Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The 'Extremely Pissed Off' Thread

Read 367766 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: The 'Extremely Pissed Off' Thread
      Reply #5244: Mar 29, 2015 11:56:45 pm
      thanks, it's small things like recording the match today which she wants to see, silly i know

When your head's in bits, everything seems silly to you, especially the "trivial" stuff.  It's hard to rationalise even the simplest things so everything seems like a mountain to climb.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #5245: Mar 29, 2015 11:58:33 pm
      First meeting with the hospital since my Dad got the all clear and it turns out the Big C is back in his liver after his scan.

Major setback but God willing it will all be good after another slog.

Gutted is not the word though.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Hang in there pal.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5246: Mar 30, 2015 12:08:16 am

Sorry to hear that mate.

Hang in there pal.

In a taxi after being hanging on to a bar with him all night ;)

Thanks dude.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #5247: Mar 30, 2015 12:42:12 am
      Well wishes to everyone who is not feeling well or going through things.

Wishing the best for wahs' dad, MsGerrard's sister, and FATKOPITE10's mom.

Also, hope you get good news about your back Stu.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5248: Mar 30, 2015 12:53:27 am
      Well wishes to everyone who is not feeling well or going through things.

Wishing the best for wahs' dad, MsGerrard's sister, and FATKOPITE10's mom.

Also, hope you get good news about your back Stu.

thanks to all and my heart goes out to you other guys
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #5249: Mar 30, 2015 01:00:14 am
      When your head's in bits, everything seems silly to you, especially the "trivial" stuff.  It's hard to rationalise even the simplest things so everything seems like a mountain to climb.

thanks debs, the bit when she said she wants company and visiting time is only 2.30 to 8, she's there with no one to talk to which she thrives on, it makes you realise that things can be replaced but people can't, the way relationships work mean there are ups and downs but to see such a strong willed person so ill and all the people around in the respiratory wars and their loved ones rings it home the staffing levels are bewildering but the dedication and cheerfulness  is incredible . The nhs has it faults but it is truly humbling
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5250: Mar 30, 2015 01:26:20 am
      thanks debs, the bit when she said she wants company and visiting time is only 2.30 to 8, she's there with no one to talk to which she thrives on, it makes you realise that things can be replaced but people can't,

You mentioned work and contract issues aren't helping, any chance you can arrange temporary flexi time so you can visit?  I'm guessing Mum has some good friends, if not other family members who you could approach to visit too?  Not necessarily for the full visiting time but any company has to be a good thing for her mate.

the way relationships work mean there are ups and downs but to see such a strong willed person so ill

Make sure you ask loads of questions, even if they seem trivial.  They might not be able to give you a true prognosis until all the tests have been completed but you can at least start planning for when she comes home if you know what help's available and I'm not just talking about financial help.

The good thing is if Mum's strong willed, it'll help her come through it and hopefully she'll make decisions that will help her in the long term.

the staffing levels are bewildering

Yes they are mate but at this moment in time it's pointless you worrying about it.  It's not something you can change and Mum is more important anyway for now.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #5251: Mar 30, 2015 12:40:10 pm
      You mentioned work and contract issues aren't helping, any chance you can arrange temporary flexi time so you can visit?  I'm guessing Mum has some good friends, if not other family members who you could approach to visit too?  Not necessarily for the full visiting time but any company has to be a good thing for her mate.

Make sure you ask loads of questions, even if they seem trivial.  They might not be able to give you a true prognosis until all the tests have been completed but you can at least start planning for when she comes home if you know what help's available and I'm not just talking about financial help.

The good thing is if Mum's strong willed, it'll help her come through it and hopefully she'll make decisions that will help her in the long term.

Yes they are mate but at this moment in time it's pointless you worrying about it.  It's not something you can change and Mum is more important anyway for now.

thanks so much, work have said  today take as long as possible, my manager's elderly dad lives in Liverpool so has to trek from Tavistock here in Devon up to the pool and other people i work with have similar experiences.they say they can give us antibiotics but at the moment she needs the oxygen, she just thinks give me the antibiotics and I'll go home.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5252: Mar 30, 2015 12:56:30 pm
      thanks so much, work have said  today take as long as possible, my manager's elderly dad lives in Liverpool so has to trek from Tavistock here in Devon up to the pool and other people i work with have similar experiences.they say they can give us antibiotics but at the moment she needs the oxygen, she just thinks give me the antibiotics and I'll go home.

It's amazing how many people have similar issues who understand what you're going through and provided you and they can accomodate a bit of flexibility around work they generally will support you. 

I've no idea how old your Mum is mate but mine is now 86 and one thing I've noticed more than anything in her advancing years is she's regressed back to being like a child.  It's not nice having to speak to a parent like you would a child but be firm, consistant and most of all patient and eventually she'll accept you have her best interests at heart.

