Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Martin Škrtel (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce)

Read 239739 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Martin Škrtel Player Thread
      Reply #2231: Jun 29, 2016 07:38:06 pm
      He's come out saying it wasn't him using his Instagram. He has a friend managing his social media accounts from time to time.

I am truly sorry for the situation and for what was written under my name. These days, when I am very busy I have asked my close friend to help me manage my social media profiles. He got taken away and he did not realise how serious the comments may appear. I would like to stress that the opinion he expressed is not my opinion."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHPuJctDIYZ/?taken-by=martin37skrtel&hl=en

Obviously people will want to carry on saying all sorts of sh*t about him though so crack on...
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2232: Jun 29, 2016 07:41:37 pm
      He's come out saying it wasn't him using his Instagram. He has a friend managing his social media accounts from time to time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHPuJctDIYZ/?taken-by=martin37skrtel&hl=en

Shhhh! If you say that then our loyal supporters wont be able to call him a w**ker!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2233: Jun 29, 2016 07:43:25 pm
      Shhhh! If you say that then our loyal supporters wont be able to call him a w**ker!

It's amazing how much people jump the gun and start abusing him on a whole different level without knowing the full story. I just never got why he would openly say Klopp's a dickhead on his Instagram where the public can see it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2234: Jun 29, 2016 08:03:18 pm
      You must have a short or selective memory. There was a time when Martin was a very good defender that always left it all on the field.
      I dont get the hatred shown towards Skrtel, ok he's been poor for the last few seasons, but that happens to some players, sometimes they burn out before their time.
      He's absolutely wrong to go out this way, spitting the dummy is unnecessary.

He was best when we played our most regressive, conservative football in the years 2009-2012. Says everything about his limitations.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2235: Jun 29, 2016 08:16:31 pm
      He was best when we played our most regressive, conservative football in the years 2009-2012. Says everything about his limitations.

Horses for courses spring to mind, he served a purpose, then was dropped when it was seen he wasn't able to do what was asked, maybe a little bit later than he should have been, but my point stands, he wasntalways sh*t!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2236: Jun 29, 2016 08:16:48 pm

he did well in 2012 as I remember . scored a few goals but as we have been discussing Liverpool greats its clear when you compare him his level really was never what was needed.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2237: Jun 29, 2016 08:42:10 pm
      https://www.instagram.com/martin37skrtel/

“I am truly sorry for the situation and what was written under my name,” he posted on Instagram. “These days, when I am very busy, I have asked my close friend to help me manage my social media profiles.

“He got taken away and he did not realise how serious the comments may appear.

“I would like to stress that the opinion he expressed is not my opinion.”

So quick to hang when it suits, I despair at times.

Always awesome when you can blame someone or something else for your screwups ;D

Jolean Lescott comes to mind.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2238: Jun 29, 2016 08:48:10 pm

“I am truly sorry for the situation and what was written under my name,” he posted on Instagram. “These days, when I am very busy, I have asked my close friend to help me manage my social media profiles.

Way to throw your "close friend" under the bus, Martin.

And how the F**k is any professional footballer so "very busy" they can't handle their own social media?

Jolean Lescott comes to mind.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2239: Jun 29, 2016 08:53:24 pm

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2240: Jun 29, 2016 09:23:08 pm
      Skrtel might not have typed that out but hes obviously been bitching to his friends about Jürgen

I liked Martin, in fact I still like Martin and I still rate him in the right set up. No question for a time he was gery good for us.

Now its best to call it quits and move on however. This aint a great way to end it but there we have it.

Footballers and social media - lethal combination.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2241: Jun 29, 2016 09:42:51 pm
      Skrtel might not have typed that out but hes obviously been bitching to his friends about Jürgen

I liked Martin, in fact I still like Martin and I still rate him in the right set up. No question for a time he was gery good for us.

Now its best to call it quits and move on however. This aint a great way to end it but there we have it.

Footballers and social media - lethal combination.

Maybe he has been bitching about him but that shouldn't be held against him, not everybody gets on with the same person.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2242: Jun 29, 2016 09:51:26 pm
      8 years at the club, will never go down as a great. Says it all.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2243: Jun 29, 2016 09:57:54 pm
      8 years at the club, will never go down as a great. Says it all.

So somebody can't just be a solid defender? OK!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2244: Jun 29, 2016 10:04:38 pm

Yeah I doubt Lucas would go down as a great either but that does not mean he was not good for the club and vice versa.

Typical anymore when someone goes out the door its a big boot into they're backside...some players do deserve it (Balotelli, Aspas etc) never seen Skrtel not try for the club or not give his best.

Appreciate the 8 years and if your angry about the way he played be angry at the club for not buying better.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2245: Jun 29, 2016 10:09:03 pm
      Don't really care one way or the other, but it's foolish for Skrtel to act like he played no part. Why do people always have to take one side or the other?

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2246: Jun 29, 2016 10:09:50 pm
      Don't really care one way or the other, but it's foolish for Skrtel to act like he played no part. Why do people always have to take one side or the other?

Suppose it's everyone having an opinion..which of course is very very important.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2247: Jun 29, 2016 10:11:12 pm
      Suppose it's everyone having an opinion..which of course is very very important.

It's not actually...just trust Klopp and all will be fine.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2248: Jun 29, 2016 10:19:38 pm
      It's not actually...just trust Klopp and all will be fine.

Now FL....I could pick out 1/2 dozen posts you had with Fed several years ago where you were saying the same thing about trusting Brendan.

So I have now become you and you have morphed into Fed.....Think I got the better of that transition. :)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2249: Jun 29, 2016 10:20:49 pm
      You two honestly............  :roll:   :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #2250: Jun 29, 2016 10:23:10 pm
      So I have now become you and you have morphed into Fed.....Think I got the better of that transition.

I'm not so sure mate.

Only joking FL.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2251: Jun 29, 2016 10:23:12 pm
      You two honestly............  :roll:   :D

Yeah I know....I brought that one on :)

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2252: Jun 30, 2016 08:28:41 am

Where has this myth of him being this solid defender come from?

He is bloody shambolic. He makes massive mistakes each and every game he plays.

Never established himself as one of the leagues best centre halves during his time here. He didn't even establish himself as our best centre half during his time here!

He has been at the heart of all our defensive woes for years. Some fans are completely blinded by it and like to think he's some scary tough defender which is just bollocks.

How he has lasted this long here I'll never know. We will be far stronger as a team/squad without martin Skrtel in it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2253: Jun 30, 2016 08:45:32 am
      Where has this myth of him being this solid defender come from?

He is bloody shambolic. He makes massive mistakes each and every game he plays.

Never established himself as one of the leagues best centre halves during his time here. He didn't even establish himself as our best centre half during his time here!

He has been at the heart of all our defensive woes for years. Some fans are completely blinded by it and like to think he's some scary tough defender which is just bollocks.

How he has lasted this long here I'll never know. We will be far stronger as a team/squad without martin Skrtel in it.

2011/12 he must have had a decent season voted player of the season by LFC fans?

Quick Reply