Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

What ever happened to ... ?

Read 194111 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: What ever happened to ... ?
      Reply #644: Feb 14, 2015 09:00:58 pm
      I'm very sad to see Skip retire from the forum. I don't necessarily always agree with his opinions but I love his presence and I think he's a top top guy. It was wonderful to here that he had recovered from that horrible disease and

But to be honest the last couple of pages have been a disappointment.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #645: Mar 15, 2015 08:57:56 pm
      Whatever happened to....S@int? Heard off another poster that a past member of another forum (Stu the red) tragically passed away at 31 years old recently (f****** unbelievable isn't it?) and I'm starting to worry about the best poster on LFC forums there is. Stu the red was a great lad, as combative as Corbally and as passionate and knowledgeable as DLS. A truly awful outcome at such a young age.

S@int though, f***s sake hope he's alright.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #646: Mar 15, 2015 09:04:37 pm
      Whatever happened to....S@int? Heard off another poster that a past member of another forum (Stu the red) tragically passed away at 31 years old recently (f****** unbelievable isn't it?) and I'm starting to worry about the best poster on LFC forums there is. Stu the red was a great lad, as combative as Corbally and as passionate and knowledgeable as DLS. A truly awful outcome at such a young age.

Absolutely love Saint and his manner of debating was spot on imo.

One of the funniest and most knowledgeable guys on this forum and it would be truly tragic if what you say is true. Wherever he is I wish him all the very best indeed.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,241 posts | 4929 
      Reply #647: Mar 15, 2015 09:15:12 pm

Hope so. Great poster.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #648: Mar 15, 2015 09:42:19 pm
      Yeah I miss S@int.

Massive amount of respect I have for him. Hope he's ok wherever he is
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #649: Mar 15, 2015 10:01:13 pm
      Echo all the posts above.

Wherever you are mate, I hope you're okay.

YNWA
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #650: Mar 21, 2015 12:02:56 am
      Just called in to say all the best to Skip. We have been keeping in touch via PM and his last post pointed me in the direction of the Arkles.

Just want to say that i may only know Skip through this forum but i feel like i do know him well. My old man was diagnosed with cancer a long time ago but is alright now. The way Skip posts and gets his feelings over sort of relates to the passion my father has. He reminds me a lot of my dad. I didn't know what he'd done for that member at Christmas but i remember who it was. I hope that gets sorted out.

It's a shame to see a stalwart like Skip leave but hopefully he'll be back, i'd love to meet him one day. The funny thing is, never once did i judge Skip or condemn him for his comments. I was just able to understand his frustration and also be understanding of how older men respond to frustration, with lots of anger. Anger that is understandable.

How some of his detractors were unable to empathise with Skip totally baffled me. Just because the younger supporters ( not all of them ) are not used to success it's easier for them to accept failure. Skip and many others on this forum were brought up on success, they lived, breathed and sh*t success. If other supporters cannot understand their frustration then there really is no hope.

All the best Skip.

You'll Never Walk Alone.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #651: Mar 21, 2015 07:30:44 am
      Just called in to say all the best to Skip. We have been keeping in touch via PM and his last post pointed me in the direction of the Arkles.

Just want to say that i may only know Skip through this forum but i feel like i do know him well. My old man was diagnosed with cancer a long time ago but is alright now. The way Skip posts and gets his feelings over sort of relates to the passion my father has. He reminds me a lot of my dad. I didn't know what he'd done for that member at Christmas but i remember who it was. I hope that gets sorted out.

It's a shame to see a stalwart like Skip leave but hopefully he'll be back, i'd love to meet him one day. The funny thing is, never once did i judge Skip or condemn him for his comments. I was just able to understand his frustration and also be understanding of how older men respond to frustration, with lots of anger. Anger that is understandable.

How some of his detractors were unable to empathise with Skip totally baffled me. Just because the younger supporters ( not all of them ) are not used to success it's easier for them to accept failure. Skip and many others on this forum were brought up on success, they lived, breathed and sh*t success. If other supporters cannot understand their frustration then there really is no hope.

All the best Skip.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Skip is keeping well Hardcore, I am in regular contact with Skip and Walton via email. I pointed out in earlier posts my disgust at the vitriol aimed at Skip on this forum by some so called REDS.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #652: Mar 21, 2015 07:31:50 am

All the best Skip.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

p.s. Hope your old man is on the improve.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #653: Mar 21, 2015 08:07:49 pm
      p.s. Hope your old man is on the improve.

