Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Man flu

Read 99333 times
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Re: Bloody Flu
      Reply #69: Jan 21, 2008 12:34:59 pm
      Weve all been there but we struggle through not like the women eh they just curl up and die for a week.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #70: Jan 21, 2008 01:52:30 pm
      That's because we have actual flu, not a bad cold (which, I had a few weeks ago) that you lot (wussies) call MAN FLU! :P
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #71: Jan 21, 2008 02:16:23 pm
      Nicola you dont know the half of it Man flu is a epidemic that could kill the male population you know.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #72: Jan 21, 2008 03:15:03 pm
      You only get the flu when you are indoors.

For 4 months I was working outside in the warm to the freezing.. I didn't catch nothing and neither did anyone else working with me.

Then Xmas holidays come about, indoors for a week or so and thats when I got a little ill. Only sore throat and coughing, nothing else!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Re: Man flu
      Reply #73: Jan 21, 2008 09:02:08 pm
      Nicola you dont know the half of it Man flu is a epidemic that could kill the male population you know.
      Wouldn't be such a bad thing!! :P
      Dizzy Munchkin
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 538 posts | 17 
      Reply #74: Jan 24, 2008 08:44:35 pm
      Wouldn't be such a bad thing!! :P

Great minds think alike :lmao:
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #75: Jan 28, 2008 05:44:31 pm
      I think I'm getting the man flu. Woke up at night sweating but shivering. Sore throat, headache, bad back, aching legs and energyless with little appetite?

Sign of man flu? Hope not but hope is the most I can do :cry:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #76: Jan 28, 2008 06:00:07 pm
      Unlucky there Ra. Keep soldiering through it. You got anyone to look after you in this difficult time of need?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #77: Jan 28, 2008 06:06:28 pm
      This is a sympathy-free zone  :lmao:
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #78: Jan 28, 2008 06:52:11 pm
      Unlucky there Ra. Keep soldiering through it. You got anyone to look after you in this difficult time of need?

Well earlier I took some Neurofen and I felt a little better, went to the gym (very determined to go) and I had zero energy. I'm not feeling too bad now, but thats because I took pain killers :)
      Not expecting to get better anytime soon, but I don't think its one of the worse flu's you can get. Though I have no energy whatsoever.

I'm just gonna have to look after myself, I'll manage ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #79: Jan 28, 2008 06:56:12 pm
      Well earlier I took some Neurofen and I felt a little better, went to the gym (very determined to go) and I had zero energy. I'm not feeling too bad now, but thats because I took pain killers :)
      Not expecting to get better anytime soon, but I don't think its one of the worse flu's you can get. Though I have no energy whatsoever.

Poor Lamb  ;) :D  Take it easy and get that hot water bottle in your bed.  Oh and don't forget the Lucozade, your not officially sick until you drink this  ;) ;D   ;D ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #80: Jan 28, 2008 07:00:42 pm
      Infact I bought a bottle of Lucozade sport eariler. Raspberry flavour aswell - nice!
      Also I'm having lamb for dinner, are you somehow spying on me?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #81: Jan 28, 2008 07:02:56 pm
      Infact I bought a bottle of Lucozade sport eariler. Raspberry flavour aswell - nice!
      Also I'm having lamb for dinner, are you somehow spying on me?

:lmao: :lmao:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #82: Jan 28, 2008 07:18:44 pm

It's all that bloody exercise you've been doing RaRa......it's knocked you for six ;) :laugh:
      Take it easy mate !
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #83: Jan 28, 2008 07:28:07 pm

It's all that bloody exercise you've been doing RaRa......it's knocked you for six ;) :laugh:
      Take it easy mate !

Not been doing 'too' much exercise. I'm just determained to follow my program and start pumping some iron again. Don't worry I'm not hench, but trying to tone up! I want to go to the gym on wed & fri to keep up with my program... I'll see how I feel.

Though I think your right MsG, too much exercise leads to fatigue which can lead to getting ill as your body needs time to recover! PS.. played intense football yesterday and been getting limited sleep :(
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #84: Jan 28, 2008 09:35:16 pm
      RaRa that's definitely it. Your body hasn't fully gotten rid of the illness and you're exercising which is preventing it from getting better properly. It happens to me. That's why I don't train or go to the gym when I've been ill until I'm fully better; otherwise I just get worse and it's not worth it really.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #85: Jan 28, 2008 10:20:10 pm
      RaRa that's definitely it. Your body hasn't fully gotten rid of the illness and you're exercising which is preventing it from getting better properly. It happens to me. That's why I don't train or go to the gym when I've been ill until I'm fully better; otherwise I just get worse and it's not worth it really.

Thanks for the advice. I'm just going to sleep all day tommorow and hope that on Wedensday I'm feeling fit and healthy again! Anyone know how long flu lasts for?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #86: Jan 28, 2008 10:27:54 pm
      Thanks for the advice. I'm just going to sleep all day tommorow and hope that on Wedensday I'm feeling fit and healthy again! Anyone know how long flu lasts for?

For women, about 5/6 days, for men, as long as they want to make it last !!   ;) :lmao:
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #87: Jan 29, 2008 03:37:57 pm
      This flu is getting terrible!!!

Got out of bed at 3pm, not tired just too weak to sit up. It's hit me real good this time! Hopefully it can only get better.

I regret going to the gym big time yesterday, all its done is make the aches and pains even worse!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #88: Jan 29, 2008 03:53:06 pm
      This flu is getting terrible!!!

Got out of bed at 3pm, not tired just too weak to sit up. It's hit me real good this time! Hopefully it can only get better.

I regret going to the gym big time yesterday, all its done is make the aches and pains even worse!
      I feel sorry for you Ra Ra, the women don't have any idea what it feels like having man flu! I had it during November/December time. Got no sympathy off the girlfriend or my mum!! What are they there for, if they won't help me through my hour (week) month of need!
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2008 06:19:42 pm by smigger15 »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #89: Jan 29, 2008 04:00:11 pm
      Woke up aching yesterday with a sore throat and a cold.  Can't stop sneezing.  Feel that weak feeling on my head.

Am I showing signs of Man Flu?  Or am I just being a pussy ;)

Off to a gig tonight.  I'll let you know if I get worse or not seeing the weather at the minute!!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #90: Jan 29, 2008 04:04:01 pm
      I feel sorry for you Ra Ra, the women don't have any idea what it feels like having man flu! I had it during November/December time. Got no sympathy off the girlfriend or my mum!! What are they there for, if they won't help me through my hour (week) of need!

True talk my friend. Man flu is terrible, I feel like I'm disintigrating. I actually think men have weak immune systems.. well I do! Anyway if it wasn't for Nurofen, I would dread to think how ill I'd be feeling. I appreciate you nurofen tablets, you are my saviour!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #91: Jan 29, 2008 04:06:40 pm
      Woke up aching yesterday with a sore throat and a cold.  Can't stop sneezing.  Feel that weak feeling on my head.

Am I showing signs of Man Flu?  Or am I just being a pussy ;)

Off to a gig tonight. I'll let you know if I get worse or not seeing the weather at the minute!!

Off to a gig? I can't even walk ten metres and your off to a gig? I haven't got cold or nothing, sounds like you might be getting a chest infection or virus. Flu's affect different people in different ways...

Quick Reply