Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Martin Škrtel (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce)

Read 240622 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Martin Skrtel Player Thread
      Reply #1725: Oct 23, 2014 06:57:13 am
      Last year he scored 7 goals when he attacked any of our set peices. This year he hasn't even got his head to the ball nor has Lovren apart from that 1 he scored early in the season. Must be getting in the way of each other. 1 should stay back, preferably Lovren because he looks the likliest out of the 2 to score.

As for his defending, it's sh*t and he needs to sort himself out or he can have a seat on the pine next to Lovren. Never thought I'd say this but F**k give Sakho and Kolo a shot, see how they get on. Try something different please Boss!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1726: Oct 25, 2014 08:28:27 pm
      what he did last season was something special, it will not happen and we should not expect him to score on every corner we have ... what we want from him is to be consistent in defense and less mistake-prone if i could say so
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1727: Nov 23, 2014 11:10:39 pm
      I'm a bit surprised Skrtel has managed to escape criticism today. He had an absolute mare!

The sad part is, I do think he's actually playing at pretty much the same level as last season (something Gerrard, Sterling, Henderson et al haven't been doing). He's just not scoring off set pieces anymore and our overall shittiness is exposing it.
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2014 11:23:59 pm by TheRedMosquito »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1728: Nov 23, 2014 11:15:07 pm
      I'm a bit surprised Skrtel has managed to escape criticism today. He had an absolute mare today!

The sad part is, I do think he's actually playing at pretty much the same level as last season (something Gerrard, Sterling, Henderson et al haven't been doing). He's just not scoring off set pieces anymore and our overall shittiness is exposing it.

Should have been fu**ed off years ago along with Johnson but they seem to be part of Brendan's first team!!

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1729: Nov 24, 2014 04:38:24 am
      I'm a bit surprised Skrtel has managed to escape criticism today. He had an absolute mare!

Agreed there.

Lovren has taken the brunt of the criticism for all our defensive woes, some of this has been deserved and some has not.

Skrtel has been "hiding" behind that and I think the rot needs to stop essentially at fault for 2 of the 3 goals yesterday (the 1st where he was admiring Bolaise's haircut and allowing him to drift across the field unchallanged, the third was something he has been doing for years now needless shirt tugging on a player which he should be able to out muscle quite easily)

The list of players that Skrtel has played along and we have struggled include, Sami Hyppia, Carragher, Agger, Toure, Sakho and now Lovren and more often then not we have been very vulnarable to conceding stupid goals. You'd think there is a common denominator amongst that list of players and it's Martin Skrtel.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #1730: Nov 24, 2014 07:53:44 am
      Smallest lad on the pitch he was up against and he tugs his shirt in front of the Ref. He didn't need to do it and it caught up with him and cost us, although it was a fantastic free kick from their Aussie Captain.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1731: Nov 24, 2014 09:43:24 am
      Smallest lad on the pitch he was up against and he tugs his shirt in front of the Ref. He didn't need to do it and it caught up with him and cost us, although it was a fantastic free kick from their Aussie Captain.

A good 12 years ago I played with Jedinak at Sydney united, small F***ing world he turns up and scores a worldy against my beloved club.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #1732: Nov 24, 2014 09:50:49 am
      A good 12 years ago I played with Jedinak at Sydney united, small f**king world he turns up and scores a worldy against my beloved club.

Mate at one stage when he was breaking up play, getting tackles in and doing the sort of stuff a DM normally does, I was thinking f**k me, this lad should be playing for us. Mind you I said the same about Bolasi.

PS Whay aren't u playing in the Premier League bud? You would do a sh*t load better than a lot of the overpaid prima donnas we have running around at the moment.. * Cough * Johnson * Cough*

I guaranfuckingtee ya that in the off season, we'll go and buy Bolasi and that Gayle c**t.  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1733: Nov 24, 2014 09:58:03 am
      Mate at one stage when he was breaking up play, getting tackles in and doing the sort of stuff a DM normally does, I was thinking f**k me, this lad should be playing for us. Mind you I said the same about Bolasi.

PS Whay aren't u playing in the Premier League bud? You would do a sh*t load better than a lot of the overpaid prima donnas we have running around at the moment.. * Cough * Johnson * Cough*

I guaranfuckingtee ya that in the off season, we'll go and buy Bolasi and that Gayle c**t.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mile is class I read last year he was the PL player that covered the most kilometres and won the most tackles in the entire league. He looks like he's stepped up even more this season and does everything a proper DM should do like you said mate.