Thanks for asking Billy. He's been fine for a while now mate. I'm really going to miss Skip and walton too if i'm honest. As much as they can be annoying to some, something we are all capable of may i add, we are all guilty of getting on people's nerves, none no more than myself. What i fail to understand is how people can twist what Skip was saying and make it into a big deal. I'm pretty sure that most of us have thought Brendan was a pain in the arse at certain times at the start of the Season. It doesn't mean we want him to fail, no supporter would want that which makes it all the more frustrating when the gutless weasels gang up on him.

When i joined this forum in 2009 it was a completely different place. We all had arguments but it was always one on one, there were never any tossers waiting for the first person to start and then joining in once the gun had been fired. I'll read any posts if they are worth reading but they are normally followed with loads of piggy backing posts with no substance or depth.

Regardless of what Skip has said in his posts, posts that were typed in anger may i add, elders do not deserve to be treated like that. Elders are treated with respect where i come from and if anyone had spoke like that to him to his face in our area they would have been knocked out. Either by Skip himself or one of his own.

I really hope Skip and walton return to the forum soon as they are the very fabric of what we are about. They witnessed first hand what made us who we are and if they do not return it will be a shame.

I hope that the posters who goaded them are proud of themselves, karma is a bi*ch.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #654: Mar 21, 2015 09:22:17 pm
      Let's relax a bit Hardcore. Skip and I didn't get on for awhile but a couple of PM's and we sorted things out. I didn't agree with a lot of his opinions or the way he went about slating the boss but I understood him and found no reason to pile on. I think what you fail to address in your chiding of people that got into rows with him is that they didn't know about his history as a supporter, they didn't know how old he was or whatever. That doesn't make it ok but to make it out like they were intentionally being disrespectful of an elder is stretching things in my opinion.

As for Walton, I gave him every benefit of the doubt that I could because I knew he was a local and long time supporter of the club, but he has a "local supporter" chip on his shoulder the size of a boulder and more than a few times he was completely disrespectful in addressing some of us that unfortunately weren't around during the club's glory years or those of us that aren't fortunate enough to be locals. Where I come from, just because you are older than me doesn't give you the right to piss on me at your whim. So yes while you should respect your elders, if they take the opportunity to act like jackasses then they don't deserve that respect and shouldn't get it. There's a lot of stuff said by folks on both sides of these arguments that wouldn't be said face to face and a lot of folks could do well to remember that before they hit "post.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,241 posts | 4929 
      Reply #655: Mar 21, 2015 10:30:55 pm
      There's a lot of stuff said by folks on both sides of these arguments that wouldn't be said face to face and a lot of folks could do well to remember that before they hit "post.

Agre 100%.

Skip seems like a great lad and is missed here but he gave as good as he got.

One guy who I really miss on here is Redkenny. I do follow him on Twitter but have been so busy recently I never really get time to check all the stuff on there.

I know JD and Cas know him well and I'm sure he's fine but it would be great to see him post more often as he is a great red and has some fantastic football knowledge but also was one who I had great chats with in Tne Arkles threads along with the likes of Racer, Rep, BrooklynRed and a good few others. 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #656: Mar 21, 2015 10:40:10 pm
      Let's relax a bit Hardcore. Skip and I didn't get on for awhile but a couple of PM's and we sorted things out. I didn't agree with a lot of his opinions or the way he went about slating the boss but I understood him and found no reason to pile on. I think what you fail to address in your chiding of people that got into rows with him is that they didn't know about his history as a supporter, they didn't know how old he was or whatever. That doesn't make it ok but to make it out like they were intentionally being disrespectful of an elder is stretching things in my opinion.

As for Walton, I gave him every benefit of the doubt that I could because I knew he was a local and long time supporter of the club, but he has a "local supporter" chip on his shoulder the size of a boulder and more than a few times he was completely disrespectful in addressing some of us that unfortunately weren't around during the club's glory years or those of us that aren't fortunate enough to be locals. Where I come from, just because you are older than me doesn't give you the right to piss on me at your whim. So yes while you should respect your elders, if they take the opportunity to act like jackasses then they don't deserve that respect and shouldn't get it. There's a lot of stuff said by folks on both sides of these arguments that wouldn't be said face to face and a lot of folks could do well to remember that before they hit "post.

