Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Snooker

Read 169313 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Re: Snooker
      Reply #115: Feb 01, 2009 08:52:55 pm
      Anyone know what Jimmy White is doing ? 

He's got a world championship qualifier against Vincent Muldoon on the 27th of this month mate.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #116: Feb 01, 2009 11:59:42 pm
      He's got a world championship qualifier against Vincent Muldoon on the 27th of this month mate.

Thanks for that.Don't suppose you know the venue ?                                 

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #117: Feb 02, 2009 12:01:48 am
      Looks like it'll be the Badminton Hall in Sheffield.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/ws_championship_qualifiers_news.htm?tid=121 All info is there mate.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #118: Feb 02, 2009 09:51:01 am
      Cheers D L S.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #119: Apr 03, 2009 11:39:01 pm
      I reckon we have a LFCReds sweep for the World's. (providing we can get 32 people willing to enter)

So this going ahead or what? ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #120: Apr 03, 2009 11:40:49 pm

Why when is it?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #121: Apr 03, 2009 11:45:14 pm
      Full draw for the World Championships starting on the 18th of April

O'Sullivan v Bingham
      Allen v Gould
      Ebdon v Bond
      Day v Lee
      Higgins v Holt
      Perry v Cope
      Dott v Hawkins
      Selby v Walden
      Murphy v Higginson
      Fu v Swail
      Ding v Wenbo
      Hendry v Williams
      Carter v Greene
      Robertson v Davis
      King v McLeod
      Maguire v Bennett - no match fixing we hope ;)

Best games look to be Hendry v Williams and I like the look of the Joe Perry - Jamie Cope match. I think Cope could do well in this competition if he's on form because he's a great potter, safety play is improving as well.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #122: Apr 03, 2009 11:45:40 pm

Starts the 18th of April mate
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #123: Apr 05, 2009 10:05:50 pm
      Can't wait for this to start..Selby looks like a good bet to me..maybe an outsider could be Peter Ebdon,who won the chinese open today..
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #124: Apr 06, 2009 12:56:53 am
      My bet for the Worlds is Mark Williams. A big outsider but he's refinding his best form this year, he knows what it takes to win the tournament and is great in both potting and safety.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #125: Apr 17, 2009 03:22:54 pm
      Can't wait for this tomorrow.

O'Sullivan v Bingham
      Ronnie will obviously be the favourite but he doesn't like the World's because it means he's away from his family for two weeks. His head has to be absoloutely spot on during the duration if he's to win it and we all know with O'Sullivan his head isn't always as it should be. Should cruise through against Stuart Bingham, although Bingham does have a history of knocking out the world's best early on in the World Championships, not so long ago he beat Hendry.

Allen v Gould
      Mark Allen is probably the most improved player in the world this year and looks to have the making of a future World champ. I think this year is a bit early for him but could certainly go far in the tournament if he gets past Ronnie in round two (providing they both make it that is). Must admit I don't know Martin Gould, so won't be expecting mirarcles from him. Gould is currently 63rd in the world and provisionally 51st, so he is improving.

Ebdon v Bond
      Well this isn't going to be a fast paced game. In fact it could last as long as the entire tournament itself :laugh: Ebdon is in good form after winning the China Open and Nigel Bond is struggling this year. So much so that at the moment he's provisionally out the top 32. Looks like a win for Ebdon who will be fancying his chances of going far in the tournament but Ebdon's style of play will suit Bond so it's not a foregone conclusion in my opinion. Still fancy Ebdon but wouldn't be surprised to see Bond pull something out the hat.

Day v Lee
      The Welshman Ryan Day has been outstanding in the last couple of years and it's no surprise to see him racing up the rankings. Stephen Lee on the other hand is going the opposite way, losing his place in the top 16 meaning he had to qualify for this tournament. I expect this good to be a good game if Lee can play at his best, if not then I think Day will storm away with it. Certainly two good potters and are probably of a same level of quality, it's just Day is taking his chances currently and Lee isn't.

Higgins v Holt
      Holt is a good player but shouldn't cause John Higgins too much trouble. Higgins is a top quality player and has won more ranking points than any other player this season. He's playing as well as I've ever seen him and expect to him to go far in the tournament. Holt is having one of his better seasons this year and with the talent he has should be winning more matches than he does.

Perry v Cope
      Joe Perry has had a good couple of years recently but he's up against one of the best talents in the game, Shotgun - Jamie Cope. He's a top 16 player in the making and he's improving all the time. His potting is already exceptional and his safetly play is getting better. Providing the occoassion doesn't get too big for Cope, I think he's good enough to knock The Gentleman Joe Perry out.

Dott v Hawkins
      Dott after a bad few years since winning the World's in 2006 but this year is getting somewhere back to his best, despite being provisonally 32nd in the world. That's how bad he's been in the last few seasons. Barry Hawkins on the other hand is playing way above his standards. Two or three very good seasons has saw him on the verge of breaking into the top 16. I'd take Hawkins for this match, I think he'll edge it.

Selby v Walden
      Selby will be expected to do well after proving to be one of the best players in the world at such a young age. He's facing Ricky Walden in the first round and Walden won a tournament not long ago, Shangai Masters I think, so he'll be confident. Won't be an easy game for Selby, but still expect him to go through.

