Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Notion of an Everton Ground Share again?

Read 36674 times
      Inner-City
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Re: Notion of an Everton Ground Share again?
      Reply #115: Aug 25, 2010 10:34:23 am

I never produced the financial reports. 

What don't you understand?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #116: Aug 25, 2010 10:40:01 am
      I never produced the financial reports. 

What don't you understand?

The fact that everything you are doing on here is about these F***ing trains! You sign up to a Liverpool forum and this is all you want to talk about?

That's why i said that. Your intentions are not to the best interests of this forum, i believe.

Go buy a train set and be done with it. Or Railroad Tycoon. Was a boss video game that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #117: Aug 25, 2010 10:43:17 am
      You have to separate the club and the team. As a club they are amazing success.

Arsenal's Profits
      • Group turnover increased to £313.3 million (2008 - £223.0 million) reflecting income generated from cup competitions and property sales.
      • Match day revenue was increased to £100.1 million (2008 - £94.6 million), mainly as a result of progress to the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup semi-finals.
      • Operating profits (before depreciation and player trading) in the football business were £62.7 million (2008 - £59.6 million).
      • The completion of sale of 208 (2007 – Nil) private apartments at Highbury Square contributed £88.0 million of revenue (2008 - £15.2 million) and boosted the operating profit from property activities to £7.8 million (2008 – Nil).
      • Profit after tax of £35.2 million (2008 - £25.7 million) was a record for the Group.
      • Since the end of the financial year there have been a number of further positive developments in relation to the Group’s Highbury Square project:
      • Of the 655 private apartments in the development, sales have now completed on 445 units with a cumulative sales revenue value of £172.4 million.
      • The balance on the bank loan used to fund the project has been substantially reduced to £47 million and agreement has been reached to refinance the loan and extend its term to December 2010.

Arsenal's loan will be paid off in December 2010. They paid it off in just over 4 years of stadium operation.

Arsenal never went for big signings and concentrated on getting the debt down. The back row around the stadium holds 1,000. They only have to extend back 10 rows and it goes up to 70,000. So the match day revenue of £100.1 million, rises to one sixth on top which is: £116.78 million, over £16million more per year. It will not take long to recoup the cost of the expansion and a new or extended roof. They originally wanted 80,000.

Feb 2010:
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8538568.stm

Arsenal have announced that profits have risen to £35.2m and debts have been drastically reduced.

Their aim was to get rid of the debt.  Expect very expensive signings from Arsenal from 18 months onwards.

Pre-tax profit of £19.3m in the 2004-05 financial year was the last year at Highbury.  Once the loan is paid off in December, the profits should rocket.

The Arsenal success means EFC and LFC have to emulate what Arsenal did - their stadium was key and the key to the stadium success was the rapid-transit access.  To get rapid-transit access LFC need to work with EFC to get the line opened. 

Arsenal  are putting on another 10,000 seats.  I see why LFC want 73,000.  LFC have to get the fans there fast though, like Arsenal do, otherwise it may not be the cash cow that the Emirates is.

So are you a fan or an employee of Arsenal's
      Inner-City
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #118: Aug 25, 2010 12:29:26 pm
      The fact that everything you are doing on here is about these f**king trains! You sign up to a Liverpool forum and this is all you want to talk about?

That's why I said that. Your intentions are not to the best interests of this forum, I believe.

Go buy a train set and be done with it. Or Railroad Tycoon. Was a boss video game that.

You fail to see the key aspect to Arsenal's phenomenal success.

Who is wise: One who sees something from its birth. The ability to see the end from the beginning, the possible consequences or opportunities from a situation, both the good and the bad, is indeed one of those things that separates the wise from the foolish.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #119: Aug 25, 2010 01:55:16 pm
      F**k it, build it for the pair of us. History tells you they will move out in about 10 years  :f_tongueincheek:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8522 
      Reply #120: Aug 25, 2010 10:15:50 pm
      F**k it, build it for the pair of us. History tells you they will move out in about 10 years  :f_tongueincheek:

Why bother with Everton, Goodison will be a car park soon!!
      njny_scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts |
      Report: EFC Chairman Kenwright open to ground share w/ LFC
      Reply #121: Sep 27, 2010 09:04:05 pm
      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=827697&sec=england&cc=5901

Kenwright open to ground share with Liverpool
      By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent
      (released 30 minutes ago)

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright says he would consider a possible ground share opportunity with Liverpool after Anfield legend Kenny Dalglish claimed the two clubs should ''look at every possibility''.

