Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Pre Match : Man Utd v Liverpool : Sunday Jan 15th : 4.00pm

Read 15442 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Pre Match : Man Utd v Liverpool : Sunday Jan 15th : 4.00pm
      Reply #46: Jan 13, 2017 04:49:08 pm
      Seen as this is the actual pre-match thread Keef how do you see the match panning out?
      AND don't blurt on about how good you are, just about the game itself and the areas where it could be won or lost... or drawn for that matter.

No doubt were improving but still early days. Think the league is out of our reach even though we're the in form team at present. As we both know though,  form normally goes out of the window when these two mighty team warriors take the field. I think you guys will miss Mane more than we will Bailly.

For me Pogba is the key man in midfield. He holds the ball up better than anyone in the premiership. If he plays well I think we can just sneak it. Certainly think it will be tight. I was hoping to post in the match section on the day. However, been promised some tickets (( not arrived yet ))  so chances are won't be online so no where's Keef regardless of the result  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #47: Jan 13, 2017 05:11:02 pm
      It's my birthday tomorrow so the lads had better put in a performance in on Sunday to keep me cheery  ;D

No idea how this will go.  Knowing the moanyone it could be a real spoiler of a game ending either in a draw or a 1-0 fluke to either team or either could have a real go and be 2 or  3 up in the first half hour.

Whatever happens, it's neither the end of the world or the season.  There's still loads to play for and plenty of games to make up a shortfall.

Be fabulous if we absolutely battered them into next week, leaving them bruised, bloodied and in shock  ;D

Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,214 posts | 1000 
      Reply #48: Jan 13, 2017 05:48:22 pm
      It's my birthday tomorrow so the lads had better put in a performance in on Sunday to keep me cheery  ;D

No idea how this will go.  Knowing the moanyone it could be a real spoiler of a game ending either in a draw or a 1-0 fluke to either team or either could have a real go and be 2 or  3 up in the first half hour.

Whatever happens, it's neither the end of the world or the season.  There's still loads to play for and plenty of games to make up a shortfall.

Be fabulous if we absolutely battered them into next week, leaving them bruised, bloodied and in shock  ;D

Happy Birthday Debs, it's mine the week after yours, so let's hope the lads give us both an extra special present and stuff the Mancs!

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #49: Jan 13, 2017 06:07:53 pm
      Happy Birthday Debs, it's mine the week after yours, so let's hope the lads give us both an extra special present and stuff the Mancs!

Thanks Hun and same to you for next week.  Couldn't ask for a better pressy than a win on Sunday, for all of us.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #50: Jan 13, 2017 06:12:43 pm
      I'm trying to be positive but I can't see anything better than a draw at this stage.

I'd take a point now, wouldn't mind us parking a bus in all honesty.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,385 posts | 1455 
      Reply #51: Jan 13, 2017 06:26:28 pm

Many happy returns for tomorrow debs,and let's hope the reds bring home the bacon Sunday & give you a belated birthday present in the process.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #52: Jan 13, 2017 06:36:42 pm
      I'm trying to be positive but I can't see anything better than a draw at this stage.

I can see them parking the bus to be honest. I'm not confident about this match one iota, not after the way we've been playing the last month. We put far too much pressure on ourselves because of the Sunderland result.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #53: Jan 13, 2017 06:44:01 pm
      I don't think we are capable of parking the bus.
      I just don't think it's in Jurgens way of playing the game. Yes, defend when we need to but for a full game non stop against Man U, it's just not in our DNA.
      As he said, we are Liverpool and we will play to win.
      How we actually do that come Sunday only the chosen 11 will decide.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #54: Jan 13, 2017 06:48:50 pm
      Migs

Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Henderson
      Lallana
      Gini

Origi
      Firmino
      Coutinho

Should be our starting 11. Only thing would be changing is for Matip/Henderson fitness.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #55: Jan 13, 2017 07:23:49 pm
      I was hoping to post in the match section on the day. However, been promised some tickets (( not arrived yet ))  so chances are won't be online so no where's Keef regardless of the result  ;D

Ah well, if you do get in enjoy your Prawn Baguette. ;D

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2017 07:35:46 pm by 6stringer »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #56: Jan 13, 2017 07:29:28 pm
      Migs

Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Henderson
      Lallana
      Gini

Origi
      Firmino
      Coutinho

Should be our starting 11. Only thing would be changing is for Matip/Henderson fitness.

