Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Liverpool FC Random Stats

Read 137031 times
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Re: Liverpool FC Random Stats
      Reply #230: Dec 27, 2012 07:20:35 pm
      Christ we are poor.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #231: Dec 27, 2012 07:21:53 pm
      Stolen from Tony Barrett in today's times: -

"Since the formation of the Premier League, Liverpool have win only 5 away games when they have been behind at half-time..."

F#ck me! One of them was West Ham!!

That really says a lot about the club. Not just in the past 3-4 years, but the last 20+
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #232: Dec 27, 2012 07:31:43 pm

"Since the formation of the Premier League, Liverpool have win only 5 away games when they have been behind at half-time..."

:o

F***ing hell. That's unbelievable.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #233: Dec 27, 2012 08:25:06 pm
      Danny Agger's next game for the Reds will take him past Stig Bjornebye, Vlady Smicer and Geoff Twentyman who he is currently tied with on 184 games.
      didnt Twentyman go on to be a scout?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #234: Dec 27, 2012 08:27:12 pm
      what would be the stat for the previous 20 years.My re-colection if somewhat misty eyed was that if we were 2-0 down at halftime and at Anfield then thats was ok becuase we would score 3 or 4 at the Kop end.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #235: Dec 30, 2012 03:46:10 pm
      Can anyone with a better head than mine ... with stats to hand.... actually work out where we would have been at the mid point of the season without  Suarez's goals?

What would be our points total now at end of year?

Where would we actually be in the table?

To not buy a striker in the summer .... to not know the future as far as the last three months of the year were concerned ... then to have to rely on just one players goals ..... in the lunacy of him not getting injured or suspended .....

was nothing short of suicidal for a Premier Leaguer club and a business.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #236: Dec 31, 2012 12:58:41 am

And I think in at least one (Man City away) they were down to 10 men.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #237: Dec 31, 2012 07:55:16 am
      I was a happy little chap till I came in this thread...... back to being the miserable b***ard you all know and love now :(
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #238: Dec 31, 2012 08:09:31 am
      didnt Twentyman go on to be a scout?
      Geoff Twentyman was player manager and player coach for Ballymena,Carlisle,Morcambe and Penrith after he finished playing for us in March 1959.He was appointed Chief Scout for us by the great man himself Bill Shankly in 1967.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #239: Dec 31, 2012 01:00:37 pm
      And I think in at least one (Man City away) they were down to 10 men.

Good shout Muzzy - I'd forgotten that one
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #240: Dec 31, 2012 01:31:52 pm
      Can anyone with a better head than mine ... with stats to hand.... actually work out where we would have been at the mid point of the season without  Suarez's goals?

What would be our points total now at end of year?

Where would we actually be in the table?

To not buy a striker in the summer .... to not know the future as far as the last three months of the year were concerned ... then to have to rely on just one players goals ..... in the lunacy of him not getting injured or suspended .....

was nothing short of suicidal for a Premier Leaguer club and a business.
      7 less points than we have, would mean around 14th with 21. Taking away his assists it would be even less.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #241: Dec 31, 2012 01:49:52 pm
      7 less points than we have, would mean around 14th with 21. Taking away his assists it would be even less.

Thanks for that.
      I thought it would have been worse.
      RedWilly

• 9,183 posts | 1633 
      Reply #242: Dec 31, 2012 04:58:44 pm
      To be honest, I always find the 'take away his goals and where would we be' argument a bit ridiculous. Take away any teams top goal-scorer and they will be lower in the league. But we do have him. He has scored them goals. So it's all a load of bollocks that has no bearing on anything whatsoever.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #243: Dec 31, 2012 05:13:29 pm
      To be honest, I always find the 'take away his goals and where would we be' argument a bit ridiculous. Take away any teams top goal-scorer and they will be lower in the league. But we do have him. He has scored them goals. So it's all a load of bollocks that has no bearing on anything whatsoever.

Why is it so ridiculous ?

