Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Martin Škrtel (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce)

Read 240540 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Martin Skrtel Player Thread
      Reply #2024: Oct 31, 2015 06:02:59 pm
      unfairly picked out in my opinion always give his very very best and seems settled with Sahko. Played really well today put himself in the way as usual.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #2025: Nov 02, 2015 04:56:05 am
      Consistency is his biggest enemy.

consistency has been Liverpool Football Clubs biggest enemy since the late 00s. we must have some perspective.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2026: Nov 02, 2015 08:04:21 am
      Consistently our top defender - honest eyewitness statement supported by statistical evidence. Fact. Imperious (again) at the weekend. Fact.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 339 
      Reply #2027: Nov 21, 2015 08:07:10 pm
      Imperious again today.  I've had a pop or two recently, and its not really in my nature to have a go at our lads.

I'm absolutely delighted with the man, and especially for his recent performances and that goal today.

Take a bow, Martin.  You are heading for legend status.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2028: Nov 21, 2015 08:08:50 pm
      Made up for a school boy error that cost us a goal with an absolute thunderbolt. Well in Marty.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2029: Nov 22, 2015 09:26:52 am
      That goal yesterday gets better every time you watch it, hit with real venom, many many top strikers would have been proud of that finish, sublime.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2030: Nov 22, 2015 10:23:33 am
       ;D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2031: Nov 22, 2015 10:48:51 am
      Was brilliant yesterday, well done Martin.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2032: Nov 22, 2015 02:44:15 pm
      One of those 'haveeee it' shots.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #2033: Nov 22, 2015 03:01:11 pm
      Think he will have a strong season under Klopp, reminders of the season under Kenny in which Martin was strong at the back.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1273 
      Reply #2034: Nov 22, 2015 06:46:26 pm
      He looks completely different now - I thought he was brilliant and I think it was arguably his best game for us. He may have made a mistake in the build up to their goal BUT in fairness to him, he had the right idea in trying to get the ball forward instead of passing backwards, and Clyne should never have passed back, and prior to that, Mignolet should have booted it up the field. He also saved me from what I felt was an oncoming heart attack - I was tearing myself up inside. Despite us controlling the game, I knew City were a team that could just wake up all of a sudden. Thank god we didn't allow them to.

I'm not one to praise Skrtel either - in fact I outright slated him, and wanted him sold. But he has fitted with Klopp like hand in glove. There's nothing better than being proven wrong by a player in a team you support. Last night, humble pie never tasted so good.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2035: Nov 22, 2015 07:10:45 pm
      Actually think that's the best ninety we've ever gotten out of him, one mistake, that got punished, but only one.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      Reply #2036: Nov 22, 2015 08:32:36 pm
      Lashed that f**ker in! What a hit!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #2037: Nov 23, 2015 06:58:31 am
      Lashed that f**ker in! What a hit!

Really felt like he scored the winning goal to me. I know it sounds strange when we won 4-1 and his was the last goal, but until that went in I was living on my nerves and felt there was still the threat of a citeh comeback.

Thought he had an excellent game with the goal being the cherry on top. Although Jürgen didn't seem too happy with our defence in his post match interview, I am sure he was delighted with Martin. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2038: Nov 23, 2015 12:43:21 pm
      He's just a very good defender with an eye for a goal. Gets in my starting team every time.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2039: Nov 23, 2015 07:14:09 pm
      Gotta give tons of credit to Skrtel. I thought he would be one who would play poorly under Klopp's system, but it's very much been the opposite, for the most part. Excellent against City.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      Reply #2040: Nov 23, 2015 08:04:37 pm
      Really felt like he scored the winning goal to me. I know it sounds strange when we won 4-1 and his was the last goal, but until that went in I was living on my nerves and felt there was still the threat of a citeh comeback.

Thought he had an excellent game with the goal being the cherry on top. Although Jürgen didn't seem too happy with our defence in his post match interview, I am sure he was delighted with Martin. 

I know what you mean about not feeling safe till that 4th went in. Those cu*ts can rip you apart in a matter of minutes so when that 4th went in, I knew it was Game, Set, Match  motherfuckers!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #2041: Nov 24, 2015 05:31:56 am

Me same mate :D
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #2042: Nov 24, 2015 12:53:02 pm
      I've always loved this guy, even during his patchy spells the last few seasons. He's as tough as nails, reliable and dependable throughout each season. Always love to see him get forward, and even provided a decent threat last year when we threw him up top as desperation. So happy to see him score and be rewarded for his hard work, and hopefully more to come.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2043: Nov 24, 2015 01:43:24 pm
      He's just a very good defender with an eye for a goal. Gets in my starting team every time.

same here mate I love players who are going to take one for the team and this lad gives all he can.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2044: Nov 24, 2015 02:59:02 pm
      great goal glad him and lovren not causing us to many worries at the back its good to have health competition so hopefully lovren can gain some confidence and start getting the odd goal or two and keep improving.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2045: Nov 24, 2015 08:29:25 pm
      When Skrtel scores, he tends to then get a couple more over the coming games, hopefully this continues.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Re: Martin Škrtel Player Thread
      Reply #2046: Dec 22, 2015 02:30:29 pm
      Physioroom.com are reporting that Skrtel is facing an extended period of time out as the he awaits results from his hamstring scan. They say the club are fearing the worst.
      Looks like this could be 6-8 weeks out! Definately need a centre back in the transfer window.

Quick Reply