Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

What ever happened to ... ?

Read 193785 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,217 posts | 4917 
      Re: What ever happened to ... ?
      Reply #621: Feb 12, 2015 09:35:57 pm
      ha your part of the f***in problem you do F**k all to resolve these things you snidy little f**ker

Classy words about a man who runs this site for no personal gain, pretty sure it has cost him money at times, and in his spare time.

If you don't like the place so much Walt there is no one asking you to keep posting.
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2015 09:59:29 pm by srslfc »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #622: Feb 12, 2015 09:41:25 pm
      All the best Skip....very sorry to see you depart the forum xx
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #623: Feb 12, 2015 09:53:20 pm
      All the best Skip....very sorry to see you depart the forum xx

This every day of the week.

Just come across this very sad news, all the best. YNWA.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #624: Feb 12, 2015 10:28:48 pm
      Big respect to anyone who goes out of their way to help others in times of hardship without asking for anything in return and, likewise, best of luck to all those beset by problems in their personal lives. All these things matter far more than anything said on an internet forum.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #625: Feb 12, 2015 10:35:06 pm
      Big respect to anyone who goes out of their way to help others in times of hardship without asking for anything in return and, likewise, best of luck to all those beset by problems in their personal lives. All these things matter far more than anything said on an internet forum.

Well said.  Some of the revelations in the past couple of pages have been in poor taste, not actually helped anybody and made me question the integrity of some members.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #626: Feb 12, 2015 11:03:03 pm
      Bout F***ing time he went, miserable little bleeder. ;)

Nah seriously Skip, if you read this thread mate you'll see you will be missed on the forum. Whatever anybody thinks about you, they can never question your love for Liverpool Football Club and ultimately that's what this place is designed for - for people who love our club to discuss it. Never had a problem with you meself, which puts you in a very small category of people :laugh:

Hope you're feeling better in the very near future. And hope to see you back on here one day.

YNWA Skip.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #627: Feb 12, 2015 11:04:14 pm
      While in this thread, what has happened to Bpatel?

Was in the cricket thread the other day and it just struck me that we always used to have a good gab in there. She's been gone yonks like.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #628: Feb 12, 2015 11:12:28 pm
      While in this thread, what has happened to Bpatel?

Was in the cricket thread the other day and it just struck me that we always used to have a good gab in there. She's been gone yonks like.

She has a new job I think, but she said she was very busy with with it, and enjoying it too!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #629: Feb 13, 2015 12:47:02 am
      Well said.  Some of the revelations in the past couple of pages have been in poor taste, not actually helped anybody and made me question the integrity of some members.

I assume it is me you are referring to JD,I can assure I made the revelations in the best taste possible. The initial post of mine was to let all members of this forum know what a good man Skip is and how he went out of his way to help a RED who was in sh*t street to get some respect back in his life. I have nothing but admiration for Skip and if this goes against the grain with LFCREDS then you have the power to curtail my membership even though I have done nothing wrong.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #630: Feb 13, 2015 02:35:44 am
      I assume it is me you are referring to JD,

Not just you but...

Who have your comments helped?

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #631: Feb 13, 2015 02:49:34 am
      Not just you but...

Who have your comments helped?

As far as I am concerned I have set the record straight regarding Skip, I have set out to show the man he is and not the person some have portrayed him to be. I am sure you would do the same for good mate of yours if he was being maligned like Skip has been.
             If you think my posts and only my posts are dragging LFCREDS down just say the word and I will refrain from posting. At my age my only concern is the progress (or lack of) of Liverpool Football Club.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #632: Feb 13, 2015 06:11:21 am
      Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with your post Billy. All you did was to inform us of a member who would rather spend his time taking on a proper battle. A serious battle that very few of us were even aware of. It wouldn't or shouldn't have been too much to ask for by way of a little showing of dignity and compassion. Instead, as is the norm it would seem with this forum, others have twisted individual posts and used them for their own agendas.

What should have been a platform in demonstrating as to why LFC are the most caring and compassionate supporters in the world is slowly descending in to another tit-for-tat slanging match.

Quite sad really. :-[ :-[ 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #633: Feb 13, 2015 08:26:18 am
      Only just read this because two others had a little squabble in another thread in the Kop referring to this thread.

Didnt know he was ill. Dont even read these boards anymore. All the best to him and his family, cancer is a terrible thing. YNWA.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #634: Feb 13, 2015 09:02:09 am
      Classy words about a man who runs this site for no personal gain, pretty sure it has cost him money at times, and in his spare time.

If you don't like the place so much Walt there is no one asking you to keep posting.

Totally agree, absolutely uncalled for and out of order.
      To be honest I do get the impression there is some F***ing good ganga going about here.
      Have had contact with the L4 lad many times and although he does have extreme views on many subjects have usually in a broader sense empathised with the root of his comment.
      Not so here, it is completely misdirected and inaccurate, I rather think when the red mist recedes people are going to have that same shade covering their faces. 
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #635: Feb 13, 2015 10:27:39 am
      Totally agree, absolutely uncalled for and out of order.
      To be honest I do get the impression there is some f**king good ganga going about here.
      Have had contact with the L4 lad many times and although he does have extreme views on many subjects have usually in a broader sense empathised with the root of his comment.
      Not so here, it is completely misdirected and inaccurate, I rather think when the red mist recedes people are going to have that same shade covering their faces.

