Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Notion of an Everton Ground Share again?

Read 36673 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Notion of an Everton Ground Share again?
      Feb 25, 2008 03:57:48 pm
      Was never going to be long until this subject reared its ugly head again was it.

I was listening to Radio Merseyside today and there was these two architects - one a red and the other a blue - who have got their heads together for the idea of a ground share between us and the bitters. As far as they see it, it makes sense to both clubs and the city, economically. Surely they are missing the point though?

In light of recent events with our proposed new stadium and the fact we know Hicks and Gillett are not exactly realible on their word. And given the bitters are game for anything if it saves them money, joined with the fact a lot of them feel strongly against moving out of the city. Could this gather momentum?

I hope with all my heart it doesn't!!

Here's the link for show I heard today. If you want to have a listen at what these two architects had to say, click on the link and then click on where it says 'Roger Phillips'. Then just fast forward the player up to 01:20 and then they start talking about it two minutes later. Not too sure how long they keep the show up on the website for. It could be 24hrs or seven days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/merseyside.shtml
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Notion of an Everton Ground Share again?
      Reply #1: Feb 25, 2008 04:23:17 pm
      Tell you what mate they can F***ing stick it up their arse.

Let them pack their bags and F**k off out the City.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Feb 25, 2008 05:26:11 pm
      They are totally missing the point arn't they ?  What kind of fans do they call themselves ? Bet they've never been to a game in their lives, knobheads  :f_steam:
      illustrator28
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts | -2 
      Reply #3: Feb 26, 2008 11:34:40 am
      If hicks stays and dic fail you bet the only way he'll ever be able to afford a new stadium is if we groundshare. We've only got ÂŁ60m in reserve to start the project - then what?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Feb 26, 2008 12:36:03 pm
      What are Everton going to give us for their 50% share?  Pennies?

They couldn't even pay the rent at Anfield so they had to buggar off.  They can F**k right off.

Get to Kirkby.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #5: Feb 26, 2008 12:54:09 pm
      who are they going to fill it with, blow up dolls!!!

my best mate is a blue sh*te! but we won't even share a car for the derby. how on earth could we share a ground????????

:f_steam:
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #6: Feb 26, 2008 02:20:55 pm
      Tell you what mate they can F***ing stick it up their arse.

Let them pack their bags and F**k off out the City.

Well said fella, i cant wait to they move out the city boundaries, then the city will belong to us forever. Bad enough sharing the city with them, never mind a bloody F***ing stadium.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #7: Feb 27, 2008 04:57:13 pm
      Are they trying to get in on our new 60,000 - 70,000 seater? Would they even bloody fill it?
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #8: Feb 27, 2008 06:58:35 pm
      Are they trying to get in on our new 60,000 - 70,000 seater? Would they even bloody fill it?

No way would they fill it, they cant even sell out there own stadium now that often, and if they go ahead with there new Tesco 50,000 stadiu... i mean super store, they got no chance of filling that either. not even that many fans in the city.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #9: Feb 27, 2008 07:00:13 pm
      What I can't understand is.

They still can't fill their 40,000 seater stadium and they are flinging season tickets about like no tomorrow.

So why are they even thinking about moving?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #10: Feb 27, 2008 07:05:26 pm

They still can't fill their 40,000 seater stadium and they are flinging season tickets about like no tomorrow.

Cos us Reds live here, and we're fed up with squatters in our City !!  ;) :D
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #11: Feb 27, 2008 09:36:51 pm

The electricity bill is alot smaller in a stadium that is half the size ;D
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #12: Feb 29, 2008 10:14:44 am
      It's a win win if your a bitter, our capacity, our facilities, and havin to clean up after the manky tw*ts
      I say:-  F**k OFF

But I'll wager it's something Mr.Hicks would relish - think - revenue revenue revenue???????
      I'll leave you with that happy thought
      « Last Edit: Feb 29, 2008 10:17:36 am by neilh2105 »
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #13: Feb 29, 2008 03:30:10 pm
      But I'll wager it's something Mr.Hicks would relish - think - revenue revenue revenue???????
      I'll leave you with that happy thought

Hicks can F**k off and put any relish on his fat yanky burger, no way to sharing with the small club
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8522 
      Tell me this is not true Pt 2....
      Reply #14: May 07, 2008 12:59:52 am
      Only caught a bit of the interview, but some mongrel was on Citytalk before talking about wanting to start talks about a GROUNDSHARE, yes thats some Everton fan group, the lad on the radio even had a scouse accent, not Welsh, and was talking obviously about the problems Everton have been beset with their Kirkby move.

And as are proposed third set of plans have finally been passed, they're suddenly thinking "ooh why don't we all sit down and consider a groundshare on stanley park." This beaut interviewed on the radio, obviously didn't say that but you know it's coming, made out from what I heard that some of are fans are for it too.

The interviewee egged the lad on by suggesting the yanks might well be up for it - problem is I reckon the yanks might consider it an all.

My point being after all the sh*te we have to listen to them spew from the horrible, nasty, vicious, sick mouths, they think we'll relent and let them share.

