Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Hillsborough campaigner turns down OBE in New Years Honours list

Read 9264 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Hillsborough campaigner turns down OBE in New Years Honours list
      Dec 30, 2016 01:07:13 pm
      Professor Phil Scratton has turned down an OBE in the Queen's New Year honours list saying he could not receive an honour in protest ''at those who remained unresponsive'' and refused to help families and victims affected by the disaster.

Prof. Scratton wrote the acclaimed book Hillsborough: The Truth and led the Hillsborough Independent Panel's research team which set in motion the legal process that did eventually expose the truth.

In a statement he said ''I researched Hillsborough from 1989 and published reports, articles and the first edition of Hillsborough: The Truth in 1990. Until 2009 and despite compelling evidence, successive governments refused to conduct a thorough independent review of the context, consequence and aftermath of the disaster''.

He went on ''I could not receive an honour on the recommendation of those who remained unresponsive to the determined efforts of bereaved families and survivors to secure truth and justice; I have received the Freedom of the City of Liverpool, the Political Studies Association's Campaigner of the Year award (alongside Margaret Aspinall, chair of the HFSG) and an Honorary Doctorate in Laws from the University of Liverpool''.
      ''I received these awards from my peers with gratitude and humility, I could not accept an honour tied in name to the 'British Empire'; In my scholarship and teaching I remain a strong opponent of the historical, cultural and political contexts of Imperialism and their international legacy''.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-campaigner-professor-phil-scraton-12383133

A monumental F**k off to the establishment who still strive to shield their involvement in the Hillsborough conspiracy.

Respect.
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2016 01:52:07 pm by stuey »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Hillsborough campaigner turns down OBE in New Years Honours list
      Reply #1: Feb 01, 2017 09:55:32 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Hillsborough campaigner turns down OBE in New Years Honours list
      Reply #2: Feb 02, 2017 09:18:41 am

As posted on another thread:
      Thatcher Mk1 instigated the cover up.
      Thatcher Mk2 still lies about Hillsborough.

Quick Reply