Can't help but agree Stuey

I'm not really sure where all this stuff has come from, it's making the place difficult currently. We are meant to be grown ups but you wouldn't think it right now.

I had a pm chat with Skip the other day, I told him he shouldn't leave. That he should simply ignore those he doesn't get on with and not them drive him away.

End of the day I've disagreed with the way he has posted recently, only in terns of Rodgers.. Not because I'm a fervent Rodgers lover but because I felt the amount and style of his criticism was taking away from his actual viewpoint and was becoming a bit childish for want of a better word. But he should stick by them rather than walk away IMO.

But at the end of the day it's up to him if he's had enough. For the record though I think he will be back.

From a personal point of view i like Skip, he's a sound lad and I hope his health and future is strong.

Ynwa Skip

Also Si's comments to Walton were absolutely spot on
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #636: Feb 13, 2015 10:53:02 am
      When the dust settles we can only wish the lad well and hope he can see way clear to coming back to the forum as soon as.

YNWA Skip.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #637: Feb 13, 2015 11:03:04 am
      All a bit daft all this posturing and grandstanding IMHO. It's a football forum on the internet FFS, I can't help thinking people are over blowing the importance of things.

Skip's a sound lad who talks utter bollocks most of the time. In that sense, he fits in very well with the rest of us on here. I agree with about one word in ever hundred he posts, but that doesn't mean me and him won't have a beer or two when he comes back to Wimbledon, his old stamping ground. I've no doubt that by then he'll be back on the forum because by then we'll have had a bad run and he can get stuck back into Brendan. FFS I hope he does, because the forum would be as boring as f*ck if everyone just agreed with each other all the time.

On a slightly separate note, where the f*ck is S@int?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #638: Feb 13, 2015 11:06:30 am

On a slightly separate note, where the f*ck is S@int?

Aye that's one

I hope it is as simple as him having enough for a while and taking a break. Hopefully he will be back very soon, he's one of the best posters on here.

No song and dance or arguments, just having a break for a while

Now get back ASAP S@int lad
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #639: Feb 13, 2015 12:15:22 pm
      She has a new job I think, but she said she was very busy with with it, and enjoying it too!

Nice one.

Long as she's keeping well.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #640: Feb 13, 2015 12:34:10 pm
      Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with your post Billy. All you did was to inform us of a member who would rather spend his time taking on a proper battle. A serious battle that very few of us were even aware of. It wouldn't or shouldn't have been too much to ask for by way of a little showing of dignity and compassion. Instead, as is the norm it would seem with this forum, others have twisted individual posts and used them for their own agendas.

What should have been a platform in demonstrating as to why LFC are the most caring and compassionate supporters in the world is slowly descending in to another tit-for-tat slanging match.

Quite sad really. :-[ :-[ 

This is spot on.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #641: Feb 13, 2015 12:50:27 pm

It certainly is Luke and it is amazing, nay astonishing the lengths the ill informed are prepared to go to to ingratiate their half arsed agendas. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #642: Feb 13, 2015 01:12:43 pm
      First time posting on this thread didn't know about it until recently.

Usually if a longstanding regularly active member of a forum suddenly becomes inactive it's for personal reasons. Forum members should never be presumptuous as to what these reasons are as it could be a very personal and sensitive issue.

Remember we are a family, we may bicker and differ in opinions like all family members do. But we all share the same bond in our passion for this great club. It is fine to debate even argue amongst ourselves sometimes. But we should never lose our compassion for our fellow supporters.

YNWA.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #643: Feb 13, 2015 05:44:37 pm
      As far as I am concerned I have set the record straight regarding Skip, I have set out to show the man he is and not the person some have portrayed him to be. I am sure you would do the same for good mate of yours if he was being maligned like Skip has been.
             If you think my posts and only my posts are dragging LFCREDS down just say the word and I will refrain from posting. At my age my only concern is the progress (or lack of) of Liverpool Football Club.

Ay Bill, big love for Eurored. He come out of the right end of a big battle last year and I love all that, I really do.

Also, doing what he done for whoever the smarmy little leech, who has basically took advantage of him and is obviously happy in carrying on life knowing what he has done, says a lot about Skip as a person.

I've no doubt i'd get on with Skip out there in the real world. Let's not get away from the fact though that Skip was loving a lot of the arguing and instigating a hell of a lot of it. He also threw the odd mad comment or article from way back in to a thread just to blatantly wind people up and start a verbal tear up.

That doesn't mean he is a bad person. I wonder how the little rat who had him off comes across on this? I didn't agree with a lot of what Skip said but just because it got heated between him and a few that doesn't mean he has to f**k off. He gave as good as he got and at the end of the day this is an internet forum and no matter how much I agreed or disagreed with Skip or the guy who had him over, the story you've told is probably the only time I've ever judged anybody on a personal level on this forum.

Skip has a heart of gold for what he done and whoever that wretch is he should hang his head in shame.

I mean it when I say that I genuinely hope Skip stays healthy and comes back but hopefully not so much in the Brendan Rodgers thread ;)

Quick Reply