Two words, my friends, two words:

F**k OFF

This city is going to become a one club city and I'd find it even funnier if their Kirkby tesco ground goes tits ups and they end up homeless - the end of Everton - it's coming!!! :lmao:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Tell me this is not true Pt 2....
      Reply #15: May 07, 2008 01:15:09 am
      What you doing listening to Citytalk Huyton Red. They love the gossip on there mate. I think Jimmy Corkhill has an afternoon show on there.  ;)

I heard a few muppets talking on Radio Merseyside about the same thing not so long ago. I think the notion only makes sense to people who don't actually get the rivalry between us and the bitters. The majority of proper fans would never want it. And that goes for both us reds and the blue side.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Tell me this is not true Pt 2....
      Reply #16: May 07, 2008 09:58:07 am
      I totally agree with you kenny there is no way any L.F.C. supporter would want to share a ground with any club never mind Everton.Our history and tradition demands we have our own ground which is sacred to the thousands of good REDS who have left us.I also still think the new ground (if it ever gets built ) should still be called Anfield with any sponsors name coming after Anfield.
      solodee

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #17: May 27, 2008 08:12:42 am
      http://www.footballingworld.com/2008/05/26/five-top-premier-league-signings-of-the-season/

LIVERPOOL council leader Warren Bradley last night revealed he is still working on a plan for a joint stadium for Liverpool and Everton football clubs in the city.
      The Lib-Dem leader’s revelation came after opposi- tion Labour leader Joe Anderson urged the ruling group to make a last-ditch effort to stop Everton going to Kirkby by enabling the redevelopment of Goodison Park.

Last night, Cllr Bradley told the Daily Post: “I’d back the redevelopment of Goodison first and foremost as an Everton season ticket holder, but you can’t unless Everton make a commitment.

“If they want to come to the table, we’re always ready and willing.
      “I’ve also been working behind the scenes on a joint Liverpool and Everton stadium. I’ve talked to the sports minister and to the NWDA and I’ve spoken to Bill Kenwright.
      “We’re also opposing the Kirkby bid on planning grounds.”

Liverpool FC has planning permission for a new 61,000 stadium in Stanley Park but no work has started yet.
      Fans have strongly opposed any joint stadium proposals.
      Knowsley Council had hoped changes to the planned £400m joint Tesco/Everton development in Kirkby – including reducing the retail element by around 25% – would stop Liverpool Council object- ing to the project, but it seems that has been unsuccessful.

The more objections filed, the more likely it is that a time- consuming and possibly fatal “call-in” for government scrutiny will materialise.
      Joe Anderson made his call for Liverpool to fight harder to keep Everton in the city as Knowsley planners prepare to assess the club’s Kirkby plans.
      A report circulated to planning members suggests that the application could be seen in the early part of June.

The planning agenda for May 29 outlines a proposed change in procedure as a one-off mea- sure to accommodate the vast levels of interest in the plans.
      The agenda sets out that any- one wishing to speak in the planning debate must give a response by June 5: “The plan- ning committee will meet shortly after that deadline to examine the proposals.”

But Cllr Anderson believes extending the footprint of Goodison Park is a viable alternative to relocation to Knowsley.

He said: “Liverpool Council owns some of the land surrounding Goodison Park and so we should be trying to negotiate with Everton about what can be done there.
      “It’s a crazy situation. The city council is sitting back and letting a multi-million pound business move away from the city and not doing anything about it.
      “Historically, this club has always been in the heart of Liverpool and my true belief is that this council should be negotiating with Everton Football Club to achieve a status to keep the club in the city.

“Everton needs a Plan B and we should be talking to them about that now.”

But Everton FC spokesman Ian Ross last night said the city had not come up with a viable alternative.

“We’ve always been open to approaches and negotiations with Liverpool City Council.: “Unfortu- nately (the city) have been un- able to put anything to us that in any way matches the current proposed Kirkby project.” “A wide variety of people have suggested the city council should come forward with a plan for us to look at but the simple truth is that they haven’t.

The Destination Kirkby plans have pro- ven so unpopular that 1,186 people have signed a Downing Street petition demanding the club’s planning application be called in by the Government.

The A total of 1,186 people have backed the submission attacks the proposals for breaking with Knowsley’s Unitary Development Plan.
      However anti-stadium campaigners narrowly failed to win any seat at the recent local elections.
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______

Posted an article similar to this on the ''Laugh at Everton'' tread
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #18: May 27, 2008 08:57:58 am
      Someone slap this guy FFS!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #19: May 27, 2008 04:28:05 pm
      Warren Bradley already annoyed me before I heard this this morning. Gutted he didn't get voted out.

He can talk all he wants but he only has evertons wishes at heart. He can shove it.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #20: May 28, 2008 01:43:49 am
      Warren Bradley will say anything to get himself into the local media, he claims to be an Everton fan so he must be thinking no way to shareing a ground with us. He is stupid to be coming out with garbage like that.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #21: May 28, 2008 10:59:54 am
      Blues F**K OFF, we don't need near us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #22: May 28, 2008 09:51:44 pm
      We have had our stadium approved so just because everton might have there's rejected then that is their problem not ours!, they can do one because stanley park belongs to us and us alone, the only time they will ever play there is when they play the away game in the league or if we draw them at home in a cup game.

Quick Reply