Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Cricket

Read 384475 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Re: Cricket ?
      Reply #115: Jul 31, 2008 02:05:38 pm
      Great caught and bowled by Jimmy Anderson, still lookin a mile behind them though.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #116: Jul 31, 2008 10:43:49 pm
      Freddie Flintoff absoloutely brilliant. He's brought us within touchin distantce. Just gotta get rid of the last four wickets in tomorrow's mornin session. As a team we're a country mile behind SA, but Flintoff alone has saved our embarrassment. Anderson and Sidebottom have both picked up a wicket each as well, but today is the Freddie show.

Typical Lancs pullin England out the sh*t.

I'd also like the ECB to report Alim Dar to the ICC. He's one blantant cheat. Doesn't give England and in particular Monty Panesar any decisions, especially LBW's. Flintoff had Kallis plum LBW what does Dar do? "not out" f***in cheat. I hope he's not umpirin the 4th test.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #117: Aug 01, 2008 08:40:11 am
      Freddie is the man, he looks like the only one who actually has the desire to win, what a champ.
      SA still looking like they want it more
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #118: Aug 01, 2008 09:22:45 am
      Freddie was fcuking magnificent yesterday, I loved that show of aggresion and competativeness. Got me all excited over the game yesterday something Ive not felt since Freddie was playing at his peek last time. Only one other player ever got me shouting at the TV over cricket and that was Ian Botham him and King Kenny were by idols when I was playing sport at school.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #119: Aug 01, 2008 09:33:33 am
      Freddie was fcuking magnificent yesterday, I loved that show of aggresion and competativeness. Got me all excited over the game yesterday something Ive not felt since Freddie was playing at his peek last time. Only one other player ever got me shouting at the TV over cricket and that was Ian Botham him and King Kenny were by idols when I was playing sport at school.

I know!! I love his passion for the team. Let's hope he can carry on today, and finish SA off today.

But i want Stuart Broad to be recalled again, yes he hasn't been taking many wicket. But his batting average is better than most of the other players in the team, and the England team haven't been batting well at all. I hope he's back for the next test match.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #120: Aug 01, 2008 11:51:49 am
      England want to rest Broad though Bpatel, that's why he's playin for Notts in county cricket. What a f***in joke. The only reason Broad was dropped was because they wanted Collingwood back in the side, and the reason they picked Collingwood is because "he's good in the dressing room". What a fantastic reason to have someone in the side. Won't hit a run, won't pick up many wickets but he's good in the dressing room so he has to play. Nice little cosy club that England side, too many people constantly choosin their mates.

Sidebottom has picked up the wicket of Prince today but Boucher and Morkel are showin resistantce. They lead by 58.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #121: Aug 01, 2008 11:59:52 am
      Morkel's out. Current score 297-8. They lead by 66.

Collingwood and Vaughan have got be dropped. They are playing terribly. Collingwood is having a terrible time, he is one of the best fielders yet he can't even catch simple catches.

Edit: Nel out for 0. Score: 298-9. Ntini coming in.

Bowlers performing well today. I think Freddie inspired them yesterday.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #122: Aug 01, 2008 12:07:06 pm
      Hopefully Strauss and Cook can knock off the runs we trail by. Less than 75 and I'd be happy.

Sidebottom's wicket of Nel was top class bowling. Stumps all over the place.
      RICKY RED
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Reply #123: Aug 01, 2008 12:14:50 pm
      Game on Gentlemen,England are in there with a chance.  Can they take it ??
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #124: Aug 01, 2008 12:21:52 pm
      SA all out. Now let's hope England grab this opportunity with both hands and bat like their life depends on it.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #125: Aug 01, 2008 01:01:47 pm
      Apparently Freddie is not playing as well today i think they over bowling him as he is the only one doing any damage but you risk tiring him out like today.
      Lets see if England can bat this time third innings lucky ;-)
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #126: Aug 01, 2008 03:39:59 pm
      England currently on 115-4, leading by 32 runs.

Again not good batting performance from Vaughan.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #127: Aug 01, 2008 04:37:29 pm
      God bless the English, make the game look hard! :D :D :D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #128: Aug 02, 2008 12:26:53 am
      Another match winning innings from our captain fantastic. A great 17. My god what a f***in joke he is.

Great to see Collingwood get a ton. That should keep his place for the next test. I've doubted Colly recently but today he proved why he was put back in the side. 200 plus lead with four wickets left, a real chance of gettin a 300 run lead as long as Colly and Ambrose stay in for a while. Give the bowlers somethin to bowl at. I can't believe we're in a position to actually win this test. Come on England.

On a side note, Monty's dropped catch :lmao: then he turns round laughin to the crowd while Sidebottom is givin him daggers :lmao: fantastic.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #129: Aug 02, 2008 09:38:05 am
      I'm glad Collingwood made his century, and still not out. He is a good player and I'm glad he's got his confidence and form back. Just need to do something about Vaughan.

Now let's finish the South Africans off!!!!

Also that Monty thing: absolutely hilarious.  :lmao:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #130: Aug 02, 2008 12:21:16 pm
      Ryan Sidebottom just got out for 22. Had a 50 partnership with Colly and played some good shots. Lead is up around 280 now.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #131: Aug 02, 2008 12:32:03 pm
      Uuugghh!! Dammit, Anderson out for 1. Score right now is 363-9.

Edit: England all out for 363. Collingwood out for 135.

SA need 281 runs to win.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #132: Aug 02, 2008 07:24:21 pm
      Well that's it. Series over, we've lost. At least I now don't have to shag Vaughan :D

Outplayed completely. Also a cheatin umpire Aleem Dar didn't help. Monty had Prince out caught, Dar says not out. Monty had Smith plum LBW but Dar says not out. He's a cheat and I hope we report him to the ICC.

Well the fourth test is now pointless from the series point of view but as for rankings points in the ICC rankings...we don't lose as many points if the series ends 2-1 as we would if it was 3-0. So from that sense there's still somethin to play for but as far as I'm concerned the series is over. Then we have the joys of one-day cricket where SA will tear us to shreads because our idea of one day cricket is score 200 runs and think it's enough.

Time to start lookin ahead to the winter tour in Inida.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #133: Aug 03, 2008 01:43:43 pm
      YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSS VAUGHAN'S STEPPED DOWN AS TEST CAPTAIN . Collingwood has stepped down as ODI captain as well.

I think KP will be given the captaincy but my personal choice would be Ian Bell. I think given it to KP would take away his natural game. A bit like Botham in 81. KP would start playin too professionally and not his fluent ambitious self.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #134: Aug 03, 2008 04:25:39 pm
      Wonder who ECB will choose as captain!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #135: Aug 04, 2008 01:07:57 pm
      KP is new captain for both tests and ODI's.

Test squad is KP, Ambrose, Anderson, Bell, Bopara, Broad, Collingwood, Cook, Flintoff, Harmison, Panesar, Sidebottom, Strauss

ODI squad is KP, Anderson, Bell, Bopara, Broad, Collingwood, Cook, Flintoff, Patel, Prior, Sidebottom, Swann, Wright
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #136: Aug 04, 2008 03:49:19 pm
      I feel so proud to such a fine English man Captaining our national side! :f_tongueincheek:
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #137: Aug 04, 2008 03:57:03 pm
      I feel so proud to such a fine English man Captaining our national side! :f_tongueincheek:

He he.. nice one!!

I hope a bit more responsibility will make him think about his team and not just himself!! I hate it when he gets out because of his arrogant attitude, and possibly costs the team the match.

Quick Reply