Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre Match : Man Utd v Liverpool : Sunday Jan 15th : 4.00pm

Read 15460 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Pre Match : Man Utd v Liverpool : Sunday Jan 15th : 4.00pm
      Jan 12, 2017 04:09:06 pm
      Time to forget about the horror show against the Saints, this is no time to lose heart with one of or two biggest games of the season around the corner.

Hopefully some of the walking wounded are back in contention, mainly Matip and Henderson although there will be a question of exactly how match sharp they will be after the lay off.
      There again Henderson has only been off 12 days and we know what a machine he is, Im confident he will slot back in easily. I would hate to think the idea of Rashford and Co running at Lucas.

With Henderson back hopefully Can can warm the bench and think about his last few performances.

After yesterdays performance I doubt Sturridge will start and we will need the pace of Origi which in the absence of Mane was sorely missed.
      Get Firmino back central and hopefully Coutinho can give us at least 60mins.

No doubt about it we will need to be at our best to beat them as we dont have a great record at OT.

Still confident that we can come away with a win and finally put to bed there hopes of a Top 4 finish.

Migs
      Clyne
      Lovren
      Matip
      Milner

Hendo
      Gini
      Lallana

Origi
      Coutinho
      Firmino
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Re: Pre Match : Man Utd v Liverpool : Sunday Jan 15th : 4.00pm
      Reply #1: Jan 12, 2017 04:10:57 pm
      Just beat them. I don't care how, or who, just beat them.

Horrible inbred tw*ts!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #2: Jan 12, 2017 04:32:48 pm
      We are struggling - and not just since yesterday - and ManU has overcome its bad start of the season. For me a draw would be acceptable, just no loss please.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3: Jan 12, 2017 04:45:18 pm
      If we do not improve, if Klopp doesn't get right into some of his favourites, the sh*t will really hit the fan on this one.

Time for Firmino to take some responsibility in scoring his chances and choosing the right option. Don't care where he plays. Left, right or centre. We need goals from him.

Time for Can to figure out his role in this team. If he wants to be in and around the box he has to use the ball better. Quicker, more accurate and less selfishly.

Clyne will have to use the ball better rather than getting in promising positions  and failing time and time again to get anything worthwhile from it.

Klavan, I would call a big mistake and a missed opportunity to bring into the ranks another first choice player to play alongside Matip and to demote Lovren to the bench. The guy isn't at the level required, and at the stage hes at in his career it's not going to get much better. A bit of a scandal that signing, a real worry of mine is what the clubs transfer strategy is, because it can't have been made in line with seriously looking to make us winners (on the pitch anyway.)

Sorry cannot get on board with signing cut price 30 year olds when we have money to attract the best.

We can't use Milner so much in our attack either. He does a decent job but we're not going to score lots of goals directly from him.

I want a lot more from our attacking players. The pressing, the high intensity, the speed, the creativeness have all deserted us.

The way we play, we need goals. Surely if Sturridge is a fading force, we need to be looking at a proven goalscorer. A type of signing that would cement our position in the top 4 for years to come.

A player who will be a Torres, Owen or Suarez. Firmino will not fire us to a league title even if the forum get their wish of playing up front. Firmino is an option, not the solution. He's already proven to us his lack of versatility, i like his energy, but not his ability on the ball.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #4: Jan 12, 2017 04:46:18 pm
      Matip has only just returned to training, he won't be included in the team. Might make the bench at best.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #5: Jan 12, 2017 05:13:00 pm
      Just been watching some re runs of our old games , the Beardsley hat trick stands out , what I did notice was as good as we was and had some of our best players , we still made  defensive mistakes and our strikers still missed sitters including Rush  and Dalglish who actually missed an open goal from two yards out ,

