Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Liverpool vs Southampton, EFL Cup Semi-Final, 2nd Leg, 25 January, 8pm

Read 9570 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Liverpool vs Southampton, EFL Cup Semi-Final, 2nd Leg, 25 January, 8pm
      Jan 22, 2017 10:53:30 am
      Another big game on the horizen with very little time to prepare, to gather our wits and regroup after yesterdays disappointment.

Hopefully with Matip back in the starting 11 we'll be a bit more stable and calm in defense and if Clyne is still suffering pain, maybe TAA could come back in as he's done well when he's played.  I'm worried about Hendo's heel problem though.  I know it's his other heel and that this is normal with this condition but it really hampered us last season having him out for so long and I think it'll be the same again this season.

Cou getting more minutes yesterday will have helped his match fitness and I'd guess he'll get a similar 60 minutes or so again in this.  Firmino back to something like his usual self was good to see, let's hope that continues too.

It'll be a tough, dogged game again with a Wembley trip to look forward to with a good result so hopefully Anfield will be up for it and urge the players on.

It'll be a mad dash home from work for me, only finish at 7pm and the dog will need a walk before I can settle down to watch.
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2017 06:52:26 pm by JD »
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Re: Liverpool vs Southampton, EFL Cup Semi-Final, 2nd Leg, 25 January, 8pm
      Reply #1: Jan 22, 2017 01:13:13 pm
      Van Dijk with an ankle injury in the game against Leicester! Let's hope he's out for this game then.

If we don't manage to score against them without Fonte and Van Dijk, we don't deserve a final.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #2: Jan 22, 2017 01:20:01 pm
      Van Dijk with an ankle injury in the game against Leicester! Let's hope he's out for this game then.

If we don't manage to score against them without Fonte and Van Dijk, we don't deserve a final.

What if we score 2 and concede 2? Do we deserve the final then?
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #3: Jan 22, 2017 01:22:47 pm

Oh F**k off you idiot. Who let you out of your shithole anyway? You know damn well what I meant.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      Reply #4: Jan 22, 2017 01:40:02 pm
      Oh f**k off you idiot. Who let you out of your shithole anyway? You know damn well what I meant.

:angel:
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #5: Jan 22, 2017 02:09:51 pm
      Play like we did yesterday none of us will be going to Wembley  :mad:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6: Jan 22, 2017 02:17:17 pm

Lets really hope Van Dijk is injured for the game, because otherwise on current form they'll probably hold us to a draw.

Sorry to be negative but I just don't see the goals at the moment unless we adjust our setup but I F***ing bet you Klopp starts the same uncreative midfield as against Swansea.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #7: Jan 22, 2017 02:28:30 pm
      I think it shows how much of a slump we're in currently when im actually worried about facing Southampton at Anfield. Two months ago or so I'd be saying we will win this 5-0!

Come on lads, time to book our ideas up now. This is a perfect opportunity to get to Wembley and get some silverware in the cabinet.

Karius

Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Wij
      Hendo
      Lallana

Firmino
      Sturridge
      Coutinho

Going for a 2-0 win.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #8: Jan 22, 2017 02:39:27 pm
      I think it shows how much of a slump we're in currently when im actually worried about facing Southampton at Anfield. Two months ago or so I'd be saying we will win this 5-0!

Come on lads, time to book our ideas up now. This is a perfect opportunity to get to Wembley and get some silverware in the cabinet.

Karius

Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Wij
      Hendo
      Lallana

Firmino
      Sturridge
      Coutinho

Going for a 2-0 win.

That's our best team minus Mane.

If we can't beat Saints at home with our best team then there is major cause for concern.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #9: Jan 22, 2017 03:19:48 pm

Going over for this one and I expect an angry Reds performance which can only mean bad things for Southampton. I have complete faith that the lads will get themselves out of the rut we are currently in and it starts Wednesday.

Wembley here we come and against the Mancs!!!
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,612 posts | 558 
      Reply #10: Jan 22, 2017 03:26:45 pm
      Who the F**k knows what is going to happen with this team.

Klopp certainly doesn't, too many players out of form. If Emre Can starts then I wont be watching.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Jan 22, 2017 03:58:12 pm

No because we'd be out.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12: Jan 22, 2017 04:01:25 pm
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #13: Jan 22, 2017 04:22:44 pm

Maths not your strong point then, on your quote we lose 3-2.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14: Jan 22, 2017 04:22:52 pm
      Who the f**k knows what is going to happen with this team.

Klopp certainly doesn't, too many players out of form. If Emre Can starts then I wont be watching.

That's the spirit
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      Reply #15: Jan 22, 2017 04:26:14 pm

Oh. Ok. Just checking
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #16: Jan 22, 2017 04:28:03 pm
      Not feeling to confident at this moment, hopefully on game day my mood will change. Who was angry and moody the whole day yesterday?? Me, took the loss out in my kids and wife, complete jerk off I am!!!
      No doubt we are in a little slump right now, confidence is a little low, this will be a big win if we overcome the aggregate and win !!
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,612 posts | 558 
      Reply #17: Jan 22, 2017 04:44:27 pm
      Not feeling to confident at this moment, hopefully on game day my mood will change. Who was angry and moody the whole day yesterday?? Me, took the loss out in my kids and wife, complete jerk off I am!!!
      No doubt we are in a little slump right now, confidence is a little low, this will be a big win if we overcome the aggregate and win !!

yep me too. I wish I didn't care so much.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #18: Jan 22, 2017 05:04:44 pm
      Change it up. They'll expect us to play as. 4 3 3.

How about 3 4 1 2.?

Karius

Gomez matip loverm

Milner gini lallana ojo

.            coutinho

.     Firmino     Sturridge

Free role for Phil. Lallana playing a creative role. Ojo to give genuine pace and width
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #19: Jan 22, 2017 05:20:02 pm
      Huge game. Come on red men!!!!!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #20: Jan 22, 2017 06:07:44 pm
      They'll sit back and protect the 1-0 lead I've no doubt about that which is why we need to alter that scoreline within the first 10 minutes..
      These last few games we've huffed and puffed at the opposition in the first half without any clinical attempt to take the game by the scruff of the neck.Plenty of possession of the ball but no runners and no quick interplay.
      This was apparent in the first leg and we let Southampton walk all over us.

If Van Dyke doesn't make it on Wednesday it could be a blessing in disguise as he was their best player in the first leg.

It's a cup semi final and a chance to get to Wembley is up for grabs and it's whoever wants it more on the day.

I just hope we don't get sucked into extra time and a dangerous penalty shoot out..

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #21: Jan 22, 2017 06:30:50 pm
      Difficult game, the defence is shaping up. This could be a long night, with the game going into extra time. Really need to bang in at least a few goals, to reach another final.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #22: Jan 22, 2017 06:33:01 pm
      I've got tickets for the final so we'd f****** better win. In fairness Van Djik getting injured is massive, I think we'll do it.

Quick Reply