Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Joe Hart - should Liverpool go for him?

Read 18579 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Joe Hart - should Liverpool go for him?
      Reply #46: Dec 12, 2016 06:53:35 pm
      This just isn't true on the whole is it?

I want us to win the league, me.

Getting in goalkeepers that need loads of time and all that is not what I want or what the club needs to do that. Why not just a get a f**king goalie in that can do, now, what Karius may or may not be able to do in 6 months/a year/18 months/2 years.

Yes, there are people who go about  their criticism the wrong way but let's not generalise on this, ay?

Because it's bollocks, mate.

I haven't gone off one because of Twitter or Lad Bible or anything besides what I see with my own two eyes. Do people think that Liverpool supporters actually want to be moaning about a keeper that is struggling to do goalkeeping basics? Really?

Heard John Gibbons saying on yesterday's Pink that when they spoke to Carragher a few weeks ago he spoke off air about what he wanted in a GK. He said that he didn't expect one that done worldy save after worldy save. Just one that saved the shots that he was meant  to save.

The bread and butter.

People need to look at what has happened in the past two games. He has cost us points. You look at all six conceded in those two games and tell me, and honestly now, that only two of them being saved by him are getting you saying that it was a good save. And one of them is a pen. The others aren't memorable saves as you'd be saying things like: "got down well there but I'd expect my goalie to be saving them."

People are going off on one as this is something that can ruin this season.

It really, single handedly can. That's the seriousness of it. We've played sh*te in both games but those out field lads have found a way to get our noses in front twice. And then there is a GK letting in shots that shouldn't be getting past him which knocks the wind out of the sails of the whole side. It really does. Goalkeeper's life I hear from the sympathisers but that's what he is meant to be. A goalkeeper. He made that bed many years ago.

People, like me, are shouting about this as we don't want another Mignolet type season.

Something has to give but it's a hard one as dropping him could ruin him but keeping him in could, also.

For me, the best solution is getting a new GK coach in as I've just said in another thread. It takes the emphasis right off both Karius and Mignolet and freshens it all up for them both. It has to be the best solution as every goalkeeper that has been here under him has either regressed or failed to improve even slightly.

I'm not writing Karius off at all but right now something has to change with our goalkeeping situation and I'd love nothing more than it starting with whoever is in goal on Wednesday having a solid game to get the confidence going. I'm sure it will be Loris who is in goal but fear any improvement will be temporary and despite our goalkeeping coach until he falls on his sword.

This all day long. The superfans can bang their drums as loud as they want, if the fella doesn't save shots he ain't much good to us.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #47: Dec 12, 2016 06:54:24 pm
      The lads been in the league for two minutes and everyone's slagging the him off left right and centre. Personally I'll leave that sh*t to those that like to gnaw away at any LFC bone until it become's too distasteful or it's turned to dust

If you think that a goalkeeper failing to do the basics when we've endured years of sh*te goalkeepers is not something that can be moaned about on an LFC forum then you're probably in the wrong place. I get that you may not want to talk about it but don't be having a go at others for doing so. It's a very debatable situation and I'm certainly not gnawing at any bones.

I'll say it again, I just want us to win the league and there's a pretty high chance that if our goalkeeping situation doesn't improve quick that it will not happen.

Not sure how talking about this on a forum makes anybody a lesser fan.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #48: Dec 12, 2016 06:55:04 pm
      Have a word with yourself mate. This line of thinking is problematic. I agree that people are being a bit trigger-happy with Karius but to say people "appear to know F**k all about the game" just because they have a differing opinion is wrong. All opinions are equal... some are just more equal than others.

Nah mate, you F***ing have a word with yourself.

This isn't about opinions, this is yet another F***ing witch hunt against a Liverpool player, by the same people who never bother to post unless we're losing or there's something to F***ing moan about whether real or imagined.

The amount of utter sh*t I read on here, regurgitated from Sly Sports or some fuckwit written article tells me that there's more than a few that get their opinions from the media, and therefore know F**k all about the game if they can't see the basics for themselves.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #49: Dec 12, 2016 07:08:49 pm
      This all day long. The superfans can bang their drums as loud as they want, if the fella doesn't save shots he ain't much good to us.

Your beloved Future Captain was given plenty of chances when he was regularly screwing up!

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #50: Dec 12, 2016 07:09:00 pm

And then there is a GK letting in shots that shouldn't be getting past him which knocks the wind out of the sails of the whole side.