Murphy v Higginson
      Shaun The Magician should walk away with this match, on paper at least. He's in great form and Andy Higginson is an average player at best. Murphy should be looking to end the match as quickly as possible and put his feet up for the winner of the the Marco Fu - Joe Swail match. A good bet to be the winenr of the entire thing Murphy, he's done it before.

Fu v Swail
      One of the hardest games of the opening round to call this. Fu has come on leaps and bounds in recent years, mainly since Terry Griffiths became his coach but Swail won't be an easy task. He's one of the players who sticks around and doesn't give in. Real tough player to beat as he can grind you down with his safety but once in amongst the balls can be deadly. Only due to the fact that Fu is in the best form of his life, I'll say he'll win.

Ding v Wenbo
      The all Asian match will certainly have a lot of people interested as it's likely to be a fast and furious match. Certainly two of the best young players around at potting but both need to work on their safety. I think Ding will win it quite comfortably because of Wenbo's tendancy to go for shots that aren't on. I think Wenbo misses a fair few of those difficult shots which will leave Ding in amongst the balls time and time again. And a player of Ding's quality isn't likely to miss out too often if those chances are presented to him.

Hendry v Williams
      A few years ago this would of been fitting for a final. You can never write Hendry off in the World Championships, it's his tournament. He always wants to win this one more than any other so it won't be easy for Williams who has found himself back in the top 16, provisionally at least. I've already stated I think Williams is a good bet to win the tournament because of the form he's found this season. He's getting somewhere near his best again and wouldn't be surprised to see him do well. Tie of the round in my opinion this one.

Carter v Greene
      Ali Carter is playing at his best currently and Gerard Greene just isn't likely to cause him any trouble here. Greene is moving further down the rankings and I just can't find any reasons why Carter won't go through. Carter is provisionally 4th in the world, the highest of his career and is improving. Good shout for the overall winner but I do have doubts as last year he seemed to choke in the final against O'Sullivan. But after being the runner up last year, he does have some unfinished buisness at the Crucible so maybe this is Carter's year.

Robertson v Davis
      The Aussie Neil Robertson is probably having his best season for a long time and should be beating the 6 time World Champion Steve Davis. Davis is having a pretty decent season himself though, but still expect the Melbourne Machine to win this match. Comfortabally as well.

King v McLeod
      Mark King is back out of the top 16 provionally so needs a good run in the World's and McLeod is probably as easy a match as he could of wanted. McLeod shouldn't be causing King too many problems but you never know. King does tend to allow to his players a few chances as he misses quite a few easy pots but I don't think McLeod is going to take advantage of it. King should go through.

Maguire v Burnett
      Practice partners, good mates and a match fixing accusation. Makes for an interesting match. Maguire is a top quality player and is capable of beating anybody in the world without needing to fix the match ;) He's got the potentional to win the tournament and Jamie Burnett shouldn't be too difficult a task for Maguire.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #126: Apr 18, 2009 02:42:02 pm
      At the intervals the current scores are

O'Sullivan 6-3 Bingham with Ronnie already hitting a break of 140
      King 3v3 McLeod

I'm just off to watch the Hendry/Williams match http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/snooker/default.stm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #127: Apr 18, 2009 02:42:52 pm
      ^^^ The Hendry-Williams match has the potential to be a cracker.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #128: Apr 18, 2009 02:57:56 pm
      Hendry won the first frame.

2nd frame: Williams went in off after going for a long red, Hendry then missed a red over the pocket, Williams got back potted a nice red but bad position shot.

Can I take back the statement in which I said Mark Williams could win the World title this year. He's looking bad in the opening couple of frames.

Hendry taken the 2nd frame. 2-0 Hednry.

Williams pulled one back. Still looked a little edgey but he's off the mark now. 2-1.

Hendry restored two frame lead. 3-1.

Hendry running away with the match. 4-1.

Williams took the last frame. 4-2.

Comeback continues as Williams takes another. 4-3.

Comeback complete as Williams leads 5-4. ;D
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2009 07:41:21 pm by dunlop liddell shankly »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #129: Apr 18, 2009 07:42:34 pm
      Current scores are

Carter 3-1 Greene (playing right now)
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2009 08:47:59 pm by dunlop liddell shankly »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #130: Apr 18, 2009 08:37:07 pm
      Ronnie is through to round two after beating Stuart Bingham 10-5.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #131: Apr 19, 2009 02:59:43 pm
      Selby has won his opening two frames against Walden.
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2009 03:14:58 pm by dunlop liddell shankly »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #132: Apr 19, 2009 04:37:30 pm
      Selby 4-1 Walden
      Carter 9-5 Greene
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #133: Apr 19, 2009 04:38:49 pm
      I want Selby to win, i like him for some reason. ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #134: Apr 19, 2009 04:49:46 pm
      Ronnie will win it ;)
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #135: Apr 19, 2009 07:54:25 pm
      Anyone got any stream for live snooker please? bar the bbc one cause its only for the UK.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #136: Apr 19, 2009 07:56:53 pm
      Not sure if either of these are for the snooker or not but I'll post them just in case:

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=36361&part=sports

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=36603&part=sports
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #137: Apr 19, 2009 07:59:55 pm
      Nice one.Thanks.

Quick Reply