Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

John Arne Riise - Player Thread

Read 35665 times
      therealdermot
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 20 posts |
      John Arne Riise - Player Thread
      Aug 27, 2006 07:59:31 pm
      Does anyone know when John Arne Riise will be fit? Coz I want him back hes a brilliant player 8)
      « Last Edit: Sep 17, 2007 12:35:40 am by redkenny »
      championlonglegs
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -3 
      • Yes
      Riise
      Reply #1: Aug 27, 2006 08:18:46 pm
      I think they said he will be back in training in 2 or 3 weeks.
      But I wouldent worry that much coz fabio looks good and well agger is just a superb replacement for the injured carragher.
      therealdermot
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 20 posts |
      Riise
      Reply #2: Aug 27, 2006 08:27:47 pm
      yeah thanks. im not worrying or anything its just that i have him on a fantasy football team i have and don't wanna sell him. i could just get gonzalez but i like riise so... :shock:
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Riise
      Reply #3: Aug 27, 2006 08:37:57 pm
      wot is really annoying is that norway have called him into their euro qualifier squad rafa isnt to happy bout
      therealdermot
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 20 posts |
      Riise
      Reply #4: Aug 27, 2006 08:42:27 pm
      they better not play him other wise he might be out for more than 'a few weeks'. And oh yeah, does anyone know the situation on Daniel Alves i hear Benitez might try and get him on the last day of the transfer window. Or is this just usual tabloid trash???
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Riise
      Reply #5: Aug 27, 2006 08:47:03 pm
      he mite try but i think it will be january or end of the season when we hear that name again
      therealdermot
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 20 posts |
      Riise
      Reply #6: Aug 27, 2006 08:48:51 pm
      yeah we probly wont get him on the last day. Remeber the last time we tried to do that with simao :roll:
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Riise
      Reply #7: Aug 28, 2006 09:37:29 am
      riise is a legend :D
      therealdermot
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 20 posts |
      Riise
      Reply #8: Aug 28, 2006 09:54:34 am
      Yes he is. :mrgreen:
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Riise
      Reply #9: Aug 28, 2006 12:28:19 pm
      Riise...behind gerrard... is one of my fav players.... ive always like riise and he has turned out to be one of the best left sided players in the prem!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: John Arne Riise - Player Thread
      Reply #10: Sep 17, 2007 01:00:04 am
      I'm thinking his Liverpool days are numbered.

Even though Arbeloa's true position is at right back, I can't help but feel Rafa prefers him more than Riise at left back. I wouldn't be surprised if Arbeloa plays more league games than Riise this season. And with the interest shown in Heinze over the summer, I think that was an indication of more improvement in the defensive department for that position. So come January, will we see more interest in a defensive minded left back?

Riise can be used in a more attacking role but with Aurelio coming back to full fitness I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the nod over Riise if Aurelio can carry on where he left off. And then there's always Kewell to think about - but that's another debate!

Now our squad is evolving, the only thing i see Riise has going for him is his rocket of a shot. Is that going to be enough to keep him on the books?
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #11: Sep 17, 2007 02:08:15 am
      Now our squad is evolving, the only thing I see Riise has going for him is his rocket of a shot. Is that going to be enough to keep him on the books?
      I'm not so sure that Riise is on his way out. He is 27 next week; in his prime, and I don't think he's done a lot wrong, and has certainly created some memories going forward. As you say, he can play left back or left wing, which is another factor.
      I agree in that I can see him not playing so many games with the other players we have now - but to my mind there would have to be an exceptional left back brought in first before we should consider saying goodbye to John. I think - and hope - that rumours of his demise at Anfield are premature.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #12: Sep 17, 2007 11:26:33 am
      Risse' is a big game player. we lost a great big-game player in Luis Garcia.. Sometime this season we are gonna play an important game and be in trouble and Risse's gonna pull a bolt of magic from his arse to save us. Just you watch.

He'll always have a place in my squad
      Jrwanderer
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • Team Spirit of Champions
      Reply #13: Sep 18, 2007 01:33:58 pm
      Risse' is a big game player. we lost a great big-game player in Luis Garcia.. Sometime this season we are gonna play an important game and be in trouble and Risse's gonna pull a bolt of magic from his arse to save us. Just you watch.

And Mine! ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #14: Sep 21, 2007 10:06:48 am

It's his birthday on Monday.

Where you taking him?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15: Sep 22, 2007 05:43:35 pm
      hes overrated. one foot at the level he plays at his disgraceful. and twice today when we were moving forward putting a bit of pressure on he played a ball backwards to reina wouldnt be to upset if i never saw him playing for us again to be honest   
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #16: Sep 23, 2007 02:20:25 am
      Brian78 - i agree with what you say but Riise is very gifted. Ive smacked a few balls not many ;) riise is quality and should play in midfield. He has got a weakness playing at LB, but he is strong and tough player.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #17: Sep 24, 2007 12:08:49 pm
      Brian78 - I agree with what you say but Riise is very gifted.

I'm not quite sure how you can agree with someone saying that he's over-rated & would be happy if he never played for us again, and then say 'but he's very gifted' ???

I personally think he's a handy squad player but nothing else. Definitely not good enough in any department to be a first team regular.
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #18: Sep 24, 2007 04:59:43 pm
      I meant I agree with what he said about Riise against Birmingham passing the ball back to Reina and fluffing alot of shots, i just think he had a bad game thats all. 
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2007 05:02:33 pm by Ju »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #19: Sep 24, 2007 05:20:34 pm
      He was crap on Saturday, but for most games at left back he's just not good enough anymore, aurelio and arbeloa better choices than JAR.

As for his shooting, when he gets them on target, yeah they're unstoppable, but it's when they're on target though
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #20: Sep 24, 2007 06:11:10 pm
      When we first got him he was class, but in the past few seasons he has just gone downhill, i think many people refuse to see that he can't defend, because of his goals, but how many of these does he score in a season? Other than his shot he's got nothing going for him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #21: Sep 24, 2007 06:14:36 pm
      One of the things that annoyed me on saturday, was dropping Finnan, playing Arbeloa right-back, then bringing back riise at left-back - just could not understand the reasoning behind it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #22: Sep 24, 2007 06:21:00 pm
      his goal against utd made him a fan fav and he does score some crackers but overall he hasnt got the ability required to play for Liverpool. id say 90% of his free kicks hit the wall about 10% of his crosses/corners dont deflect off an opponent he frustrates the sh*te out of me

Quick Reply