Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Tottenham Hotspursy

Read 139249 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Spuds thread.
      Reply #115: Jul 06, 2011 08:38:27 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #116: Jul 06, 2011 08:59:50 pm
      Was watching Modric on Sky Sports news earlier, he clearly want's out and stated a move to Chelsea was not impossible, he has a meeting with Levy tomorrow, I'm expecting he'll be told to hand in a transfer request which he'll duly do.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #117: Jul 06, 2011 09:03:00 pm
      Saw the interview. That's one unhappy looking player. Tap tap tap goes the Chelsea target strategy
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #118: Jul 06, 2011 09:11:51 pm
      Saw the interview. That's one unhappy looking player. Tap tap tap goes the Chelsea target strategy

Yup thats what I thought mate and he had the chance to distance himself from a move but chose to give the impression he wants one, think ol 'Arry will struggle to replace Modric.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #119: Jul 06, 2011 09:14:25 pm
      Was watching Modric on Sky Sports news earlier, he clearly want's out and stated a move to Chelsea was not impossible, he has a meeting with Levy tomorrow, I'm expecting he'll be told to hand in a transfer request which he'll duly do.

He's had the meeting earlier on, and from that Levi said he isn't for sale, and that Luka is "ok" with it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #120: Jul 06, 2011 09:16:30 pm
      He's had the meeting earlier on, and from that Levi said he isn't for sale, and that Luka is "ok" with it.

Has he, I've been passed out on the couch for a few hours, took some tramadol earlier and lights out. ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #121: Jul 06, 2011 09:21:39 pm
      Yeah Levi said the player is not for sale. Also said Modric understands. Ie make the cheque a big one
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #122: Jul 06, 2011 09:26:13 pm
      Yeah Levi said the player is not for sale. Also said Modric understands. Ie make the cheque a big one

So the next step is Modric hands in a transfer request when Chelsea makes another offer.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #123: Jul 06, 2011 09:57:52 pm
      Kenny should pipe up like Fergie did to us with Adam.

"His nose alone is worth £10M"
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #124: Jul 06, 2011 10:07:14 pm
      Kenny should pipe up like Fergie did to us with Adam.

"His nose alone is worth £10M"

Got to be £20m for the size of it and the hook like feature.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #125: Jul 06, 2011 10:13:36 pm
      I'm sure Arry will be given a platform again on Sky although god knows why.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #126: Jul 06, 2011 11:54:39 pm
      I'm sure Arry will be given a platform again on Sky although god knows why.

Why would Fowler know?  :confused-smiley-013:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #127: Jul 13, 2011 07:12:58 pm
      Spurs finish 4th get Champions league football so Moderic signs a 6 year contract that is basically his entire top class career.  They finish 5th the next season and he doesn't want to play another single game never mind 5 years.  Spurs are smaller than Everton as they can keep  good player for much longer.

Everything for Harry from now is down the loud mouth one season wonder!

Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur
      Reply #128: Jul 27, 2011 04:56:52 am
      Please don't tell me he's revived another 2-3 dusty topic yet again  ;D Because I strongly believe we got to jam the topics and avoid creating scattering subjects  :roll:

Spurs claim battling win

Tue, 26 Jul 22:16:08 2011

Roman Pavlyuchenko netted a double as a Tottenham XI featuring a number of first-team regulars enjoyed an entertaining 5-3 friendly win at MK Dons.

The Russia striker twice slotted home after being played in by Niko Kranjcar as the Barclays Premier League side led 2-0 at the interval, though their League One opponents could have been level at that stage as Jay O'Shea missed a good chance and Sam Baldock hit the post.

But Luke Chadwick curled home a superb 25-yard strike to cut the deficit and Jabo Ibehre touched home Daniel Powell's shot to equalise.

Harry Kane replaced Jermain Defoe and scored twice, either side of a stunning 35-yard dipping volley from stand-out performer Kranjcar, while Ibehre added his second and the Dons' third.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26072011/63/spurs-claim-battling-win.html

They still got strong organization with descent quality players and a very good manager in Harry Redknap who knows a lot about the league and clubs.

