Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Tennis

Read 176035 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Tennis
      Reply #1610: Nov 20, 2016 09:48:41 pm
      Tell you what though Debs - my love for the redmen and the beautiful game notwithstanding - those tennis boys come closer than any other sportsmen I know to earning the ridiculous money on offer.

My admiration for what they, and Murray in particular, put their bodies through is through the roof.......

Oh I agree mate.  They basically never go home either as they're playing tournaments every single week of the year, anywhere in the world.  All on different surfaces, in different conditions, indoors and out.

How the F**k footballers take weeks on end to adjust to different temperatures before a tourny and play 90 mins with 3 or 4 days rest in between, yet these guys play a match every other day sometimes for 5 hours in temperatures most of us would struggle to sit in.

They are absolutely amazing athletes mate.  I have nothing but admiration and respect for them.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1611: Nov 20, 2016 09:49:48 pm

They damn well earn it though mate.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1612: Nov 20, 2016 10:03:42 pm
      Oh I agree mate.  They basically never go home either as they're playing tournaments every single week of the year, anywhere in the world.  All on different surfaces, in different conditions, indoors and out.

How the f**k footballers take weeks on end to adjust to different temperatures before a tourny and play 90 mins with 3 or 4 days rest in between, yet these guys play a match every other day sometimes for 5 hours in temperatures most of us would struggle to sit in.

They are absolutely amazing athletes mate.  I have nothing but admiration and respect for them.

Bang on.

He said in his after match that he wasn't even going to hit a ball for 2 weeks..............

PS: My wife also has serious hair envy for the lovely Kim's barnet! What's the professional's view?   :f_tongueincheek:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #1613: Nov 20, 2016 10:53:00 pm
      They damn well earn it though mate.

I agree they do deserve it. I am absolutely amazed every time I watch a high quality tennis match. The technique, power, speed and endurance is unquestionable. And for Andy Murray to be top of the tree in the whole world is absolutely phenomenal.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1614: Nov 21, 2016 01:27:02 am
      Tell you what though Debs - my love for the redmen and the beautiful game notwithstanding - those tennis boys come closer than any other sportsmen I know to earning the ridiculous money on offer.

My admiration for what they, and Murray in particular, put their bodies through is through the roof.......

I remember growing up on Sampras, Agassi, Henman at Wimbledon and now think could they compete with the physicality of the game today? Can't remember anything further back from that but I'm guessing the likes of Sampras and Agassi in particular were seen as a massive step up from Becker and Edberg before them. The physical jump that has occurred in the game in the last 10-15 years has been monstrous! Djokovic particularly with his crazy ability to stretch is unlike anything I've ever seen!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1615: Nov 21, 2016 02:31:12 am
      Andy Murray a true champion and the best ever British sportstar

Correct.

British, for now.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1616: Nov 21, 2016 08:45:44 am

Now, now mate. He's always British.........

When he wins  ;) :f_whistle:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1617: Nov 21, 2016 10:55:33 am
      PS: My wife also has serious hair envy for the lovely Kim's barnet! What's the professional's view?

If she comes home from her own hairdressers looking fabulous then she's half way there and needs to start asking advice on how to style it herself and what products they use to get the "look".  Regular trims, regular intensive conditioning treatments at home and plenty of tips and advice from a professional is all it takes mate.

If not then she needs to find a better stylist  ;)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1618: Nov 21, 2016 11:19:39 am
      If she comes home from her own hairdressers looking fabulous then she's half way there and needs to start asking advice on how to style it herself and what products they use to get the "look".  Regular trims, regular intensive conditioning treatments at home and plenty of tips and advice from a professional is all it takes mate.

If not then she needs to find a better stylist  ;)
      She's funny Debs - hates the salon. Gets the areas top stylist to come to house - she can't stand the pressure sitting in front people......really hates it.

So, if I paraphrase your response, me not being a multi-millionaire, best in the world athlete is NOT (in itself) the reason she hates her hair  :roll:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1619: Nov 21, 2016 12:30:58 pm
      She's funny Debs - hates the salon. Gets the areas top stylist to come to house - she can't stand the pressure sitting in front people......really hates it.

So, if I paraphrase your response, me not being a multi-millionaire, best in the world athlete is NOT (in itself) the reason she hates her hair  :roll:

Her stylist should still be able to advise her though mate but trying to do hair at someones home is never ideal.  The lighting isn't right, shampooing facilities aren't good and mirrors and plug sockets are never in the right place to get a really professional finish.

