Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Plymouth Argyle (FA Cup 8th Jan 2017 1:30pm GMT)

Read 11254 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Plymouth Argyle (FA Cup 1:30pm GMT)
      Reply #46: Jan 06, 2017 07:04:42 pm
      Feel a bit bad for Sakho if he doesn't get a game in this though. This all started with false accusations of doping. He was cleared but never really got back into the squad. You can only imagine there was some very heated things said back stage. It can't be about the tweet, there is next to nothing in that! I seen way worse said. He missed his place in the Euro thanks to the false doping claims and lost his team. He should get compensation really.
      Not that I think it was a good idea to tweet that, but some serious stuff must have been said behind the scenes, because if it is just that tweet then the treatment of Sakho has been a bit unjust.

IN what way is the treatment of Sakho unjust, the moron failed a drugs test which contributed to us losing the Europa league final, he then goes on to insult Klopp and piss about whilst in pre season, and to cap it off send a very late night tweet insulting th eclub and management but oh yes poor Sakho, the entire management team of Liverpool are picking on him unfairly, give me strength. Just move on Sakho is history as soon as we can find some mug to buy him off us, we have far better CB's now and really don't miss him at all.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Plymouth Argyle (FA Cup 8th Jan 2017 1:30pm GMT)
      Reply #47: Jan 06, 2017 07:51:33 pm
      Heavy hints from Klopp Gomez will start, so Id reckon its Gomez & Lucas at the back. Senior CB's wont be risked (I think). Karius is a defo as well.

This is perhaps the team ?

------------ Karius --------------
      - TAA - Lucas(c) - Gomez - Moreno -
       ---- Ejaria -- Can --Stewart----
      ---Ojo -- Woodburn -- Firmino --

Yea, maybe. I really don't know. Could slot Gomez in at CB, but after such a long layoff, playing him beside Lucas (instead of Klavan or Lovren or Matip) might not work too well. Personally I wouldn't start quite as many non-first-XI guys, but given the games coming up, maybe he will feel he has no choice.

With all the money sloshing around the PL, the FA Cup seems to matter less each year - but it's a trophy, so starting so many backup players is risky.  I see Citeh have named a strong team for tonights match.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Plymouth Argyle (FA Cup 1:30pm GMT)
      Reply #48: Jan 06, 2017 08:21:41 pm
      IN what way is the treatment of Sakho unjust, the moron failed a drugs test which contributed to us losing the Europa league final, he then goes on to insult Klopp and piss about whilst in pre season, and to cap it off send a very late night tweet insulting th eclub and management but oh yes poor Sakho, the entire management team of Liverpool are picking on him unfairly, give me strength. Just move on Sakho is history as soon as we can find some mug to buy him off us, we have far better CB's now and really don't miss him at all.
      Sakho failed a drug test for taking a Dietary supplement that contained Higenamine but he was cleared by UEFA, maybe he didn't mean to take it. I agree Sakho is history but why emit him from the team? he will end up going for £2m to Stoke. If we are to get 10m for him we should be using him a bit.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #49: Jan 06, 2017 11:38:06 pm
      But if Coutinho doesn't get at least a shorty in the EPL game then I don't want him @ManU, because I don't think one is effective after such a long time without some prior game experience.

Matip is a different animal since he wasn't out that long.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2804 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #50: Jan 06, 2017 11:53:47 pm
      A lot of people picking ojo In their 11. Why when he hasn't even made the bench this season? Id love to see him but I doubt it.

As for the 11? Karius. AA lovern Klavan Moreno. Lucas Stewart lallana. Ejaria origi Woodburn
      EGS
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #51: Jan 07, 2017 12:59:36 am
      Hope to see Divock starting the next two games on top. He's improving every game, and I feel he just need some 90s to really 'let himself loose'. Really like the kid, but he's a bit static sometimes.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #52: Jan 07, 2017 10:42:55 am
      Hope to see Divock starting the next two games on top. He's improving every game, and I feel he just need some 90s to really 'let himself loose'. Really like the kid, but he's a bit static sometimes.

EGS  ?

First post .

What an interesting choice of name ...

Be watching your posts with interest .
      EGS
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #53: Jan 07, 2017 10:53:05 am
      EGS  ?

First post .

What an interesting choice of name ...

Be watching your posts with interest .

Hehe, just the first letter in all my names. Thank you xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #54: Jan 07, 2017 11:13:29 am
      Yea, maybe. I really don't know. Could slot Gomez in at CB, but after such a long layoff, playing him beside Lucas (instead of Klavan or Lovren or Matip) might not work too well. Personally I wouldn't start quite as many non-first-XI guys, but given the games coming up, maybe he will feel he has no choice.

With all the money sloshing around the PL, the FA Cup seems to matter less each year - but it's a trophy, so starting so many backup players is risky.  I see Citeh have named a strong team for tonights match.