Just picked this one line from 'what a hit son's recent post.
      At any level, when you get ahead, then the keeper fluffs his lines, the enthusiasm drains from you. If you concede a cracking goal, you can identify with that and battle on, but when its clearly avoidable, you do get think ' what the F**k am I running my bollocks off for ?'
      due to the high energy we currently play at, it must be torturous to have to keep lifting yourself to go again. We should be able force teams to open up the play so we can counter once we're ahead, not let them equalise, then go ahead  and have to start all over again, against a team looking beaten, who have now got their heads up again.
      West Ham have been sh*te, so have Bournemouth, so have Saints.  We dropped 7 out of 9 points against relegation battlers F.F.S.
      Champions ? not this season, not on this form. A decent Keeper not only does his job, he stabilises the back 4. Ours don't thats for sure.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #51: Dec 12, 2016 07:14:53 pm
      Nah mate, you f**king have a word with yourself.

This isn't about opinions, this is yet another f**king witch hunt against a Liverpool player, by the same people who never bother to post unless we're losing or there's something to f**king moan about whether real or imagined.

The amount of utter sh*t I read on here, regurgitated from Sly Sports or some fuckwit written article tells me that there's more than a few that get their opinions from the media, and therefore know f**k all about the game if they can't see the basics for themselves.

Who's doing that?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #52: Dec 12, 2016 07:39:52 pm

Nobody is, but any mention of criticism on this forum gets F***ing jumped on in the most aggressive manner possible.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #53: Dec 12, 2016 07:44:06 pm
      Your beloved Future Captain was given plenty of chances when he was regularly screwing up!

Fizackerly, and that's why I too would stick with Karius!!! We're getting into one of those situations which occur from time to time around here where people don't actually read what you post, they just assume they know what it'll be. I'd stick with him for the time being as there's a chance he might get better, whereas with Migs we categorically know that he's bang average. That doesn't mean I'm going to pretend he's playing well though, because he ain't!! 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #54: Dec 12, 2016 07:44:28 pm
      Nobody is, but any mention of criticism on this forum gets f**king jumped on in the most aggressive manner possible.

Oi! Stop criticising the criticism of the F***ing criticism you F***ing double criticiser!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #55: Dec 12, 2016 07:47:00 pm
      Oi! Stop criticising the criticism of the f**king criticism you f**king double criticiser!

I'm too hungover to try wrap my head around this sh*t :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #56: Dec 12, 2016 07:48:06 pm
      Fizackerly, and that's why I too would stick with Karius!!! We're getting into one of those situations which occur from time to time around here where people don't actually read what you post, they just assume they know what it'll be. I'd stick with him for the time being as there's a chance he might get better, whereas with Migs we categorically know that he's bang average. That doesn't mean I'm going to pretend he's playing well though, because he ain't!! 

Apologies Mick I must have mis read your post.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #57: Dec 12, 2016 07:49:45 pm

The usual crowd.
      The ones that you never hear from unless we lose or get a bad result.
      The ones who call our players cu*ts, wankers, useless etc.

It's there in the match thread, and it's there in the player thread.

Opinions are great, but opinions dressed up as facts are bollocks.

We've got a young bloke, playing his first few games for us in a new league, in a new country, with new teammates, and some are ready to write the lad off after barely a dozen games.

'Keeper is the most visible position, and the fact is that all 'keepers make mistakes, make bad judgement calls and make errors and because of how visible they are, mistakes etc get highlighted much more than a misplaced pass from an outfield player.

He may, or may not be the answer, but anyone who pretends to know after so few games is talking out of their arse.

Time, and only that, will tell us, not some kneejerking F**k knuckle who got his opinion from a Neville brother.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #58: Dec 12, 2016 07:51:19 pm
      We're getting into one of those situations which occur from time to time around here where people don't actually read what you post, they just assume they know what it'll be.

This is happening a lot I reckon. There are people saying that anyone who is criticising the goalie situation are getting their material from Sky now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #59: Dec 12, 2016 07:55:06 pm
      This is happening a lot I reckon. There are people saying that anyone who is criticising the goalie situation are getting their material from Sky now.

I think your being naive if you don't believe a lot of people don't get their "facts" from Sky.

Only bit of analysis, tactics etc a lot read about is on MNF................hardl y the Bielsa school of football.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #60: Dec 12, 2016 07:55:25 pm
      Nah mate, you f**king have a word with yourself.

This isn't about opinions, this is yet another f**king witch hunt against a Liverpool player, by the same people who never bother to post unless we're losing or there's something to f**king moan about whether real or imagined.

