Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread

Read 467897 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread
      Reply #1334: May 31, 2011 08:48:30 pm
      Well done lads.

Wisdom leads England to a win
      31st May 2011 - Latest News

Andre Wisdom captained England U19s to a 1-0 victory over Montenegro on Tuesday evening to move the Three Lions a step closer to European Championship glory.

Fellow Academy products Jack Robinson and Conor Coady also played the entire contest, while Tom Ince lasted 87 minutes and Michael Ngoo entered for the final half-an-hour in the first of three Elite Group qualifiers.

Tottenham's Harry Kane scored the only goal of the game.

England now face hosts Switzerland on Thursday and Spain on Sunday as they bid to reach the last eight of the tournament for the fourth successive year.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1335: May 31, 2011 08:54:11 pm
      Well done lads. Great to see them doing well
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1336: Jun 01, 2011 11:37:13 am
      Another accolade for one of the Academy boys.  Well done Jamie, it was a great save  ;D

Young stopper lands top gong
      1st Jun 2011 - Latest News

Academy stopper Jamie Stephens is celebrating after landing the Barclays Premier Academy League’s save of the season award for 2010-11.

The 17-year-old beat off a host of rivals to claim the gong for his magnificent stop in the 2-1 victory at Manchester United U18s at the start of April.

A delighted Stephens told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I feel really honoured to be recognised, particularly as it was at an event with so many famous sports personalities.

"I still can't quite believe it. I was playing crazy golf in Liverpool with Kristjan Emilsson when I got the news and it made me feel a bit better as I was getting hammered!

"I'm completely lost for words and feel very proud for myself, the club and my teammates, who I'd like to thank for their support throughout the season.

"I'd also like to thank my family who continue to support me as I look to carve out a career in the game."
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1337: Jun 01, 2011 12:45:29 pm
      Another accolade for one of the Academy boys.  Well done Jamie, it was a great save  ;D

Young stopper lands top gong
      1st Jun 2011 - Latest News

Academy stopper Jamie Stephens is celebrating after landing the Barclays Premier Academy League’s save of the season award for 2010-11.

The 17-year-old beat off a host of rivals to claim the gong for his magnificent stop in the 2-1 victory at Manchester United U18s at the start of April.

A delighted Stephens told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I feel really honoured to be recognised, particularly as it was at an event with so many famous sports personalities.

"I still can't quite believe it. I was playing crazy golf in Liverpool with Kristjan Emilsson when I got the news and it made me feel a bit better as I was getting hammered!

"I'm completely lost for words and feel very proud for myself, the club and my teammates, who I'd like to thank for their support throughout the season.

"I'd also like to thank my family who continue to support me as I look to carve out a career in the game."

:D

Well in.

This thread is more active and positive than in my whole time on this forum. Brilliant to see.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #1338: Jun 01, 2011 01:15:08 pm
      Great to see the youngsters getting the coverage they desreve on here
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1339: Jun 01, 2011 01:21:43 pm
      Well done lads.

Andre Wisdom captained England U19s to a 1-0 victory over Montenegro on Tuesday evening to move the Three Lions a step closer to European Championship glory.

Fellow Academy products Jack Robinson and Conor Coady also played the entire contest, while Tom Ince lasted 87 minutes and Michael Ngoo entered for the final half-an-hour in the first of three Elite Group qualifiers.

England now face hosts Switzerland on Thursday and Spain on Sunday as they bid to reach the last eight of the tournament for the fourth successive year.
      I knew we had a few in the squad but great to see so many of them actually feature as well. Great stuff.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1340: Jun 01, 2011 03:11:11 pm
      Well done lads.

It really is fantastic to see so many of our young lads getting into the England squads, even though I don't particularly mind if they never play for the full squad, it gives them the confidence to make the step up to the Liverpool first team, and that's what matters!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1341: Jun 03, 2011 03:27:24 pm
      Some of our lads were in action again yesterday, well in Michael on his goal!  Up against Spain next, on Sunday.

Ngoo fires in England win
      2nd Jun 2011 - Latest News

Liverpool striker Michael Ngoo fired as England U19s continued their quest for European Championship glory with a 3-2 victory over Switzerland on Thursday afternoon.

The 18-year-old bagged his goal on 44 minutes against the host nation, with Luke Williams and George Thorne also finding the net for Noel Blake's boys.

The result means England are well placed to reach the last eight heading into Sunday's final group game with Spain.

Four Academy products started for the Three Lions - Ngoo, Conor Coady, Jack Robinson and skipper Andre Wisdom.