Yes the antibiotics will sort out the immediate problems but she needs more than that to ensure her longer term health is improved.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #5253: Mar 30, 2015 05:54:36 pm
      Yeah, seems a bit brighter, moaning which is a good sign, is 71 but heavy smoker and impossible to argue with, she says doctor mentioned possibly going tomorrow but we will see,she's calmer which is good That's the thing to see the person they were and the people they are now is most difficult. My dad seems better but saying loudly bring out the dead when  someone came around at dinner time won't endear himself to anyone
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5254: Mar 30, 2015 06:12:54 pm
      Yeah, seems a bit brighter, moaning which is a good sign, is 71 but heavy smoker and impossible to argue with, she says doctor mentioned possibly going tomorrow but we will see,she's calmer which is good That's the thing to see the person they were and the people they are now is most difficult. My dad seems better but saying loudly bring out the dead when  someone came around at dinner time won't endear himself to anyone

One thing about the NHS now is that they don't keep you in hospital any longer than necessary, so if they've said tomorrow that's a good sign mate. 

Don't try to argue if you know you can't win the argument, it just upsets everyone if things are said that are later regretted.  I'm guessing the docs are advising she stops smoking which is easier said than done although I assume she won't have had a smoke since being in hospital so maybe encourage her to use the E ciggys instead once she's home.  If you smoke too maybe try quitting together.

Talk to her about those good memories of how she was, remind her of the good times, give her something to think about whilst she's on her own with her thoughts.

Sounds like your Dad's found his sense of humour, that's the type of thing my Dad would say but he's a sarcastic bugger and can easily be taken the wrong way. 

Seems as though things are a bit more positive for you than yesterday, as you say she's brighter and calmer, which is always a good sign mate. 
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5255: Mar 30, 2015 07:04:01 pm
      Sorry for not getting back sooner, it just gets worse today.  I've had an electrical fire at home, one room is gutted and I'm sorting all that out now. Thanks for all the well wishes.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5256: Mar 30, 2015 07:22:35 pm
      Sorry for not getting back sooner, it just gets worse today.  I've had an electrical fire at home, one room is gutted and I'm sorting all that out now. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Stuart I hope things get sorted out for you soon, you do not deserve that.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5257: Mar 30, 2015 08:35:39 pm

That's awful mate, can't imagine how that must feel.  Hope things start imptoving for you soon.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #5258: Mar 30, 2015 09:08:23 pm

sh*t mate, so sorry to hear that
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #5259: Mar 31, 2015 05:58:30 pm
      One of the hardest days of my life, scan showed that mum appears to have had a mini stroke either recently or in the past. She has antibiotics for her pneumonia, a mri scan is needed to ascertain if there are any blockages to veins etc, this will take up to 10 days from Friday to happen, must has insisted on self release from hospital despite being told any scan as an out patient could take weeks, not sure if she fully understands the situation and wants to get antibiotics, couple of appointments sorted and go against doctors advise and go home, dad is upset and had to leave to cool down.  Head is spinning.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #5260: Mar 31, 2015 07:23:48 pm
      Bloody hell mate you have it tough , hang in there  just be there and support its all you can really do all the best .
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #5261: Mar 31, 2015 07:35:03 pm
      Bloody hell mate you have it tough , hang in there  just be there and support its all you can really do all the best .

thanks mate, now told she will not be able to get mri scan as outpatient, look on doctors face said it all.staff were fantastic but cannot keep people against their will, just feel like curling up in a ball hoping to wake from a nightmare
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #5262: Mar 31, 2015 07:36:26 pm
      thanks mate, now told she will not be able to get mri scan as outpatient, look on doctors face said it all.staff were fantastic but cannot keep people against their will, just feel like curling up in a ball hoping to wake from a nightmare , she is home but has fallen asleep already.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5263: Mar 31, 2015 08:05:03 pm
      One of the hardest days of my life, scan showed that mum appears to have had a mini stroke either recently or in the past. She has antibiotics for her pneumonia, a mri scan is needed to ascertain if there are any blockages to veins etc, this will take up to 10 days from Friday to happen, must has insisted on self release from hospital despite being told any scan as an out patient could take weeks, not sure if she fully understands the situation and wants to get antibiotics, couple of appointments sorted and go against doctors advise and go home, dad is upset and had to leave to cool down.  Head is spinning.

Ah mate so sorry to hear that, especially if she's insisted on going home and the possible consequences of her doing so. 

One piece of advice from my own experience with my Mum, make sure her GP follows up on anything the hospital says needs to be done.  Never assume that they will or that they have.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #5264: Mar 31, 2015 08:20:35 pm
      thanks mate, now told she will not be able to get mri scan as outpatient, look on doctors face said it all.staff were fantastic but cannot keep people against their will, just feel like curling up in a ball hoping to wake from a nightmare
      Its worth checking up on the mri dont see why she cant have one as an outpatient  ive just had my 3rd one as an outpatient worth asking why, all the best heres hoping your mum gets a bit of luck .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5265: Mar 31, 2015 08:32:15 pm

Its worth checking up on the mri dont see why she cant have one as an outpatient  ive just had my 3rd one as an outpatient worth asking why, all the best heres hoping your mum gets a bit of luck .

I agree with Andy mate, there's no reason she can't have one as both my Mum and Dad have had them as outpatients.  If she needs one I don't see how they can refuse.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #5266: Mar 31, 2015 08:48:09 pm

You could be my dad... My grandma (his mum) has had a mini stroke and is in hospital now awaiting the MRI. Having never really been through this with any family member before (luckily, I guess), it's a bit much for me to take and I'm not sure what happens next in terms of her health and whether or not she needs to go into a home. I don't even know how severe "mini" strokes are to be honest.

Anyway, can certainly empathise with you FK, hope it all works out okay for your ma. All the best to you and your family

Quick Reply