Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Fitness thread

Read 226853 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #115: Feb 28, 2008 12:45:35 am
      Great Stuff Andy  :)
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #116: Feb 28, 2008 03:03:48 am
      Good on Ya Red! Petition Signed also.

Yeah i used to work in a sports shop a few years ago and Asics are the Ferrari's of Long distance running shoes. Eepecially the GT models and the Kayano's are absolutely great, they used to be the number one selling in all our stores for the 12 months i was working there.

Ra Ra mate not to threat one run isnt going to neccessarily shrink you, besides building a NATURAL muscular frame takes years of constant training and dedication. There is no quick fix to it jus takes good old hard work and a diet to support it.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #117: Feb 28, 2008 01:27:38 pm
      Shouldn't lil cisse come onto this thread. Apparently he'd give Torres a run for his money in a 100 meter race which is quite impressive! :)

Yeah Dadorious I've stopped my worrys now haha
      Though don't know how I should set my diet, I do eat in moderation at times but more muscle you've got the more calories it'll burn.

Did you know each pound of muscle you've got will burn an average of 100 calories each week and this is doing nothing. Thats why some people who try to lose weight never do, because they lose muscle which is the secret to really burning the fat away. There are type's of exercises you can do which will burn fat and not muscle, this will be intense cardio like the rowing machine or running for a short time at a quick speed. Also not eating fatty foods will help. Just nothing to do with endurance exercises as first your body will be burning fat, then to keep going your body thinks it needs to be lighter so it burns away the calories from your muscle aswell and muscle is probably the best form of fuel!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #118: Feb 28, 2008 10:12:07 pm
      Evening all, just signed your petition Andy hope it goes ahead and thanks for the tips.  Just come back from the reverse route of my run on Tuesday which I have estimated to be around 2 miles 3.2km  :P of flat terrain.  Next run is on Saturday morning but I may do a shorter, quicker one for a bit of variety.
      « Last Edit: Feb 29, 2008 10:08:19 am by AJ »
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #119: Feb 28, 2008 10:19:15 pm
      Shouldn't lil cisse come onto this thread. Apparently he'd give Torres a run for his money in a 100 meter race which is quite impressive! :)

Thats the funniest thing ive heard someone say in ages.

I just joined fitness first, about 3 weeks ago, anyone got any tips on certain exercise to burn the fat off fast. i can only manage an hour at the mo in there, so something easy to start off with. I tried a personal trainer in there, but he put me through hell in the gym, would rather just do my own thing and have a good decent steady workout.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #120: Feb 28, 2008 10:24:05 pm
      Thats the funniest thing ive heard someone say in ages.

I just joined fitness first, about 3 weeks ago, anyone got any tips on certain exercise to burn the fat off fast. I can only manage an hour at the mo in there, so something easy to start off with. I tried a personal trainer in there, but he put me through hell in the gym, would rather just do my own thing and have a good decent steady workout.

Well, are you looking to just burn fat or burn fat and gain muscle?
      You've got to be carefull with fat burning exercises as sometimes the fuel is used from the muscle instead of the fat, trust me its very true!

You must do weights, even if they are light weights otherwise your body won't be burning enough fat. Also a good diet is essential. Cut out moderate eating, only eat when your very hungry.

Rowing machine is a good and safe fat burning exercise as it's a cardio workout but at the same time your muscles are working very hard all over so muscle loss will not happen!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #121: Feb 28, 2008 11:37:38 pm
      HELP!

Can anyone, anywhere help me find one of these in a medium or large? I would use it as my main running top if I could get one. At present I use a navy blue sleeveless England top. I've tried all the usual places on the Net including Ebay, LFC, online sports shops etc. Any help will be much appreciated!  ;)
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #122: Feb 28, 2008 11:39:44 pm
      Umm to burn fat reduce the amount of calories you intake every day. Say that you intake 3000 calories a day cut this down to 2500 and an intense hour of cardio 3-4 times a week will see you drop pounds. Also drink a lot of water and make sure that your diet on running days is dominated by complex carbo's as they are a good energy source.

One thing that is good for you also is to eat 5-6 times a day in smaller meals rather than youre breakfast, lunch and dinner. Eating 3 times adjusts your body to stroing fat, this is one thing that I can't do as I work 8-8 hours a day I cant exactly sit around preparing5-6 meals.
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2008 11:42:04 pm by Dadorious »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #123: Feb 28, 2008 11:41:53 pm
      an intense hour of cardio 304 times a week will see you drop pounds.

Bit extreme don't you think mate? That's more than 43 hours a day, and there's not that many hours in a day :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #124: Feb 28, 2008 11:46:06 pm
      Bit extreme don't you think mate? That's more than 43 hours a day, and there's not that many hours in a day :D

Your not that drunk then Ed :f_tongueincheek: :laugh:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #125: Feb 28, 2008 11:46:32 pm
      Hahah Shushh you! It was meant to be 3-4 the - and 0 are awfully close.