Tom Ince was an unused substitute.

Author: Jimmy Rice

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/ngoo-fires-in-england-win
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1342: Jun 05, 2011 04:50:01 pm
      1-1 in the U-19 with Spain at half time, Ngoo set up Ince for the equalizer, Wisdom Coady and Robinson also playing
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1343: Jun 05, 2011 05:03:04 pm
      softest yellow ever for Ngoo the defender kicked him
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1344: Jun 05, 2011 05:10:58 pm
      http://www.marca.com/multimedia/directo/marcatv.html

there for anyone wanting to watch it
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1345: Jun 05, 2011 05:13:41 pm
      Glad to see so many Liverpool lads in the team. Hopefully we can further the careers of most of them here. I gather Ince will leave
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #1346: Jun 05, 2011 05:20:09 pm
      ^^ Thanks a lot corbally for the link.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1347: Jun 05, 2011 06:12:24 pm
      Well done lads, go and enjoy your hols.

U19 heartache for Academy five
      5th Jun 2011 - Latest News

There was heartache for five Liverpool youngsters as an unbeaten England crashed out of the European Championships on goal difference following a 1-1 draw with Spain on Sunday afternoon.

Despite winning their opening two group games, the Three Lions needed a victory to reach the last eight due to Spain's superior goal difference.

Michael Ngoo set-up Tottenham's Harry Kane for England's leveller on the stroke of half-time during his 59-minute run-out but a winner proved elusive.

Skipper Andre Wisdom, Thomas Ince, Conor Coady and Jack Robinson all played 90 minutes for Noel Blake's side.

Attention now turns to the U17 World Cup in Mexico, which will feature seven of our Academy youngsters.

Raheem Sterling joins Adam Morgan, Brad Smith, Tyrell Belford, Matty Regan and Jack Dunn in the England squad, while Tom King has been selected by Australia.

The tournament kicks-off on June 18 and the final is in Mexico City on July 10.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1348: Jun 05, 2011 06:22:38 pm
      Well done lads, go and enjoy your hols.

Indeed Debs, they've had a very good season.  Shame they just missed out on the next round on GD.  Hopefully, that will really whet their appetites and make sure they come out hungry for next season.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1349: Jun 05, 2011 06:25:06 pm
      From what i saw as expected the Spanish were much more technically gifted. England didn't see much of the ball
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1350: Jun 05, 2011 06:30:58 pm
      Indeed Debs, they've had a very good season.  Shame they just missed out on the next round on GD.  Hopefully, that will really whet their appetites and make sure they come out hungry for next season.

They have hun, they've done themselves, the Club and us proud.  

It's got to hurt though to go out on GD, unbeaten as well!  As for next season, I can't wait and with the extra days I'm not working I'm hoping to make a few trips to watch them.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1351: Jun 05, 2011 06:37:33 pm
      They have hun, they've done themselves, the Club and us proud. 

It's got to hurt though to go out on GD, unbeaten as well!  As for next season, I can't wait and with the extra days I'm not working I'm hoping to make a few trips to watch them.

Nice one Debs!  I'm planning to move back to North Wales in a couple of years, so I'm hoping I'll be able to do the same.

U17's to look forward to next, and today eurosport have been advertising that they will be showing the matches.  Looking forward to seeing our boys, hopefully they will all get a run out at some point.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1352: Jun 05, 2011 06:43:58 pm
      Nice one Debs!  I'm planning to move back to North Wales in a couple of years, so I'm hoping I'll be able to do the same.

U17's to look forward to next, and today eurosport have been advertising that they will be showing the matches.  Looking forward to seeing our boys, hopefully they will all get a run out at some point.

U17's will be interesting, especially playing in South America.  Fantastic experience for them all just to be there.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #1353: Jun 05, 2011 08:01:30 pm
      From what i saw as expected the Spanish were much more technically gifted. England didn't see much of the ball

Huge surprise there ;)
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #1354: Jun 08, 2011 04:13:37 pm
      Pretty good vid for those who haven't seen a lot of our much talked about young talents.  Conor Coady is still the one I think will come through and just take it by storm.

LFC Class of 2011
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #1355: Jun 08, 2011 04:15:32 pm
      Guidarloa has come out and said the only academy that compares to Barca's is Liverpool's and he thinks there could be 20 star's from it.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #1356: Jun 08, 2011 04:28:56 pm
      Yea I think Racer or someone posted it in the Rodolfo Borrell thread, big praise that. Let's hope he's right.

Quick Reply