Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Firmino facing drink-driving charge

Read 12474 times
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Re: Firmino facing drink-driving charge
      Reply #115: Dec 29, 2016 08:19:37 am
      Only if he commits a foul in the penalty area and we don't have a biased ref.And he hasn't been on the ouzo.
      In case he has been on this stuff his urine sample will be giving off a telltale aniseed scent!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #116: Dec 29, 2016 08:24:47 am
      In case he has been on this stuff his urine sample will be giving off aniseed scent!

I am fully aware of the effects ouzo has on you having first sampled it in the John Bull Bar in Piraeus  many years ago.apologies if I have spelt Piraeus wrong.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #117: Dec 29, 2016 08:27:41 am
      I am fully aware of the effects ouzo has on you having first sampled it in the John Bull Bar in Piraeus  many years ago.apologies if I have spelt Piraeus wrong.
      It is correct.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #118: Dec 29, 2016 08:38:13 am
      Since you hang off every word I post you can go and tell him.

Got yourself a stalker ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #119: Dec 29, 2016 08:40:21 am

F***ing 'bout time :D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #120: Dec 29, 2016 09:21:07 am

Here comes the little yap, on cue...

How's Mehdi?  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #121: Dec 29, 2016 09:30:58 am
      Doesn't matter if your are 1 or 10 units over.
      The fact is that if you drink and drive you are an idiot.
      In the day and age of taxi or uber there really is no excuse
      If you can't afford to get driven or if you can, the point remains, you don't drink and drive.
      Not a hard thing to understand.

Maybe he had a glass of wine with lunch believing he was staying within the confines of the law and it was a honest mistake on the size of the glass?

We don't know the details.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #122: Dec 29, 2016 09:43:47 am
      Sakho made a mistake with his pills, he seems to have been judged differently....?

From all accounts it was more than one, Sakho 'has' been treat harshly imo & it could have been handled better, but to me its Klopp stamping down his Authority for a number of indiscretions rather than the pills, had Sakho been the model professional during pre-season, I very much doubt we'd be comparing situations.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #123: Dec 29, 2016 10:46:43 am
      WTF has how much he earns a week got to do with things? Is it OK to DD if you're on minimum wage? Look, he's been silly, got caught and the courts will deal with him. Seriously people ought to calm down, ridiculous over reaction in my view.

Gents - both spot on.

Honestly don't see any correlation between this and Sakho's situation.

Bobby has made an error of judegement in his personal life and will be dealt with by the law. There's no excuse for drink driving - and I say that as an old fella who hasn't always followed the just above zero limits we have up here now. In the distant past I've driven after a pint or two and the truth is it's stupid and selfish. We have laws for a reason and the club has rules for a reason - these will both be enforced as appropriate. That's right and proper. 

He isn't the first and won't be the last. On a human level I hope he learns his lesson and realises that what he did was not acceptable.

On a moral level - there's no comparison with what Sakho did. Bobby was reckless and Sakho was just downright f***in' dumb. Bobby's rap sheet however is blemishless (to date) and by all accounts he's a stupendously hard worker on the training ground (we can all see that on the pitch).

Where (in my opinion) the big distinction comes (for a professional football club) is that Sakho put a substance into his body that hadn't been ok'd by the medical team. Moreover he did it for his own vanity OR because he hadn't been "living the life" of a professional athlete.........why else use a f#ckin' fat burner? He then compounds that lack of professionalism by ponying up late for the US tour and then constantly dicking about........that's a litany of offences and that why he's ball deep in sh*t.......not one transgression.

Let the law take it's course then let the club deal with it internally then let them announce (if appropriate) what action they're taking.

Changed times re drink driving. Remember Kenny practically (possibly actually!) chaffeuring Jan Molby from prison for drink driving.......and I don't recall anybody questioning Kenny's moral fibre........?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #124: Dec 29, 2016 02:51:39 pm
      Reading this thread reminds me what a wonderfully, glorious and Divine thing forgiveness is.

I say this from the perspective of one who has been forgiven...much.

Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #125: Dec 29, 2016 03:58:02 pm
      Those who think the Club should have made a statement, seem to have forgotten one basic thing, in this country you are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law. It's my understanding that he is due in court on January 31st. The club will not release any statement until the court case has concluded and a decision has been given, quite rightly too.
      Mistakes have been known to happen in regard to breathalysers, so perhaps we should halt the public hanging until we know all the facts!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #126: Dec 29, 2016 11:37:42 pm
      I assume the club are waiting for the court case to be concluded before dealing with this matter. As it should be. How it's dealt with, should reflect the scale of what the court hands down.