We played a lot of u23s in the FA cup & league cup plenty past few seasons and they have done brilliantly. Its the way of things now, Our priority is defo top 4, and winning league if poss, were already in semi final of league cup, so we will priortize that as its a very good chance for a trophy.

It paid of for city, but they dont have a mid week game like us.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #55: Jan 07, 2017 11:17:59 am
      Feel a bit bad for Sakho if he doesn't get a game in this though. This all started with false accusations of doping. He was cleared but never really got back into the squad. You can only imagine there was some very heated things said back stage. It can't be about the tweet, there is next to nothing in that! I seen way worse said. He missed his place in the Euro thanks to the false doping claims and lost his team. He should get compensation really.
      Not that I think it was a good idea to tweet that, but some serious stuff must have been said behind the scenes, because if it is just that tweet then the treatment of Sakho has been a bit unjust.

No sympathy what so ever. He took the fat burners without telling LFC docs, he then got into trouble, and missed the final and the euros, thats plenty punishment for being stupid. But then to mess about on the tour, show disrespect to the manager etc. Klopp is the man, and he has decided hes not worth the hassle.

ps. hes not that good, every good game, can be countered with a shocker.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #56: Jan 07, 2017 01:31:33 pm
      Sakho failed a drug test for taking a Dietary supplement that contained Higenamine but he was cleared by UEFA, maybe he didn't mean to take it. I agree Sakho is history but why emit him from the team? he will end up going for £2m to Stoke. If we are to get 10m for him we should be using him a bit.

We'll get a lot more than 2m for him. Love for Sunderland cost them 2.5m & McNair cost them 5m :D

I don't feel bad for anything who was given multiple chances yet kept F***ing up. He brought it all on himself and players who take stuff like fat burners should always consult with the club doctor being taking them. Genuinely, do you have no clue about his antics behind the scenes? He hasn't been banished from the first team for taking fat burners. He was late for a flight out to California, he missed numerous team meetings, was late for training, fu**ed about whilst at training and then there's talking sh*t on Twitter when he should have been keeping his head down and his mouth shut. We don't need any distractions in the first team.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #57: Jan 07, 2017 02:07:12 pm
      Heavy hints from Klopp Gomez will start, so Id reckon its Gomez & Lucas at the back. Senior CB's wont be risked (I think). Karius is a defo as well.

This is perhaps the team ?

------------ Karius --------------
      - TAA - Lucas(c) - Gomez - Moreno -
       ---- Ejaria -- Can --Stewart----
      ---Ojo -- Woodburn -- Firmino --

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/01/gomez-start-woodburn-make-full-debut-predicting-liverpools-xi-vs-plymouth-argyle/

Same team as mine, but Origi starts over Firmino.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #58: Jan 07, 2017 05:58:26 pm
      Should be busy in town tonight Bitters end if season party  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #59: Jan 07, 2017 07:03:59 pm
      Hehe, just the first letter in all my names. Thank you xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Excellent .
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #60: Jan 07, 2017 07:04:26 pm
      Should be busy in town tonight Bitters end if season party  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Think I will go post in the Everton thread.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #61: Jan 07, 2017 07:18:50 pm
      A lot of people picking ojo In their 11. Why when he hasn't even made the bench this season? Id love to see him but I doubt it.

Hasn't he been with the U23s after his injury to get his match sharpness back? Think he was taken off early in their last game as well so there's a good chance he'll play.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #62: Jan 07, 2017 08:22:30 pm
      This should be a great game and a good chance for our kids to shine!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #63: Jan 07, 2017 09:05:46 pm
      Look forward to this one. Should be a great opportunity for the young ones to show their skills on the smooth Anfield turf.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #64: Jan 07, 2017 09:30:41 pm

No Bobby tomorrow then.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #65: Jan 07, 2017 09:51:47 pm

Shouldn't that be eggcellent
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #66: Jan 07, 2017 09:55:05 pm

I thought they had that party last August,if we are being realistic they should of.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #67: Jan 07, 2017 11:26:40 pm
      Missing going to this game due to having a bout of Flu, and I was offered two hospitality tickets in the new main stand as well, which I had to turn down  :( would have made a nice change rather than freezing on the Kop  ;)

Anyway, expect to see a load of young kids with maybe a couple of seasoned professionals thrown in just in case....we should certainly have enough in the tank to see us progress into the 4th round, but you can never ever take anything for granted in this game, and Jürgen will have spelt that out in capital letters, be interesting to see the team tomorrow and I wish all the lads a wonderful game and possibly a great opportunity for a few youngsters to make a name for themselves.

Good luck REDS, #weneedtokeepthemagicoftheFACup
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #68: Jan 07, 2017 11:38:32 pm
      Get better soon Cas xxx

Come on You Reds, let's just have a nice, easy passage to the next Round. Let's not make this more difficult then it has to be.

Quick Reply