Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Is it OK to eat thread?

Read 34375 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Is it OK to eat thread?
      Reply #207: Aug 19, 2014 11:36:42 pm
      I was thinking back to a time my old man re-heated egg fried rice from a takeaway and chucked his guts up for a few days as a result.

That's a definite no-no mate, bacteria city and no mistake.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #208: Aug 19, 2014 11:36:57 pm
      I was thinking back to a time my old man re-heated egg fried rice from a takeaway and chucked his guts up for a few days as a result.

That's different.
      Reheating needs to be F***ing boiling hot before you can take that risk.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #209: Aug 20, 2014 06:34:31 am

Eggs is bad sh*t anyway mate, you can be sick as a dog if the egg meal isn't prepared properly and as you mention if not consumed in a freshly cooked condition.
      Don't touch the F***ing things meslf.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #210: Aug 20, 2014 07:35:27 am
      When I was younger, I bought a 1/2 pound of boiled ham to make sandwiches for the journey down for a holiday down south. I then forgot all about it till I returned from holiday and it was still in the fridge. I then foolishly decided if I threw away the top couple of slices (slightly discoloured) it should be o.k. I only ate a couple of slices. It didn't make me sick, but a couple of days later I started to get a bad stomach ache and a couple of days after that blood in my poo. After the embarrassment of having to take a sample to the hospital, it was diagnosed as salmonella poisoning ..... which is not quite as much fun as you might think.

I had a visit from the local health authority who checked our fridge, gave us advice on storing meats .... cooked on the top shelf , raw on the bottom and then laughed himself silly at my stupidity. Personally I didn't do much laughing for quite a few months after.

Old boiled ham....not O.K. to eat

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #211: Aug 20, 2014 07:55:48 pm
      Well I was fine after having the rice. Don't know what all the fuss was about you bunch of pansies  :f_whistle:
      RedKennedys
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #212: Aug 27, 2014 09:19:25 pm
      Some years ago I was returning from Venezuela. Had last meal the night before departure and one course was delicious slices of raw beef. Next morning I was in agony and by the time I got to the airport was so bad the tour reps carried me off the coach and took me to the medical centre where the doctor prodded and poked, said something I couldn't understand and gave me 2 pills and a glass of water and 3 more pills to take on the flight. Within 30 seconds of staggering out of there I realised what he had given me was something to clear me out both ends at the same time. I set off for the gents doubled up and not daring to cough. I crashed through bogs door and nearly knocked over little old dear who had just finished cleaning all the traps and the china was gleaming. I sat down and released something akin to Chernobyl before quickly turning round to top it off with a gallon of vomit. After about 5 minutes of these alternating evacuations I felt able to risk leaving there. The look on the cleaner's face as I came out was a picture. I don't think the 5 Bolivar tip impressed her much but at least I didn't need the other 2 pills... 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #213: Aug 27, 2014 09:55:42 pm
      Was on a 6 and a half hour ferry journey last week. The sea had quite a swell. I'd done it before and thought it'd be no bother and for about two hours of the journey I was tickety boo. Feeling hungry, I proceeded to buy some snacks including a packet of quavers and a chunky kit kat and then foolishly went to the front of the boat and sat myself down adjacent to the bow, curious to see how rough the sea was. 3 minutes I sat there munching on my quavers as the ship crashed through the waves, up and down, up and down, up and down, sea, sky, sea, sky, sea, sky.

A few tosses of the stomach was enough to turn my face pale and I quickly made my way to the back of the boat where you couldn't feel it as much. The damage was done however. I sat down, fidgeting and nervous, knowing I couldn't ride out this bout of nausea. I went back to the little tuck shop to buy a drink of water - bad idea. To my horror as I walked down the corridor a fellow passenger let rip, spewing the contents of his stomach across the walkway -a good dinner wasted no doubt. 'Oh my F***ing god' I thought. I quickly made my way to the shop, bought some water and proceeded to make my way past the offending passenger who was now being attended to as I held my breath so not to breath in the vicious smell, all this while the ship continued to try and put me off my balance while simultaneously trying to squish me to the ground as it leapt in the air and then almost forcing me into zero gravity as it crashed back down into the sea. It was no use. Moments later I scrambled my way to the toilet - a one in two chance I was going to miss the bog. Luckily I got there just in time only to then spray green, almost nuclear like sick into the bowl. I locked myself in the toilet cubicle for near to three hours as my body produced numerous violent bile episodes with sound effects that must have made that girl from The Exorcist sound angelic. Indignity was the word of the day no doubt. To say I was relieved when the ship finally docked near to midnight was an understatement.

Don't head to the bow of a rough riding ship out of curiosity while munching on anything - even a bag of quavers.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #214: Aug 28, 2014 12:05:28 am
      Well I was fine after having the rice. Don't know what all the fuss was about you bunch of pansies  :f_whistle:

Told you it would be alright.

Quick Reply