Clemmence while being  world class still made mistakes , I just think the difference with then and now is everything is now magnified and scrutinised ten fold , the mistakes then were not magnified and trawled over on social media , we will make mistakes  I just think we all get a bit ate up in the moment sometimes ,
      Come Sunday our team will give it their best I'm sure but they will make mistakes like all those great teams before them , Come on you red men .
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #6: Jan 12, 2017 06:11:18 pm
      Just been watching some re runs of our old games , the Beardsley hat trick stands out , what I did notice was as good as we was and had some of our best players , we still made  defensive mistakes and our strikers still missed sitters including Rush  and Dalglish who actually missed an open goal from two yards out ,

Clemmence while being  world class still made mistakes , I just think the difference with then and now is everything is now magnified and scrutinised ten fold , the mistakes then were not magnified and trawled over on social media , we will make mistakes  I just think we all get a bit ate up in the moment sometimes ,
      Come Sunday our team will give it their best I'm sure but they will make mistakes like all those great teams before them , Come on you red men .

We were also winning trophies left, right and center. Harder to be critical when your trophy cabinet is full.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #7: Jan 12, 2017 06:18:09 pm
      We've got a good selection of buses in Liverpool.. single deckers,double deckers,mini buses....
      We could take a fleet up the East Lancs and park em up across Old Trafford?...
      Play them at their own game for a change...
      Just a thought like :f_tongueincheek:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #8: Jan 12, 2017 06:18:58 pm
      We were also winning trophies left, right and center. Harder to be critical when your trophy cabinet is full.

Is right mate but it was just a bit of perspective .
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #9: Jan 12, 2017 07:06:29 pm
      Truth be told if we looked at other squads and say they are struggling but hanging in there we would talk about that is the mettle of champions.

We have not looked great for 6 weeks or so now however we have taken 14 of our last 18 points in the league being 5 points shy of the lead while still being in a semi final in one cup and involved in another.

Points will be dropped, and rough patches hit for all clubs..but they also end and I have seen nothing from this club or the gaffer saying this bad streak wont end for us also.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #10: Jan 12, 2017 07:14:02 pm
      Is it worth trying again what Jürgen tried for the last 10mins at St. Mary's, and play a 3-4-1-2?

Firmino-Origi
      Coutinho
      Milner-Hendo-Lallana-Clyne
      Klavan-Matip-Lovren
      Mignolet

Subs- Karius, Lucas, Stewart, Can, Gini, Ojo, Sturridge
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #11: Jan 12, 2017 07:29:23 pm
      Can's had a spell on the bench this season already, and it doesn't seem to have done him any good whatsoever, putting in quite frankly the most destructive performances in a Liverpool shirt this season when he has appeared.

A spell in the reserves and some serious playing time there might do him wonders and help ease him back to form.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #12: Jan 12, 2017 07:46:54 pm

I would not mind those players in their prime playing for us today even if they did make the odd mistake.We cannot afford to drop points against manure,it has to be a win for us all the way.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #13: Jan 12, 2017 08:15:00 pm
      Time to forget about the horror show against the Saints, this is no time to lose heart with one of or two biggest games of the season around the corner.

Hopefully some of the walking wounded are back in contention, mainly Matip and Henderson although there will be a question of exactly how match sharp they will be after the lay off.
      There again Henderson has only been off 12 days and we know what a machine he is, Im confident he will slot back in easily. I would hate to think the idea of Rashford and Co running at Lucas.

With Henderson back hopefully Can can warm the bench and think about his last few performances.

After yesterdays performance I doubt Sturridge will start and we will need the pace of Origi which in the absence of Mane was sorely missed.
      Get Firmino back central and hopefully Coutinho can give us at least 60mins.

No doubt about it we will need to be at our best to beat them as we dont have a great record at OT.

Still confident that we can come away with a win and finally put to bed there hopes of a Top 4 finish.