If her issue is not liking a salon environment and she has the areas "top" stylist but still isn't happy then maybe the stylist isn't the "top" one?  I'm sure she'll have friends/colleagues/neighbours whose hair she admires, if so find out who does theirs and change stylist. 

Alternatively if she sees someone out and about, a complete stranger and thinks wow! I love her hair, then ask them where they get it done/who does it.  Despite common belief, most women love it when another woman compliments them on their appearance and yes it is a compliment asking a complete stranger where they get their hair done, bought their dress/shoes etc   ;D

If she prefers to stay with her current stylist then she needs to tell her what she doesn't like about it.  Most consultations begin with "so what are we doing today"?  Which most clients would love to respond with "how the hell would I know, you're the professional" 

A good stylist should ask "what don't you like about your hair or what would you like to change"?  That gives a much clearer picture of what will make the client happy and gives the stylist free licence to make recommendations or suggestions. 

If she's uncomfortable with trying to describe what she'd like or wants tell her to start a picture collection on her phone/ipad of anything she likes from magazines, tv or the internet.  It doesn't have to be the "whole" look, it might be the length, texture, colour, fringe, front, back of a lot of different pics/styles so the stylist can adapt the overall look to what will suit her best.

Does she change her style often or is it more or less the same as it has been for years?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1620: Nov 21, 2016 02:10:27 pm
      Her stylist should still be able to advise her though mate but trying to do hair at someones home is never ideal.  The lighting isn't right, shampooing facilities aren't good and mirrors and plug sockets are never in the right place to get a really professional finish.

If her issue is not liking a salon environment and she has the areas "top" stylist but still isn't happy then maybe the stylist isn't the "top" one?  I'm sure she'll have friends/colleagues/neighbours whose hair she admires, if so find out who does theirs and change stylist. 

Alternatively if she sees someone out and about, a complete stranger and thinks wow! I love her hair, then ask them where they get it done/who does it.  Despite common belief, most women love it when another woman compliments them on their appearance and yes it is a compliment asking a complete stranger where they get their hair done, bought their dress/shoes etc   ;D

If she prefers to stay with her current stylist then she needs to tell her what she doesn't like about it.  Most consultations begin with "so what are we doing today"?  Which most clients would love to respond with "how the hell would I know, you're the professional" 

A good stylist should ask "what don't you like about your hair or what would you like to change"?  That gives a much clearer picture of what will make the client happy and gives the stylist free licence to make recommendations or suggestions. 

If she's uncomfortable with trying to describe what she'd like or wants tell her to start a picture collection on her phone/ipad of anything she likes from magazines, tv or the internet.  It doesn't have to be the "whole" look, it might be the length, texture, colour, fringe, front, back of a lot of different pics/styles so the stylist can adapt the overall look to what will suit her best.

Does she change her style often or is it more or less the same as it has been for years?

Thanks Debs will share all that with her.

In fairness I probably over-stated "hate" re her hair.

She's just one those people whose confidence is fluid - very positive and assertive at times (don't mess with her kids, woe betide you!) but equally wee bit insecure re certain elements of her appearance (hair being one).

No idea why like - she's hotter than the sun, always has been, always will be.

She likes the girl and her work.....it's completely about herself but I'll pass that on it'll maybe make her bit more assertive re what she wants.

Thank you.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1621: Nov 21, 2016 02:30:48 pm
      Thanks Debs will share all that with her.

In fairness I probably over-stated "hate" re her hair.

She's just one those people whose confidence is fluid - very positive and assertive at times (don't mess with her kids, woe betide you!) but equally wee bit insecure re certain elements of her appearance (hair being one).

No idea why like - she's hotter than the sun, always has been, always will be.

She likes the girl and her work.....it's completely about herself but I'll pass that on it'll maybe make her bit more assertive re what she wants.

Thank you.

Yeah I was going to dig out some of the pics of her you've posted previously but didn't because I was pretty certain my memory of them was that she's hot and I don't remember thinking jesus girl do something with that hair, which I do all the time if it's letting down their overall appearance.