FLRED you say you sorted things out with Skip by a couple of pm,s, why did you not post what it was that you sorted out for the forum to see. The reason I say this is one poster has let everyone know that he has sorted things out with Skip by pm. Skip has told me this poster is one of the reasons he has stopped posting. This esteemed poster is the one and same who sent me 4 vile pm,s  hours after my daughter in law had died. The point I am making is apologies are easy to put in print but what are they worth at face value.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #657: Mar 21, 2015 10:46:29 pm
      Agre 100%.

Skip seems like a great lad and is missed here but he gave as good as he got.

One guy who I really miss on here is Redkenny. I do follow him on Twitter but have been so busy recently I never really get time to check all the stuff on there.

I know JD and Cas know him well and I'm sure he's fine but it would be great to see him post more often as he is a great red and has some fantastic football knowledge but also was one who I had great chats with in Tne Arkles threads along with the likes of Racer, Rep, BrooklynRed and a good few others. 

I'm seeing Redkenny next week at the Stevie celebration game Si, I will pass on your good wishes to him and yes, I miss him too, he was my first best friend on the forum all those years ago  :)

I know he's absolutely mad busy with work, his baby girl, the twins and Carolyn, hopefully as they grow, he'll get a bit more time to be back with us xxx
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,241 posts | 4929 
      Reply #658: Mar 21, 2015 10:48:15 pm
      I'm seeing Redkenny next week at the Stevie celebration game Si, I will pass on your good wishes to him and yes, I miss him too, he was my first best friend on the forum all those years ago  :)

Mine as well along with yourself and I'll always remember the warm welcome he, yourself JD and a few others gave me on my visit a few years back.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #659: Mar 21, 2015 10:51:19 pm
      Mine as well along with yourself and I'll always remember the warm welcome he, yourself JD and a few others gave me on my visit a few years back.

Nice one Si....and I hope to see you again soon xx tc   :) ynwa xx
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,241 posts | 4929 
      Reply #660: Mar 21, 2015 10:52:30 pm
      Nice one Si....and I hope to see you again soon xx tc   :) ynwa xx

Hopefully.

Not be this season though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #661: Mar 21, 2015 10:56:50 pm

I know he's absolutely mad busy with work, his baby girl, the twins and Carolyn, hopefully as they grow, he'll get a bit more time to be back with us xxx

Sound lad is Kenny, but I guess he might be too busy with all the girls in his life right now! :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,241 posts | 4929 
      Reply #662: Mar 21, 2015 11:03:01 pm
      Sound lad is Kenny, but I guess he might be too busy with all the girls in his life right now! :D

He is a top man mate.

One of the good guys.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #663: Mar 21, 2015 11:03:20 pm
      FLRED you say you sorted things out with Skip by a couple of pm,s, why did you not post what it was that you sorted out for the forum to see. The reason I say this is one poster has let everyone know that he has sorted things out with Skip by pm. Skip has told me this poster is one of the reasons he has stopped posting. This esteemed poster is the one and same who sent me 4 vile pm,s  hours after my daughter in law had died. The point I am making is apologies are easy to put in print but what are they worth at face value.

Why did I not post it.....because it was PRIVATE...hence why I used PM's Billy. If you have something you would like to discuss with me concerning any of this I suggest you do the same. While there's a few folks on this forum that annoy the complete and utter crap out of me, I don't have a beef with anyone. Like I said...much of what gets said to folks on here wouldn't ever be said in person. I try to always remember that before I press post, not always successful, but more often than not I am...a lot of others could use to do the same.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #664: Mar 22, 2015 08:43:43 am
      This esteemed poster is the one and same who sent me 4 vile pm,s  hours after my daughter in law had died. The point I am making is apologies are easy to put in print but what are they worth at face value.

Billy mate ID the pr**k and let's rid the forum of the sh*te. As you indicate let's have some clarity for the common good.

KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #665: Mar 22, 2015 07:10:12 pm

Agree with you Si, I also have them on facebook but the banter on here was something else.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #666: Apr 15, 2015 07:46:06 am
      What has happened to Scally 21,let us know you are o.k. Ade. Your posts have been missed. :kop5cf8koxp6:

Quick Reply