Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

AFC Liverpool

Read 140741 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Re: AFC Liverpool
      Reply #115: Oct 27, 2008 01:20:11 am
      due to mounting debts in excess of £20,000 from following the team all over europe over the years I had to call it a day, I was simply lost to the modern game, so prior to last season after Athens with a heavy heart I took the decision to stop going and my cousin took my season ticket on.

No question that must have been a wrench for you.

Although attendances have suffered this season in which every home game the weather has been awful and has affected the gate and away from home nobody in the vodkat league can match our following.
      On the pitch the team are playing superb passing and attacking football which is a throwback to Liverpool teams of yesteryear. The commitment and passion on the pitch matches that of the supporters off it.

Great to hear.  I know about the weather - I was going to go I think the first home game but it was torrential so I ended up jibbing it.

Thanks for posting.  Sounds like something all reds should at least try and see what its like for sure.
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #116: Oct 27, 2008 01:49:15 am
      No question that must have been a wrench for you.

Great to hear.  I know about the weather - I was going to go I think the first home game but it was torrential so I ended up jibbing it.

Thanks for posting.  Sounds like something all reds should at least try and see what its like for sure.

Every home game with the exception of Oldham Town (which was after the Man U game) has been awful weather wise!.

I think the the whole fan owned club scenario has people believing that AFC Liverpool are the same as FC United and are protesting against LFC which isn't the case which I believe is why a lot more reds don't come along. If they came along just the once they would be hooked, it's like going back to the 70's and 80's with the whole atmosphere of the match going experience. It ain't a case of you support AFC or LFC, all the regulars support both, they wear LFC replica shirts to games, we sing LFC (and adapted AFC songs), we stand shoulder to shoulder with our mates and we have a bevvy before and after games to discuss the game, just like we all used to at Anfield.
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #117: Oct 31, 2008 10:25:44 pm
      We all have our off nights mate and some ale got drunk though yesterday mate, pity some of you lot decided to go for the 'hospitality boxes' and go all posh on us after half time!. Can't believe you were all singing out of the clubhouse windows during the second half, go knows what the Eccleshall officials made of it!

ha ha forgot abar that, the paddock Ultras never leave the bar, etc etc.
      « Last Edit: Oct 31, 2008 10:32:42 pm by kingjari »
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      Reply #118: Oct 31, 2008 10:26:47 pm
      It was the quantity he drank redkenny!. (including some I passed to him on the coach!)

I blame you then Tommy  ;)
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      Reply #119: Oct 31, 2008 10:28:51 pm
      Every home game with the exception of Oldham Town (which was after the Man U game) has been awful weather wise!.

I think the the whole fan owned club scenario has people believing that AFC Liverpool are the same as FC United and are protesting against LFC which isn't the case which I believe is why a lot more reds don't come along. If they came along just the once they would be hooked, it's like going back to the 70's and 80's with the whole atmosphere of the match going experience. It ain't a case of you support AFC or LFC, all the regulars support both, they wear LFC replica shirts to games, we sing LFC (and adapted AFC songs), we stand shoulder to shoulder with our mates and we have a bevvy before and after games to discuss the game, just like we all used to at Anfield.

the man is right, everyone should try it at least once, though TBH you'll get hooked if you do.  Well worth it.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #120: Nov 02, 2008 10:55:46 pm
      AFC WIN AGAIN

Joe Curran 02 November 2008

AFC Liverpool kept up their promotion challenge with a 4-0 away win over Stone Dominoes on Saturday. 
      The Reds managed to score three times with only ten men after Ian Johnson was given a straight red card for a late tackle on 40 minutes.

Ndiwa 'King' Kangana got on the scoresheet yet again with a bullet header 20 minutes in and Ryan Wignall, James Croxton and Martin Smeaton made sure of the victory with well-taken strikes in the second half.

The result kept them firmly at the top of the league on the day Derek Goulding picked up his second Manager of the Month award, following AFC's 100 per cent record in October.

Their next match sees them take on New Mills away in the second round of the Vodka Cup on Saturday November 8.

**************************************************************************

Congratulations and Well Done to AFC Liverpool.

Top of the League and Manager of the Month,

Good Luck for Saturday.  ;D

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #121: Nov 03, 2008 12:58:48 am
      What did the opposition have at half time?

Calzone?

Hawaiian?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #122: Nov 03, 2008 02:41:28 am
      Doesn't Fred Flintstone and Barney play for them?

