Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Notion of an Everton Ground Share again?

Read 36572 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Notion of an Everton Ground Share again?
      Reply #46: Jun 21, 2009 01:32:11 pm
      Warren Bradley can do one. As if Liverpool and Evertons fans would want a World Cup game or two to be played in this city, at the expense of having our own stadiums.

And that's just for a kick off.

Go away Bradley. You're like a broken record.

Sad idea to get us to all 'unite.'

F*ck off Bradley. We STILL don't want to share a stadium. France, Italy and Brazil can go play somewhere else, we're not arsed for the sake of a match or two.
      NO1KOPITE
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #47: Jun 21, 2009 03:05:00 pm
      In todays Observer by Jamie Jackson

Liverpool and Everton 'must' share new ground, council says

• Liverpool might not be included on World Cup bid
      • Everton condemn comments as 'utter nonsense

Liverpool and Everton must share a new stadium if they are to thrive in future, the leader of Liverpool City Council has said. If they do not, the city will not be included within England's 2018 World Cup bid because "Anfield and Goodison Park do not fit Fifa's ­criteria".

Warren Bradley, also head of the city's 2018 bid committee, has brought the groundshare debate to the fore again after Liverpool's accounts showed the club lost £42.6m last year. Bradley, who says he has "seen the books of both clubs", told The Observer: "We've got to do something if we are serious about being a bidding city for the World Cup. I don't want to see everything migrate down the M62 to Manchester where there are two fabulous stadiums," he said, refering to Old Trafford and ­Eastlands.

"There is a need for a 60,000 fit-for-purpose, 21st-century stadium in ­Liverpool. It would cost around £300m. Sure, we still have the tribalistic ­supporters in the city who would say, 'I won't sit in it after a Liverpudlian or Evertonian has.' But that's not the ­argument, is it? I don't see any reason why it can't work – it does so across the southern hemisphere, and in Germany, Italy and America."

The prospective stadium would be situated between the two clubs on Stanley Park, where Liverpool have said they would like to build their own new ground. Both clubs are dismissive of ­Bradley's claims, but Bradley is confident he has support across Liverpool.

"What I've said is absolutely right and is now being amplified in the city in ­business, at the clubs privately, and with the supporters. When you speak privately to different people at the clubs – at director level – they tell you what they think, but will never publicly go on record.

"There is a groundswell of support now that it is the only way forward for both football clubs."

Bradley's views are backed by the Northwest Regional Development Agency, a major stakeholder in the city's bid, which said: "The Agency was ­supportive of the idea of a groundshare between Liverpool and Everton due to the economic sense this made. However, we accept that any decision has always been a matter for the two clubs."

Bradley accepts that they must be on board, but believes that there is now no other choice. "We recognise the Fifa ­criteria that both clubs must have 40,000-plus seats available to the paying public that doesn't include VIPs. I don't believe either club is in a position to satisfy that criteria, so therefore something needs to be done quickly." Goodison Park is ­definitely too small, while Anfield's capacity of 45,000-plus may also fall short of ­requirements.

The struggle of Liverpool owners Bill Hicks and George Gillet to refinance their £350m debt facility by the end of next month would seem to threaten the club's plans to build its own stadium on Stanley Park. Liverpool declined to comment, but it is understood they maintain it is business as usual.

Everton, meanwhile, will find out by the autumn if their proposed ­controversial move outside the city to a new stadium at Kirkby – in partnership with Tesco – will be agreed by the ­government.

Bradley is sceptical. "The longer it goes on the less likelihood it can be delivered financially by the club. I firmly believe Everton is taking the wrong step by moving out of the city," he said. "This is raw economics. I've had a ­season ticket at Everton for 30 years, so this is not about which way the wind is ­blowing.

"I firmly believe the economic ­viability of both clubs, not only in the present climate, but, in the future, has got to be the ability to invest on the field, not in hard infrastructure. ­Having looked at the books of both clubs, at the moment about 70% of the bottom line goes to hard infrastructure. If they shared a stadium they could cut that down to about 30 to 35 per cent and the rest could go on footballers."

While Liverpool would not comment on the record, Everton spokesman Ian Ross was explicit in voicing the club's anger at Bradley. "Yes, the Everton directors have one view and that view is that we should push ahead with the destination project. For Warren Bradley to suggest that the directors have one view and that is [to have] a shared stadium is the usual utter nonsense.

"We have spent nearly three years working on destination Kirkby and are giving absolutely no consideration to any other scheme. Perhaps ­councillor Bradley should have fought somewhat harder to keep Everton inside the ­Liverpool city boundary if he is that intent on a joint stadium.

"We would have welcomed more help from our city council – that never ­happened, which is why we pursued Kirkby. For councillor ­Bradley to now claim there is a weight of ­opinion to ­suggest we should now have a joint ­stadium would appear to be ­opportunism of the first order."

Bradley said he will chair a meeting over the coming fortnight of the stakeholders involved in the city's bid to be part of England 2018. It will include the directors of Liverpool and Everton and the idea of a joint stadium is bound to be discussed ahead of the first visit to the city by the 2018 committee next month.

