Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

The huge Anfield problem

Read 313155 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: The huge Anfield problem
      Reply #1633: Jan 28, 2012 08:15:57 am
      Let's get the ground rocking again today people... Anyone going, let's get the old place shaking.

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1634: Jan 28, 2012 08:18:15 am
      Should and better be rocking tonight.

Lunchtime, we're not playing Down Under, mate! ;)

There's a small possibility stress or (hangovers ;)) could hinder the atmosphere, but I doubt it.

Kenny and the players commented on the fact that they were inspired by the support shown against City. If that can't motivate fans into singing their hearts out against our biggest rivals, then I don't know what will.

Now if the club could just sort out the daft problems like groups of friends not being able to get seating together, things would surely improve, even during the less "glamorous" fixtures.

I imagine it's easy for the party-poopers who don't want to sing to glare down individuals trying to get things rocking, but that wouldn't work against groups of determined Reds wanting to encourage their lads.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,900 posts | 6827 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1635: Jan 28, 2012 08:28:37 am
      Lunchtime, we're not playing Down Under, mate! ;)

We are mate down here  ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1636: Jan 28, 2012 08:49:43 am
      Wasn't any problem Wednesday and there wont be today
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1637: Jan 28, 2012 01:50:28 pm
      Loud rendition of "We're not racist, We only hate Mancs" before kick-off, was class.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #1638: Jan 29, 2012 09:58:57 am
      Was good again yesterday, not the same as against City, but the noise after Kuyts winner was unbelievable.

I ended up two rows down from my actual seat after it hit the net with some random bloke hugging me like he'd just won the Euromillions!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #1639: Jan 29, 2012 12:27:20 pm
      Atmosphere wasn't as good as the Man City game although I was stuck in the Upper Centenary.  Some proper moaning bas**rds up there - won't be in a hurry to sit there again.

After Kuyt's goal I think the dads and lads in the Upper Anny and the end of the Paddock must have been scarf twirling for about 10 minutes though - they seemed to be having a good time!
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #1640: Jan 29, 2012 02:18:59 pm
      Was in the upper Anny with the dads and lads lots of new faces seemed to be lot more local lad’s going by the accents and joining in with some of the older songs. Too right we had a good time.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #1641: Jan 30, 2012 10:06:15 am
      If we can get games like that all the time would be enough. Great to see other parts of the stadium sing YNWA before the game. YNWA is one problem that needs to be fixed, everyone should sing it.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1642: Jan 30, 2012 10:13:02 am
      I was in the Paddock Row A....not my favourite seats but we had a good sing in there as well - and sometimes to see the Kop rather than be in it with all the flags and banners is a great sight as well.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1643: Apr 26, 2012 12:06:24 pm
      Have to say, West Brom was F***ing sh*te. But then again, we were playing West Brom.

What I want to bring up though is the lack of enthusiasm from the crowd when West Brom scored. That is definitely something that alarmed me. I was in the Upper Centenary, so I may have missed any squeals of encouragement from pitch level I suppose. But you know that rallying call? Where was it?

And another thing. It's been mentioned a few times in the pub, on message boards and podcasts etc, but there certainly does seem like there's too much moaning going on these days. I think practically nearly every game I've been to this season, there's been a player within about a 5 seat radious that is already calling someone a w**ker within about ten minutes of the game.

Do these bellends not realise it can have a detrimental effect on the players? If one in five people in Anfield are moaning within ten minutes, then how much is that going to pressure our already unconfident squad as the game goes on? I know how the team are playing also influences people, no problem with that. But there's a difference between having a groan and then blatant personal abuse.

Things are getting worse my red friends.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #1644: Apr 26, 2012 12:48:19 pm
      One of the biggest factors for me this year has been ,and some are not going to like this but i will say it anyway ,, a lot of my tickets this year have tended to be in the main stand down by the away supporters ,now you should be up for a lot of banter and singing ,but the amount of foreign fans sat in that part has absolutely killed it ,i myself come from out of town but i learn the songs and get stuck in,  i have even complained to stewards this year all these fans want to do is take in their long lense cameras and take fcking photos all through the game ,just how the fck are they going through the turn styles with these fcking great big bags and cameras ,its a fcking joke when you think of all the genuine fans who cant get tickets including the locals, the only ones who joined in this year by us was a gang of germans,fair play to them, if these fans want to take photos why dont they go on the tour and take all the photos they want.

