Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Daniel Agger (Liverpool -> Brondby)

Read 218654 times
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 233 posts | 30 
      Re: Daniel Agger
      Reply #69: Jan 15, 2008 08:56:55 am
      Fricken soft cock agger ffs its a metatrsal not your spine!!!!!

Problem with football is they have made this stupid rule where you have to kick the ball with your feet. Making it rather painful if you have broken bones in them.

Makes running a bit tricky as well.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #70: Jan 21, 2008 02:52:29 am
      The problem with football is that footballers are paid way too much for what they do and with their high incomes could not give a toss really about whether they will play in one week or ten weeks. I fail to understand how with modern technology medicine and resources a club like LFC has dedicated to players can a player be out for so long. One simple solution you dont play you dont get paid.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #71: Jan 21, 2008 04:10:24 am
      excatly
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #72: Jan 28, 2008 07:49:13 pm
      He can't be out for too much longer can we? We really need him here, because he plays the ball out of defense which pushes the team right up. Anyone noticed that we've missed that a lot this season? Shame but I reckon he'll only come back fitter and stronger!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #73: Jan 28, 2008 10:12:15 pm
        Shame but I reckon he'll only come back fitter and stronger!

I hope so.....I just want him back, and if he's fitter and stronger, then all the better, I bet he's dying to get back and play first team football :)

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #74: Jan 29, 2008 02:01:56 am
      The boot players wear now a days are lighter for more speed and mobility, they have dropped in protection Dadorious. The metatarsil is a tricky place to break a bone, you dont know how long it will take to heal. And LFC have one of the best medical staff there is, ask Djibril Cisse.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #75: Jan 29, 2008 11:23:04 am
      i've had this kind of injury before and let me tell you it isnt atall nice. I was playing football at the time aswell and it took me alot of time to get back but its alot more unlikely the same injury will occur again due to the bone having grown back stronger.

I had just come back from injury and everything was going fine in my frst game back and on the stroke of half time i felt the same sharp pain in my foot and hit the deck as they say. It is extremely painful and i felt like it was hell watching our matches game after game and that was just a sunday league game so imagine how danny is feeling.

We should be happy that the reserve game he was set to feature in was postponed because things could be alot worse now.

I am confident he will be back soon though i doubt he will get any more setbacks.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #76: Jan 29, 2008 12:17:37 pm
      From what I saw of Skrtel that lad has mega pace.....I think him and Agger are the future what with Hyppia and Jamie C pushing on a bit.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #77: Feb 02, 2008 02:27:29 pm
      Agger Returns To Training.

Daniel Agger is finally closing in on a first team return - with the aid of a special pair of boots. 
      Agger has been sidelined since September with a metatarsal problem and saw a planned return to action last month put on hold after he felt more discomfort in his foot.

But after working with boot manufacturers adidas in a bid to find a solution to his ongoing problem, the Danish defender is now back in training with his team-mates at Melwood.

"Daniel is back in training which is very good news for us," said Benitez.

"Everyone has been working very hard to find a solution to his problem and he now has a new pair of boots which we hope will make a difference.

"They have been made especially for him by Adidas and they are different from normal boots because they take some of the pressure off the metatarsal that is causing Daniel the problem when he is kicking the ball.

"It would be very good for us if Daniel can prove his fitness because he has become a very important player for us."

Looks like he will be back in action soon. Not getting my hopes up too much due to the past injury recurrances but i think he should be ok this time. Will be fantastic to see him back in the side.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #78: Feb 02, 2008 11:13:37 pm
      Just hope he can keep up his fitness and hopefully return for the remainder of the season, if that means it's gradual then so be it but we need him to be back playing for us soon and relieve Hyypia of some defensive duties.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #79: Feb 02, 2008 11:26:51 pm
      True he has become one of the most important players in our team.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #80: Mar 14, 2008 01:32:09 pm
      AGGER TO UNDERGO SURGERY

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has today revealed that Daniel Agger is unlikely to play again this season.

The Danish defender will undergo surgery on his troublesome metatarsal injury early next week.

"It's a blow for Daniel but we want to get his problem sorted," said Benitez.

"We have defensive cover and Martin Skrtel is playing very well. Daniel will be back for next season."

Hmm...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #81: Mar 14, 2008 01:35:44 pm
      bad news that for Daniel the club and us fans. Hopefully hell come back an even better player for it next season
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #82: Mar 14, 2008 01:39:58 pm
      Fingers crossed eh? It's a blow, but I'd rather he went for surgery now than come back, get injured and be out for longer!

Wishing you a speedy recovery Agger mate! :)
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #83: Mar 14, 2008 01:53:29 pm
      AGGER TO UNDERGO SURGERY

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has today revealed that Daniel Agger is unlikely to play again this season.

The Danish defender will undergo surgery on his troublesome metatarsal injury early next week.

"It's a blow for Daniel but we want to get his problem sorted," said Benitez.

"We have defensive cover and Martin Skrtel is playing very well. Daniel will be back for next season."

Hmm...

B*llocks!!!  As long as they cure the problem it will be worth it. 

All the Best Dan.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #84: Mar 14, 2008 01:57:52 pm
      ...been spending too much time with kewell I think...
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #85: Mar 14, 2008 02:09:09 pm
      Bugger I guess Rafa knew that we needed cover anyway and I think Skrtel has proved worthy of more than just a cover for Agger so far.  Problem is will we play Agger or Skrtel come next season alongside Carra? (pending Agger's fitness)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #86: Mar 14, 2008 04:14:07 pm
      Good luck to Agger with his surgery. Hope he comes back as good a player as before never nice to see a player out for so long.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #87: Mar 14, 2008 04:19:55 pm
      disappointed with the news but at least he'll be fighting fit 4 next season with the injury truly behind him. i didnt really expect that he'd be back 100% this season and as we have the cover the surgery is probably the best option
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #88: Mar 14, 2008 04:25:27 pm
      I just can't get my head around how much of a relatively small injury where bones are concerned, can trouble him for so long.

When he played in the reserves the other week he looked perfectly comfortable.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #89: Mar 14, 2008 04:26:54 pm
      i always thought his injury was a bit more serious than anyone was letting on.  he has been 'very close' and '1 or 2 weeks away' since christmas.  it's a pity he didn't go for the surgery earlier.

anyway, best of luck dan.  hope you come back fitter and stronger next season.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #90: Mar 14, 2008 04:32:45 pm
      I just can't get my head around how much of a relatively small injury where bones are concerned, can trouble him for so long.

When he played in the reserves the other week he looked perfectly comfortable.

Fractured bones can be very tempramental, if they dont heal in exactly the right way it can be agony especially when lamping a football around ;D.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #91: Mar 14, 2008 04:43:34 pm
      Are you indicating that Agger might be injury prone lil cisse?  :o

Quick Reply