English football has so far shied away from ground sharing between the biggest Premier League clubs and Liverpool have always been opposed to the possibility of ground sharing with their Merseyside rivals. But with both now desperate to build new stadia, sharing a newly constructed Stanley Park could be a solution that would suit both parties.

Dalglish opened the door to the idea this week with comments in his Mail on Sunday column and Kenwright responded in a positive way when asked about the proposals.

"In the past Liverpool have always been opposed so I am intrigued about what Kenny Dalglish has had to say about ground sharing,'' Kenwright told ESPNsoccernet. "It is more than likely we would sit down and have a descent discussion about ground sharing in Stanley Park with Liverpool."

Dalglish had claimed that a ground share would not be the ''ideal'' situation for either club, but maintained that in the current financial climate, it would be something that would be ''worth looking at''.

"It's probably true that more people are becoming sympathetic to a ground-share with Everton if a third party came forward able to build it, with the two clubs renting,'' he wrote in the Mail on Sunday. ''Again, it is not the ideal situation: that would be to keep the two clubs in two separate stadiums with vibrant atmospheres of their own.

"But this is not an ideal time for either club and I'm sure they would sit down and have a conversation with each other about it if there was a feeling it would be beneficial. It's not anyone's personal views that is important - it is about what is best thing for the club.

''I don't know if it will ever happen but maybe you need a few people to sit down and say that, although it's not what they want in a perfect world, it's worth looking at.

''Whoever is in a position of responsibility at Liverpool and Everton are only custodians for the next generation of supporter. They owe it to the fans to look at every possibility to help their respective clubs."
      ------------

I'm personally against a ground share because of what would happen to the condition of the pitch after being so frequently used a few months into the season (like that of the San Siro in Milan), but I must say this report appears worthy of mentioning on here.

Thoughts?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Report: EFC Chairman Kenwright open to ground share w/ LFC
      Reply #122: Sep 27, 2010 10:05:25 pm
      Groundshare my arse!!

What fooking colour plan would they have for the seats? Everton fans would share the Kop. The pitch would be used every week therefore would be in sh*te condition by November.

Just no
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #123: Sep 27, 2010 10:35:51 pm
      No thanks.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #124: Sep 27, 2010 11:27:13 pm
      STFU Kenwright.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #125: Sep 28, 2010 07:48:18 am
      I don't think either set of fans wants to consider a groundshare. Problem being though, is that this notion is not going away.

If Hicks is looking to stay on, won't this be beneficial to him? I'm not sure on what the profit margins would be in comparison with our own ground but surely not having to fork out money for construction would be catching that c**t's eye?

Worrying that this could come off with the wrong ownership at the head of the club. :-\
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #126: Sep 29, 2010 08:45:52 pm
      Go w*nk a pigeon kenwright,Get Ur own F***ing stadium.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #127: Oct 04, 2010 05:36:10 pm
      We would lose a big part of our identity doing a ground share. NO F***ing WAY.

I'm sick of this just not going away.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #128: Oct 04, 2010 11:47:19 pm
      Talk about cramping our style.

F**k off back to tesco and ask them for a ground share,the car park would be right.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #129: Oct 15, 2010 09:00:19 pm
      Friday, 15 October 2010 20:31 UK <- Coincidence?

Everton boss Moyes interested in Liverpool groundshare
      Everton manager "The Chosen One" has said the club would be "very interested" if the opportunity arose to share a ground with rivals Liverpool.

Moyes took over as Everton manager in 2002

Both clubs have struggled to build new homes but the takeover of Liverpool by New England Sports Ventures could kickstart the Reds' project.

"I wouldn't say we'd be definitely for it but we'd be very interested if we got an opportunity," said Moyes.

