Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Plymouth v Liverpool FA Cup Replay Weds 18th 7:45KO

Read 7188 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Plymouth v Liverpool FA Cup Replay Weds 18th 7:45KO
      Reply #23: Jan 17, 2017 01:03:52 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #24: Jan 17, 2017 01:19:42 pm
      Grujic is not fit he will make bench at best.

Sturridge is a defo starter, Will be good to see him with Ojo & Woodburn either side of him.

MF probably, Senior lad & Ejaria & Stewart again.

Id be giving Matip a game in this one as well, F#k Fifa & Cameroon.

so...

---------- Karius ---------------
      TAA - Matip - Gomez - Moreno
      ---- Ejaria - Stewart - Can -
      ----- Ojo - Studge - Woodburn --

Strong Bench From

Mings, Milner, Klaven, Lovren, Coutinho, Lallana, Origi, Hendo, Grujic, Harry Wilson

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25: Jan 17, 2017 01:29:01 pm
      Don't care  what 11 starts once the midfield doesn't consist of these being 2 of the 3, Can, Gini or Lucas. Sick of looking at zero creativity from the centre.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #26: Jan 17, 2017 02:06:51 pm
      I'd start Coutinho and give him 60 minutes, then a full week off to get him 100% fit for the tie with Southampton.  I'd also start Studge -- him and Philippe should have enough quality to unlock Plymouth's defense and win us the game.  Matip also needs game time to get match fit as quickly as possible. 

Karius
      Arnold - Matip - Klavan - Moreno
      Lucas
      Ejaria  --  Wijnaldum
      Ojo - Studge - Coutinho

Go full bore from the first minute and try to put the game to bed by halftime.  Get Gini and Coutinho both off by the 60 minute mark for Grujic and Woodburn respectively.  That team has more than enough quality to turn over Plymouth and saves a very strong team (Migs, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Hendo, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Origi, and Firmino) for the Swansea match.  Also gets Coutinho fit and ready to help us to a cup final.  There should also be enough time after the semifinal to get the best 11 (bar Mane) fully fit and back together for the Chelsea game.  3 straight wins should help get our season firing on all cylinders again :)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: Jan 17, 2017 02:41:34 pm
      "I have no line-up but, in our situation, we had to keep a few players out of the game [against United] yesterday but obviously that didn't help, so apologies to the U23s! Again, my fault.

He's apologising to the under-23's for giving their players an opportunity :D Love this guy.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #28: Jan 17, 2017 03:13:48 pm
      Seems like their manager has got Utd spot on!

"We're going to sign (Manchester United's Marouane) Fellaini and hit it long," said the Argyle boss.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #29: Jan 17, 2017 03:27:47 pm
      "I have no line-up but, in our situation, we had to keep a few players out of the game [against United] yesterday but obviously that didn't help, so apologies to the U23s! Again, my fault.

He's apologising to the under-23's for giving their players an opportunity :D Love this guy.

It's what makes players want to work for him & give him that extra % ....
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #30: Jan 17, 2017 06:45:14 pm
      I would love to see Grujic but it's been so long since he'splayed, I wouldn't expect him in the squad without so much as a runout with the U23s. Someone mentioned hoping to not see our regular midfielders, but I think that is exactly where the changes will be from the first match. Wondering about a 4-4-2 with Coutinho and Lallana in midfield with 2 out of Hendo, Gini and Emre, then Sturridge and Firmino in front. If we can get some separation you might see Ojo, Woodburn, Ejaria or Wilson, but otherwise maybe not.

Gomez and TAA should start in the back with Moreno and Lucas, Klavan or Lovren.

