If we judged players just 4 months into their Liverpool careers then Firmino would be a goner. As would Lovren. And Hendo. And that's just from players in our current squad. Loris cannot sneeze without people getting on his back. Case in point? More fans obsessed with his silly goal kick against Sunderland than the three really good interventions he made to get our defence out of trouble in that game.

There is a severe lack of faith in Klopp's decision making on this one with more fans taken in by a media narrative led by the f**king Gormless Twins than trusting Jürgen's stance on this one. The sort of wankers who get their football news from 'The Lad Bible' and Paddy Power Twitter accounts.
      Not for me. I've made my own judgements by watching him this season. Between his distribution, lack of positional sense and couple of blunders that's lead to points dropped, he's got to give me something to pin my faith on. 

If Klopp backs him, I back him, but if he goes in for a more experienced keeper, I'll be all for that. I'm not saying Karius won't come good, I'm saying he's simply not ready right now. If that means Migs in goal for this season or until we buy some veteran keeper in January on the cheap, then so be it.

It's one thing to back a player and another to take him out of the spotlight so he can gather his wits again. Klopp did it with Migs, even dropped him for the Man Utd away game, so he could do it with Karius.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #34: Dec 12, 2016 06:01:04 pm
      Not for me. I've made my own judgements by watching him this season. Between his distribution, lack of positional sense and couple of blunders that's lead to points dropped, he's got to give me something to pin my faith on. 

If Klopp backs him, I back him, but if he goes in for a more experienced keeper, I'll be all for that. I'm not saying Karius won't come good, I'm saying he's simply not ready right now. If that means Migs in goal for this season or until we buy some veteran keeper in January on the cheap, then so be it.

It's one thing to back a player and another to take him out of the spotlight so he can gather his wits again. Klopp did it with Migs, even dropped him for the Man Utd away game, so he could do it with Karius.

You don't rate his distribution?

I think it's been pretty good, all things considered, and his throws/kicks are streets ahead of Mignolet.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #35: Dec 12, 2016 06:12:55 pm
      Yeah, I would. 100%. Not gonna happen though IMO.
      Kopite78
      Reply #36: Dec 12, 2016 06:16:12 pm
      You don't rate his distribution?

I think it's been pretty good, all things considered, and his throws/kicks are streets ahead of Mignolet.

It's not quite met expectation as yet

To be honest comparing kicking against Mignolet though is like a girl saying to her boyfriend

I know we didn't want to get pregnant but we didnt have any condoms and I thought that hair cover from the colouring kit would do the job

Klopp will give Karius the chance and rightly so.. I hope he starts fully taking it soon
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: Dec 12, 2016 06:18:29 pm

Probably because our manager and Karius himself have decided to go toe to toe with the English media in a fight they can't win, even if Karius was a good keeper which he of course isn't. Who the F**k is in charge of media relations at the club, can they please put a gagging order on Karius and Klopp on this issue, its starting to get bloody embarrassing!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38: Dec 12, 2016 06:21:29 pm
      It's not quite met expectation as yet

To be honest comparing kicking against Mignolet though is like a girl saying to her boyfriend

I know we didn't want to get pregnant but we didnt have any condoms and I thought that hair cover from the colouring kit would do the job

Klopp will give Karius the chance and rightly so.. I hope he starts fully taking it soon

How many chances would you give Karius, would you sacrifice the season just to see if he comes good?
      Kopite78
      Reply #39: Dec 12, 2016 06:27:00 pm
      Probably because our manager and Karius himself have decided to go toe to toe with the English media in a fight they can't win, even if Karius was a good keeper which he of course isn't. Who the f**k is in charge of media relations at the club, can they please put a gagging order on Karius and Klopp on this issue, its starting to get bloody embarrassing!

It's not embarrassing, we've always had a siege mentality at this club... F**k the press,  f**k the Nevilles and the rest of the mancs

How many chances would you give Karius, would you sacrifice the season just to see if he comes good?

I'll let Klopp decide.. I trust him
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #40: Dec 12, 2016 06:27:08 pm
      Think it's obvious Klopp values Karius so nothing's going to change. If it were me I'd definitely see about upgrading if there was anyone available,  but will there be? And no I don't want Hart.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #41: Dec 12, 2016 06:28:39 pm

This just isn't true on the whole is it?

I want us to win the league, me.