Well in the reds!!
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #123: Nov 04, 2008 01:00:09 pm
      Been to watch A.F.C Liverpool myself a good few times along with my son who is only 10. he loves it.we are both mad reds and will always support Liverpool f.c. But going to watch A.F.C has givin my son the chance to do his apprenticeship he has picked up the word's to more song's at the match and on the coach to away games than the 20 odd games we have got in at Anfield togeter you try getting tickets.He went to the portmouth game last week and when he got home said :not as good as away to Irlam was it dad:.This weekend after the Stone Dommino game in there club house we all stayed behind to see the boys play spurs ,the A.F.C lads came in to join us, my son went round and got them to sign a fixture sheat he riped off the wall and was made up all the way home.So if there is anyone out there thinking about comin to watch them stop thinking and join in ,were all mad red's and still follow Liverpool with pride.I would love to take my son to Anfield and all the away games like I use to in the late 70's and on but I car'nt this way I know he will grow up the Liverpool way .
      « Last Edit: Nov 04, 2008 04:39:35 pm by remy »
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #124: Nov 08, 2008 12:14:03 am
      Been to watch A.F.C Liverpool myself a good few times along with my son who is only 10. he loves it.we are both mad reds and will always support Liverpool f.c. But going to watch A.F.C has givin my son the chance to do his apprenticeship he has picked up the word's to more song's at the match and on the coach to away games than the 20 odd games we have got in at Anfield togeter you try getting tickets.He went to the portmouth game last week and when he got home said :not as good as away to Irlam was it dad:.This weekend after the Stone Dommino game in there club house we all stayed behind to see the boys play spurs ,the A.F.C lads came in to join us, my son went round and got them to sign a fixture sheat he riped off the wall and was made up all the way home.So if there is anyone out there thinking about comin to watch them stop thinking and join in ,were all mad red's and still follow Liverpool with pride.I would love to take my son to Anfield and all the away games like I use to in the late 70's and on but I car'nt this way I know he will grow up the Liverpool way .

Well said Remy, see you at Leek next week mate, I'll take some photies for you tomorrow mate and post on offal.

Remy's 10 year old son Callum loves all the old Anny Road songs and winds all the AFCL Kopites up all the time!
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #125: Nov 08, 2008 12:15:30 am
      Doesn't Fred Flintstone and Barney play for them?

Well in the reds!!

That beaut from the royle family Ralf Little does but he wasn't playing last week against us.
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #126: Nov 10, 2008 05:31:26 pm
      Just to let you know A.F.C lost this weekend to New mills in the cup  2-0 . Can't win um all .
      Next home game is on Wednesday 19 th November V Irlam. come along and try a match
      www.afcliverpool.org
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #127: Nov 11, 2008 03:32:53 pm
      I'll be there.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #128: Nov 15, 2008 01:14:04 am

That beaut from the royle family Ralf Little does but he wasn't playing last week against us.

Well said on the beaut. Soccer AM springs to mind...

Gonna head down on Wed and pop my AFC cherry anyway! Looking forward to it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #129: Nov 15, 2008 01:29:04 am
      Well said on the beaut. Soccer AM springs to mind...

Gonna head down on Wed and pop my AFC cherry anyway! Looking forward to it.

You're only coming down to go the Fusilier! ;)

See you there.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #130: Nov 15, 2008 01:50:18 am
      You're only coming down to go the Fusilier! ;)

Got the glowsticks ready!  ;)
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #131: Nov 16, 2008 01:55:17 am
      Got beat today by Leek CSOB 2-1 away from home. Conditions not best suited to a team like us who like to play attractive attacking football on the floor but the pitch was like a bog as they groundhsare with Leek Town from the Unibond league so the pitch was cut up terrible. The Leek team done that much moaning and appealing to the ref they should all get season tickets for the Gwladys Street at Everton.
      Not one for excuses but the referee and one of his his linesman were dire and they were both from the Staffordshire area, how that worked out I don't know. It's like LFC playing Bolton and two of the officials being from the Bolton area.
      The referee sent off one of their players (only decsion he got right all day) which he took the hump over and decided to push the referee then made his way to the linesman and pushed him about 3 times!. When some AFC fans gave him a bit of stick he tried to start a fight with them!. You couldn't script it and this level of football ain't for the faint hearted. Bad day at the office but we are still top of the league by 3 points and have got the 3 games in hand on second place Wigan Robin Park, whom we play on December 6th.

After 6 Saturday away days on the bounce, we now have a game on Wednesday against Irlam at home followed by a home game next Saturday, then we are back on the road with 3 away games on the bounce, not good with Crimbo coming up but as I have only missed Blackpool away when I was on holiday and I have no intentions of missing any games so roll on Wednesday and Irlam at home!

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Nov 18, 2008 06:58:29 pm by samdoddsred »
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #132: Nov 16, 2008 02:14:54 am
      Just to let you know A.F.C lost this weekend to New mills in the cup  2-0 . Can't win um all .
      Next home game is on Wednesday 19 th November V Irlam. come along and try a match
      www.afcliverpool.org

It was the altitude why we lost here Remy mate!. Plus them being top of the Vodkat Premier division, good site with a great set up!.
      « Last Edit: Nov 16, 2008 02:29:06 am by samdoddsred »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #133: Nov 16, 2008 03:11:13 am
      Quality pic that mate. Next time the reds go there they'll win.

And we'll stick those flags in front of the goal next time.  ;)
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #134: Nov 17, 2008 08:17:45 pm

one of Tommy's  to see the full set get down the match Wednesday .Live football the Liverpool way or watch england on t.v ?
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #135: Nov 17, 2008 08:25:22 pm
      Remy - How come I look to be watching the game whilst me wife has a quick 40 winks by the looks of that photo!
      « Last Edit: Nov 17, 2008 08:31:28 pm by samdoddsred »
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #136: Nov 17, 2008 08:42:52 pm
       :f_whistle:
      « Last Edit: Nov 17, 2008 09:50:26 pm by samdoddsred »
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #137: Nov 17, 2008 09:05:46 pm
      have to ask her that . dreaming of all the two league titles comin are way this season

Quick Reply