Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid -> Man City)

Read 320734 times
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid -> Man City)
      Jul 13, 2008 04:03:09 pm
      Reports coming out of Spain are linking Manchester United with a multi-million pound bid for Sergio Aguero after the player’s agent spoke of an English approach for the forward.

Agent Jose Segui has been quoted saying that a ‘leading English team’ have asked him to approach Atletico Madrid, and Segui ruled out Chelsea.

At 20 years of age, Aguero is already the star of the Atletico XI, and would easily command a transfer fee of around £30 million.

Liverpool wanted the Argentina international before he joined Atleti, and Rafa Benitez could use Xabi Alonso as part of a deal to bring Aguero to Anfield.

Arsene Wenger meanwhile would also have the funds if he sold Emmanuel Adebayor, but the Frenchman is notoriously thrifty in the transfer market.

The most obvious move would be United, where Aguero would act as a replacement for wantaway attacker Cristiano Ronaldo.

Segui is reported as saying on Saturday: “I have had interest from a leading English team and they have asked me to approach Atletico with a bid.

“I cannot say more until I have spoken to the club about the offer.

“All I can tell you is that it is one of the best teams in Europe and it's not Chelsea.”

From Setanta Sports.
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2011 07:45:45 pm by JD »
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid)
      Reply #1: Jul 13, 2008 04:11:48 pm
      Wow. Everyone knows how much I want Xabi to stay. Aguero is a phenominal player and I am very suprised by this, even though it could be not us but still, would people sacrifice Xabi if it mean being able to partner Aguero with Torres next season ? 

Thanks for that paulrobbo
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #2: Jul 13, 2008 04:26:48 pm
      The fact that United are in for Berbatov encourages me.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3: Jul 13, 2008 05:23:10 pm
      I don't see him coming to the Premiership right now. I can see a lot of clubs wanting him because he is a very talented player and was one of the best in La Liga last season.

Maybe in a few years time or if Altetico Madrid fall into mid-table and the lure of Champions League football can be used but right now when they are signing some good players and gearing up for a UCL run I can't see it.
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: Jul 13, 2008 05:26:19 pm
      I don't see him coming to the Premiership right now. I can see a lot of clubs wanting him because he is a very talented player and was one of the best in La Liga last season.

Maybe in a few years time or if Altetico Madrid fall into mid-table and the lure of Champions League football can be used but right now when they are signing some good players and gearing up for a UCL run I can't see it.

Mmmm, true. Can't see them letting their best player go while they're gearing up for the CL.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #5: Jul 13, 2008 05:40:59 pm
      Wow. Everyone knows how much I want Xabi to stay. Aguero is a phenominal player and I am very suprised by this, even though it could be not us but still, would people sacrifice Xabi if it mean being able to partner Aguero with Torres next season ? 

Thanks for that paulrobbo

To answer that question Yes, i like Aguero but for 30m no chance and also i reckon Barce is on the cards for him
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #6: Jul 13, 2008 07:17:39 pm
      Too lightweight IMO for the Premiership just yet.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Jul 13, 2008 07:51:50 pm
      Im not sure if he would be a good signing, it could take him a few years to adapt or he could adapt straight away. I would rather us get him in a few years if we are to get him as t would give him time to improve as a player. £30m is too much of a gamble on a 20 year old imo
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #8: Jul 13, 2008 08:26:43 pm
      £30m is too much of a gamble on a 20 year old imo

I agree.  We could do a lot more with our money.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #9: Jul 13, 2008 08:28:32 pm
      Apparantly he's also a dirty dirty player, the kind that gives your team a bad reputation. And he's also lightweight, like JD said. Not really sure if he's the answer.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #10: Jul 13, 2008 09:10:20 pm
      I thought we were on limited funds aswell  :-\
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #11: Jul 13, 2008 09:34:10 pm
      I thought we were on limited funds aswell  :-\

We are. Might end up throwing Alonso in though.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #12: Jul 13, 2008 10:11:46 pm
      30m for a 20 yr old? sweet jeebus that's some hefty money on an unproven talent. Torres was more established and better when we picked him up and he was still nigh on 10m less.

