Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Martin Škrtel (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce)

Read 240639 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Martin Skrtel Player Thread
      Reply #1702: Aug 30, 2014 11:44:58 am
      My thoughts exactly Brian!  ;)

Up to Sakho to put a good shift in now isn't it.

that it is
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1703: Aug 30, 2014 11:47:48 am
      I simply made a prediction, in my opinion, Skrtel could make enough errors over the season that will cost us.
      No probs Bri.

I obviously picked you up wrong. Hopefully Brendan will drop him (or any player, for that matter) should that, error prone season, happen and threaten our season. Personally I trust Brendan enough to believe he will.

Catch you later buddy, good luck.  8)

Gone into hiding after reading me and BBB "discussing him"
      ;D

Not good news but at least we have plenty of cover and it's a great opportunity for others to stake a claim. If he can't get back in that'll be a good thing right? Saying as Brendan will pick what he sees as his best team on merit.  ;)

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1704: Aug 30, 2014 11:48:28 am
      My thoughts exactly Brian!  ;)

Up to Sakho to put a good shift in now isn't it.

Yep.

Not as confident as some are about the Sahko/Lovren partnership, maybe it's because they both seem to prefer the left.

It (partnership) also needs time to settle.
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #1705: Aug 31, 2014 04:03:02 pm

Which type of problem did he suffer?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1706: Oct 01, 2014 09:34:47 pm
      Looks like a serial killer....plays like a clown.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1707: Oct 02, 2014 12:20:04 am
      Looks like a serial killer....plays like a clown.

Got him to a tee.

Not surprised Sakho stormed out.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      Reply #1708: Oct 09, 2014 09:25:07 pm
      Small bit of movement on a cross has just caught him out for Slovakia. He just cant cope with crosses God love him
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1709: Oct 09, 2014 09:48:22 pm
      Small bit of movement on a cross has just caught him out for Slovakia. He just cant cope with crosses God love him

At least he is consistent  ;)

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #1710: Oct 19, 2014 03:16:54 pm
      F**k OFF OUT THIS CLUB RIGHT NOW
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1711: Oct 19, 2014 06:24:53 pm

OK
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1712: Oct 19, 2014 11:47:06 pm

You can F**k off from this forum and supporting this club with that attitude.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1713: Oct 20, 2014 12:51:01 pm

You should be ashamed of yourself, we don't need or want people like you  >:(
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1714: Oct 20, 2014 02:15:02 pm

LOUD NOISES!!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1715: Oct 20, 2014 02:34:54 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29681650

He made it into Garth Crook's team of the week :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1716: Oct 20, 2014 02:49:20 pm
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1717: Oct 20, 2014 05:11:42 pm
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #1718: Oct 20, 2014 05:24:06 pm
      That was immediately after the match that I posted that,  infuriated by what I saw, but I still stand by the attitude that he has no right to be in this team

It's strange how Balotelli is allowed all the abuse on this forum yet someone who has time and time again had a chance to prove himself at this club over the years hasn't taken it is always given a reprieve? He has been complete crap under Rodgers, can't defend and can't play the ball out from back, instead passing back constantly to Mignolet - who I feel most sorry for having this utter fool playing in front of him. No wonder the keeper has now confidence. Is it any wonder that when Carragher came back in the first team in the latter stages of 12/13 season, Reina's form boosted? It's the same matter with Mignolet - keepers are only capable if they have a decent partnership in front. You could have a reincarnation of Bobby Moore playing alongside Skrtel and it would still be a sh*t partnership, because Skrtel has no communication skills, is an individual player NOT A TEAM PLAYER and continually fucks up his lines - no wonder he's ideal to the English Premier League with similarly like minded amateurs being the norm in England.

Unbelievable - and just because he's a Benitez signing, some of you hold even more sentimental attitudes towards him.

A truly awful awful player - he's not had one decent season under Rodgers and has been a terrible liability to the club - one great performance doesn't paper over the rest of his dire performances. It's tough justice how a genuinely great servant in Daniel Agger left and we were left with this clown.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1719: Oct 20, 2014 06:37:31 pm
      That was immediately after the match that I posted that,  infuriated by what I saw, but I still stand by the attitude that he has no right to be in this team

It's strange how Balotelli is allowed all the abuse on this forum yet someone who has time and time again had a chance to prove himself at this club over the years hasn't taken it is always given a reprieve? He has been complete crap under Rodgers, can't defend and can't play the ball out from back, instead passing back constantly to Mignolet - who I feel most sorry for having this utter fool playing in front of him. No wonder the keeper has now confidence. Is it any wonder that when Carragher came back in the first team in the latter stages of 12/13 season, Reina's form boosted? It's the same matter with Mignolet - keepers are only capable if they have a decent partnership in front. You could have a reincarnation of Bobby Moore playing alongside Skrtel and it would still be a sh*t partnership, because Skrtel has no communication skills, is an individual player NOT A TEAM PLAYER and continually fucks up his lines - no wonder he's ideal to the English Premier League with similarly like minded amateurs being the norm in England.

Unbelievable - and just because he's a Benitez signing, some of you hold even more sentimental attitudes towards him.

A truly awful awful player - he's not had one decent season under Rodgers and has been a terrible liability to the club - one great performance doesn't paper over the rest of his dire performances. It's tough justice how a genuinely great servant in Daniel Agger left and we were left with this clown.

And despite all that Breandan keeps picking him.................... ;)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #1720: Oct 21, 2014 07:35:52 am
      I actually believe if he spent half as much time actually defending and going for the ball and not the man he would be fine ,and if as demonstrated on the weekend refs are going to start giving pens for the bear hug we are going to be in a whole lotta sh*t because he is the ultimate culprit , just fcking defend man go and attack the ball you might find yourself doing ok then ,

One of the most annoying things in football for me at the moment the bear hug are defenders that piss poor they just cant defend ,i hope the refs take it on board and start dishing out the pens ,we might then see some actual defending going on its fcking laughable at the moment.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1721: Oct 21, 2014 11:09:52 am
      I actually believe if he spent half as much time actually defending and going for the ball and not the man he would be fine ,and if as demonstrated on the weekend refs are going to start giving pens for the bear hug we are going to be in a whole lotta sh*t because he is the ultimate culprit , just fcking defend man go and attack the ball you might find yourself doing ok then ,

One of the most annoying things in football for me at the moment the bear hug are defenders that piss poor they just cant defend ,i hope the refs take it on board and start dishing out the pens ,we might then see some actual defending going on its fcking laughable at the moment.

There's some training pics around where every time he's not even looking at the ball, only his man and misses every time.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      Reply #1722: Oct 22, 2014 09:55:20 pm
      Just watching the 3rd goal again there. Skrtel missed a header under no pressure, no challenge that led to the goal. Hes a sh*te defender no doubt about it
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1723: Oct 22, 2014 11:31:42 pm
      Just watching the 3rd goal again there. Skrtel missed a header under no pressure, no challenge that led to the goal. Hes a sh*te defender no doubt about it

He has been consistent for the 7 years he has been here in between a few good performances he will always resort to type unfortunately.

Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #1724: Oct 23, 2014 03:36:50 am
      Only thing he tackled all night was the billboard he two footed in the second half. As a pairing they frighten the life out of me, saying that if I'm honest who ever's starting out of the fab 4 me feelings are the same.

Quick Reply