He doesn't have any excuse. It's not good enough to say that nobody was hurt, there are laws that apply to the offence for good reason. It's a bit tricky though to suggest he do community service, given that he doesn't (or probably doesnt want to) speak English, but whether he understands the seriousness of what he did or not, the club has to be seen to make an example of him, but only after the courts have reached a judgement and applied the relevant action.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #127: Dec 30, 2016 05:46:17 pm
      I assume the club are waiting for the court case to be concluded before dealing with this matter. As it should be. How it's dealt with, should reflect the scale of what the court hands down.

He doesn't have any excuse. It's not good enough to say that nobody was hurt, there are laws that apply to the offence for good reason. It's a bit tricky though to suggest he do community service, given that he doesn't (or probably doesnt want to) speak English, but whether he understands the seriousness of what he did or not, the club has to be seen to make an example of him, but only after the courts have reached a judgement and applied the relevant action.

You assume the club will hold fire until a decision is made by the courts, which is fair enough and is as it should be.
      Why then do you also assume the club has to make an example of him?
      Had a look on the manc site and they have a thread devoted to Firmino being collared, to give some impression of not scapegoating it is titled 'Footballers who drink and drive' or some such anonymous title; the only person mentioned however is Firmino and they want him jailed and banned from driving and football!!

You too are advising a judgement concerned with him being well over the limit and in serious breach of the law, you think it right the club should not jump the gun so why do you?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #128: Dec 30, 2016 05:56:42 pm
      Those who think the Club should have made a statement, seem to have forgotten one basic thing, in this country you are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law. It's my understanding that he is due in court on January 31st. The club will not release any statement until the court case has concluded and a decision has been given, quite rightly too.
      Mistakes have been known to happen in regard to breathalysers, so perhaps we should halt the public hanging until we know all the facts!

Bravo a bit of sense .
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #129: Dec 30, 2016 06:32:35 pm
      You assume the club will hold fire until a decision is made by the courts, which is fair enough and is as it should be.
      Why then do you also assume the club has to make an example of him?
      Had a look on the manc site and they have a thread devoted to Firmino being collared, to give some impression of not scapegoating it is titled 'Footballers who drink and drive' or some such anonymous title; the only person mentioned however is Firmino and they want him jailed and banned from driving and football!!

You too are advising a judgement concerned with him being well over the limit and in serious breach of the law, you think it right the club should not jump the gun so why do you?

Of course they do, they're dumb as a bag of rocks. Why would he be jailed? 
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #130: Dec 30, 2016 07:25:15 pm
      Maybe he had a glass of wine with lunch believing he was staying within the confines of the law and it was a honest mistake on the size of the glass?

We don't know the details.

Doubtful.
      Merseyside Police have confirmed that the 25-year-old was arrested after his car was pulled over in Liverpool city centre in the early hours of December, 24.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #131: Dec 30, 2016 08:42:20 pm

Know what you're saying mate about 3 or 4 in the morning and getting pulled by the buzzes, different age groups will have been indulging in different activities; rampant young Latino footy players would hardly be getting wrecked with pisshead mates while the choice  of the fairer sex is as easy as it is.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #132: Dec 31, 2016 01:13:09 pm

Dunno its an inaccurate test, i know seasoned drinkers who've passed them after 4/5 pints, Firminho is a professional athlete at the peak of his fitness levels, with low body fat and probably rarely consumes alcohol.

No excuse, just saying its not the same for every individual.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #133: Dec 31, 2016 02:35:53 pm
      Dunno its an inaccurate test, i know seasoned drinkers who've passed them after 4/5 pints, Firminho is a professional athlete at the peak of his fitness levels, with low body fat and probably rarely consumes alcohol.

No excuse, just saying its not the same for every individual.

This will be blood alcohol level, IMO, to drive, it should be zero.

Whether you are Fatty McFat, or Skinny O'Skinny, you don't drink and drive.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #134: Dec 31, 2016 02:59:13 pm
      Whether you are Fatty McFat, or Skinny O'Skinny, you don't drink and drive.

Exactly, as much as people need to stop condemming him, people need to stop trying to make excuses for his actions. What he did was legally, and morally wrong. Let the law deal with it in its own way and move on.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #135: Dec 31, 2016 03:10:37 pm
      Exactly, as much as people need to stop condemming him, people need to stop trying to make excuses for his actions. What he did was legally, and morally wrong. Let the law deal with it in its own way and move on.

To be fare o haven't seen anyone making excuses for his actions as most have said the law will deal with him , it's the ones who want his arms and legs removed ,people are not agreeing with .

Quick Reply