Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Jack Hobbs Player Thread

Read 11953 times
      AggerDoo
      Jack Hobbs Player Thread
      Jan 24, 2008 04:15:55 pm
      Iron hope for Hobbs deal
      Scunthorpe close on Liverpool defender
      By Peter Fraser   Last updated: 24th January 2008

Scunthorpe hope to seal a loan deal for Liverpool defender Jack Hobbs ahead of Saturday's Championship clash with Burnley.
      The Iron are looking to bring in defensive reinforcements as they bid to avoid a return to League One and they are set to secure Hobbs until the end of the season.
      And Hobbs is expected to be keen on a move to Glanford Park following Liverpool's record defensive signing of Martin Skrtel from Zenit St Petersburg.
      Hobbs has recently enjoyed a place in Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez's first team following injuries to Daniel Agger and Sami Hyypia.
      However, the £6.5million capture of Skrtel and the impending return to fitness of Agger are expected to limit the 19-year-old centre-back's opportunities at Anfield.
      Scunthorpe manager Nigel Adkins is also keen to add defensive cover to his ranks following West Brom's decision to recall on-loan defender Shelton Martis.
      Hobbs began his career at Lincoln before making a move to Merseyside on his 17th birthday in 2005 and he has made five appearances for Liverpool since that time.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3075609,00.html

I think it would be a good move for him gettin some regular football in. But surely there is better teams than Scunthorpe interested in him.
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2009 12:54:17 am by Court LFC »
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Jack Hobbs (Scunthorpe)
      Reply #1: Jan 24, 2008 04:26:25 pm
      Yeah would be good for him. He's hungry for games after having a taste, just until the end of the season would be great.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #2: Jan 24, 2008 04:36:22 pm
      I think this would be a good move for the Lad. He's a footballing center half and I have hopes he will make it at Anfield. He plays the game the way it should be played and I hope more experience will only help him.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #3: Jan 24, 2008 05:18:19 pm
      Done deal.

Liverpool have announced that centre half Jack Hobbs is to spend the remainder of the season on loan at Championship side Scunthorpe United. 
      The former Lincoln City defender made his first team debut as a last-minute substitute during a 4-2 Carling Cup win at Reading in September 2007, and has made five appearances for Rafa Benitez's team this season.

His last appearance for the first team was the 1-0 Carling Cup defeat by Chelsea.

The 19-year-old reserve team captain joins the Iron who are fighting to stay in the Championship. The loan spell will last until May 5.

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #4: Jan 24, 2008 10:09:37 pm
      It'll do him no harm being involved in a relegation battle, sort of thing that builds character.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Jan 24, 2008 11:37:56 pm
      Good luck to the lad.....I really think he will make it big , but he needs this, so hopefully he'll come back to Anfield one day to take over from Carra...... :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: Jan 25, 2008 02:58:59 am
      Great stuff. Hope he can come back hungry to beat Danny and Martin to the first team.
      Hysén007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #7: Jan 25, 2008 10:49:14 am
      Perfect soloution for him I think, It will do him good to get some gametime on the pitch
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Re: Jack Hobbs goes to Scunthorpe
      Reply #8: Feb 29, 2008 11:19:43 am
      Scunthorpe were known as a passing team under their last manager (I think it was Law's) and if they still play that brand of football then there's no better place to be for Jack over the run in and the experience will be invaluable for his development....
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #9: Mar 01, 2008 08:21:33 pm
      This is the one decision that Rafa has made that I can't get my head around.

Hobbs should NEVER have gone, he needs experience in the first team... he needs to get to know the other players who would grow with him into the first team.

I can see he needs games, but he would get those from the ressies... building up a fantastic understanding with the likes of Mikel San Jose, for later life... so defending between them would be almost automatic or second nature in years to come.

OK a relegation dog fight is character building stuff, but that cannot compare to the being involved in the mecca that is Anfield and the bonding of players at Melwood... just an opinion. Maybe the player himself wanted it... I somehow doubt it.

Jack come back home soon son!

