Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Cricket

Read 384442 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Re: Cricket
      Reply #2668: Mar 01, 2015 07:43:57 pm
      I did actually manage to see the whole Sri Lanka innings (or at least I would of if I hadn't gone for a bath when it started).

And F**k me that was a sickening bowling display from us. We're a joke right now. Anderson, who is arguably the best English bowler I've seen, has looked out of sorts all tournament. Broad, who I've never rated that highly anyway, is getting worse and seems to be picked on reputation right now. Finn, another I've never really rated, is far too expensive - especially in the limited overs. Woakes, who has something about him, has been our best bowler in the tournament so far but that's not saying a lot. The spinners give it a go but aren't top class quality spinners so it's unfair to expect them to be the one who saves the match for us.

Morgan needs to go. Moores should never of come back. The line up needs changing drastically. We need to start a fresh in our spring tour of the Caribbean and then the summer against New Zealand and the Aussies.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2669: Mar 01, 2015 08:59:58 pm
      I did actually manage to see the whole Sri Lanka innings (or at least I would of if I hadn't gone for a bath when it started).

And f**k me that was a sickening bowling display from us. We're a joke right now. Anderson, who is arguably the best English bowler I've seen, has looked out of sorts all tournament. Broad, who I've never rated that highly anyway, is getting worse and seems to be picked on reputation right now. Finn, another I've never really rated, is far too expensive - especially in the limited overs. Woakes, who has something about him, has been our best bowler in the tournament so far but that's not saying a lot. The spinners give it a go but aren't top class quality spinners so it's unfair to expect them to be the one who saves the match for us.

Morgan needs to go. Moores should never of come back. The line up needs changing drastically. We need to start a fresh in our spring tour of the Caribbean and then the summer against New Zealand and the Aussies.

replace them with who ?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #2670: Mar 01, 2015 09:32:01 pm
      Always enjoyed watching cricket Test Matches etc, Have been lucky enough to visit the major cricket ground.s Lords, The Oval Old Trafford but lately felt there is far too much cricket played around the world. tbh tends to de value a great sport. My friends also feel the same way
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2671: Mar 02, 2015 09:33:56 pm

The team I'd pick for the remaining World Cup games is a couple of pages back.

Drop Ballance, bring in Hales, move Bell to three.
      Drop Morgan, bring in Bopara.
      Drop Broad bring in Jordan.
      Drop Finn bring in Tredwell.

Whether that works long-term is debatable. So here's what I'd do long-term.

Hales
      Roy
      Bell
      Root (c)
      Taylor
      Buttler (wk)
      Woakes
      Willey
      Rashid
      Tredwell
      Anderson.

Hales and Roy at the top of the order because they'll belt it to all parts. If it doesn't work out, you've got steady solid players like Bell and Root to follow. Chasing a score, those two at the top could get us above the rate quickly. Setting a total, they would make good use of that batting power play. I've put David Willey in because he offers us something different with his left arm pace bowling. It's basically a choice between him and Harry Gurney and for me, Gurney isn't up to much considering his hype. Adil Rashid, is a player I've always liked. Decent with the bat, as is Willey, down the order and a good spin option. I always like having two spinners in the limited overs game, they can get through their overs quickly and suddenly seven or eight overs have gone in the blink of an eye.

I've kept Anderson in because despite struggling in the World Cup, he's still the best bowler we have.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #2672: Mar 03, 2015 05:01:28 pm
      The team I'd pick for the remaining World Cup games is a couple of pages back.

Drop Ballance, bring in Hales, move Bell to three.
      Drop Morgan, bring in Bopara.
      Drop Broad bring in Jordan.
      Drop Finn bring in Tredwell.

Whether that works long-term is debatable. So here's what I'd do long-term.

Hales
      Roy
      Bell
      Root (c)
      Taylor
      Buttler (wk)
      Woakes
      Willey
      Rashid
      Tredwell
      Anderson.

Hales and Roy at the top of the order because they'll belt it to all parts. If it doesn't work out, you've got steady solid players like Bell and Root to follow. Chasing a score, those two at the top could get us above the rate quickly. Setting a total, they would make good use of that batting power play. I've put David Willey in because he offers us something different with his left arm pace bowling. It's basically a choice between him and Harry Gurney and for me, Gurney isn't up to much considering his hype. Adil Rashid, is a player I've always liked. Decent with the bat, as is Willey, down the order and a good spin option. I always like having two spinners in the limited overs game, they can get through their overs quickly and suddenly seven or eight overs have gone in the blink of an eye.

