Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Keirrison (Curitiba)

Read 12228 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Keirrison (Curitiba)
      Oct 30, 2008 11:18:15 pm
      I saw in the Daily Mirror today that we have been offered the chance to sign 19 year old wonder kid Keirrison.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has been offered the chance to sign Brazilian wonderkid Keirrison.

The Curitiba striker, 19, tipped to be Brazil's next big name, is a free agent next summer and has already attracted interest from Valencia and Barcelona.

I have never heard of him but if he is being touted as Brazil's next big name then that must be a good thing, especially if Valencia and Barcelona are also interested.

He looks like a good player going by these youtube clips but we all know how deseptive they can be. :-\

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud6t6JSDQtg&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_5xOOBFWZ9A&feature=related

Appear to have quite a bit of pace about him too. I was impressed with his goal in the 1st clip the way he took it with the outside of his foot on 2mins 30secs. Also looks a very skillful player. He also ha an eye for goal with over 50 goals in just over 100 games. (not a bad record for 19 year old), he could be a great partner for Nando??

Without jumping the gun and over hyping him I think Rafa should sign him, he appears to have a flair about him (something we are lacking in our other Brazilians). Get him in January and under Rafa I think there is a chance he could become a key player.

Link To The Mirror

talkaloadofbull.com have done the whole article

Link To Goal

Interesting to read that the forward has'nt been offered to the 2 La Liga teams.   
      « Last Edit: Oct 31, 2008 11:26:03 am by JD »
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Keirrison - The Next Big Thing?
      Reply #1: Oct 30, 2008 11:25:33 pm
      If he's as good as they say he is and the Daily Mirror aren't talking sh*te (a very long shot I know), then if we can pick him up for free why not. If Barcelona or Valencia got hold of him and he became what he's being touted as, then we'd all be pretty pissed off.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #2: Oct 30, 2008 11:27:59 pm
      With the link being   talkaloadofbull.com is true?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3: Oct 30, 2008 11:29:50 pm
      The way Barca are going with their youngsters at the moment i would hate it if we missed out on him because they have made Messi into a contender for the worlds best player at such a young age and Bojan is also flying and he is just 17 and scoring champions league goals.
      If Rafa thinks he can become a very good player then i dont see why he would'nt want to snap him up (especially with Keane not having started to repay his tag yet)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Oct 31, 2008 06:55:38 am
      If we sign this young lad credit must go to RAFA for the way he is selling the club to these youngsters,you would have to go back a few years to compare when we had so many good players at all levels through to the 1st team squad.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 31, 2008 08:43:09 am
      What about a work permit?  Don't you need to have played for your country?
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #6: Oct 31, 2008 09:44:12 am
      He has 50 goals in 100 games, but almost all in the 2nd division. That said, that's still a great record for a young lad.

Curitiba are now in the first division.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Oct 31, 2008 10:32:05 am
      Free agent why not? Surely if he's going to be bigger than guys like Lulinha and Renato then i say snap him up Rafa!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Keirrison (Curitiba)
      Reply #8: Oct 31, 2008 01:45:21 pm
      We never sign these players which is kind of annoying, if he's free its not even taking a chance
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #9: Oct 31, 2008 04:30:56 pm
      it's about time we have talents like this ;D. Why don't we have a Cesc Fabregas or a Theo Walcott?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #10: Oct 31, 2008 05:38:33 pm
      at least in signing flora it shows rafa can take risks
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #11: Nov 01, 2008 01:51:04 pm
      Come on scout department you can do this. He will be 1 for the future for sure.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #12: Nov 05, 2008 01:27:29 pm
      From the Youtube videos, this guy looks good! But then again so did Mark Gonzalez!!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #13: Nov 05, 2008 04:14:30 pm
      Do we need another promising young striker? N'gog, Nemeth, Pacheco are all knocking on (or are supposed to be soon enough) the first team door. Still, for free you can't really say no. Might be worth a shot, though you don't want to over-hype the kid just yet.
      Gui F.J.V
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #14: Nov 06, 2008 01:44:38 pm
      He plays here in 'Coritiba' (i'm from Brazil)

he's a nice striker.. but we can get a better one !
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: Nov 08, 2008 07:59:43 pm
      I heard he just signed a new contract and so his price is around 10 million (?) meaning we're out.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #16: Nov 08, 2008 09:46:03 pm
      I heard he just signed a new contract and so his price is around 10 million (?) meaning we're out.

Any source because I found this article on talkaloadofbull.com which was done yesterday saying he will be going for sure.

Europe's big boys have been put on red alert after Brazilian prodigy Keirrison, and his club, revealed that he is ready to leave his homeland...

"My dream is to play and to triumph in Europe," Keirrison said on the Setanta Sports website. "I am working to achieve this goal every day."

The 19-year-old, who has been touted as one of the most promising young strikers in South America, came to prominence last year when he helped Coritiba win the Serie B title and earn promotion to Brazil's top flight.

'K9', as he is colloquially known, has scored over 50 goals in 100 games since being elevated to the senior squad at the Estadio Couto Pereira, and his efforts have not gone unnoticed across the Atlantic.

Barcelona and Liverpool have both been strongly linked with Keirrison, with Rafael Benitez reported to be particularly keen on the Dourados-born forward.

The Coritiba president, Jair Cirino dos Santos, admitted that there have been several enquiries into the Keirrison's availability and declared that the youngster's days in the Brasileiro are nearing an end.

"There is certainly interest from Europe, but the issue is not yet resolved," Dos Santos said. "Keirrison will not play in Brazil next season and that is for certain."

Most of Keirrison's contract is owned by Mais Sports, a third-party firm similar to the one who brought Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez to West Ham United in 2006.

A spokesperson for the company said: "K9 will be in Europe for the next season, but we need to study the offers to decide what is best," he said.

"The kid is prepared for the jump to Spain, England or Italy. It will not be a problem because he will be Brazil's number nine in two or three years."

Link
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Nov 09, 2008 08:59:20 am
      Still on the move for sure, but his club have signed him on so they get a figure for him apparently. Will find the source as soon as possible.
      dannyboylfc
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      • I Just Can't Get Enough!!!!
      Reply #18: Nov 18, 2008 02:12:01 pm
      i hope we sign him he looks decent
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #19: Nov 23, 2008 10:08:00 am
      Scored 4 goals over night against Santos. Impressive.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #20: Nov 23, 2008 02:59:49 pm
      I'd like to see him signed in the winter. The lad has potential to become a great and under Rafa i think he could reach that potential
      ColdEyes
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts |
      Reply #21: Dec 01, 2008 07:29:15 pm
      It's a good kid. If we get him cheap, it's worth a shot. He does well with the Coritiba squad, which isn't among the greatest in brazil, so I guess he could make real good in Anfield.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #22: Dec 01, 2008 08:01:52 pm
      Since when did we bring up youngsters into the first team?

Quick Reply