:)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #126: Feb 28, 2008 11:52:37 pm
      Yeh like Dadorious said eat plenty of carbs. This will then be used as the fuel to burn fat rather than burning muscles.

Seriously dude intense cardio can burn the muscle away just as much as it'll burn your fat away. So do light weights to keep your muscles active, have plenty of protien intake before and after your session then you should be ok with only fat getting burnt and not muscle.

Remember our bodys need muscle as that is probably the best fat burner around. Your muscles burn fat when you are inactive even, so the bigger muscles the more fat it'll burn!

And this is the best - Eat plenty of fish!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #127: Feb 29, 2008 09:46:18 am
      HELP!

Can anyone, anywhere help me find one of these in a medium or large? I would use it as my main running top if I could get one. At present I use a navy blue sleeveless England top. I've tried all the usual places on the Net including Ebay, LFC, online sports shops etc. Any help will be much appreciated!  ;)

That looks pretty cool let me know if you find one Andy I quite fancy one of those meself in large.

EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #128: Feb 29, 2008 01:07:27 pm
      HELP!

I've had a good root around mate, nowhere seems to sell it. Loads of places have got the white one, but there's no sign of the red one anywhere.
      « Last Edit: Feb 29, 2008 03:04:07 pm by EddieC »
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #129: Feb 29, 2008 02:53:44 pm
      Well, are you looking to just burn fat or burn fat and gain muscle?
      You've got to be carefull with fat burning exercises as sometimes the fuel is used from the muscle instead of the fat, trust me its very true!

Mainly fat from my well paid for beer belly, i can do lots of ab crunches on those machines things they have, but i no i need to do a bit more then just that all the time. I had a go of the rowing machine and think thats deffo something i  should be doing more off, 15 minutes on that had me sweating for England.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #130: Feb 29, 2008 02:59:23 pm
      HELP!

You might find one in Liverpool this weekend Andy....... :-\
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #131: Feb 29, 2008 03:11:30 pm
      HELP!

Yeah, I gave up trying to get hold of this one in the end and got the white one. I would have preferred the red but got sick of waiting! I tried e-mailing some sites but they never answered!  >:(
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #132: Feb 29, 2008 10:22:41 pm
      http://www.crossfit.com/cf-journal/WLSTANDARDS.pdf

I'm going to work up to a 90kg bench press. 120kg squat. And a 140kg deadlift. That'll be intermediate at 82kg.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #133: Mar 02, 2008 03:36:48 pm
      Today was cardio day for me

Did 10 minutes on the tredmill - run at 10km for one minutes, next minute run at 18km and then 10km as the cool down minute and again 16 - 18km for the intense minute. Done this pattern until I got to 10 minutes... was bloomin knackering.. probably more knackering than my endurace run last week.

Then did rowing machine for 10 minutes covering only 2100m

Then did X-trainer for 10 minutes, was quite intense seeing as I had to change direction half way through for about a minute

Then did stepper for a good 10 minutes climbing 60 floors

Then cooled down on the seated kind of bike machine for 10 minutes! So did 50 minutes of very good cardio working all different parts.. I was sweating very badly it was unreal yet I wasn't at all tired!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #134: Mar 02, 2008 05:11:43 pm
      Today was cardio day for me

Did 10 minutes on the tredmill - run at 10km for one minutes, next minute run at 18km and then 10km as the cool down minute and again 16 - 18km for the intense minute. Done this pattern until I got to 10 minutes... was bloomin knackering.. probably more knackering than my endurace run last week.

Then did rowing machine for 10 minutes covering only 2100m

Then did X-trainer for 10 minutes, was quite intense seeing as I had to change direction half way through for about a minute

Then did stepper for a good 10 minutes climbing 60 floors

Then cooled down on the seated kind of bike machine for 10 minutes! So did 50 minutes of very good cardio working all different parts.. I was sweating very badly it was unreal yet I wasn't at all tired!

That's a pretty good all round set up you got there mate, I tried doing some press up's t'other day and well let's just say I'm "impoving" on my stamina :P  Went for a run round one of the local villages this morning as the sun was shining and I got up late yesterday and lost all motivation but I think I got a good 1.5 mile this morning.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #135: Mar 03, 2008 05:43:55 pm
      I ran 2km in 10 minutes 47 seconds today, and I wasn't running to beat any time I just got lazy and stopped.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #136: Mar 03, 2008 10:56:48 pm
      I just lifted weights. I'm happy 'cause I Deadlift'd 100kg 6 reps 3 sets.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #137: Mar 04, 2008 12:24:58 am
      I am well pleased with my effort this weekend in the

I'll submit a full race report when I get a a spare half hour! :P ;)

Quick Reply