Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Notion of an Everton Ground Share again?

Read 36690 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Notion of an Everton Ground Share again?
      Reply #23: May 28, 2008 10:12:59 pm
      This is Warren Bradley. The one who's trying to keep everton in the city with the idea of a ground share. He also likes lamb banana's to get up close and personal.

Oh, and he hasn't spoke to Liverpool FC about anything by the way. So ignore him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: May 29, 2008 04:03:02 pm
      He looks like a right pilock
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #25: Jun 03, 2008 01:58:11 pm
      I don't know what's worse, that comb over or the handling of the huge banana.  ???
      bigl1cks
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #26: Jun 04, 2008 09:17:47 pm
      it ideal would be for us both to have our own ground - but that's looking less and less likely because our board is screwing us over - spitting out lies about how Kirkby is 'virtually free' and crap like. as for hicks and Gillette well its anybodies guess what is going on with them ......

then there's money. says in this thread lpool has 60m so far. i know we have 80m put away.....that equals ÂŁ140m- not a bad starting place for a stadium?

They do it in Milan successfully so why not here? it would save us all a hell of a lot of cash. Maybe cash that could go toward making it like the eighties when we were the top 2 teams in Europe??  :-) 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #27: Jun 04, 2008 10:38:18 pm
      They do it in Milan successfully so why not here? it would save us all a hell of a lot of cash. Maybe cash that could go toward making it like the eighties when we were the top 2 teams in Europe??  :-) 

I'm very surprised to hear that. Practically every blue I've spoken to about a groundshare being an option has been more than against it.

bigl1cks
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #28: Jun 04, 2008 10:46:48 pm
      I'm very surprised to hear that. Practically every blue I've spoken to about a groundshare being an option has been more than against it.

people dnt really think about it though do they? what does it come down to ? the main argument i get is I dont want to share a seat blah blah blah, but economically it makes sense...
      Redhead
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #29: Jun 05, 2008 10:34:21 am
      That Bradley is just a blue nose tw*t and hed sell his ma to have a joint stadium.

Must be on a good backhander from Hicks though to get this off the ground . I F***ing new this would happen with these pair of gobshites.
      Next your gonna be hearing about matches for Daytrippers and merchandise days. Mind you some games now are packed with the day trippers.

Am i just being clueless here but would they work the season tickets out on a Derby day. I mean like you get your kop season ticket right but the next week a bitter is gonna be sitting in your seat  for there game so what are they gonna do derby matches. Not a chance am i gonna be having some blue sh*te sit in my seat.

What about al our history that comes with us , What about the Hillsbourgh memorial , the Shankly Gates. The Kop.

Well keep our Harrods thanks and they can have there pound shop in kirkby

solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #30: Jun 06, 2008 08:36:30 am
      http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/06/06/anfield-us-owners-tom-hicks-and-george-gillett-in-shared-stadium-talks-64375-21032552/

Anfield US owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett in shared stadium talks
      Jun 6 2008 by David Bartlett, Liverpool Daily Post

THE chief executive of the North West Development Agency last night called for a “fundamental economic appraisal” of a shared stadium between Everton and Liverpool football clubs.

Steve Broomhead told the Liverpool Daily Post the idea needed to be looked at, given the current economic climate.

He is due to meet with Kop Holdings, Tom Hicks’s and George Gillett’s company, which owns Liverpool FC, next week. “More and more, it looks like if we are to upgrade the sporting stadiums for Merseyside, the ground sharing option has to go back on the table,” Mr Broomhead said.
      “A fundamental economic appraisal of a ground share is needed.”

Mr Broomhead said he had seen little progress at Anfield in raising money for the new stadium.

His call follows that of Liverpool council leader Warren Bradley, who last week said the idea of a shared ground should be explored.

Last night, Everton FC chief executive Keith Wyness said he had discussed the issue with Liverpool FC chief executive Rick Parry at a Football Association meeting in Leicestershire and a shared stadium “was not on the agenda of either club”.

But last night a spokesman for Liverpool FC declined to comment.

Mr Broomhead’s intervention follows Liverpool, Sefton, West Lancashire, and St Helens councils opposing Everton FC’s plan to relocate to Kirkby.
      The £400m scheme, which includes a Tesco superstore and 50 shops, will go before Knowsley council’s planning committee on Monday.

The huge amount of opposition to the scheme and the fact it runs contrary to town centre and retail policies, increases the likelihood of the Government calling a public inquiry.
      Last night, Mr Broomhead would not be drawn on whether the plans should be “called in” for a public inquiry.

