Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Sunderland?

Simon Mignolet
      25 (29.4%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      6 (7.1%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      3 (3.5%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (2.4%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.2%)
      Emre Can
      5 (5.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      9 (10.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (4.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      28 (32.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (1.2%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: Jan 06, 2017 05:00:00 pm

Sunderland 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33514 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Sunderland 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Jan 04, 2017 09:51:45 pm
      Klopp has a degree in sports science and also has all the players data that neither you nor me have

I think it's rather obtuse for you to think he should learn from his 'mistakes'
      He has far more data and knowledge at his fingertips than us, just because we didn't win doesn't mean that if he had made 6 changes or whatever that we would have done. We were 6 minutes from doing so and had we done people wouldn't question aspects that they don't really understand

Its ok to have an opinion,  that you would have made changes but to suggest he made a mistake and he should learn from it?

Any who,  with you in charge we probably wouldn't be where we are in the league anyway and may well have lost  :-\

Getting a bit precious here over peoples' opinions eh.

Klopp said himself the situation was new to him, so he would have been able to learn something from this.

Even with all the sports science and fitness jazz, he gave the players the opportunity to 'opt out' of the Sunderland match.

Perhaps, next time he can take this situation by the scruff of the balls more and lead the team through this a bit differently.

I mean, asking players whether they wanted to give up their spot in the team. Not sure about that myself.

P.s Tottenham, knew you could do it! ;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #714: Jan 04, 2017 09:53:42 pm
      So our one point was a point gained😁
      Now watch chavs go in to free fall !

Hopefully 😃
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #715: Jan 04, 2017 09:55:51 pm
      Quote from 5timesacharm
      The real question that should be being asked about this game is not how Liverpool failed to win Sunderland but why Chelsea were allowed a four day break between matches to our less than two day break. We appealed and the FA tossed out the appeal.

It probably counted as a "frivolous appeal". The answer is straight forward. Sky wanted Chelsea on tv this week, and didn't want us. Appealing is a waste of time.

Especially as our result is now a point gained and a good result. Mass panic over.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #716: Jan 04, 2017 09:58:40 pm
      BTW: Why is this weekend no PL football, but only two weeks from now?

And just saying: Because Chelsea lost we basically tightened the race from 6pts behind to 5 pts behind.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #717: Jan 04, 2017 10:19:36 pm
      Fa Cup
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #718: Jan 04, 2017 10:23:51 pm
      Klopp has a degree in sports science and also has all the players data that neither you nor me have
      And that makes him immune from making mistake??...

I think it's rather obtuse for you to think he should learn from his 'mistakes'
      And you trying to make yourself sound more intelligent than you are is so gauche.

He has far more data and knowledge at his fingertips than us, just because we didn't win doesn't mean that if he had made 6 changes or whatever that we would have done. We were 6 minutes from doing so and had we done people wouldn't question aspects that they don't really understand

;D, do you believe that you knowledge of football matters are somehow superior... That someone like me somehow fails to see the nuances that you and football managers alone pick up?....PLEASE...
      Its ok to have an opinion,  that you would have made changes but to suggest he made a mistake and he should learn from it?

Any who,  with you in charge we probably wouldn't be where we are in the league anyway and may well have lost  :-\
      Maybe so but I would have rested players, started both Origi (Firmino),Sturrigde, Lucas(Can), Stewart, (Gini). and Moreno (Milner) City was a tough game and the players needed the rest... And i certainly would have warned them, No drummed it into them, that Sunderland were not to be taken lightly, They are after all a team that are fighting for their very premiership survival
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #719: Jan 04, 2017 10:25:34 pm
      It probably counted as a "frivolous appeal". The answer is straight forward. Sky wanted Chelsea on tv this week, and didn't want us. Appealing is a waste of time.

Especially as our result is now a point gained and a good result. Mass panic over.

Yup, disgrace. I've no issue with the TV having input into the fixtures but once they're released they should be set in stone and unable to be changed. It really does feel sometimes that we're fighting against the FA as much as who we're playing on the field.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #720: Jan 04, 2017 11:11:46 pm
      This was the problem;
      Our sub bench.

1Karius
      18Moreno
      21Lucas
      27Origi
      35Stewart
      53Ejaria
      66Alexander-Arnold

Bench looked good at the start of the season. Didn't take too many injuries to thin it out.

A weakness we have.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #721: Jan 04, 2017 11:13:36 pm
      Yup, disgrace. I've no issue with the TV having input into the fixtures but once they're released they should be set in stone and unable to be changed. It really does feel sometimes that we're fighting against the FA as much as who we're playing on the field.

They've taken the piss this Christmas. Spreading a round of games over 4 days etc. Should be 2 days at max and Boxing Day/New Years everyone should play.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #722: Jan 04, 2017 11:36:24 pm

Ah, thx. Is this cup important enough to play our best or like the other cup where basically everyone just plays its B-team?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #723: Jan 04, 2017 11:37:11 pm
      Ah, thx. Is this cup important enough to play our best or like the other cup where basically everyone just plays its B-team?

I think we could 'rest' a few with all due respect to our opponents.

We've got Plymouth at home.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #724: Jan 05, 2017 12:10:18 am
      They've taken the piss this Christmas. Spreading a round of games over 4 days etc. Should be 2 days at max and Boxing Day/New Years everyone should play.

Think I seen somewhere that next Chrimbo is even madder for fixture dates.

Edit- here. Possibly 6 games in 17 days:

Premier League festive fixtures 2017-18: Six games in 17 days next Christmas - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38497382

And that's before the telly gets it's grubby hands on it.

Quick Reply