Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Notion of an Everton Ground Share again?

Read 36569 times
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Re: Notion of an Everton Ground Share again?
      Reply #138: Nov 16, 2010 08:00:58 pm
       :
      Why bother with Everton, Goodison will be a car park soon!!
               love that   :lmao:
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #139: Nov 16, 2010 08:25:26 pm
      Surely now that the bitters have there plans passed for there new "development" the notian of groundshare should have gone.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #140: Nov 16, 2010 08:55:17 pm
      Saw that in the news today. Surely no groundshare now
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #141: Nov 17, 2010 10:11:57 am
      Groundshare was never realistic, but it would have made life easier for a few councillors...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #142: Mar 30, 2011 10:23:26 pm
      It goes like this:

Everton want to leave The Hole so bring up idea of groundshare. No ta. As if.

Everton go for Kings/Queens Dock (whatever dock it was, where Echo Arena is now). Not thinking groundshare all of a sudden because something better suits. They get fu**ed off anyhow.

Everton still want to leave The Hole so bring up idea of groundshare. Again. Still, no ta.

Everton want to do some Tesco ground sh*te in Kirkby and again the groundshare is forgot about because something else suits better.

They get fu**ed off once again. I laugh again. Lots.

Groundshare crops up again until Plan Z pops up.

Cringeworthy to say the least as they whore themselves around in unbelievable desperation.

See the pattern??

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #143: Jun 24, 2012 12:52:23 am
      Scouse San Siro: Moyes backs an Everton-Liverpool groundshare

Leaving Goodison and Anfield for a swanky, money-spinning new stadium would benefit both clubs says the Toffees manager

"The Chosen One" believes both Merseyside clubs could catapult themselves back into the big time by SHARING a state-of-the-art new stadium.

But while Everton manager Moyes is keen to pursue such a controversial venture, he admits there is little chance of it happening because of opposition from the red side of the city.

Liverpool have been trying to get their plans for a new stadium of their own up and running, but the prohibitive costs mean their dream home remains just that.

Many argue that it makes sound financial sense for two clubs trying to keeping pace with the moneybags outfits at the top of the Premier League, such as Manchesters City and United, to share a stadium.

And Moyes agrees.

Despite opposition from his own club's fans, he would gladly move in with the neighbours... even though he knows Liverpool will be less keen.

"I'd take a shared stadium, because I think Everton need it probably more than Liverpool - although it's not in our culture to share stadiums," he admitted.

"But I have to say it does make sense. You could redevelop the whole area around Stanley Park, so for us it would definitely be worth it for both clubs.

"Everton, being honest, would say probably we would take it, but Liverpool not so, and that's probably where it will end up."

Everton's Goodison Park is one of the oldest grounds in the Premier League.

Its 40,000 capacity and near complete lack of hospitality facilities mean they lag massively behind clubs such as Arsenal and Manchester United, who generate vast income on match days.

It's a similar story at Liverpool, and the owners of the Anfield club recognise they must expand capacity and facilities in a cost-effective way if they are to catch up to the big guns at the top of the Premier League.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-moyes-backs-an-everton-liverpool-groundshare-905203
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #144: Jun 24, 2012 12:55:43 am
      F**k off you F***ing golem blue c**t.

You only want a ground share cus you can't afford a brand new you. Get fu**ed you bunch of tw*ts.

There's no way a stadium share is going to happen. Over my dead body.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #145: Jun 24, 2012 09:08:27 am
      I refer back to the post above HRs.

F**k right off, if we wanted to go halves on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse we'd go and speak to Walt.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #146: Jun 24, 2012 11:01:14 am
      I refer back to the post above HRs.

F**k right off, if we wanted to go halves on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse we'd go and speak to Walt.

By the way mate they weren't fu**ed off from the Kings Dock, the pauper cu*ts just couldn't afford there share!!

