Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread

Read 467547 times
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Re: Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread
      Reply #1518: Aug 20, 2011 12:02:53 pm
      Oh what a goal!  Jordan Lussey!  We've looked a bit better since Cardiff scored.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #1519: Aug 20, 2011 12:04:28 pm
      Oh what a goal!  Jordan Lussey!  We've looked a bit better since Cardiff scored.

Great goal that   It woke us up
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1520: Aug 20, 2011 12:10:33 pm

Sure has, ooh, Wilson almost put that away.  Good build up play leading up to his header, lovely cross from King.
      Moli's lucky there, very late in that challenge and he's already on a yellow.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1521: Aug 20, 2011 12:20:52 pm
      Ooh, lovely ball from Baio to Moli who blasted it wide.  That was a great chance.

Full time, 1-1.

We were much better after Cardiff scored.  Very impressed with Baio, agree with you Burdgog and corbally, he looks a real prospect.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1522: Aug 20, 2011 12:58:08 pm
      Who scored for us. Glad to see Baio played well. I think he's exactly what we were lacking at youth level last year
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1523: Aug 20, 2011 02:47:20 pm
      Who scored for us. Glad to see Baio played well. I think he's exactly what we were lacking at youth level last year

Jordan Lussey, it was a cracking goal too racer!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #1524: Aug 20, 2011 09:29:50 pm
      I know this might be a bit off topic, but has anyone got a phone number or e mail address for the youth academy ? I need a contact.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1525: Aug 21, 2011 05:04:29 pm
      Success for our U15's:

LiverpoolPlus Liverpool Plus
      #LFC U15 have won the Hibernia trophy beating Celtic on penalties

Well done lads!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1526: Aug 21, 2011 05:26:57 pm
      Good stuff, congrats lads!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1527: Aug 27, 2011 01:27:52 pm

Morgan fires U18s to first win

27th Aug 2011

Adam Morgan was on target as Liverpool U18s claimed a 1-0 victory at Portsmouth on Saturday afternoon.

The prolific striker netted the only goal of the game to ensure Mike Marsh's side picked up their first success of the new campaign following last week's 1-1 draw with Cardiff City.

The youngsters will now face Derby County in their next league encounter at the Academy on Saturday. Kick off 12pm.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/morgan-fires-u18s-to-first-win
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1528: Aug 27, 2011 02:30:49 pm
      Morgan fires U18s to first win

27th Aug 2011

Adam Morgan was on target as Liverpool U18s claimed a 1-0 victory at Portsmouth on Saturday afternoon.

The prolific striker netted the only goal of the game to ensure Mike Marsh's side picked up their first success of the new campaign following last week's 1-1 draw with Cardiff City.

The youngsters will now face Derby County in their next league encounter at the Academy on Saturday. Kick off 12pm.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/morgan-fires-u18s-to-first-win

Nice one!  Ryan McLaughlin's paperwork's still not sorted out so he still can't play.

RyanMcL2 Ryan McLaughlin
      Good 1-0 win for the lads today :) pity I couldn't play because of the clearance issue :( heading back to belfast now yesssss :)

Big win for our U16's against Portsmouth as well:

MaguireJoe Joe Maguire
      Jus beat portsmouth 7-2 , only 7 hour journey back !

Edit:  Joe can't count!

MaguireJoe Joe Maguire
      haha sorry people 5-2* we won !
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2011 10:52:15 am by whyohwhyohwhy »
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #1529: Aug 27, 2011 02:50:43 pm
      Nacho must have been promoted to the reserves unless he's in Ryan McLaughlins position with clearance issues
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #1530: Sep 03, 2011 01:49:45 pm
      3-2 down at home to Derby so far.  I think this U18 team is pretty moderate in comparison to last years team.  Aylmer, Regan, Wilson, mukendi i just don't rate. 
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1531: Sep 03, 2011 04:01:02 pm
      3-2 down at home to Derby so far.  I think this U18 team is pretty moderate in comparison to last years team.

It is a very young team ... Lots of 16 and 17 year old players on it ...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1532: Sep 03, 2011 08:21:56 pm
      Dunn and Morgan fire in defeat

3rd Sep 2011 - Latest News

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/dunn-and-morgan-fire-in-defeat

Goals from Jack Dunn and Adam Morgan could not prevent Liverpool U18s slipping to their first defeat of the season against Derby County on Saturday lunchtime.

Mike Marsh's youngsters now have four points from their opening three games after the 3-2 loss - but it might have been more had a clutch of decent opportunities been converted.