Mind you if a right friggin tosser like Adebayor is commanding around 30m I guess I can see it.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #13: Jul 13, 2008 10:29:43 pm

Spot on adammac, he is a quality player who would adapt easily to the premiership, but imo there is no way Athletico would want to lose him in a CL season.If we had money to burn, he would be one of the first on my shopping list, but at this moment I think that we should be focused on Keeping Xabi and aquiring Silva. I just hope that the mancs don't get him.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #14: Jul 14, 2008 02:02:34 am
      i looked at the story an thought "yes" but then i saw the fee that there askin and knew it was c-rap! plus he never really linked up well with el nino
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #15: Jul 14, 2008 02:53:25 am
      I looked at the story an thought "yes" but then I saw the fee that there askin and knew it was c-rap! plus he never really linked up well with el nino

Yes but Neither Nando or Aguero had Stevie G at Atheltico did they...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16: Jul 14, 2008 03:12:43 am
      No thanks. Would be hacked to the bone in this league and for a rising 20 year old it could only do bad things. Too lightweight, not strong enough and hefty fee.

Also, i think 30 million wont be enough. Best player in their team (besides lil' Luis) heading into a CL season plus he is considered one of the best young talents in the world.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #17: Jul 14, 2008 03:27:53 am
      No thanks. Would be hacked to the bone in this league and for a rising 20 year old it could only do bad things. Too lightweight, not strong enough and hefty fee.

Also, I think 30 million wont be enough. Best player in their team (besides lil' Luis) heading into a CL season plus he is considered one of the best young talents in the world.

I remember all the same being said of Nando last year. Gets pushed off the ball too easy, doesn't score enough, lazy, blah blah blah. Well I think 90% of people have egg on their face now.

I will be terrified for the rest of the transfer period if 30m is not enough.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #18: Jul 14, 2008 07:59:15 am
      30mil for a 20 year old.What has this world come to.Yes he might be good and still young but 30mil,Ridiculous.Kean will still be the best option.Harder worker and that experience in the PL will be key.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #19: Jul 14, 2008 12:18:45 pm
      I remember all the same being said of Nando last year. Gets pushed off the ball too easy, doesn't score enough, lazy, blah blah blah. Well I think 90% of people have egg on their face now.

Lazy? People were questioning whether giving him so much responsibility is good for him and that he couldnt handle the pressure and tried too hard!

Aguero is not what we need and someone who will NOT walk through our gates. I think its Scum planning their Ronaldo money.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #20: Jul 14, 2008 12:26:39 pm
      This is another case of Rick Parrys incompetence, we could have signed him a few years back but we weren't willing to pay that little bit extra, can't remember what the fee was but I'm certain that we could have signed him. But I don't think he would hack it in the PL, not until he puts on some more muscle anyway, we would be better off focusing on a winger rather than him.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #21: Jul 14, 2008 01:29:14 pm
      Yes but Neither Nando or Aguero had Stevie G at Atheltico did they...

Fair point- but they did have the one and only martin petrov ;D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #22: Jul 14, 2008 04:38:54 pm
      would be a much better signing than keane, this lad is destined for great things saw him against real last season and they just couldnt stop him, he got a hat trick that day. he is only a kid, this lad is going to be a superstar, himself an torres would be unstoppable, anyone thats has seen keane over the last 10 years and not just last season and a half knows aguero is a step up from him, i like robbie being irish and all, but ive being talking to loads of lads involved in the professional game in ireland about keane over the last few days and we are all of the same opinion robbie is a good player not great player, he is very clever but is slow and isnt the the strongest, while he has being good the last year and a half, there is an opinion that he has over performed, robbie is not a top 4 player and to be honest would really struggle in the formation we played last year unless he was playing in either the position occupied by torres or gerrard. i'm sorry to say if robbie came i think in the long run people would be disappointed with him but being irish i would like him to succeed

Quick Reply