By then Liverpool's financial situation may also be clearer. If RBS, one of the two main creditors, does not wish to refinance its part of the debt the bank could countenance actually running the club itself. As the credit crisis has made the government and taxpayer a sizeable owner of RBS this would be ­unprecedented in English football and would have major implications for the Premier League as a global brand.

The Premier League was unavailable for comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/07/liverpool-everton-stadium-share

Bradley WHAT A C*CK
      arkles lad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,986 posts |
      Reply #48: Jun 21, 2009 03:24:21 pm
      Bollocks to Bradley! and the world cup,who gives a F**k whether we stage any games any way.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #49: Jun 21, 2009 03:36:27 pm
      I wish we the yanks would just go now, it's becoming ridiculous.

If they think they can afford to re-finance then they're heads are above the clouds.
      NO1KOPITE
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #50: Jun 21, 2009 03:42:51 pm
      if they dont leave soon the yanks are gna put our club into big trouble
      im not looking forward to the next 18 moths with the yanks at the helm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #51: Jun 21, 2009 05:19:22 pm
      Bollocks to Bradley! and the world cup,who gives a F**k whether we stage any games any way.

We get the new ground built and we will be staging games. FACT

It'll be the second biggest club ground in the country.

And has anyone else spotted the mistake in that report from The Observer? Since when has Bill Hicks been one of our owners?

"Groundswell of support" my arse. Bradley's a c**t!

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #52: Jun 25, 2009 01:11:04 pm
        Bradley Speaks....

Liverpool groundshare makes sense - Cllr

5 year dead line on work to be started an New Ground, so no rush then ???
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #53: Jun 29, 2009 07:44:17 pm
      no way pedro :-[
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #54: Jul 13, 2009 08:00:27 pm
      ground share will never make sense to me or any other genuine red, kick it in to touch now, we could even help them build thiers and get them out of our city quicker
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #55: Jul 27, 2009 09:28:33 am
      I'll give Bradley a fiver to shut the F**k up.

No to a ground share.
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #56: Jul 27, 2009 01:54:58 pm
      ;D am not for it the only way that EVERTON want it is because the gate money will be split 50 / 50 if the stadium was a 80,000 the cant sell that out for a BLUE sh*t vs SUNDERLAND the cant sell out there crap hole the now i can see where the council are coming from as the stadiums are near each other but ground sharing is not for british footy mabe in Italy , France , Germany you would'nt see Man u / Man city  Celtic / Rangers  Fulham / Chelsea or even Hearts / Hibs share a ground they are one of the biggest Darbys in the world no for me

EEM i agree shut your face
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #57: Nov 26, 2009 03:12:44 pm
      Everton chief executive Robert Elstone has admitted the club would consider a ground-sharing arrangement with Liverpool after plans for a move to Kirkby were rejected by the Government. Source : Daily Telegraph. My answer : NO F*CKING WAY !!!!!!!
      I'm totally sick and tired of this subject, but i have a great fear that the cowboys will consider it  :f_steam: :f_wah:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #58: Nov 26, 2009 03:18:31 pm
      Some how i just can't see YNWA will look good on the gates if you share with the blue nose fans  :-\
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #59: Nov 26, 2009 03:25:15 pm
      Some how I just can't see YNWA will look good on the gates if you share with the blue nose fans  :-\

Exactly, i can't see it at all..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #60: Nov 26, 2009 04:56:51 pm
      Would those wankers want to be our tenants again.

They couldn't afford the rent the last time!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #61: Nov 26, 2009 08:25:49 pm
      No. F***ing. Way.

Not now. Not ever.

Purple seats like the Echo Arena?

Surely Evertonians must feel exactly the same as we do?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #62: Nov 26, 2009 08:31:13 pm
      If this happens, i for one will have lost a lot of faith in football. This is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

Like sticking a Russian and a Yank in the same room during the Cold War. And then 10x worse.

Honest to god would make me sick.

Anything but Red where Liverpool play at home, and we have lost the soul of our club IMO.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #63: Nov 26, 2009 08:37:25 pm
      F**k off, we're not sharing.....end off.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #64: Nov 26, 2009 08:39:45 pm
      Everton chief executive Robert Elstone has admitted the club would consider a ground-sharing arrangement with Liverpool

F**k off, we're not sharing.....end off.

Are you listening, Robert Elstone?

F**k off!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #65: Nov 26, 2009 09:33:07 pm
      No. F***ing. Way.

Not now. Not ever.

Surely Evertonians must feel exactly the same as we do?

My Evertonian mate today said that he liked the idea.

F***ing ridiculous.

Tell you what it is - they just want to have something to shout about, something to knock us off our perch.

I would F***ing hate having a ground share.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #66: Nov 26, 2009 09:33:57 pm
      They only like the idea because they will never have silverware at their own stadium ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #67: Nov 26, 2009 11:30:40 pm
      I suspect the bitters would be slightly more keen than us Liverpudlians.

No, no, no, no and deffo NO !!

Watching the news tonight, they interviewed some scallies, and they actually said, as a last resort they would share with Liverpool if it meant they could stay in the City  ::)

F**k Off to Kirby....the City's all ours.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #68: Nov 27, 2009 12:05:45 am
      The letters "N" and "O" immediately spring to mind in letters too big for a computer screen to display.

Quick Reply