Meanwhile, Liverpool FC received planning permission for a new ÂŁ350m, 60,000-seater stadium on Stanley Park last month.
      The club is understood to have ÂŁ60m to get started on the new ground, but work is yet to start.

Mr Broomhead said: “We continue to watch this with interest. We are not seeing any real progress at Anfield in raising the money for the new stadium.
      “I have been invited to discussions at the end of next week with Kop Holdings.”

He said he was looking forward to hearing about the ownership of the club and financing for a new stadium on Stanley Park.
      “We also continue to talk with Everton FC and Tesco.”

He said the agency continued to support both Liverpool FC and Everton FC in their endeavours to build new stadia.

“But you have to wonder about the vast amounts of money being spent, given the current market conditions for investment.”

Last night, Mr Wyness said: “Having discussed the matter with my Liverpool counterpart Rick Parry, I can categorically state that a shared stadium is not on the agenda of either club.

“We have a series of criteria which any prospective stadium must meet, and a shared stadium does not meet that criteria.

“When Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett took over Liverpool FC, they made it perfectly clear they were not interested.”

He said he still believed that moving to Kirkby was the only viable option for Everton Football Club.
      Liverpool council leader Warren Bradley said: “The idea seems to be gathering momentum, and a lot of people are looking at it.
      “I think the feasibility should at least be looked at.”

Liverpool Labour opposition leader Joe Anderson said the idea would have been “inconceivable” 18 months ago.

“The fact is we have got to work in the real world and both clubs are struggling financially.

“Maybe that’s uncomfortable for both clubs and fans, but it is something that should be considered.”
      ________________________ ________________________ ______

If both clubs dont want any part of this charade, to who's benefit is it anyway? People pushing for this stadium sharing thing need to back down.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #31: Jun 06, 2008 10:54:21 am
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/06/06/tom-hicks-slams-talk-of-stadium-share-100252-21033999/

TOM HICKS today hit back at claims Liverpool could be willing to share a stadium with Everton.
      Reports today suggested Liverpool’s American owners might be ready to change their stance on a ground share at the behest of North West Development Agency chief executive Steve Broomhead.
      But Hicks insists a shared stadium is not on Liverpool’s agenda and has no interest in even considering it.
      He also dismissed speculation that a meeting is scheduled with the NWDA to discuss the matter, as did Broomhead himself who revealed the talks which are due to take place with representatives of Kop Holdings next week will not include discussions about the possibility of Liverpool and Everton moving in together.
      A spokesman for Hicks told the ECHO: “There is no interest in a shared stadium and no planned meeting to discuss this.”
      Broomhead will hold talks with Kop Holdings next Friday in a bid to clarify funding issues over Liverpool’s planned new stadium on Stanley Park.
      The original plans for Liverpool’s £300m ground included building work to begin last year, but the scheme was revised and the construction start delayed.
      Now, as the credit crunch on both sides of the Atlantic continues to bite, the NWDA is seeking an update on Liverpool’s plans.
      The agency has pledged to provide funding for important improvements to community facilities surrounding the new ground.
      Broomhead said: “The meeting is to update me on where Liverpool FC and Kop Holdings are with the plans to fund the new stadium.
      “I want to clarify where the funding is for the new Anfield.”
      Broomhead is also closely involved with Everton’s controversial proposed move from Goodison to Kirkby, which is being funded by supermarket giant Tesco but subject to vehement objections from neighbouring local authorities and retailers.
      However, he denied that the subject of a shared stadium by the two clubs which is favoured by Liverpool council leader Warren Bradley but rejected by both Everton and Liverpool is on next Friday’s agenda.
      Broomhead, who confirmed that neither Hicks nor George Gillett will attend the briefing, said: “I am only interested in the economic benefits of improved sports facilities for Merseyside.”
      Everton chief executive Keith Wyness also poured cold water on the speculation, saying: “I can categorically state that a shared stadium is not on the agenda of either club.”
      Meanwhile, despite continued speculation that Rafa Benitez could be ready to make a move to bring David Bentley to Anfield the ECHO understands the Reds boss is not interested in signing the Blackburn winger.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #32: Jun 06, 2008 04:03:53 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3657206,00.html

He denies it completly here

*claps* you done something right you idiot!
      Redhead
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #33: Jun 06, 2008 08:32:32 pm
      Hell will freeze over before i ever believe anything that comes out of that lying bas**rds mouth.