I envy them for that Niko Kranjcar. I like his style in the middle of the park. What a good player he is.
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #129: Jul 30, 2011 07:32:28 pm
      Spurs win in Amex curtain-raiser

Sat, 30 Jul 17:37:19 2011

Ashley Barnes hit the first senior goal at Brighton's new Amex Stadium but the hosts were beaten 3-2 by Tottenham.

The Seagulls officially opened their new 22,500-seater ground with glamour clash against the Premier League side and found the net after only 11 minutes.

New signing Craig Mackail-Smith played the ball across the penalty area and Barnes had a tap-in to christen the Seagulls' new home in style.

Tottenham levelled when Younes Kaboul fired in after a goalmouth scramble, and the visitors took the lead before half-time through Vedran Corluka who shot in off the post.

Newcastle loanee Kazenga LuaLua cut inside and fired a fine equaliser but Harry Redknapp's side grabbed a winner through Jake Livermore.

EuroSport

Another show of fighting spirit by the Spurs I think. Beating minnows is not a matter to discuss but the form of their players and overall performance is a key to analyze their improvement.
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #130: Aug 08, 2011 06:39:44 am
      Tottenham striker Crouch amazed by spending of nearest rivals

Tottenham striker Peter Crouch is amazed by the spending of their Premier League rivals.

Crouch admits he is astonished at the level of spending at the likes of Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool but the England striker is still confident Spurs are serious contenders for a top-four place.

"It's amazing when you look at the other teams around us have spent. It's a hell of a lot of money," Crouch said.

"I look around our dressing room though and there are a lot of players there who I wouldn't swap for theirs.

"I still believe that we have more than enough ability.

"The aim has to be to get into the top four. It's going to be difficult. There are some top sides up there that have strengthened but I would still put ourselves right up there with a chance."

TriballFootball

They'll do good again this season but I don't think they can surpass us for a top 4 finishing. You're not that good Crouchie  8)
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #131: Aug 08, 2011 06:55:28 am
      Tottenham defender Dawson not panicking over lack of summer arrivals

Tottenham defender Michael Dawson insists they're not panicking over their lack of summer signings.

The cash available to the likes of ­Chelsea, Manchester United and ­Manchester City has made them hot ­favourites to fill the top three in the table again this ­season.

But the England centre-back ­insisted to the Sunday Mirror: “You cannot say that at the start of the season.

“The players that the likes of Manchester City have brought in and the money they have got, well that of course puts them in pole position.

“But we broke into the top four two years ago and I don’t see why we cannot do it again. We know it is going to be tough but we have top players.

“The challenge for us is even greater but we believe we can do it again.

“You look at the City squad and of course it is going to be difficult. But there are others like Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool.

“There will he hard games for us, but also hard games for them. We have shown a lot of character in recent years with our results.

“I mean we were 2-0 down at Arsenal last season and still won and we also went to Liverpool and won for the first time in many years. We are all gutted not to be in the Champions League and the aim is to be back there.”

TriballFootball

went to Liverpool and won for the first time in many years

That's history. Wait and see who has the last laugh  8)

That's not good for them I think. Keeping player together for years is a good thing but you have to improve your squad when the rivals do.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #132: Aug 08, 2011 09:56:59 am
      It remains to be seen how they perform domestically, after a game in the the Europa league.

I honestly can't see them doing any better compared to how bad we were doing, after games in the E/L.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #133: Aug 08, 2011 10:01:51 am
      Not worried about spurs, no investment into the team, thursday night trips to russia and wherever else playing on sunday league type pitches, they won't be a threat to the top 4 IMO

Modric will go and it will probably be on deadline day or close to it, giving spurs no time to strengthen.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #134: Aug 08, 2011 10:09:19 am
      When I heard that there was a riot at Tottenham, my first thought was F***ing hell it's only a pre-season friendly !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #135: Aug 08, 2011 02:05:39 pm
      According tot he 4th official on twitter Lassana Diarra is flying in for a medical at Spuds later on.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #136: Aug 08, 2011 02:07:54 pm
      over rated IMO.

rather have lucas any day  ;)
      Bier
      Reply #137: Aug 08, 2011 05:06:27 pm
      I think they're also signing Bryan Ruiz, from Twente. He admitted yesterday that they're in contact with his agent, and said he'd like to join them.

Quick Reply