The Reds took the lead on 15 minutes when Dunn fizzed home from an acute angle to submit an early entry into the Goal of the Season contest.

The visitors then mounted a comeback, equalising through Callum Ball 15 seconds into the second period.

A frantic four minutes then followed as Ball struck again with a direct free-kick on 69 before Morgan headed home an instant leveller.

But the game had only just kicked-off once more when Kwame Thomas fired the winner on 73 minutes.

Liverpool looked good to snatch a point with a string of chances but it wasn't to be.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #1533: Sep 03, 2011 08:24:55 pm
      Saw a bit of the game. We looked decent but there was a fella on the left wing for Derby who our defenders struggled to keep under wraps. Love watching the academy players play. They are talented but a bit rough around the edges.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,609 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1534: Sep 04, 2011 09:31:51 am
      Have to agree that this Academy class (as yet) does not jump out as having quite the same quality as last year. Obviously Morgan is still in the squad but I suspect he may be playing with reserves regularly by mid-seaason. Young Jack Dunn looks like a good little player in midfield, the big lad Mkendi has a bit about him and Baio looks the part physically but no none else has really jumped out in the games I've watched so far. The lad (Nacho) we saw on trial a few weeks back could be a prospect but i've not really seen him since he signed.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1535: Sep 04, 2011 08:21:06 pm
      Have to agree that this Academy class (as yet) does not jump out as having quite the same quality as last year. Obviously Morgan is still in the squad but I suspect he may be playing with reserves regularly by mid-seaason. Young Jack Dunn looks like a good little player in midfield, the big lad Mkendi has a bit about him and Baio looks the part physically but no none else has really jumped out in the games I've watched so far. The lad (Nacho) we saw on trial a few weeks back could be a prospect but I've not really seen him since he signed.

I caught the replay on LFC TV this alvo and they said Nacho is waiting for international clearance so that's why we haven't seen him.

Jack Dunn scored a sensational goal in the first half.  He chased a clearance in the box, running away from goal, turned and hit it and it flew in.  Commentator reckons it could be a contender for goal of the season!  It was a bit special for that age group.  I like Dunn a lot, he was very visible in the first half but kind of faded in the second for a while.

Morgan didn't do a lot in the first half but was full of urgency and drive in the second.  Don't quite know how he missed a sitter in the first half, but got a headed goal in the second.

Thought our defence was shaky.  They scored 20ish seconds in to the second half, and that seemed to put us on the back foot.  Their second was from a free kick just outside the box, and our lads need to learn that a wall is meant to be a solid thing, not something that runs from the ball!  Mike Marsh brought Baio and Gainsford on after their second goal.  Baio was impressive again, got forward more in this game and he created Morgans's goal.  Almost immediately they caught us on the counter and scored again.

Some lessons to be learnt by our defence.

I was impressed with Morgan, once we went behind he was desperate to get the ball back in play so we could try and get back in the game.

Leeds away next up.  Early days yet, mon you Reds!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1536: Sep 04, 2011 11:17:38 pm
      Think some of you are rushing to judge this batch. Baio, Gainford and Moli could be very good this season. I do think that defensively we had some star players in the likes of Wisdom, Flanagan and Robbo. As far as midfielders go Baio something we lacked. Gainford with the club since he was 10 and looks a great prospect. I think we might get caught out a bit at the back and that might scew opinion on here when it costs us results
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #1537: Sep 04, 2011 11:24:53 pm
      Think some of you are rushing to judge this batch. Baio, Gainford and Moli could be very good this season. I do think that defensively we had some star players in the likes of Wisdom, Flanagan and Robbo. As far as midfielders go Baio something we lacked. Gainford with the club since he was 10 and looks a great prospect. I think we might get caught out a bit at the back and that might scew opinion on here when it costs us results
      Definetely, we lost 5 out of our first 12 last season and look how good that team turned out, I also like Lussey and Wilson.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1538: Sep 05, 2011 12:22:16 am
      Definetely, we lost 5 out of our first 12 last season and look how good that team turned out, I also like Lussey and Wilson.

Good shout!   We have few players waiting on their clearances, and we're only a couple of games in.  Give the lads a chance to find their feet.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #1539: Sep 05, 2011 06:51:17 pm
      Can someone help this "old git"?Trying to find info on the Nextgen series/fixtures.Have tried the very confusing search facility with no success. :dunceblock:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1540: Sep 05, 2011 06:54:55 pm
      The thread is Next Gen Series. In the Kop section

Quick Reply