Anyway he can make a few bob or save a penny he will be first in the que/

Sixty days for a spade to go in the ground :lmao: the only F***ing spade he understands is the one he uses with his bucket to shovel the sh*t up with that comes out of his mouth .

Liar
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #34: Jun 08, 2008 11:17:26 am
      To whose benefit. NO NO NO.....
      Koppite_1985
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #35: Jun 11, 2008 11:12:23 am
      by the time the yank idiots make up their minds over plans the capacity will be down to 16000 haha. and as to groundshare............. ....take it and shove it where the sun dont shine yanks........and while u r there find ya wallet. grrrrrrrr
      liveforreds
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #36: Jun 13, 2008 04:32:00 pm
      I for one is not in favor of the ground share, but the problem I find is this the Twits for America cannot get the money needed to build the stadium because of the credit crunch, So we only have between 80/100 mil towards the new stadium, then on the other side of the park have about 60/80 mil to spend that's 140/180 mil which will leave a big short fall in the finices need to build the ground, the rest of the money I believe would come from NWDA and the City Council. This why I believe The Twits will eventally give in and will share a ground with them over there, it would be sad if this does happen but if we want a new ground with more seats in it this may be the only option open to all concerned. How long will the credit crunch last we don't know but I feel this is a long term problem. The twits will see this as a way of giving us the fans what we want. Let's not forget it's a business to them and if by sharing a ground with someone else saves money they will do it. They will say we have tried to go are own way but it is not possible.
      So lets hope that they do get the money or diced it's to much for them to do and sell to DIC.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #37: May 19, 2009 11:46:03 am
      There is talk about this again today, a local counciller said today that If Liverpool want to host a World Cup game if England get it the stadium situation will have to be sorted out, Everton and Liverpool will have to explain what there plans are and that there should be some movement on the stadiums by December, he also hinted a groundshare maybe the best option. The story is in the Liverpool Post today. Either them Americans put up the money now or clear off and let someone else do it because If they think the hatred to them is bad now imagine what it would be like If we ended up sharing the stadium with Everton.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #38: May 19, 2009 05:28:37 pm
      There is talk about this again today, a local counciller said today that If Liverpool want to host a World Cup game if England get it the stadium situation will have to be sorted out, Everton and Liverpool will have to explain what there plans are and that there should be some movement on the stadiums by December, he also hinted a groundshare maybe the best option. The story is in the Liverpool Post today. Either them Americans put up the money now or clear off and let someone else do it because If they think the hatred to them is bad now imagine what it would be like If we ended up sharing the stadium with Everton.

What the council want and what both clubs want are two different things, thankfully. Although I wouldn't put it past our owners to consider it!
      john jones
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #39: May 19, 2009 06:19:26 pm
      It is the only way Everton will get to see a good team playing at home. Or the yanks might try it to save money but they would loose out as I do not think the fans of the greatest team in the world would put up with it. It would be better to stay at Anfield
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #40: May 26, 2009 10:00:35 pm
      It is the only way Everton will get to see a good team playing at home. Or the yanks might try it to save money but they would loose out as I do not think the fans of the greatest team in the world would put up with it. It would be better to stay at Anfield

Even they've said several times there committed to having our own ground and considering this would be just another thing they have gone back on, I can't see them wanting to get involved in a groundshare.

Bradley wants the groundshare to be his legacy, it ain't going to happen.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #41: May 26, 2009 10:03:38 pm
      Someone please put this one to bed, Everton smell!
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #42: May 26, 2009 11:13:16 pm
      ive known evertonians to brag about ripping up seats in the bullends to lash at supporters below, fiorentina last year was the worst when they were beaten on pens....... obviously only word of mouth like, but all the more reason to avoid ground share
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #43: May 27, 2009 09:28:00 am
      The topic, that just won't go away...
      YorkshireRed
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #44: Jun 07, 2009 05:40:33 pm
      In todays Observer by Jamie Jackson

Liverpool and Everton 'must' share new ground, council says

• Liverpool might not be included on World Cup bid
      • Everton condemn comments as 'utter nonsense

Liverpool and Everton must share a new stadium if they are to thrive in future, the leader of Liverpool City Council has said. If they do not, the city will not be included within England's 2018 World Cup bid because "Anfield and Goodison Park do not fit Fifa's ­criteria".

Warren Bradley, also head of the city's 2018 bid committee, has brought the groundshare debate to the fore again after Liverpool's accounts showed the club lost £42.6m last year. Bradley, who says he has "seen the books of both clubs", told The Observer: "We've got to do something if we are serious about being a bidding city for the World Cup. I don't want to see everything migrate down the M62 to Manchester where there are two fabulous stadiums," he said, refering to Old Trafford and ­Eastlands.