Getting in goalkeepers that need loads of time and all that is not what I want or what the club needs to do that. Why not just a get a f**king goalie in that can do, now, what Karius may or may not be able to do in 6 months/a year/18 months/2 years.

Yes, there are people who go about  their criticism the wrong way but let's not generalise on this, ay?

Because it's bollocks, mate.

I haven't gone off one because of Twitter or Lad Bible or anything besides what I see with my own two eyes. Do people think that Liverpool supporters actually want to be moaning about a keeper that is struggling to do goalkeeping basics? Really?

Heard John Gibbons saying on yesterday's Pink that when they spoke to Carragher a few weeks ago he spoke off air about what he wanted in a GK. He said that he didn't expect one that done worldy save after worldy save. Just one that saved the shots that he was meant  to save.

The bread and butter.

People need to look at what has happened in the past two games. He has cost us points. You look at all six conceded in those two games and tell me, and honestly now, that only two of them being saved by him are getting you saying that it was a good save. And one of them is a pen. The others aren't memorable saves as you'd be saying things like: "got down well there but I'd expect my goalie to be saving them."

People are going off on one as this is something that can ruin this season.

It really, single handedly can. That's the seriousness of it. We've played sh*te in both games but those out field lads have found a way to get our noses in front twice. And then there is a GK letting in shots that shouldn't be getting past him which knocks the wind out of the sails of the whole side. It really does. Goalkeeper's life I hear from the sympathisers but that's what he is meant to be. A goalkeeper. He made that bed many years ago.

People, like me, are shouting about this as we don't want another Mignolet type season.

Something has to give but it's a hard one as dropping him could ruin him but keeping him in could, also.

For me, the best solution is getting a new GK coach in as I've just said in another thread. It takes the emphasis right off both Karius and Mignolet and freshens it all up for them both. It has to be the best solution as every goalkeeper that has been here under him has either regressed or failed to improve even slightly.

I'm not writing Karius off at all but right now something has to change with our goalkeeping situation and I'd love nothing more than it starting with whoever is in goal on Wednesday having a solid game to get the confidence going. I'm sure it will be Loris who is in goal but fear any improvement will be temporary and despite our goalkeeping coach until he falls on his sword.
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2016 06:44:12 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #42: Dec 12, 2016 06:30:03 pm
      Probably because our manager and Karius himself have decided to go toe to toe with the English media in a fight they can't win, even if Karius was a good keeper which he of course isn't. Who the f**k is in charge of media relations at the club, can they please put a gagging order on Karius and Klopp on this issue, its starting to get bloody embarrassing!

Klopp is sticking up for Karius and backing of our own unlike the so called fans here!!!

Im not having F***ing Ratboy and his slimy brother slag off one of our players. Do you think they would stick the boot in to the same extent on a Utd player? Those fuckers are loving it because its a Liverpool FC player.

And Carra can do one as well.....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #43: Dec 12, 2016 06:32:37 pm
      If I'm completely objective....in the games I've watched Karius play in, I'd never think he was a top, highly sought after keeper (which is what I'd hoped we'd get).

I'm not smart enough to know though whether that's down to his skill or the guy that's coaching him up. I just know that no matter how it happens, we need better play from whatever meathead we put between the sticks.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #44: Dec 12, 2016 06:49:29 pm
      I don't rate Hart but he is better than what we have AT THE MOMENT. However he's also 7 years older than Karius so he should be better. As frustrated as I am by Karius to give up on him 10 league games into his career here is shocking and no player would ever develop if that's the time they were given. Bruce was also a bit shaky at the start too and he's in our top 3 goalkeepers ever.

Kneejerkers who appear to know f**k all about the game and only appear to have a moan.
      F**k 'em.

Have a word with yourself mate. This line of thinking is problematic. I agree that people are being a bit trigger-happy with Karius but to say people "appear to know F**k all about the game" just because they have a differing opinion is wrong. All opinions are equal... some are just more equal than others.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #45: Dec 12, 2016 06:51:14 pm
      Not sure that Harts the answer. He was pretty poor in an England shirt recently. He always seems to get caught out going down to his left. Not sure if thats a weakness or just coincidence.
      He may be a slight improvement but there is better about, just a matter of who's available. Migs isn't good enough, and how long do you give Karius, and how costly might it prove to be ?  ??? 2 games, - 4 points ! And thats the minimum.

Quick Reply