Migs
      Clyne
      Lovren
      Matip
      Milner

Hendo
      Gini
      Lallana

Origi
      Coutinho
      Firmino

Are Matip and Hendo both fit?  Those two could be a huge boost!  If Coutinho is fit for 30 mins, then he should likewise be fit for 60 mins.  Completely agree with your team -- Studge to come on for Philippe around the 60 minute mark. 

A win would be great, but I'd take a point now if I could.... 

Think this one has the potential for a 0-0, and I won't be too upset about that result.  Just cannot afford defeat given how tight things are....
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Jan 12, 2017 08:18:30 pm
      Need to put last night behind us, make a few changes, and surely a massive game vs Manure will have everyone up for it.

Mignolet
      Clyne Lovren Matip Milner
              Hendo Gini
      Lallana Coutinho Firmino
               Sturridge

Lucas and Can surely played themselves out of contention, though in saying that not sure how close Hendo is. If Hendo doesn't make it, I'd put Can in, Lucas's legs have gone and reckon he'd be more exposed on the big pitch. Migs back in ahead of Karius.
      Matip comes back in too if ready, if not I'd have Klavan ahead of Gomez.
      Cou, Lallana and Firmino behind Studge.  Danny was pretty bad last night, but Utd will come at us more, and on the bigger surface Studge should get more space. He can do it in the big games, just feel (tho maybe heart more than head) than Studge has a clinical game in him.  Real shame Mane is not around, he would've been big plus.

If we play like we did vs Saints, we come away with nothing. Klopp will need to earn his bucks getting the lads right, picking the right side and making sure they go in with energy and confidence.

Don't think Utd are as good as they think, we can go there and win, if we play better than we have been.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #15: Jan 12, 2017 08:18:58 pm
      Not feeling confident going into this game tbh. I have a feeling it may pan out like the City match where we'll play more deeper and defensive than usual.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16: Jan 12, 2017 08:21:02 pm
      I have a feeling it may pan out like the City match

If it pans out like the city match then I will be feeling good!
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #17: Jan 12, 2017 08:39:39 pm
      Cant afford for anyone to go missing in this one need character and fight and my heart hopes we can pull it off . Win ugly win any fuxxing way I hate these arrogant wanxxrs with a passion
                                  MIGS
      CLYNE              LOVREN MATIP        MILNER

HENDO
              LALLANA                         WIGNALDUM

ORIGI                    FIRMINHO            COUTS

Dont want Wijnaldum in really but dont see any other option with what is available
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Jan 12, 2017 08:52:16 pm
      What's the weather forecast for the weekend over there?  Just been on the caf and they're saying some games could be postponed due to snow expected Friday to Sunday.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #19: Jan 12, 2017 08:52:35 pm
      We cannot go into this match half hearted. We need to meet fire with fire and show them right from the start we are not going to roll over and we mean business.

They've won 9 in a row so the biggest problem as I see it, is their moral and confidence is sky high.

Hopefully we can stick a pin in it all.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #20: Jan 12, 2017 08:53:23 pm
      What's the weather forecast for the weekend over there?  Just been on the caf and they're saying some games could be postponed due to snow expected Friday to Sunday.
      As far as getting fitter and match ready, I wouldn't mind if snow called our game off
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1214 
      Reply #21: Jan 12, 2017 09:03:23 pm
      We cannot go into this match half hearted. We need to meet fire with fire and show them right from the start we are not going to roll over and we mean business.

They've won 9 in a row so the biggest problem as I see it, is their moral and confidence is sky high.

Hopefully we can stick a pin in it all.

They have been playing very solidly for a while now, and our form has been a little hit and miss of late, so I see this as a tricky one and potentially crucial in determining whether we can stay with the front runners.

Nothing would be more satisfying than seeing us beat that smug, arrogant Portuguese tw*t and his expensively assembled team of tossers this Sunday. Absolutely everything must be given to the cause.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,973 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #22: Jan 12, 2017 09:08:11 pm

Expecting a good clean day with lots of raining goals in the Liverpool net  :D

Quick Reply