"There is a need for a 60,000 fit-for-purpose, 21st-century stadium in ­Liverpool. It would cost around £300m. Sure, we still have the tribalistic ­supporters in the city who would say, 'I won't sit in it after a Liverpudlian or Evertonian has.' But that's not the ­argument, is it? I don't see any reason why it can't work – it does so across the southern hemisphere, and in Germany, Italy and America."

The prospective stadium would be situated between the two clubs on Stanley Park, where Liverpool have said they would like to build their own new ground. Both clubs are dismissive of ­Bradley's claims, but Bradley is confident he has support across Liverpool.

"What I've said is absolutely right and is now being amplified in the city in ­business, at the clubs privately, and with the supporters. When you speak privately to different people at the clubs – at director level – they tell you what they think, but will never publicly go on record.

"There is a groundswell of support now that it is the only way forward for both football clubs."

Bradley's views are backed by the Northwest Regional Development Agency, a major stakeholder in the city's bid, which said: "The Agency was ­supportive of the idea of a groundshare between Liverpool and Everton due to the economic sense this made. However, we accept that any decision has always been a matter for the two clubs."

Bradley accepts that they must be on board, but believes that there is now no other choice. "We recognise the Fifa ­criteria that both clubs must have 40,000-plus seats available to the paying public that doesn't include VIPs. I don't believe either club is in a position to satisfy that criteria, so therefore something needs to be done quickly." Goodison Park is ­definitely too small, while Anfield's capacity of 45,000-plus may also fall short of ­requirements.

The struggle of Liverpool owners Bill Hicks and George Gillet to refinance their ÂŁ350m debt facility by the end of next month would seem to threaten the club's plans to build its own stadium on Stanley Park. Liverpool declined to comment, but it is understood they maintain it is business as usual.

Everton, meanwhile, will find out by the autumn if their proposed ­controversial move outside the city to a new stadium at Kirkby – in partnership with Tesco – will be agreed by the ­government.

Bradley is sceptical. "The longer it goes on the less likelihood it can be delivered financially by the club. I firmly believe Everton is taking the wrong step by moving out of the city," he said. "This is raw economics. I've had a ­season ticket at Everton for 30 years, so this is not about which way the wind is ­blowing.

"I firmly believe the economic ­viability of both clubs, not only in the present climate, but, in the future, has got to be the ability to invest on the field, not in hard infrastructure. ­Having looked at the books of both clubs, at the moment about 70% of the bottom line goes to hard infrastructure. If they shared a stadium they could cut that down to about 30 to 35 per cent and the rest could go on footballers."

While Liverpool would not comment on the record, Everton spokesman Ian Ross was explicit in voicing the club's anger at Bradley. "Yes, the Everton directors have one view and that view is that we should push ahead with the destination project. For Warren Bradley to suggest that the directors have one view and that is [to have] a shared stadium is the usual utter nonsense.

"We have spent nearly three years working on destination Kirkby and are giving absolutely no consideration to any other scheme. Perhaps ­councillor Bradley should have fought somewhat harder to keep Everton inside the ­Liverpool city boundary if he is that intent on a joint stadium.

"We would have welcomed more help from our city council – that never ­happened, which is why we pursued Kirkby. For councillor ­Bradley to now claim there is a weight of ­opinion to ­suggest we should now have a joint ­stadium would appear to be ­opportunism of the first order."

Bradley said he will chair a meeting over the coming fortnight of the stakeholders involved in the city's bid to be part of England 2018. It will include the directors of Liverpool and Everton and the idea of a joint stadium is bound to be discussed ahead of the first visit to the city by the 2018 committee next month.

By then Liverpool's financial situation may also be clearer. If RBS, one of the two main creditors, does not wish to refinance its part of the debt the bank could countenance actually running the club itself. As the credit crisis has made the government and taxpayer a sizeable owner of RBS this would be ­unprecedented in English football and would have major implications for the Premier League as a global brand.

The Premier League was unavailable for comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/07/liverpool-everton-stadium-share
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2009 02:28:03 pm by YorkshireRed »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #45: Jun 07, 2009 07:49:56 pm
      Warren Bradley can do one. As if Liverpool and Evertons fans would want a World Cup game or two to be played in this city, at the expense of having our own stadiums.

And that's just for a kick off.

Go away Bradley. You're like a broken record.

Quick Reply