100% agree, I do not want to see Sturridge starting this match, but as an impact sub he could be very useful. Origi is the more natural replacement for Mane, plenty of running in that lad plus he has a hell of a shot on him as well. I still have a good feeling about the match but it will be one of those that I won't enjoy even if we are 2 up with 5 minutes to go.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 513 
      Reply #57: Jan 13, 2017 09:26:56 pm

I know what you are saying, but I don't think we could park a bus if we tried.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #58: Jan 13, 2017 11:19:58 pm
      A friend has a ticket for the game in their end. Just can't do it. Haven't been to a game 3 years as well.. I can't sit in silence around them bukkake breath mancs.. No chance.  I can't watch the game around him without jabbing his big mallet head anyway. 
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #59: Jan 14, 2017 01:25:08 am
      we wont win this unless we drop someone from that midfield and either drop Lallana back in there or start Coutinho there, someone who can create from deeper. I personally would toy with the idea of 4 4 2 only I don't think we have the peope to play wide in that set up

Assuming the boss wont change and Matip and Hendo don't make it

Migs

Clyne         Lovern               Klavan    Gomez

Gini           Lallana         Milner

Sturridge            Firmino        Coutinho

Yeah, I think Lallana needs dropping back into midfield too. With Can & Lucas in midfield we've looked pedestrian, big difference with a midfield of Henderson, Gini and Lallana - need to get back to that or as closest as possible.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #60: Jan 14, 2017 01:26:36 am
      we wont win this unless we drop someone from that midfield and either drop Lallana back in there or start Coutinho there, someone who can create from deeper. I personally would toy with the idea of 4 4 2 only I don't think we have the peope to play wide in that set up

Assuming the boss wont change and Matip and Hendo don't make it

Migs

Clyne         Lovern               Klavan    Gomez

Gini           Lallana         Milner

Sturridge            Firmino        Coutinho

Personally would keep Milner LB and give Gomez a chance at CB, Klavan has been making too many costly mistakes for my liking lately.
      Maybe be inclined to go Karius too, he done well against Saints, could be a springboard for his confidence and performances, especially if he built on that performance going into this game.

Rest I agree with though.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #61: Jan 14, 2017 08:44:26 am
      With Gomez coming back, it's an option to move Milner back up to midfield, but don't think he'd make a change like that in such a big game, Gomez having been out so long, and Milner having been at LB for ages too.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #62: Jan 14, 2017 08:58:22 am
      With Gomez coming back, it's an option to move Milner back up to midfield, but don't think he'd make a change like that in such a big game, Gomez having been out so long, and Milner having been at LB for ages too.

Our defence is fragile enough as it is, I don't see how we benefit from putting Gomez there (eliminating our threat from that side) and putting Milner into the middle where he can be taken advantage of massively.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #63: Jan 14, 2017 09:09:41 am
      Our defence is fragile enough as it is, I don't see how we benefit from putting Gomez there (eliminating our threat from that side) and putting Milner into the middle where he can be taken advantage of massively.

Milner has to stay at left back,i think it would be silly to move him out of a position were he has played so well this season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #64: Jan 14, 2017 09:26:31 am
      seems chavs will be without Costa for whatever reasons. Not the same side without him.
      Nows our chance to make inroads into their lead, so this game becomes a must win.
      Take our A game and we'll do these, but I'd settle for a draw right now 😕
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #65: Jan 14, 2017 10:04:29 am
      Balls to the wall stuff all round. Our midfield need to put the work in against this shower of sh*te - no passengers. Up the game and get stuck in 'til it hurts Redmen - first and second to every ball.
      Tadders

• 6,700 posts | 565 
      Reply #66: Jan 14, 2017 10:37:37 am
      I cannot bear losing to Man Utd, but Man Utd and Mourinho, F***ing hell come on lads put in a performance please.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #67: Jan 14, 2017 10:39:33 am
      I cannot bear losing to Man Utd, but Man Utd and Mourinho, f**king hell come on lads put in a performance please.

Second that.

I see Moaney-one is already at it, with himself.  :roll:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #68: Jan 14, 2017 11:40:57 am

Gomez can play there, don't think it would make us more fragile at the back personally, though might loose a little going forward. Milner is a winger/midfielder turned LB, and if I had a choice between having to depend on Lucas and Milner in the middle, I'd pick Milner. Not for the Utd game obviously ... but in medium term, if Can's form doesn't improve, and Hendo continues to struggle with injuries, moving Milner further up has to be an option with Joe coming back (who Klopp seems to rate highly).
      Needs must. Milner is only there because Moreno wasn't up to it. Things change and we might have to adapt (assuming we don't sign anyone in Jan)

Quick Reply