Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Daniel Agger (Liverpool -> Brondby)

Read 219190 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Daniel Agger - Close to Return
      Reply #23: Dec 28, 2007 05:31:30 pm
      Love to see him back, good left peg. A classy defender. And our defence has struggled since he left. Becoming watertight again, but we need him.
      that's true but hyypia filled the place good don't forget he is 34 now. we concerd many goals from penalties, cornres and freekick.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #24: Dec 28, 2007 05:36:39 pm
      that's true but hyypia filled the place good don't forget he is 34 now. we concerd many goals from penalties, cornres and freekick.

Agger will make the whole defence more stable, 2 notable errors in the defence were against Spurs in the 2-2 draw.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      Reply #25: Dec 28, 2007 05:41:03 pm
      Agger will make the whole defence more stable, 2 notable errors in the defence were against Spurs in the 2-2 draw.
      also we need agger 'cos he is much faster than sami and have a good shot also
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #26: Dec 28, 2007 05:44:48 pm
      also we need agger 'cos he is much faster than sami and have a good shot also

Yeah, that slowness was particularly notable in the game against Porto, in the 1-1 draw at the Dragao. But match practice has proven that he is still not finnished yet. I noticed that he and Hobbs formed a good partnership against Bolton.
      AggerDoo
      Reply #27: Dec 28, 2007 06:25:03 pm
      RAFA: SAMI DOUBTFUL, AGGER COULD RETURN
      Paul Eaton 28 December 2007 

Rafael Benitez has hinted Daniel Agger could make his first team comeback at Manchester City on Sunday if Sami Hyypia fails a late fitness test. 
      Hyypia is battling to overcome the ankle injury sustained on Boxing Day and is considered a major doubt for the trip to the City of Manchester stadium.

But the potential loss of the Finnish star could be countered by the return of Agger who has been sidelined since September with a broken metatarsal.

"It will be difficult for Sami," said Benitez. "He is working hard with the physios and we are waiting to see whether he will be available. We will have to wait and see.

"If Sami doesn't play then we can think about using Daniel. He is training and is very close now."

Benitez reported no further injury worries ahead of the game when Liverpool will be bidding to become the first side this season to beat Manchester City at their own stadium.

"It will be a really difficult game because they have a fantastic record at home," he said. "They have a manager with experience and good players who work really hard.

"As always though we have confidence. Our away form has been good this season and we are looking for that to continue on Sunday.

"It's important for us to just keep winning. Other teams around us have been dropping points and if we win matches then at the end of this period we can have a look at the league table and see how things stand."

Glad to see Big Danny Agger returning hes been missed as our football playing centre half
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #28: Dec 28, 2007 06:31:08 pm
      Would actually rather play Hobbs in this game tbh. Agger should play in a game of less importance (no offence to other teams)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #29: Dec 28, 2007 06:33:01 pm
      It will be good to see Danny Agger back in the team,it will make us more secure at the back.While Sami Hypia has done a good job I must admit he had me worried when he played the 1st 3 games, he seemed to have lost his pace and looked nervous on the ball.After those 1st few games he settled and never let us down-Well done Sami Hypia you did us proud.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #30: Dec 28, 2007 06:35:31 pm
      It will be good to see Danny Agger back in the team,it will make us more secure at the back.While Sami Hypia has done a good job I must admit he had me worried when he played the 1st 3 games, he seemed to have lost his pace and looked nervous on the ball.After those 1st few games he settled and never let us down-Well done Sami Hypia you did us proud.
      Also practised his goal scoring in a couple of games. Hope Agger wont do that when he returns.
      Garry1603
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #31: Dec 28, 2007 10:26:48 pm
      Sami has confirmed his legendary status this season. No one thought that he would play this many games and, although he is slow, his football brain has meant that he has kept our defence solid.

Worth another years contract in my opinion. 

Having Agger back though takes us forward again and I think that he will have a great impact on the remainder of the season.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      Reply #32: Dec 29, 2007 08:32:05 am
      Would actually rather play Hobbs in this game tbh. Agger should play in a game of less importance (no offence to other teams)
      I do agree with you but for the reason that agger is not 100% fit. 'cos Hobbs does not have experience like agger but if he( Hobbs ) play carra will help him.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Daniel Agger
      Reply #33: Jan 07, 2008 12:18:11 pm
      Voted best player in Denmark

Daniel Agger has received a timely boost with the news that he has been named Denmark's Footballer of the Year.
      The 23-year-old defender, who has been out since September with a broken metatarsal, beat off competition from Sevilla's Christian Poulsen to land the award that saw him named the best in his homeland by players and coaches of clubs in the top two divisions in the country and Danish players who ply their trade abroad.