Our fans from the east need to fcking wake up and join in or stay in the fcking house and watch it ,they turn up to take in the incredible anfield atmosphere and they are the very fans that are killling it , then have the nerve to say it was quiet , it goes on in the kop too but i have noticed it more in the main stand this year as thats where i have ended up.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #1645: Apr 26, 2012 01:16:46 pm
      Too much of this "I pay me money, I have the right to moan and boo" sh*te going round at the moment. The anxiety in the crowd transcends on to the pitch, and by Christ you cant half tell. No wonder players like Henderson are reluctant to try anything risky, he gets F***ing whoppers in the stands telling him how sh*te he is whenever he misplaces a pass.

If people are going to the ground just to be a "fan" & not "support" they might as well stay at home. F***ing gets on my tits.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,532 posts | 3468 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1646: Apr 26, 2012 01:22:50 pm
      Too much of this "I pay me money, I have the right to moan and boo" sh*te going round at the moment. The anxiety in the crowd transcends on to the pitch, and by Christ you cant half tell. No wonder players like Henderson are reluctant to try anything risky, he gets f**king whoppers in the stands telling him how sh*te he is whenever he misplaces a pass.

If people are going to the ground just to be a "fan" & not "support" they might as well stay at home. F***ing gets on my tits.

Exactly, the empty seats by the end of the albion game really fu**ed me off.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #1647: Apr 27, 2012 12:54:34 pm
      If the atmospere's bad now, imagine what it'd be like if we moved stadiums. It's not even worth thinking about.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,330 posts | 774 
      Is Anfield becoming our "bogey" ground
      Reply #1648: May 02, 2012 09:24:26 am
      The way results have gone at home this year I am wondering Is Anfield beginning to feel like our "bogey" ground for some reason
      StevieG80
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Re: Is Anfield becoming our "bogey" ground
      Reply #1649: May 02, 2012 09:29:57 am
      I think its more case of our bogey competition than it being our bogey ground. We have lost many away also its just happens that at home losses are more and is a bigger shock because people think by rights we should mostly win at home. When we are more established mid table team we will come to realise that the results wont just take care of themselves just cos you are at home and that you have to put 110% in in every game.
      Teams wont stand off at Anfield or be as cautious now.
      Last night was a mix of reserve players playing and the 12th man being half a man ;D
      I don't think its afield just more a mentality thing as much as anything.
      As a mid table team (for now) we have to accept that we are going to drop points at home and stand as much chance loosing there as we do away from there.
      Maybe a new stadium would help..........
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1650: May 02, 2012 11:15:46 am
      We just can't seem to score at Anfield. Only 20 goals and that's in 18 home games. So pathetic.

Soooooo glad the FA Cup final is not at Anfield.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1651: May 02, 2012 11:29:05 am
      Maybe someone buried a donkey under our pitch. Apparently that's bad luck. Especially for the donkey.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #1652: May 02, 2012 11:56:47 am
      The home form has seriously killed us this season.

5 wins allllllllllllll season and we used to be collecting them points at home. Last season we managed 12 and the seaosn before 13.

All comes back down to the failure to score goals at Anfield.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1653: May 02, 2012 12:00:30 pm
      Soooooo glad the FA Cup final is not at Anfield.
      15 goals in 4 FA Cup games at Anfield this season ain't that bad tbh :P
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #1654: May 02, 2012 12:27:09 pm
      15 goals in 4 FA Cup games at Anfield this season ain't that bad tbh :P

Weren't 3 of them own goals? :P
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #1655: May 02, 2012 12:37:35 pm
      Would still take 12 in 4  :P

Quick Reply