No team should be relying on one player as we have basically since the ill fated Jan 2011 window.

We should not have ......only once in many years .......had just one player who has scored over 20 goals in a season. Torres.

Very valid argument and if Suarez had been injured / suspended you would be probably the first to moan about depending on one player and a treacherous league position hovering above the relegation zone.

A ridiculous predicament of skating on very thin ice to be in ..................which lets hope will seriously be addressed tomorrow.

Regrettably if Mr R is just relying on Sturridge .....it aint going to happen.

We need 4th place minimum in May.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #244: Dec 31, 2012 05:15:56 pm
      We know that after 19 games our points total was very low. If we beat Sunderland on Wednesday tho, that'll put us on 31 points from 21 games I think. Is that still the lowest?
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #245: Dec 31, 2012 05:16:20 pm
      Random stat: number of players to sign in January = 2 alonso and llorente
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #246: Dec 31, 2012 05:23:11 pm
      We will go into the Sunderland game unbeaten in the calender year.
      RedWilly

• 9,183 posts | 1633 
      Reply #247: Dec 31, 2012 05:30:44 pm
      Why is it so ridiculous ?

No team should be relying on one player as we have basically since the ill fated Jan 2011 window.

We should not have ......only once in many years .......had just one player who has scored over 20 goals in a season. Torres.

Very valid argument and if Suarez had been injured / suspended you would be probably the first to moan about depending on one player and a treacherous league position hovering above the relegation zone.

A ridiculous predicament of skating on very thin ice to be in ..................which lets hope will seriously be addressed tomorrow.

Regrettably if Mr R is just relying on Sturridge .....it aint going to happen.

We need 4th place minimum in May.
      It's ridiculous because it's such a 'what if' scenario. Take out the top scorer from any team and you will see a drop, it's logical. Everyone knows we're light up top, but the whole 'if we didn't have his goals, we would be here' argument holds no water with me, because if you're doing that, you firstly should take out the top scorer from EVERY team and see how the league looks.

And yes I have moaned about how we only have 1 striker (who hasn't) but we all know it's an issue, so it's not as if the point is being enforced by raising this argument. It's just confirming what we know. We need another striker.

I think Sturridge could surprise a few, for the first time in his career, he should be getting a decent run in the team and I can see him getting us about 10 goals maybe, before the season ends.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #248: Dec 31, 2012 05:35:17 pm
      It's ridiculous because it's such a 'what if' scenario. Take out the top scorer from any team and you will see a drop, it's logical. Everyone knows we're light up top, but the whole 'if we didn't have his goals, we would be here' argument holds no water with me, because if you're doing that, you firstly should take out the top scorer from EVERY team and see how the league looks.

And yes I have moaned about how we only have 1 striker (who hasn't) but we all know it's an issue, so it's not as if the point is being enforced by raising this argument. It's just confirming what we know. We need another striker.

I think Sturridge could surprise a few, for the first time in his career, he should be getting a decent run in the team and I can see him getting us about 10 goals maybe, before the season ends.

Hopefully he'll get abou four against Mansfield to get his confidence up. Shame Borini isn't fit as well come to that.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #249: Dec 31, 2012 05:36:11 pm

Hopefully he'll get abou four against Mansfield to get his confidence up. Shame Borini isn't fit as well come to that.

Actually, the Echo reported a few weeks ago that's the earliest Borini will be back, so he could very well be on the bench for that one.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #250: Dec 31, 2012 09:05:54 pm

Ah Borini I really hope the kids proves me wrong.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #251: Dec 31, 2012 09:10:40 pm
      Ah Borini I really hope the kids proves me wrong.

I think he will. I'll put my bollocks in the vice and say I think he'll score very heavily for us when he comes back.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #252: Dec 31, 2012 09:12:01 pm

I think he will. I'll put my bollocks in the vice and say I think he'll score very heavily for us when he comes back.
      I am glad it s your bollocks mate.But I really hope your right.

Quick Reply