I like to see the young players as well, but based on his comments today, it seems far fewer of them will be selected in the first XI. Maybe he'll try the kids again in the next round vs. Wolves, but we have to make it there first.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #31: Jan 17, 2017 08:14:55 pm
      Going for a narrow 2 1 victory, playing a weakened side. Always seem to have the knack of giving a silly goal away !!
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #32: Jan 17, 2017 08:35:25 pm
      For Swansea I'd go with:
      Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Hendo, Can, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge

So, working backwards,  for Plymouth would go with:
      Karius, TAA, Gomez, Lucas, Moreno, Stewart, Wijnaldum, Wilson, Ojo, Woodburn, Origi

Know Lucas might be injured, and Matip looks like might not play for wee while. And Grujic might be in line which would be great. We've an early match Saturday, with injuries and availability right now wouldn't risk injuries in a game away to shaggin Plymouth. We have a squad, this is what its for, use it.
      They have a chance to redeem themselves after a training game last time out. And well, after all ... it's PLYMOUTH ffs!!!! Just beat them.
      From all reports Sturridge is set to start tomorrow, which is a bit sh*te imo, as would be good chance to give him a run and have a decent look at him at home on Sat, and let Origi take the slack in this one.
      Could be doing without it, but for us it's another chance to watch the lads play, which is great :)
      Boletus Edulis
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts | 12 
      Reply #33: Jan 17, 2017 08:37:42 pm
      Evening all Plymouth fan here,

I just wanted to say how fantastic the experience at Anfield was.  The stewards were brilliant throughout, a real credit to the club. Giving my two boys a wristband in case they got lost with our mobile numbers was a nice touch.   Your fans were extremely welcoming and I hope we can be half as good tomorrow.

I suspect we have about a 1 in a hundred chance, but I'll take that, whatever the result we are winners.  If we make about a million, that is I believe about 20per cent of our annual revenue, so not to be sneezed at.

I assume Klopp will reverse things a bit, and have more big boys on the pitch at the start hoping to score a couple and then take them off.  I expect you to win quite easily, but our one chance is if it gets to half time as a draw anything can happen.

Unfortunately I'll have to watch it on BT (with the sound down for obvious reasons) as getting tickets has been problematic to say the least.

If any of you are coming down, enjoy yourself and have a pasty.  Plymouth is not really a brewing hothouse, but if you like your ale look out for Jail Ale from the Dartmoor brewery.

Enjoy.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #34: Jan 17, 2017 08:52:56 pm
      It'll be predominantly the kids plus seniors needing match fitness I'd say.

Sounds like Matip will play, Grujic possibly and also possibly Cou and Studge.  Be great to see a Matip/Gomez CB combo  ;D

Has  Matip been given clearance from FIFA then debs ?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #35: Jan 17, 2017 08:54:31 pm

I just wanted to say how fantastic the experience at Anfield was.  The stewards were brilliant throughout, a real credit to the club. Giving my two boys a wristband in case they got lost with our mobile numbers was a nice touch.   Your fans were extremely welcoming and I hope we can be half as good tomorrow.

I suspect we have about a 1 in a hundred chance, but I'll take that, whatever the result we are winners.  If we make about a million, that is I believe about 20per cent of our annual revenue, so not to be sneezed at.

I assume Klopp will reverse things a bit, and have more big boys on the pitch at the start hoping to score a couple and then take them off.  I expect you to win quite easily, but our one chance is if it gets to half time as a draw anything can happen.

Unfortunately I'll have to watch it on BT (with the sound down for obvious reasons) as getting tickets has been problematic to say the least.

If any of you are coming down, enjoy yourself and have a pasty.  Plymouth is not really a brewing hothouse, but if you like your ale look out for Jail Ale from the Dartmoor brewery.

Enjoy.

Have yourselves a ball and enjoy the experience and if it helps you financially, then all the better, us scousers are a friendly lot and I'm very glad you enjoyed the Anfield day  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Obviously I hope and think we will win tomorrow night, we can't afford to faff around like we did at home, we need to put the tie to bed by half time, so I'm hoping Jürgen will put a few more first teamers out from the start, get the job done and then take them off ready for Saturday.

Looking forward to the match, even though it's one we could have done without, but like I said, financially it's great stuff for Plymouth, good luck to both teams tomorrow night, but I have to go for a Reds win  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36: Jan 17, 2017 08:56:46 pm

Nope, there was talk a day or so ago that we were going to play him despite FIFA, however the manager quashed that in his latest presser.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #37: Jan 17, 2017 08:59:29 pm

No mate but there was talk he'd play to force things but it's not looking likely now as the latest is we should have an answer by Friday.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #38: Jan 17, 2017 09:03:46 pm

Enjoy.

