Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce -> Feyenoord)

Read 257676 times
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Re: Dirk Kuyt Player Thread
      Reply #115: Mar 20, 2008 06:01:32 am
      Dirk = Work, our own Duracell bunny just keeps going!

In his defense Kuyt has not had a fantastic season due to a number of factors. His concentration levels may not have been as focused as we'd have liked but he did lose his Dad, who he was very closed to, in tragic circumstances. I can't imagine how bad that must be for him to deal with especially in the public glare of expectation. I have been guilty of the same frustration as most but I believe he will finally turn the corner and continue with the form we initially appreciated him for.

It is obvious to most, if not all, that he is amongst the hardest grafters in the squad and that is commendable when we ask the question "Who fights for the badge and his place to wear a RED shirt?" Dirk, defiantly. If there was a stat for efforts against the woodwork he would probably be up near the top of the pile, it's a fine line between success and failure, hero and villan. There's a few attempts I can recall recently and some have been converted off the rebound. His strike against Inter was crucial in their undoing and when all's said and done the guy is giving 100% every time he plays despite playing out of position. I actually think it suits the player and the system at present.

Keep up the good work Dirk! ;) :kop5cf8koxp6:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #116: Mar 21, 2008 05:12:56 am
      I truly believe that all our questions and doubts about Dirk's goal scoring deficiencies this season, will be forgiven, when he scores the winner against the Scum on Sunday. GO YOU REDS.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #117: Mar 21, 2008 12:56:50 pm
      Amen mate, i think Kuyts gona go on a good run and score and assist for the majority of the season now. :soccer_h4h:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #118: Mar 24, 2008 11:39:21 pm
      Amen mate, I think Kuyts gona go on a good run and score and assist for the majority of the season now. :soccer_h4h:

:lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #119: Mar 24, 2008 11:44:21 pm
      Amen mate, i think Kuyts gona go on a good run and score and assist for the majority of the season now.

:o :o :o :o

:lmao: :lmao:

I'll get myself off the floor now, cos that was Hilarious
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #120: Mar 24, 2008 11:50:17 pm
      Amen mate, i think Kuyts gona go on a good run and score and assist for the majority of the season now. :soccer_h4h:

Get your coat Dobbs!!!

:lmao:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #121: Mar 24, 2008 11:51:40 pm
      Has anyone ever swapped the initials of his first and second name around and said it out loud? It defines this season for him when scoring is concerned.  :D
      My mate said that to me at the weekend and I did laugh.

Next season is a big one for Kirk, for sure.  ;)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #122: Mar 24, 2008 11:52:02 pm
      He must be F***ing rattling 'em in in training! Getting all this game time.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #123: Mar 25, 2008 10:06:00 am
      He must be F***ing rattling 'em in in training! Getting all this game time.

Rafa's shown he loves the guy, I don't think he's doing anything special in training. How many times earlier in the season has Kuyt been completely ineffectual, whereas Babel one of our most dangerous players, and Benitez has taken off Babel? It's crazzzzy to me, and sorry but compare our right winger (pretty much Kuyt in this formation we play) to the rest of the 'top four' and even outside of it with Everton. I'd take Ronaldo, Joe Cole, Hleb/Rosicky, and Arteta over Dirky any day of the week.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #124: Mar 25, 2008 11:14:38 am
      Here goes,dont think ive ever slagged off one of our players and if i get proved wrong i will apologise but all the hype that Kuyt is hard working just dont cut it for me (Robbie savage was hard working could he play for LFC deffinately not) .I do like him  he seems a good honest type of a man but,and a big but ,we dont want headless chickens we want to win hopefully with style although that is not always possible ,takes me back to Craig jhonson hard working deffinately but class ,100% yes, thats the difference.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #125: Mar 25, 2008 01:51:35 pm
      Sorry guys but as much as you dislike him playing at the mo his place is as cemented as stevies really. He isnt moving an inch in the summer.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #126: Mar 26, 2008 01:17:29 pm
      It's pretty frustrating watching  him play but look he's no winger and was and is is asked to be one. How can it be that he was scoring goals for fun back in Holland and struggled over here. He's not one of the talllest, biggest and fastest around, so how can we expect him to go pass defenders from outside the box? Put him inside the box and see how it goes. If memory proves me right he's far more lethal inside than outside the box. I can hardly remember him scoring goals from outside the box. He's got some good understanding with Torres inside the box, it's just that we need to play them together more often inside the box to create the same understanding as Keegan/Toshack and Rush/Dalglish. I'll give Kuyt a benefit of a doubt and play him inside the box more often and see how it goes.
      « Last Edit: Mar 26, 2008 01:20:20 pm by redkop63, Reason: missing word »
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #127: Mar 26, 2008 04:24:07 pm
      i get the feeling that dirk knows a big fat dirty secret of rafas, and thats why rafa consistenly plays him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #128: Mar 30, 2008 06:37:43 pm
      Or that despite all the sh*te we give him about not scoring, he gets his head down and works.

f***in well played today Dirk, battled and ran his bollocks off today.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #129: Mar 30, 2008 06:38:23 pm
      Agreed, Dirk played he socks off today, brilliant performance  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #130: Mar 30, 2008 06:48:32 pm
      Smigger, sometimes a player like him is needed for games like today, you just know how those dogs would play, so good to see Dirk and Gerrard getting in amongst them today.

His shooting at goal is still sh*t mind, needed a slight deflection to help that curler, but would of been a nice goal for Kuyt
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #131: Mar 31, 2008 08:39:49 am
      As long the team is scoring goals does it really matter if Kuyt does not score,he deserves credit for the fact his head never drops if things go wrong .He just doing what he does best (keeps working.)RAFA must rate him as he keeps selecting him and thats good enough for me.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #132: Mar 31, 2008 08:45:25 am
      Agreed, Dirk played he socks off today, brilliant performance  ;)
      As long the team is scoring goals does it really matter if Kuyt does not score,he deserves credit for the fact his head never drops if things go wrong .He just doing what he does best (keeps working.)RAFA must rate him as he keeps selecting him and thats good enough for me.
      Or that despite all the sh*te we give him about not scoring, he gets his head down and works.

f***in well played today Dirk, battled and ran his bollocks off today.

I agree with you all, we will sell him at our peril! full stop
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #133: Mar 31, 2008 10:38:23 am
      Praise where praise is due he ran his bollocks off for the whole 90 minutes
      PWJ505
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #134: Mar 31, 2008 03:48:47 pm
      yes its true that he works hard and deserves credit for it, but I am not sure why Rafa plays him on the right side of midfield as he isn't fast, he hasn't go much of a cross and he rarely succeeds at beating defenders, therefore why not use that position with a real winger
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #135: Apr 02, 2008 01:36:58 am
      I'm attempting a new tactic this week.

If you're reading this Rafa, prepare for my amazing reverse psychology powers.....

'Kuyt played very well last week.  He looks 100% fit.  He is a goalscoring machine. You must play him tomorrow'

Fingers crossed.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #136: Apr 03, 2008 12:36:19 am
      I'm attempting a new tactic this week.

If you're reading this Rafa, prepare for my amazing reverse psychology powers.....

'Kuyt played very well last week.  He looks 100% fit.  He is a goalscoring machine. You must play him tomorrow'

Fingers crossed.

Well he scored today...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #137: Apr 03, 2008 02:29:12 am
      Man of the match for me and he deserved to score.

Quick Reply