The amount of utter sh*t I read on here, regurgitated from Sly Sports or some fuckwit written article tells me that there's more than a few that get their opinions from the media, and therefore know f**k all about the game if they can't see the basics for themselves.

So tell us how great a keeper Karius actually is, because we must all be missing his brilliance some how. Personally I tend to rate a goalkeeper on shot stopping, command of his box and distribution and in those 3 areas I am not seeing much difference between Mignolet and Karius at the moment except that Mignolet is slightly better shot stopper and perhaps slightly worse distribution. Given the choice I'd go with the shot stopper.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #61: Dec 12, 2016 07:56:12 pm

Not people; Me, and nor did I say anyone who criticises either, so stop with the lies.

If you're going to have a dig, have the balls not to make it a sly one.

If I'd meant you, I would have said so.
      As it happens, I found your assessment pretty fair based on what you've seen so far, and unless I missed it, you aren't ready to write him off, and are prepared to wait and see.

The fact that we have a thread asking if we should buy Joe F***ing Hart, the perennial F**k up merchant, and shampoo aficionado speaks volumes.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #62: Dec 12, 2016 07:57:35 pm
      The usual crowd.
      The ones that you never hear from unless we lose or get a bad result.
      The ones who call our players cu*ts, wankers, useless etc.

It's there in the match thread, and it's there in the player thread.

Opinions are great, but opinions dressed up as facts are bollocks.

We've got a young bloke, playing his first few games for us in a new league, in a new country, with new teammates, and some are ready to write the lad off after barely a dozen games.

'Keeper is the most visible position, and the fact is that all 'keepers make mistakes, make bad judgement calls and make errors and because of how visible they are, mistakes etc get highlighted much more than a misplaced pass from an outfield player.

He may, or may not be the answer, but anyone who pretends to know after so few games is talking out of their arse.

Time, and only that, will tell us, not some kneejerking f**k knuckle who got his opinion from a Neville brother.

Sorry but can you actually tell us who these posters are, I genuinely can't think of any. Oh dear perhaps that means I'm one of them, despite the fact that I post plenty after a win and during games etc.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #63: Dec 12, 2016 07:58:23 pm
      So tell us how great a keeper Karius actually is, because we must all be missing his brilliance some how. Personally I tend to rate a goalkeeper on shot stopping, command of his box and distribution and in those 3 areas I am not seeing much difference between Mignolet and Karius at the moment except that Mignolet is slightly better shot stopper and perhaps slightly worse distribution. Given the choice I'd go with the shot stopper.

At the moment they are both about par but Karius lets us play the way Klopp wants so let's give him a chance and I'm sure he will get over this period.
      Most players have a sticky patch esp young inexperienced ones and that's why WE stick by them.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #64: Dec 12, 2016 07:59:27 pm
      Sorry but can you actually tell us who these posters are, I genuinely can't think of any. Oh dear perhaps that means I'm one of them, despite the fact that I post plenty after a win and during games etc.

As a so called "fan" you are an absolute embarrassment, who does little except whine and whinge about our players, so I have no desire whatsoever to interact with you.

I trust that clears things up for you.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #65: Dec 12, 2016 08:01:02 pm
      At the moment they are both about par but Karius lets us play the way Klopp wants so let's give him a chance and I'm sure he will get over this period.
      Most players have a sticky patch esp young inexperienced ones and that's why WE stick by them.

I'd only really make that judgement when Karius has at least 1 full season under his belt. (Regarding who is the better 'keeper)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #66: Dec 12, 2016 08:04:18 pm
      I'd only really make that judgement when Karius has at least 1 full season under his belt. (Regarding who is the better 'keeper)

Spot on.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #67: Dec 12, 2016 08:06:11 pm
      I've purposefully not read any player threads for the last 2 weeks as I knew exactly how they'd read, how silly of me to think this one would be about Joe Hart  :mad:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #68: Dec 12, 2016 08:06:19 pm
      Not people; Me, and nor did I say anyone who criticises either, so stop with the lies.

If you're going to have a dig, have the balls not to make it a sly one.

If I'd meant you, I would have said so.
      As it happens, I found your assessment pretty fair based on what you've seen so far, and unless I missed it, you aren't ready to write him off, and are prepared to wait and see.

The fact that we have a thread asking if we should buy Joe f**king Hart, the perennial f**k up merchant, and shampoo aficionado speaks volumes.

No, people. Not just you. There are people on other forums and social media besides you.

Most cantankerous person I've never met. Get over yourself.

Quick Reply