Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Daniel Agger (Liverpool -> Brondby)

Read 219203 times
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 233 posts | 30 
      Daniel Agger (Liverpool -> Brondby)
      Aug 03, 2006 08:42:23 am
      Anyone know what has happend to Daniel Agger ????

He had 4 promising games then disappeared off the face of the planet.

Seen absolutely nothing of him pre-season. Not on the bench, nor in the stands.

Hyypia, Hobbs, Palletta, even Traore have played centre-half during the pre-season, with Carra on his way.

Is this guy injured or is the more to this than meets the eye? Just that there has been no mention from the club about him for ages.

Anyone shed any light ?
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2014 03:49:50 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Daniel Agger aka Lord Lucan
      Reply #1: Aug 03, 2006 10:02:25 am
      Agger started this pre-season injured and he wasn't seen much last season due to the fact that rafa thought he needed to build himself up and become a bit of a stronger player expect to se much more of him this season as hyypia will not play as many games this yr
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #2: Aug 03, 2006 11:53:53 am
      From what i have seen of agger he is fantastic! u may not have seen him play to often for the reds but cast your mind back to england v denmark! he marked Rooney out of the game and the Danish won 4-1! Hes out injured at the minute but when he comes back he'l be pushing palleta and hobbs for a place in the first 11
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 03, 2006 03:52:19 pm
      Dan agger is one of the best defenders in europe be for he joined us. but he got injory after injory, but he will be back and mark rooney and co out of the game again.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #4: Aug 03, 2006 04:13:28 pm
      does anybody know how longs he's out for?? Have to say only seen alittle of him but he does look class!!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #5: Aug 03, 2006 07:43:29 pm
      He's got an ankle injury at the moment but according to the local press he should be back before the season starts.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #6: Aug 04, 2006 07:27:23 am
      hes got a knock, not too serious by all acounts
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #7: Aug 15, 2006 02:43:27 pm
      **message deleted - don't post in CAPS**
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #8: Aug 15, 2006 02:54:42 pm
      with any luck he'll be the man to replace sami. expect agger to play bout 40% of games inplace of hyypia this season.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #9: Aug 15, 2006 04:34:06 pm
      Quote from: "riise' boot boy"
      with any luck he'll be the man to replace sami. expect agger to play bout 40% of games inplace of hyypia this season.

I agree, as much as I love Big Sami he's lacking a bit of pace now and against teams that have plenty of pace I think we'll see more of Agger............Althoug h I seem to have been saying Sami's on his way out for the last two years and he's got better and better! I think the big man will relish the fight for a place in the side!  ;D
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #10: Aug 15, 2006 07:18:14 pm
      agger will come in wen sami is out of it... sami is strong but he is gettin on now so thats where agger will come in
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #11: Aug 17, 2006 11:09:24 am
      sami still first choice for sure but by resting him agger and palletta will get valuable experience and sami will be fresh for when we need him most
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Daniel Agger
      Reply #12: Dec 26, 2007 02:56:24 pm
      Cant wait for the lad's return  ;) :)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N158178071226-0902.htm

Daniel Agger could hand Rafael Benitez a new year boost by returning to first team action over the festive programme

The Danish defender hasn't played since breaking a metatarsal in mid-September, but with the aid of new boots Benitez is hoping Agger can play some part in the club's hectic holiday fixture list.

But with Xabi Alonso suffering a recurrence after returning from a similar injury last month, the manager isn't prepared to take any chances over the fitness of his influential defender.

"He is very close but I can't say which game it will be," said Benitez. "With Xabi Alonso, he was ready for playing against Arsenal but then we needed to start again.

"So with Agger we want to go slowly and be sure that he'll be okay. He changed the boots the last time, and I was talking with the doctor and they told me he's okay.

"He's kicking the ball much better than before because he had some problems. With training it was okay, but with boots he had some problems.

"It depends on where you put your weight in the foot so the sole of the boots needs to change. It depends if he is comfortable.

"Now with the new boots he's been using the ball and maybe in the next days we should see a very good situation with him."

« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2008 12:17:50 pm by JD »
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Re: Daniel Agger - Close to Return
      Reply #13: Dec 26, 2007 02:57:51 pm
      We have missed him bigtime in centre half
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #14: Dec 26, 2007 03:00:48 pm
      What a present that would be.  I think we have been playing reaonably well without Agger so far this season but when he returns we will have that much needed youth and energy at the back that has been a bit of a problem for us of late.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #15: Dec 26, 2007 03:23:49 pm
      I think that Carra and Hyypia have done an incredible job.  People were quick to write off Hyypia but for me I still think he has proved that he has another season in him.  Its the experience and ore of having him on the pitch.  Yes, it would be great to have Agger back, but for me, this period has given me confidence to relying on Hyypia for another year in the squad.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #16: Dec 26, 2007 03:50:55 pm
      Nice to see finally read this story on the official website this morning. Have to say it really is looking up as we have players coming back from injury while teams like the Chavs gooners and the scum all have players going out with injury. Perhaps the worm has turned....
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: Dec 26, 2007 07:24:30 pm
      Certainly is nice news but how come he's been out so long? Three and a half months out after breaking his metatarsal? Doesn't that usually take about six weeks to heal fully?

As it's already been said, Hyypia and Carra have done a sound job together since he's been out. So I hope Agger comes back and regains the understanding with Carra. Defence is obviously a very important part of the game, so if Agger is a bit rusty after so long out, I can only imagine it would be best to ease him back into the team very slowly and make sure he's ditched the footie boots that are like slippers!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #18: Dec 26, 2007 07:30:24 pm
      Certainly is nice news but how come he's been out so long? Three and a half months out after breaking his metatarsal? Doesn't that usually take about six weeks to heal fully?

As it's already been said, Hyypia and Carra have done a sound job together since he's been out. So I hope Agger comes back and regains the understanding with Carra. Defence is obviously a very important part of the game, so if Agger is a bit rusty after so long out, I can only imagine it would be best to ease him back into the team very slowly and make sure he's ditched the footie boots that are like slippers!

Not sure why he's took much longer! We haven't half missed him, be made up to have him back!

Jamie and Sami have played well together but it's reassuring we've got some younger legs coming back who can play more consecutive games! ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #19: Dec 26, 2007 11:00:42 pm
      I'm worried that he needs 'special' boots.  That doesn't sound 'nearly fit' to me at all.

Not worth the risk just yet.  Not until he's in proper boots anyway.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #20: Dec 26, 2007 11:13:34 pm
      The way I read it wasn't that he's using special boots, rather that he's changed the boots he's using on a permanent basis to avoid a recurrance of the injury?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #21: Dec 28, 2007 05:14:32 pm
      today Rafa said "If Sami doesn't play then we can think about using Daniel. He is training and is very close now." 
      That is good 'cos he is very good young player but he is little unfit.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #22: Dec 28, 2007 05:18:32 pm
      Love to see him back, good left peg. A classy defender. And our defence has struggled since he left. Becoming watertight again, but we need him.

Quick Reply