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #10: Mar 03, 2008 06:44:55 am
      Needed games though, i see why he was sent out. Although, i would have kept him to make him learn from Sami, Jamie, Danny and Martin then send him out.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2008 07:14:41 am
       I think he will learn at Scunthorpe and come back for pre season training a better player and ready to challenge for a place in the 1st team squad for next season.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #12: Mar 03, 2008 07:21:42 am
      Regular competitive games will do him, and his carrear no harm! I say good luck to Young Hobbs.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Jack Hobbs
      Reply #13: Jul 25, 2008 04:32:28 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160653080725-1545.htm

Jack Hobbs has signed for League One outfit Leicester City on a season long loan until May 9, 2009. 
      The former Lincoln City defender enjoyed a loan spell at Scunthorpe United last season and is looking forward to his spell with Nigel Pearson's side.

"I am really pleased to have signed and can't wait to get started," said Hobbs.

"Liverpool have some world-class centre backs so I spoke to the boss and he said I was free to go out on loan and gain some experience.

"Leicester showed their interest and I had no hesitation in coming here. This is a massive club with a good manager and top class Premier League facilities.

"I want to help this club get back to the Championship at the first time of asking." 

Good luck to him. He probably wasn't going to get much of a look in this season and he knows that himself.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14: Jul 25, 2008 04:35:29 pm
      Just beat me to it.

Good luck to him, to be honest i cant see him sticking around this club permanently much longer. Hopefully he can impress some clubs for the good of his career.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15: Jul 26, 2008 12:43:18 am
      i think he will get alot of good experience at leicester and will come back anf fight for his place, i would be dissapointed to see him leave for good as he is one for the future
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #16: Jul 26, 2008 04:52:50 am
      I have a hard time seeing him saying with the club. I mean last season I thought he did well when he played when both Sami and Agger was hurt but really shown me how much Rafa rated him at that point when he would rather use Arboloa or Riise to play over him. I think the best thing for Hobbs is to move on from the club because right now we have two players who are not that much older than him really looking like to cement their place for a long time and young CB's like San Jose and Huth who are coming from that end to try and win a spot on the senior squad.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #17: Jul 27, 2008 12:33:45 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160653080725-1545.htm

Jack Hobbs has signed for League One outfit Leicester City on a season long loan until May 9, 2009. 
      The former Lincoln City defender enjoyed a loan spell at Scunthorpe United last season and is looking forward to his spell with Nigel Pearson's side.

"I am really pleased to have signed and can't wait to get started," said Hobbs.

"Liverpool have some world-class centre backs so I spoke to the boss and he said I was free to go out on loan and gain some experience.

"Leicester showed their interest and I had no hesitation in coming here. This is a massive club with a good manager and top class Premier League facilities.

"I want to help this club get back to the Championship at the first time of asking." 

Good luck to him. He probably wasn't going to get much of a look in this season and he knows that himself.

It's true. It's obvious he could  sit whole season on the bench of Liverpool. But he made right choice to go anywhere to get experience. He may show what he is able for.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #18: Aug 16, 2008 11:01:19 pm
      Apparently more than impressing at Leicester City.

I'd be impressed to hear from anybody who lives down that way to the local reaction to him.  Best centre-back at the club I would have expected judging by his outings at Liverpool.

This is one kid we definitely need to bring back to Anfield after his loan deal and Hyypia leaves.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,002 posts | 3349 
      Reply #19: Aug 16, 2008 11:11:21 pm
      He played again today for the Foxes, although I think it was at right back, wherever he played he helped Leicester keep a clean sheet away from home.

This is one kid we definitely need to bring back to Anfield after his loan deal and Hyypia leaves.

Couldn't agree more. Carra's not gettin any younger either so in a few years Jack should and probably will be our third choice for centre half behind Danny Agger and Marty Skrtel
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #20: Aug 17, 2008 01:22:30 am
      This loan spell will be good for him, give him some very good experience and as this could well be Hyypia's last season in a playing role then Hobbs could step straight into his place
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #21: Aug 17, 2008 02:27:58 am
      This loan spell will be good for him, give him some very good experience and as this could well be Hyypia's last season in a playing role then Hobbs could step straight into his place

I agree with this, i dont see why people cant see a future for him at liverpool. Rafa likes to have 4 CB's and when Hyypia does retire who's going to take his place as the fourth CB.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #22: Aug 17, 2008 02:33:32 am
      Lets face it Carra isn't going to be around for ever.  I see Hobbs as our next English centre-back.

Quick Reply