Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Aislan (Sao Paulo)

Read 9964 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Aislan (Sao Paulo)
      Sep 24, 2008 05:44:01 pm
      Liverpool reportedly interested in acquiring services of Sao Paulo’s highly-rated centre back Aislan.

Setanta Sports repoting Rafael Benitez is willing to pay close to the players buy-out clause which is set at £10.5 million for the 20 year-old, who Rafa missed out on signing during the summer transfer window.

Paolino Oscar, the players agent, was the first to break the news of the contact between Liverpool and the player.

“They had revealed interest in the past one or two months, when the window was open,” Oscar told UOL Esporte.

“Now, I find that it was more difficult because everything is closed in Europe.” he added.

He also suggested that the player would like the chance to play in Europe but was clear to let it be known that the transfer was in the hands of Sao Paulo.

“It is in Sao Paulo’s hands and it is they who decide. If Aislan is told to leave, very well. If not, that is good also.”

“I have respect for Sao Paulo and I do not do blackmail, therefore it is the club who must make the primary move.” he added.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Aislan (Sao Paulo)
      Reply #1: Sep 24, 2008 09:21:18 pm
      Why go and spend that much money on a player we don't exactly need, we already have Hyypia, Carra, Skrtel and Agger for centre back. If Rafa wants to have younger centre backs then introduce the likes of San Jose and Hobbs.

That money can be put to better use that this guy IMO
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2: Sep 24, 2008 11:58:39 pm
      I dunno the point of buying him or even considering 10m for a player who has done nothing for them at a senior level (says he only made 3 appearances). They do have a really good player in Hernanes who looks quite the prospect (shame he is a CDM and we already have enough of them).
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #3: Sep 25, 2008 12:08:11 am
      Aislan isn't he the lion in the Narnia books?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #4: Sep 25, 2008 12:32:01 am
      Dont want him. Rather have the same CB's we have now and hobbs or San Jose added to them when Hyypia stops playing
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #5: Sep 25, 2008 01:07:50 am
      NAME: Aislan Paulo Lotici Back 
      POSITION: Defender
      HEIGHT: 1,93m
      WEIGHT: 87 Kg
      BIRTHDAY: 11/01/1988 
      BIRTHPLACE: Realeza 
      STATE: Paraná
      LAST CLUB : São Paulo Futebol Clube 

Sports History (Year and Clubs for which he played)

2000 - Oscar Sport
      2003 - Rio Branco EC - SP
      2003 - São Paulo Futebol Clube
      2008 - São Paulo Futebol Clube - profissional

Main Titles
      2003 - Campeonato Internacional na Koréa
      2007 - Campeão Dallas Cup - juniores

Prize
      2007 - Melhor jogador defensivo Dallas Cup
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #6: Sep 25, 2008 12:03:05 pm
      Liverpool FC may move for Brazilian defender Aislan
      Sep 25 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ is weighing up a move for Brazilian defender Aislan - but will only follow up his interest if he can be sure the 20-year-old will qualify for a work permit.

Liverpool looked into the possibility of taking the Sao Paolo star to Anfield in the last transfer window, but backed off when it emerged that acquiring a permit at that stage was likely to prove too difficult.

But Aislan remains on their radar and his agent, Paolino Oscar, expects Liverpool to make a firm offer for the towering defender in January.

Sao Paolo are hoping to receive a substantial fee for Aislan, who has a release clause of £10.5m in his contract, but Liverpool would not be willing to pay anything like that amount for his services.

Oscar insists that Aislan will not be handing in a transfer request, even though his client is flattered by Liverpool’s interest.

“They had revealed interest in the past one or two months, when the window was open,” he said.

“Now, I find that it was more difficult because everything is closed in Europe.

“It is in Sao Paulo’s hands and it is they who decide. If Aislan is told to leave, very well. If not, that is good also.

“I have respect for Sao Paulo and I do not do blackmail, therefore it is the club who must make the primary move.”

Aislan – whose full name is Aislan Paulo Lotici Back – is 6ft 4ins and is considered the most promising centre back to emerge out of Sao Paolo’s acclaimed youth system in several years.

He is a regular in the Sao Paolo side and is renowned for his aerial ability.

Meanwhile, Reds full back Philipp Degen is facing three weeks on the sidelines after it was confirmed that he suffered two broken ribs in the Carling Cup tie against Crewe.

