Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Martin Škrtel (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce)

Read 240529 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Re: Martin Skrtel Player Thread
      Reply #1817: Mar 01, 2015 08:42:18 pm
      Is there a better defender in the league the past three months?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,183 posts | 832 
      Reply #1818: Mar 01, 2015 08:51:01 pm
      Had a really good game today, solid and has been for the past few months.

credit where credit is due! keep it up!

:)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1819: Mar 01, 2015 09:51:22 pm
      Not suprised any more. Best defender this season, best defender last season then he had an off season but he was our best defender he season before that one too.

All in all he's our best defender at the club.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1820: Mar 01, 2015 09:52:55 pm
      Not suprised any more. Best defender this season, best defender last season then he had an off season but he was our best defender he season before that one too.

Top 10 defender in Europe this season in my opinion.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1821: Mar 01, 2015 10:15:42 pm
      Fantastic game from Martin.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1822: Mar 01, 2015 11:02:07 pm
      I think Skrtle had an utterly wretched first half of the season. Was like watching the chuckle brothers with him and Lovren. I've never been his biggest fan but credit where credits due - he's a different player and has looked as good as he's ever done in a Liverpool shirt. He is thriving playing alongside two other CDs and I think a lot of credit has to go to Sakho as well for coming back in and imposing himself immediately giving instilling confidence in the players around him. Sakho is still our best defender but Skrtle's a fine compliment. An incredible turnaround.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1823: Mar 01, 2015 11:32:34 pm

Seconded.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1824: Mar 02, 2015 07:58:44 pm
      I think Skrtle had an utterly wretched first half of the season. Was like watching the chuckle brothers with him and Lovren. I've never been his biggest fan but credit where credits due - he's a different player and has looked as good as he's ever done in a Liverpool shirt. He is thriving playing alongside two other CDs and I think a lot of credit has to go to Sakho as well for coming back in and imposing himself immediately giving instilling confidence in the players around him. Sakho is still our best defender but Skrtle's a fine compliment. An incredible turnaround.

Agree. Although I don't think Sakho is our best defender, he still dallies on the ball too much for my liking, personally think him and Skrtel are at the same level but he is young and just going to get better. Doesn't help having quite a few injuries though but him and Skrtel together, along with Can is certainly the strongest we have looked defensively for a while, certainly this season.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1825: Mar 02, 2015 08:26:15 pm
      Middle of the back 3, the man has really fronted up and is the main reason our defense has improved. Has been excellent on the ball and in the tackle. Can see the determination in his play. Things were pretty bad not so long ago - to put the brakes on that slide, and turn it around - takes huge effort and Martin has not been found wanting. Best defender by a ways for last few months. Nice Skirts ! :)
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #1826: Mar 02, 2015 08:38:45 pm
      Middle of the back 3, the man has really fronted up and is the main reason our defense has improved. Has been excellent on the ball and in the tackle. Can see the determination in his play. Things were pretty bad not so long ago - to put the brakes on that slide, and turn it around - takes huge effort and Martin has not been found wanting. Best defender by a ways for last few months. Nice Skirts ! :)

Too right. He's done himself proud on a few fronts. None more so than proving Brendan wrong when he first came in and gave Skrtle the cold shoulder. He could well have done a Danny and spat the dummy out.

Too many have been too quick in knocking Skrtle. 
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1827: Mar 03, 2015 04:48:18 pm
      How long has he got left on his current contract as it surly must be up for renewal also along with Hendo,Lucas,Sterling!!

we need to nip these deals in the bud now the financial reports are published we can start sorting them out
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1273 
      Reply #1828: Mar 03, 2015 06:46:32 pm
      I think Skrtel epitomises this year for us.

I thought he was a complete joke, a clown without makeup, a real fool - I didn't just slate him, I absolutely tore into him. Now he's imperious - genuinely brilliant, playing world class. I don't think I've ever seen a player go from so bad to so good in such a short time. And this coincides with the team - so bad but now so good.

I have openly apologised for that, and I am full to the brim of humble pie. Just a lesson that we shouldn't slate players because it can totally turn on it's head!

He certainly epitomises this season - a very very strange season.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1829: Mar 03, 2015 07:16:34 pm
      Skrtel has been immense since we switched to the back 3. I think a big part of that is he's playing the deepest of them and there's less responsibility on him to receive the ball and start play ticking. He's always been a better defender the closer he is to our box, and now having Can, a midfielder, and a fit Sakho, a great ball-playing CB, flank him have been perfect.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1830: Mar 05, 2015 12:58:03 pm
      how long has he got left on his contract we need a thread detailing how long players contracts are and what they earn.. can anyone work on this.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1831: Mar 05, 2015 01:25:02 pm
      we need a thread detailing how long players contracts are and what they earn.. can anyone work on this.
      I nominate you AJ.  :gt-happyup:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #1832: Mar 05, 2015 01:34:51 pm

Seconded. Got yourself a job there AJ.

Back to Martin and he has been a fantastic player for us over his time here and yet again has been one of our top performers this season.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1833: Mar 05, 2015 01:45:06 pm
      Seconded. Got yourself a job there AJ.

Back to Martin and he has been a fantastic player for us over his time here and yet again has been one of our top performers this season.
      hahah me and my big mouth i will see if i can google it somehow there must be a site out there listing all the contracts surly

back to martin yer he's been a rock defo our new Vice captain and i hope he's given a new deal in the summer
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1834: Mar 06, 2015 09:48:32 am
      I think Skrtel epitomises this year for us.

I thought he was a complete joke, a clown without makeup, a real fool - I didn't just slate him, I absolutely tore into him. Now he's imperious - genuinely brilliant, playing world class. I don't think I've ever seen a player go from so bad to so good in such a short time. And this coincides with the team - so bad but now so good.

I have openly apologised for that, and I am full to the brim of humble pie. Just a lesson that we shouldn't slate players because it can totally turn on it's head!

He certainly epitomises this season - a very very strange season.

Thought I was reading The Simon Mignolet thread for a moment, had to check.  ;)
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #1835: Mar 06, 2015 03:43:01 pm
      My best defender this season and the previous one.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1836: Mar 08, 2015 08:47:42 pm
      Hope he is ok was a bit of a hard landing.

Get well soon Martin.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1837: Mar 08, 2015 09:57:21 pm
      Was very worried for the guy when he was down for so long. Didn't think it was concussion, thought he had sustained a serious back issue. Was a relief to see he was fully aware of his surrounding when he was taken off.

Hope to see him back next week. Get well soon Martin!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1838: Mar 08, 2015 10:59:32 pm
      Looked pissed he was on a stretcher :D Ripped off the neck support as he was being taken off. Loved that attitude but safety first. As long as he's sound, which by all reports he is.

We looked bloody sh*te and shaky without him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1839: Mar 09, 2015 12:32:29 am
      Looked pissed he was on a stretcher :D Ripped off the neck support as he was being taken off. Loved that attitude but safety first. As long as he's sound, which by all reports he is.

We looked bloody sh*te and shaky without him.

He's such a hard nut :D Was scary to see him not get up though, very rare that that happens.

Quick Reply