The cu*ts will be up for this because it will cost them F**k-all. If the council get involved and public grants are given, FSG will go for this, just a felling I've got.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #147: Jun 25, 2012 11:50:51 am
      The cu*ts will be up for this because it will cost them f**k-all. If the council get involved and public grants are given, FSG will go for this, just a felling I've got.
      yes hate the idea but can see why fsg/efc would want this ,just imagine 75/80 joint stadium the 2 teams battling it out at top of prem like the late80,s early 90,s both would have massive crowds ,the council would love it with euro grants, the whole area would be regenerated bringing massive income into the city ie airport,hotels,resturants which in turn bring jobs
      like i say hate the idea but all 3 parties would be intrested
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #148: Jun 25, 2012 01:12:25 pm
      And with the Kenny sacking FSG have shown they don't mind going against majority fan opinion. Financially it makes total sense to share and they will make decisions based on finances.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #149: Jun 25, 2012 09:49:37 pm
      yes hate the idea but can see why fsg/efc would want this ,just imagine 75/80 joint stadium the 2 teams battling it out at top of prem like the late80,s early 90,s both would have massive crowds ,the council would love it with euro grants, the whole area would be regenerated bringing massive income into the city ie airport,hotels,resturants which in turn bring jobs
      like i say hate the idea but all 3 parties would be intrested

It won't be that big, it'll be 65,000 max, the local government couldn't afford to shell out on the changes need to make 75,000/80,000 possible. Ha ha and what the F**k were you thinking up both would have massive crowds, Everton can just about fill Woodison now! ;)

And what about the state of the pitch, you know when the lovers of shared stadiums bang on about Milan, notice they never say about the state of the pitch there and how Inter want their own stadium, because of the state of the pitch!! Continous football would mean our pitch would be fu**ed from Jan onwards especially with them donkeys playing on it every other week.

Still don't want to share with Everton!
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #150: Jun 25, 2012 10:43:04 pm
      I love the way Everton absolutely despise us, but their board, management and fans are so desperate to share a ground with us.

Mongrels.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #151: Jun 26, 2012 12:33:31 am
      Serious question, how would Everton fund their half of the cost?
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #152: Jun 26, 2012 12:36:44 am
      Serious question, how would Everton fund their half of the cost?

They couldn't. They'd need to bring in some outside investment, but Bill Kenwright has no idea how to do that. Unless they start charging £25 million a ticket at his plays :laugh:.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #153: Jun 26, 2012 12:38:05 am
      Just F***ing no.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #154: Jun 26, 2012 12:52:51 am
      Might be benficial if we take 75% of their gate receipts, but then again I wouldn't trust some of their fans with a new stadium. Haven't they ripped up seats at Anfield before? Or was that the scum? Either way its a no from me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #155: Jun 26, 2012 02:45:28 am
      Might be benficial if we take 75% of their gate receipts, but then again I wouldn't trust some of their fans with a new stadium. Haven't they ripped up seats at Anfield before? Or was that the scum? Either way its a no from me.

If it did happen you'd have to factor in what the council would get off gate receipts.

Just say no!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #156: Jun 26, 2012 10:20:34 am
      If our owners do not know by now that this ground sharing Idea is not acceptable they do not know or understand Liverpool Football Club supporters.The only team we would want to groundshare with is Liverpool Reserves.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #157: Jun 26, 2012 11:44:01 am
      Would not be surprised at the slightest if our owners take up this option.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #158: Jun 26, 2012 11:58:28 am
      Would not be surprised at the slightest if our owners take up this option.

JH did mention public funding for stadia did he not?. So if we were to build a shared stadia the council would be involved right?.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #159: Jun 26, 2012 12:00:03 pm
      JH did mention public funding for stadia did he not?. So if we were to build a shared stadia the council would be involved right?.

Yes sir.

Anything so he would not have to foot the bill solo.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #160: Jun 26, 2012 12:05:35 pm
      Yes sir.

Anything so he would not have to foot the bill solo.

Thought as much, won't be long before some are convinced it's the right idea and would accept it.

I've already lost faith in FSG so I won't be surprised if it were to happen.

Quick Reply