Degen, who was brought to Anfield on a free transfer in the summer, was making his first competitive start for Liverpool in Tuesday night’s tie after he was ruled out for several weeks following groin surgery.

Don't worry I'm here all week!
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #7: Sep 25, 2008 01:14:37 pm
      Renowned for his aerial ability? Maybe Rafa is a bit worried about our ability defending and attacking set pieces, and rightly so. A replacement for Sami?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #8: Sep 25, 2008 01:20:39 pm
      We have Agger and Skrtel. Carra has a few years left and we have the like of Hobbs Ayala huth and San Jose coming through the ranks. Why look at this lad? Why not scour Brazil or Argentina for players who play in the positions we need talent  such as wingers?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #9: Sep 25, 2008 01:25:29 pm
      Fair point. But Rafa has only given Hobbs a chance in the first team thus far. This might be a sign that Agger might not be too happy about the amount of games he's been given this season. Or Rafa might not be happy with the progress of the likes of San Jose and Huth.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #10: Sep 25, 2008 01:33:42 pm
      So whats to say if he signed this lad hed be left on the bench and the reserves and be another waste of cash?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #11: Sep 25, 2008 03:36:19 pm
      I don't know. I'm just saying that defending and attacking set pieces needs improvement. A lot of our goals that we concede come from corners or free kicks. Maybe thats down to us being sh*te at zonal marking though. I'm glad Rafa's looking at our aerial ability. It seems only Torres and Sami that offer any threat at the moment.
      « Last Edit: Sep 25, 2008 03:43:00 pm by paulrobbo »
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #12: Sep 25, 2008 09:22:09 pm
      Im glad rafa is looking at aerial advantage being added to our team but our CB's next season should be carra, agger, skrtel and hobbs imo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Sep 25, 2008 10:12:53 pm
      If he was a right back then yes go for it because we only really have Arbeloa because Degan is injured all the time at them moment
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14: Sep 25, 2008 10:16:33 pm
      We don't need a centre back, nobody even knows the guy thats the worst thing. Nobody in this forum can turn round and say they know how good he is because they havent got a clue haha. Save the money and put it towards buying bale and sell Aurelio and then put the money together and buy Bale :).
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #15: Sep 25, 2008 10:24:04 pm
      Nobody in this forum can turn round and say they know how good he is because they havent got a clue haha. 

Diego might? He's Brazilian isn't he?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Sep 25, 2008 10:27:38 pm
      Hes played bloody 3 games for sao paolo nobody knows how good he is ;D. Especially people in this forum. Maybe if you was a scout who had been scouting him then your opinion would matter but there's no point everybody saying how good of a signing he would be because he is un-heard of ;D. Or are you a bit dense to understand that?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #17: Sep 25, 2008 10:33:17 pm
      Or are you a bit dense to understand that?

I was just stating that Diego who is a member on this forum may know more about the player. Are you a bit dense to understand that?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18: Sep 25, 2008 10:35:06 pm
      No cant say i am lmao. But its not just diego that is posting is it you F***ing dope :S. So whats point in talking about somebody nobody knows.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #19: Sep 25, 2008 10:37:06 pm
      No cant say I am lmao. But its not just diego that is posting is it you F***ing dope :S. So whats point in talking about somebody nobody knows.

It's like talking to a brick wall this. I'll repeat once more. Diego is Brazilian, he may be able to tell us more about the player we don't know much about thus far.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20: Sep 25, 2008 10:48:29 pm
      You dont get it do you lmao. If i was you i would consider going back to school you doler. If diego is the only 1 that can enlighten us on his amazing talent or lack of it then why is everybody having an opinion on him saying he is sh*t or amazing :S
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #21: Sep 25, 2008 10:51:55 pm
      Are you sure your above the forum consent age? All I was saying was a guy who watches Brazilian football may be able to shed some light on his abilities. Your just coming out with a load of complete bollocks and I'm pretty sure the majority will agree with me.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Sep 25, 2008 11:03:19 pm
      Eh lmao. Im like 18 in less than 2 weeks u prat so yes i am ;D u act about 12. Why am i coming out with complete bollocks by simply saying that nobody can give an honest opinion on how good this guy is because nobody knows of him and whoever knows of him havent seen him play alot of games because hes played 3 times ;D. Why cant u cope with that lmao? Ill get you a tissue if you want :D

Quick Reply