Appreciate the kind words Boletus.
      You'll remember your visit to Anfield more than any other ground in the world for the rest of your life mate..

If you had the clubs purse strings what would you spend a mil on? Players? Pitch? Youth? Ground structure work?

Looking forward to the game..

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #39: Jan 17, 2017 09:09:31 pm

Enjoy.

Evening mate.

Glad you enjoyed your trip and have some great memories to treasure.  I'm sure you'll give us a good game again but hopefully we're too strong for you and manage to get the game won without extra time and penalties.

Enjoy it even though it's not at the ground  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Boletus Edulis
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts | 12 
      Reply #40: Jan 17, 2017 09:19:09 pm
      Appreciate the kind words Boletus.
      You'll remember your visit to Anfield more than any other ground in the world for the rest of your life mate..

If you had the clubs purse strings what would you spend a mil on? Players? Pitch? Youth? Ground structure work?

Looking forward to the game..
      Too many calls on the money for it to go on one thing.  We need to get out of league 2 so a bit of extra money to get a couple of league 1 players to get us out ( could you loan us someone!).  The training facilities are in the park next door, so anything that addressed that would be good but would cost way more than a million, we are proposing to finish our stadium and 5 million has been put up by a new investor so I suspect some will go to that, our professional infrastructure is poor (the ticketing farce is an example).  I suspect a bit will go on the current team, some put aside for next years team if we get to the lofty heights of league 1, and maybe some to bring us up to the twenty first centrury as an operation.  We have the best pitch in div 2 (and probably div 1) so that is not an issue.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #41: Jan 17, 2017 09:22:25 pm
      Too many calls on the money for it to go on one thing.  We need to get out of league 2 so a bit of extra money to get a couple of league 1 players to get us out ( could you loan us someone!).  The training facilities are in the park next door, so anything that addressed that would be good but would cost way more than a million, we are proposing to finish our stadium and 5 million has been put up by a new investor so I suspect some will go to that, our professional infrastructure is poor (the ticketing farce is an example).  I suspect a bit will go on the current team, some put aside for next years team if we get to the lofty heights of league 1, and maybe some to bring us up to the twenty first centrury as an operation.  We have the best pitch in div 2 (and probably div 1) so that is not an issue.

Good luck for tomorrow evening mate, obviously hope you lose but after what your manager said about taking a leaf out of Maureen's textbook and lumping the ball into the box, I have got a bit of a soft spot for you guys.
      Boletus Edulis
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts | 12 
      Reply #42: Jan 17, 2017 09:23:15 pm
      Evening mate.

Glad you enjoyed your trip and have some great memories to treasure.  I'm sure you'll give us a good game again but hopefully we're too strong for you and manage to get the game won without extra time and penalties.

Enjoy it even though it's not at the ground  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Agreed you should be too strong for us, and unfortunately out ground is not a quagmire or on a ten foot slope where your skill levels would be negated a bit.  However, the longer it takes you to score, the more likely cup fever could become our friend. 
      Boletus Edulis
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts | 12 
      Reply #43: Jan 17, 2017 09:32:18 pm

Good luck for tomorrow evening mate, obviously hope you lose but after what your manager said about taking a leaf out of Maureen's textbook and lumping the ball into the box, I have got a bit of a soft spot for you guys.
      You have reminded me, if Matic plays he won't be the only Cameroon player on the pitch, our number 26, Garita, he of the weird fashion in pulling his shorts up to his crotch, hails also from their originally.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #44: Jan 17, 2017 09:37:23 pm
      Agreed you should be too strong for us, and unfortunately out ground is not a quagmire or on a ten foot slope where your skill levels would be negated a bit.  However, the longer it takes you to score, the more likely cup fever could become our friend. 

Haha, we have a history of making these games harder than they need to be mate.  Anything can happen and when it does, we're usually on the receiving end  ;D
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #45: Jan 17, 2017 10:21:45 pm

With regard to the loaning of players you could always employ a German manager?...
      always a good start when having a business chat with Jürgen ;D ;)

Quick Reply