If it helps, being envious of a "celebs" hair when they're on show at these events, there's a permanent stylist available for all the players and their entourage so it's not like the lovely Kim doesn't have "help" to look so good  ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1622: Nov 28, 2016 10:36:41 am
      Argentina won the Davis Cup for the first time in history. Del Potro got an unreal win against Cilic. What a great player he is when fit.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1623: Nov 28, 2016 12:20:09 pm
      Argentina won the Davis Cup for the first time in history. Del Potro got an unreal win against Cilic. What a great player he is when fit.

I'm so happy about that news. Heard about the epic against Cilic last night after the Grand Prix but didn't know the outcome of the deciding rubber. It's the least that Del Potro deserves. That Gold medal match in the final of the Olympics was one of the most emotional tennis matches I've ever watched and he became one of my favourites after it. His fightback from injury and his amazing effort in the last few months means this is the least he deserves. Great guy!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1624: Jan 19, 2017 04:01:41 pm
      Djokovic out in the second round. I know he's not had a great last 6 months or so but even by that standard I'm still shocked at that result!
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #1625: Jan 19, 2017 05:52:01 pm
      Djokovic out in the second round. I know he's not had a great last 6 months or so but even by that standard I'm still shocked at that result!

Did you see the game? It was absolutely brilliant from start to finish. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. Istomin will probably never play a game like that in his life again, but F**k me, that was some great tennis by the both of them. Djokovic wasn't as good as he can be, poor serving and he was quite passive and irritated from the start, not his usual self, but still playing pretty good.

Who's your favourite to win it now? Murray I guess? Nadal has been playing pretty good and I like Raonic.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1626: Jan 19, 2017 06:16:26 pm
      Did you see the game? It was absolutely brilliant from start to finish. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. Istomin will probably never play a game like that in his life again, but f**k me, that was some great tennis by the both of them. Djokovic wasn't as good as he can be, poor serving and he was quite passive and irritated from the start, not his usual self, but still playing pretty good.

Who's your favourite to win it now? Murray I guess? Nadal has been playing pretty good and I like Raonic.

Didn't see the match just read the report on BBC Sport. That said, a five setter involving Djokovic is always going to be outstanding! Murray is sizeably the favourite (as good as that sounds and he certainly deserves a title after reaching the final in Melbourne so many times!) but I get a feeling that this tournament is going to be quite open. 
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #1627: Jan 22, 2017 06:50:03 pm
      Didn't see the match just read the report on BBC Sport. That said, a five setter involving Djokovic is always going to be outstanding! Murray is sizeably the favourite (as good as that sounds and he certainly deserves a title after reaching the final in Melbourne so many times!) but I get a feeling that this tournament is going to be quite open. 

Scratch that Murrays out now.

Would love to see Rafa win, if it wasn't for his injuries he would be way ahead of Federer in terms of slams imo.

I absolutely love both Federer and Nadal but I think Wawinkra is going to take this one home.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1628: Jan 24, 2017 04:05:11 pm
      Battle of the Swiss in the semi final then! Looks like that 6 month injury lay off has done Federer good - he was incredible in his quarter final. Would be utterly sweet if he were to go on and win another grand slam 4 and a half years after his last one. He remains the most graceful and elegant sportsman in the world.

Given the intensity of their number 1 rivalry it's no surprise that Murray and Djokovic got knocked out relatively early. I think both need a break for a good few weeks and then they can come back fresher than ever. Good news that Murray has decided not to participate in the Davis Cup at the start of next month.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1629: Jan 27, 2017 01:50:02 pm
      Federer v Nadal in the Aussie final.
      Two old timers rolling back the years, although chronologically Rafa is not that old just been around for ever.

Will be rooting for Federer myself.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1630: Jan 27, 2017 06:39:40 pm
      Two old timers rolling back the years, although chronologically Rafa is not that old just been around for ever.

Federer for me as well but it's just great to see both back in a major final once more. Thought it would never happen again so will savour this one.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #1631: Jan 28, 2017 08:10:08 am
      Going to be rooting for Rafa myself. If it wasn't for injuries he would have 20 slams plus and I think if you put them both at their absolute peaks then Rafa comes out on top.

But just going to enjoy the final, these two took Tennis to another level that will not likely be seen again.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1632: Jan 28, 2017 05:15:33 pm

The opposite, will be hoping Nadal wins. Either way though, it's good to see them both back in the final and if Federer does end up winning, wont be particularly bothered.

Hopefully this will be the springboard for them both to get back to their best and more finals again.

Quick Reply