Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Corporate boxes on the Kop?

Read 6481 times
      bob_blah
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 46 posts |
      Corporate boxes on the Kop?
      Jan 25, 2008 10:41:27 am
      I've just had a look at the new images on the LFC website, and was worried about the image of the new Kop. Is it just me, or is that line running through the middle of the Kop starting from the LHS a series of corporate boxes?

Prawn sandwiches and YNWA. Please tell me it isn't so!

« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2008 01:32:51 pm by JD »
      StevieGforce
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Re: Corporate boxes on the Kop
      Reply #1: Jan 25, 2008 11:54:17 am
      That looks crap.
      Boxes on the Kop is bad enough, but half way across?
      I am all for the rest of the design, i think it will be unique, but corporate rules.
      How much will someone be willing to pay for a box on the Kop? It is all about dosh.
      StevieGforce
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reds reveal final 71,000 Seater Anfield
      Reply #2: Jan 25, 2008 12:42:22 pm
      I retract my earlier post.
      Appaently this is a disabled viewing platfrom. ???
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Corporate boxes on the Kop?
      Reply #3: Jan 25, 2008 02:10:42 pm
      I retract my earlier post.
      Appaently this is a disabled viewing platfrom. ???

True, it is wheelchair access!

The corporate seats, if the designers haven't scrapped this notion after the season ticket holders meeting, will be the two middle tiers in the 'Centenary' and Main' stands! As I mentioned in the other thread, everyone at the meeting disagreed with these as the corporate ring around The Emirates is empty for large chunks of the game and no doubt has a huge effect on the atmosphere even when full!

Reports shortly after the meeting suggested less emphasis on money making parts of the stadium so hopefully our opinions were took well! :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #4: Dec 11, 2009 04:18:09 am
      Heard a rumour at the game last night that there could be corporate seats in blocks 105 and 106 of the Kop behind the goal from next season.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #5: Dec 11, 2009 06:01:01 am
      Heard a rumour at the game last night that there could be corporate seats in blocks 105 and 106 of the Kop behind the goal from next season.

That'll help the atmosphere.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Dec 11, 2009 03:23:57 pm
      That sounds f*cking ridiculous. That's the last thing Liverpool Football Club would stoop to.

I expect Tom and George to sanction it then. ::)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Dec 11, 2009 04:56:05 pm

Really? I sincerely hope not  :mad:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #8: Dec 11, 2009 06:19:30 pm

Should of told you when I was speaking to Kenny and JD about it in the Cabbage. Came from another season ticket holder who sits in front of me. I have heard the rumour before, but can't remember where.

It's also worth pointing out that at Baseball stadiums in the US, a lot of the seats directly behind the batters plate are corporate seats, so you can see where the idea's come from!

If the idea came to fruition, consider the club's soul well and truly sold down the river.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #9: Dec 11, 2009 06:50:41 pm
      Should of told you when I was speaking to Kenny and JD about it in the Cabbage. Came from another season ticket holder who sits in front of me. I have heard the rumour before, but can't remember where.

It's also worth pointing out that at Baseball stadiums in the US, a lot of the seats directly behind the batters plate are corporate seats, so you can see where the idea's come from!

If the idea came to fruition, consider the club's soul well and truly sold down the river.

Jeez, HR, although nothing surprises me these days, I would absolutely hate that, as I'm sure most of us would, let's hope and pray nothing comes of it.

I tell you what, I rue the day those Yank bas**rds took over our club.  :mad:

They have turned us from being the best club in Europe to a bloody laughing stock.

They'll be banning You'll Never Walk Alone next and have us singing Star Spangled Banner  :f_steam:
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #10: Feb 25, 2010 10:04:20 am
      So there will be some polite clapping from people in suits if Liverpool score then.

Quick Reply