As for me never had the pace to begin with nor the connections either mate to kick on Mile had the right contacts to move from Sydney for a stint in the Croatian league something I couldn't oaf ford or be privy to.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #1734: Nov 24, 2014 10:08:40 am
      Mile is class I read last year he was the PL player that covered the most kilometres and won the most tackles in the entire league. He looks like he's stepped up even more this season and does everything a proper DM should do like you said mate.

As for me never had the pace to begin with nor the connections either mate to kick on Mile had the right contacts to move from Sydney for a stint in the Croatian league something I couldn't oaf ford or be privy to.

Fair enough mate, next time you talk to him, tell him to never F***ing score against us again and tell his mate F***ing Gayle, the same thing.  ;)
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1735: Nov 24, 2014 10:11:06 am
      Fair enough mate, next time you talk to him, tell him to never f**king score against us again and tell his mate F***ing Gayle, the same thing.  ;)
      Mate don't get me started on that Gayle fellow the only time he ever fuckng scores is against us little c**t.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #1736: Nov 24, 2014 10:14:34 am
      Yep Dado mate, said it in the match thread at the time....he hasn't started for them all season, I'm pretty sure, get's a start and F***ing scores again. Always happens to us. Bet ya he wouldn't do that against The Chavs, The Arse or those two Manc F***ing Clubs.

Does my F***ing nut in.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #1737: Nov 24, 2014 02:59:19 pm
      Agreed there.

Lovren has taken the brunt of the criticism for all our defensive woes, some of this has been deserved and some has not.

Skrtel has been "hiding" behind that and I think the rot needs to stop essentially at fault for 2 of the 3 goals yesterday (the 1st where he was admiring Bolaise's haircut and allowing him to drift across the field unchallanged, the third was something he has been doing for years now needless shirt tugging on a player which he should be able to out muscle quite easily)

The list of players that Skrtel has played along and we have struggled include, Sami Hyppia, Carragher, Agger, Toure, Sakho and now Lovren and more often then not we have been very vulnarable to conceding stupid goals. You'd think there is a common denominator amongst that list of players and it's Martin Skrtel.

Agree 100 percent. I don't quite understand why we went for another LCB in Lovren when what we really needed was a RCB. Agger and Sakho were perfectly good choices for the left spot.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1738: Nov 24, 2014 03:17:25 pm
      Agree 100 percent. I don't quite understand why we went for another LCB in Lovren when what we really needed was a RCB. Agger and Sakho were perfectly good choices for the left spot.

Sakho was a committee buy and Rodgers never wanted him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #1739: Nov 24, 2014 03:31:39 pm
      Sakho was a committee buy and Rodgers never wanted him.

We're not doing this sh*t again, are we? "Kenny buy," "Comolli buy." It's all bullshit.

If Brendan never wanted Sakho he shouldn't have started him so much.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1740: Nov 24, 2014 03:49:35 pm
      We're not doing this sh*t again, are we? "Kenny buy," "Comolli buy." It's all bullshit.

If Brendan never wanted Sakho he shouldn't have started him so much.

Has he really started him that much?
      As soon as Skrtel got over his injury he is straight back in the team and you yourself asked the question why buy Lovren when Sakho is a LRB, you answered your own question mate.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #1741: Nov 24, 2014 04:19:40 pm

Has he really started him that much?
      As soon as Skrtel got over his injury he is straight back in the team and you yourself asked the question why buy Lovren when Sakho is a LRB, you answered your own question mate.

We sold Agger? (or were planning to when we bought Lovren?)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1742: Nov 24, 2014 05:01:47 pm
      We sold Agger? (or were planning to when we bought Lovren?)

We didn't get rid of Agger we got rid of his Wage bill
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #1743: Nov 26, 2014 09:37:19 pm
      This guy does my F***ing head in. The sooner he is sold the better.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,238 posts | 2815 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1744: Nov 26, 2014 10:07:45 pm
      Hes sh8te
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #1745: Nov 26, 2014 10:13:15 pm
      Skrtel has lost the F***ing plot.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1746: Nov 26, 2014 10:34:30 pm
      Never liked him, never will, he looks like a bellend in our defence. Last season he scored some goals to take away the eyes on his defensive play.

Tonight he almost got his back broken how many times he was turned inside out.

I would say that maybe we should try a Sakho-Lovren partnership instead of Skrtel-Lovren, maybe Skrtel's chaotic defending to say so, is making the rest of our defenders insecure.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1747: Nov 26, 2014 11:08:47 pm
      Has always been useless and brings those around him to his base level.

Quick Reply