"I don't know if that's how Liverpool would view it."

A move to a new stadium could help put Everton and Liverpool on closer terms with rivals Manchester United and Arsenal and Moyes said his club needs new forms of investment.

"It's [a groundshare with Liverpool] probably something that if you ask people up here no one would really want it," stated Moyes, who took over at Goodison Park in 2002.
      "Who really wants to share a ground with their neighbours?

"But from our point of view we need something new to get some more investment in.

"There is a limit to what we can get at Goodison. It can only take in a certain amount of money."

Everton's plan to move to a 50,000-seater stadium in Kirkby was scuppered in 2009 when the government rejected the proposals.

Liverpool have long-planned to build a 60,000-seater ground on Stanley Park, near their Anfield home, but work has never started because of a lack of funding.

Anfield legend Kenny Dalglish gave guarded backing to a groundshare between the two Merseyside clubs in September, and Everton chairman Bill Kenwright hinted later he was willing to discuss the matter.

Everton announced plans in August to build a £9m retail and office complex at Goodison Park. However, Kenwright insisted the proposals did not mean that the club had ruled out a move to a new stadium.

The Toffees, who are fourth from bottom of the Premier League, host third-bottom Liverpool in the Merseyside derby on Sunday.
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/9097795.stm

I am sure I speak for all on here... "F**k OFF"
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #130: Oct 15, 2010 09:28:21 pm
      I am sure I speak for all on here... "F**k OFF"

I am not as instinctively against it as some others here, I would at least be willing to listen if it made sense... but it doesn't...
      Even aside from the identity issues, they simply could not afford to build half of the kind of stadium we want and need. Inter and AC are pretty equal, but the same cannot be said of Liverpool and Everton, we can not equally contribute to a stadium and have different needs.  There argument in favour is that it is more practical... but it is not, Everton don't need 70,000 seats, we do.  Everton can't afford a £55 million stadium, how can they pay half of a £300 million stadium? etc...

so Moyes can indeed F**k off! ;D
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #131: Oct 15, 2010 09:36:00 pm
      I can see the logic in ti, half the costs etc...

However, I would not be a fan of this. The main reason is because we need to have a fortress, if Man Ure come to the ground on a saturday and batter Everton then come to the same ground to play us there will be no fear factor.

Teams used to absolutly pack it at the thought of coming to Anfield, we need to get that back. We have a special atmosphere at our ground, I dont want that ruined by 20,000 people rattling around it on an league cup game against our next opponents...
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #132: Oct 15, 2010 09:50:55 pm
      I can see the logic in ti, half the costs etc...

it is not half the cost though, as Everton could not afford £150m+ they can barely afford £55 million for their ground.  there is no logical or practical reason for this to go ahead... aside from to appease dickhead politicians on Liverpool council
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #133: Oct 15, 2010 10:54:15 pm
      Everton could not afford £150m+ they can barely afford £55 million for their ground. 

I agree, in principle getting another club to pay for our ground is a great idea, i just dont want them to use it, ever!

Everton will be up for a ground share, they need the money and a new ground - there is no way we can allow this to happen.

Personally i want a revamped and better anfield...
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #134: Oct 25, 2010 04:12:50 pm
      Everton have a development pending at there ground around the 9 million pound mark.Apparantly its for the corporate side.Why would they be spending that money if they want a groundshare.I just cant see it happening ever.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #135: Oct 25, 2010 04:44:44 pm
      I would not share a needle with the cu*ts.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #136: Nov 04, 2010 06:05:40 am
      I hate the fact their ground is anywhere near ours.

Sharing a ground is simply and absolutely out of the question. F**k financial implications, this is FOOTBALL remember. The clubs pride and integrity always come first. And we lose a lot of pride and integrity if we have to share the same ground as those arse-wipes.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #137: Nov 04, 2010 09:05:56 am
      What are Everton going to give us for their 50% share?  Pennies?

They couldn't even pay the rent at Anfield so they had to buggar off.  They can f**k right off.

Get to Kirkby.

Love that :D

Quick Reply