It is the perfect tonic to what has so far been a season of frustration for the Dane, who revealed his joy at receiving the award.

He said: "I am extremely proud and honoured to receive this award - not least because it is based on votes from my colleagues."

The former Brondby man enjoyed a fine year alongside Jamie Carragher at the heart of the Reds' defence and played a key role in the club's progress to the final of the UEFA Champions League, scoring the winner in the semi-final second leg victory over Chelsea.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N158305080107-1055.htm
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #34: Jan 07, 2008 12:22:24 pm
      How is this man? Has his special made boot helped - is his comeback on the horizon?
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #35: Jan 07, 2008 12:24:30 pm
      Amen, cannot wait for this fella to get back, brilliant defender we are so much more better defensively with Carra and Agger.

I love Hyppia to pieces he has been a fantastic servant to the club and a phenomenal defender, but hes too old now, he has no pace, it was there to see when he got skinned a few times against the luton winger.

We need agger back and i cannot wait for his return!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #36: Jan 07, 2008 12:43:38 pm
      He chips in with the occasional goal too.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #37: Jan 07, 2008 01:07:48 pm
      While his defence is exelent, I believe his distribution from the back and linking up midfield will be key to our sucess as we go into the secondhalf of the season.

Less long balls! YAY!
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #38: Jan 07, 2008 01:22:51 pm
      I saw his goal against Chelsea on LFC TV again today, bloody excellent! Can't wait for him to make a return.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #39: Jan 07, 2008 07:49:20 pm
      Hoping so much he is back in the sqaud for the Boro game. I was looking on that physio room website but i tend not to trust it much anymore since apparently pennant is a week away from playing again and he played game before last and it still said he was a week away during that match.
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #40: Jan 07, 2008 11:25:55 pm
      agger has to be one of the main positives of last season it's so difficult to find a defender that can play at a high standard from so young hope he's back for the boro game , got his names on my away shirt he has to be one of the best young players in the world
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #41: Jan 08, 2008 07:31:17 am
       Does anyone know what the situation is with Danny Agger,the info coming out of Anfield has been vague.His last game was against Portsmouth on the 15th September, so its getting close to 4 months since he played.We have certainly missed his class ,lets hope we dont have to wait too much longer.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #42: Jan 08, 2008 08:37:31 am
      He chips in with the occasional goal too.
      You mean Thumps in with the occasional goal ;D.
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #43: Jan 09, 2008 04:12:46 pm
      According to the official website, Agger will make his much anticipated return running out for the reserves when they take on blackburn tomorrow evening...

Great news and now with the very probable arrival of the young Slovakian it'll be interesting times among the back four at Anfield Road...
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #44: Jan 09, 2008 04:39:58 pm
      Indeed he is Saffi 7. Some news on gerrard, arbeloa and aurelios injurys in there aswell.

Daniel Agger will make his long-awaited comeback from injury in the reserve match at Blackburn Rovers on Thursday night - and you can watch live on LFC TV or online from 7pm GMT. 

The Danish international has been sidelined with a broken metatarsal since the goalless draw against Portsmouth on September 15.

Reds boss Rafael Benitez is delighted to have Agger available again and has likened his return to making a new addition to his squad.

"Agger will play for the reserve team at Blackburn and for us it's like signing a new player," said Benitez. "He is very close to starting a game for the first team.

"The injury he had wasn't a bad one but we had problems also with Xabi Alonso so we needed to be careful and we have missed him. We will be much better in the second part of this season."

On the injury front the boss is hopeful captain Steven Gerrard will be available for Saturday's trip to Middlesbrough after he missed the FA Cup tie at Luton due to a calf injury.

"He could be available for Saturday," added Benitez. "He is improving a lot with the physios so he could be an option for the next game."

Defensive duo Alvaro Arbeloa and Fabio Aurelio are also making good progress from calf and hamstring injuries respectively and Benitez said the pair will be available again for selection very soon.

"Both players are improving and working with the physios," added the boss. "I think Arbeloa is closer and Fabio will maybe need a bit more time. I think they will both be ready for next week and maybe one of them will be available for our next game."

Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #45: Jan 09, 2008 10:54:59 pm
      Cant wait to see Agger back ! And with the arrival of Skrtel he can be eased back into the squad. However does this mean the end for Hyypia ??? I know he's getting old n all but u cant say he's done bad this season. Lack of pace has been his only big letdown and thats to be expected for a player of his years.

Quick Reply