I've kept Anderson in because despite struggling in the World Cup, he's still the best bowler we have.

i like Roy, seen him play a few times and he's got something, rashid is an interesting one, needs to improve as a bowler, need a left armer and Willey can bat and field unlike gurney. Hope that stokes gets himself together. The worry for me is the lack of strength in depth for bowling, there's some really good batsmen out there but the bowling is thin
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2673: Mar 03, 2015 05:13:35 pm
      The worry for me is the lack of strength in depth for bowling, there's some really good batsmen out there but the bowling is thin

I think that'll be a common trend throughout the world if they continue to make the game, especially the limited over game, a batsman friendly game. I mean it's hard enough to get people out, to constantly give the advantage the batsman is just going to make kids wanna be the next De Villiers or McCullum rather than the next Steyn or Malinga.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #2674: Mar 03, 2015 07:24:21 pm
      I think that'll be a common trend throughout the world if they continue to make the game, especially the limited over game, a batsman friendly game. I mean it's hard enough to get people out, to constantly give the advantage the batsman is just going to make kids wanna be the next De Villiers or McCullum rather than the next Steyn or Malinga.

true, might as well have a bowling machine ar times, Anderson is getting older, broad seems to be getting too many injuries, Finn is still trying to find his levels after the run up nonsense but the cupboard for England especially looks pretty bare
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2675: Mar 09, 2015 09:47:01 am
      Yet another F***ing duck from captain dickhead.

Taylor and Root have to try and rebuild this innings now after the quick wickets of Bell and Morgan.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2676: Mar 09, 2015 10:02:15 am
      Yet another F***ing duck from captain dickhead.

Taylor and Root have to try and rebuild this innings now after the quick wickets of Bell and Morgan.

Taylor didn't last long.

England crumbling yet again.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2677: Mar 09, 2015 10:03:39 am
      Taylor gone.

Another England F**k up in the World Cup. Holland, Ireland and now Bangladesh looking to beat us for the second time in a World Cup.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2678: Mar 09, 2015 10:10:38 am
      Taylor gone.

Another England F**k up in the World Cup. Holland, Ireland and now Bangladesh looking to beat us for the second time in a World Cup.

Not looking too good are we Billy.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2679: Mar 09, 2015 10:16:24 am
      Not looking too good are we Billy.

Haven't done all tournament love.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2680: Mar 09, 2015 10:20:57 am

I've not been following it till today mate but I know we've not been good for a while now.  How's our bowling been, I've not seen us bowl this tournament?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2681: Mar 09, 2015 10:28:08 am
      I've not been following it till today mate but I know we've not been good for a while now.  How's our bowling been, I've not seen us bowl this tournament?

You're lucky.

Probably been the worst bowling side of the whole tournament. Finn has picked up a few wickets but gone for a lot of runs. Woakes has been dependable. Anderson has been the worst I've seen him for years. Broad is useless. Ali hasn't delivered for us as our front line spinner.

Just a shocking team at the minute from top to bottom with a decent middle order (excluding Morgan). Constantly relying on Root, Taylor and Buttler to get us out of the sh*t.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2682: Mar 09, 2015 10:28:15 am
      115 from 90 needed. Batting power play now is crucial.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2683: Mar 09, 2015 10:31:18 am
      Root gone now, caught behind.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2684: Mar 09, 2015 10:35:37 am
      That's a big'un for Bangladesh. England need a quick 50 from this partnership.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2685: Mar 09, 2015 10:37:27 am
      That's a big'un for Bangladesh. England need a quick 50 from this partnership.

:laugh:

It's too early in the morning for those sort of sick jokes mate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2686: Mar 09, 2015 10:39:58 am
      You're lucky.

Probably been the worst bowling side of the whole tournament. Finn has picked up a few wickets but gone for a lot of runs. Woakes has been dependable. Anderson has been the worst I've seen him for years. Broad is useless. Ali hasn't delivered for us as our front line spinner.

Just a shocking team at the minute from top to bottom with a decent middle order (excluding Morgan). Constantly relying on Root, Taylor and Buttler to get us out of the sh*t.

That's not good then mate.  Our bowling has been pretty strong for probably a decade now, it always gave our batters less pressure to produce as we could bowl anyone out, on our day.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2687: Mar 09, 2015 10:58:31 am
      Buttler will see England home here.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2688: Mar 09, 2015 11:01:49 am
      50 from Buttler
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2689: Mar 09, 2015 11:02:08 am
      Great knock so far by Buttler, especially under the pressure.

Edit: Woakes should share the credit for keeping things calm too and giving the strike to Buttler whenever possible.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2690: Mar 09, 2015 11:12:02 am
      :laugh:

It's too early in the morning for those sort of sick jokes mate.

'ello 'ello! Good finish this, again.

Quick Reply